Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Small town romance - 7. Chapter 7

Small town romance

Chapter 7

I wasn’t sure just how much time had passed since… Well, you know. Heehee! I still get shivers thinking about it, about he felt against me, how his lips felt on mine. I could still taste him in my mouth. It was hard to describe actually, like how chicken somehow tastes like everything if that makes sense. It was sweet and made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and I found myself wanting more.

Geez, listen to me! I sound like a horny schoolgirl!

Chris and I were cuddling on my bed after having gotten up from our little spill. I had my head resting on his chest while he had his arm around my shoulders, gently squeezing my bicep from time to time. It was silent but not in an awkward way, more like a ‘nothing needs to be said’ kind of way. Still, there were some question nagging at my mind to I decided to voice them. Well, I was going to but Chris beat me to it.

“Hey Nikki?”

“Yeah?”

“I just realised I know almost next to nothing about you.”

I giggled.

“Yeah, that’s my fault. I’m not exactly talkative.”

I frowned.

“Is that a problem? You know, jumping into this without knowing about me?”

He shook his head.

“Not really. I mean we can remedy that right now can’t we?”

“Yeah, I guess we can.”

We both smiled mischievously at each other.

“20 questions?”

“20 questions.”

We both cackled wildly like monkeys! It’s like we think on the same wavelength. It’s true, we were going quite fast. I mean we only met yesterday and we’re already making out! But… it just feels right you know?

We finally calmed down so that we could talk without devolving into giggling heaps.

“So… You first Chris.”

“Alright, um… how old are you?”

“16.”

I replied.

“Me too!”

“Dummy! I’m supposed to ask you first! Heehee!”

“Oh yeah, heh heh.”

“Ok, my turn… Why’d you move to Nannup?”

Chris leaned back and stared at the ceiling.

“Dad got a really good job opportunity at one of the open air mines down south driving a dump truck.”

He then took on a sombre expression.

“The money is much better of course, but…”

I rubbed his firm stomach pityingly.

“It meant you had to leave your friends behind…”

“Yeah…”

As quickly as the sadness appeared, it faded away to be replaced by his familiar grin.

“But I still talk with them on Facebook and stuff, so it’s not like I got cut off from them completely.”

“Good.”

Chris kissed the tip of my nose appreciatively.

“How long have you known you were gay?”

I gazed at the ceiling, thinking back to a time when I was still naïve.

“I think I’ve always known. I mean I knew ever since I was little that I was different. I preferred to play kiss chasey with boys rather than girls, I liked girl’s dresses rather than action figures. But I think the clincher was when I saw Power rangers in space. Heh heh, the silver ranger was the first guy to ever make me feel funny in the pants you know?”

Chris giggled.

“Yeah I know the feeling!”

“So… same question to you sir!”

I declared with my best British accent. Chris laughed.

“Alright. Um… Ah, yes. I knew ever since I was 13 but apparently, my parents knew when I was 4.”

“How come?”

“When they asked me what I wanted for my birthday, apparently I said ‘Barbie’s dream house!’”

“Pffft hahahahahahahah!!!”

Once again, we lay on my bed, rolling around and giggling like crazy.

“So… what about you? How come you live with your Grandad?”

There it was. I should have known this question was coming. It had been four years but I still didn’t like to think about it. But… as I already said, I don’t like to keep secrets. I suppose talking about this will help get it off my chest. Well, here goes nothing…

“I um… my parents had some… trouble with, um… Drugs and stuff…”

I looked away, scratching the back of my neck. I felt almost ashamed to tell him this for some reason. Chris looked appalled at himself for asking it seemed.

“Oh… I’m sorry, I… I didn’t mean to bring up any bad memories-“

“No no, it’s ok. I think talking about this would do me some good.”

Chris looked ready to protest but I gave him a reassuring look. I think I wanted him to know, for some reason.

“My Dad overdosed on heroine a few years after I was born… so it was just me and mum until I was 12. I don’t remember much from back then but… I knew she had a problem. Because she’d disappear for days at a time, never telling me where she was going. The drugs, they…”

I felt tears begin to form at the corners of my eyes.

“They had a really strong grip on her, especially after Dad died. Gran and Grandad took me in… after they’d called the house and I told them that… that Mum had been gone for a week. It would’ve been sooner but… Mum was actually really good a-at hiding her… problem…”

I sobbed quietly. Chris held me closer, stroking my hair. It had been so long, but it still affected me. I wiped the tears from my eyes, embarrassed that I just burst into the waterworks in front of Chris. I looked up at him to find him crying too! What…?

“I… I’m so sorry Nikita. I… I can’t even imagine what that must’ve been like… I should never have asked you, I-I’m sorry I made you upset…”

He murmured through his snivelling. I knew I would cry but… I didn’t think I’d make him so distressed. I gave him a quick peck on the lips.

“Hey, come on now. Let’s not focus on the past so much. I’m happy now. Really happy…”

I blushed furiously for what I was about to say.

“… Happy that I met you.”

I smiled like a lovesick puppy. Chris beamed, holding me closer to him. We must have looked so silly, huddled together, faces covered in tears but huge grins on our faces. The time seemed right, so I asked the last question that I had on my mind.

“So… Are we like, um… you know… b-boyfriends?”

I’m surprised I didn’t go dizzy from the amount of blood rushing to my cheeks. Chris gazed tenderly into my eyes, bringing a hand up to stroke my cheek.

“I would like that very much.”

He replied.

I… I…

I HAVE A BOYFRIEND!!! WOOHOO!!!

The sheer joy I felt at that moment must have shown on my face because Chris began to snicker at me.

“Heehee… your face is like a tomato! Hahahah!”

“S-Shut up! Heehee… you’re blushing too!”

“Am not!”

“You are too! See, your blushing here-“

I kissed his left cheek.

“-and here.”

And his right cheek. Chris chuckled, brushing my fringe out of my eyes.

“You know… I’m really glad I moved here now.”

I caressed his smooth cheek, gazing deeply into his brilliant eyes.

“Yeah… me too.”

Copyright © 2013 chunkyredhead; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

That was like the sweetest chapter.

 

Thank you. I'm having a real shit day and just reading this latest chapter brightened it up and made me smile. =)

 

Looking forward to the next update. :)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..