Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Small town romance - 8. Chapter 8

Small town romance

Chapter 8

“Hey… look.”

Chris gazed out the window after another one of our little make out sessions. Yeah I know! But we just couldn’t get enough.

“Wow. We’ve been at this for a while huh?”

I remarked. The sun had almost completely set under the horizon of trees and hills and farmland. The dying rays of light cast vibrant shades of red and pink across the skyline, the view obscured only by a few scant clouds. It was beautiful…

Rumble, growl. Oh God…

Chris looked at me and giggled.

“Heehee! Was that your stomach?”

“N-No…”

Oh God, what’s wrong with me?! A wonderful romantic moment and my stupid tummy went and ruined it! Wait, tummy? What am I, 8?

“I’m really sorry Chris. I… I ruined the moment didn’t I?”

I looked away, a humiliating blush crossing my cheeks. Chris cupped my chin, gently turning me back to look him in the eye.

“You don’t have to be so hard on yourself. I like the little things you do. They’re cute.”

“They… they are…?”

Heehee… he thinks I’m cute…

Rumble, growl.

“Oh my God, seriously?!”

I glared at my noisy belly. Chris just giggled.

“Well, we have been up here a while. Maybe we should think about dinner.”

I flinched.

“D-Dinner… together?”

I asked, cursing the quiver in my voice. Chris just smiled, kissing my cheek.

“Well yeah, why not?”

“You mean… as in a… a date?”

“Yeah.”

Now it was Chris’s turn to blush and look away.

“I mean… if you want to…”

A moment of quiet passed before I took his cheeks in my palms and kissed him deeply.

“I’d love to!”

I cried after pulling away. Chris smiled like a kid on Christmas.

“Well great!”

Chris’s smile faltered for a moment.

“Now if only I knew a place to take you to…”

I giggled, stroking his silken hair.

“You just leave that to me.”

I poked his nose, watching it wrinkle cutely, then rolled out of bed. Time to requisition a date from a certain crotchety old man. Yeah, normally people go on a date with just the two of them, but… Well I live in the kind of place where my preference in life partners isn’t exactly appreciated. So to avoid getting the shit kicked out of us, Chris and I would have to have our first date supervised.

I really hope he’s ok with this…

I came down the stairs with a noticeable spring in my step, bouncing into the kitchen where Grandad was grabbing a beer out of the fridge.

“Hey Grandad.”

He looked up and grinned.

“Oh there you are! I was worried I was gonna hav’ta cut the power just to drag you two outta there!”

I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah, yeah.”

“So, come down for some grub have ya?”

“Yeah, it is that time. So I was thinking-“

“Wanna head to Wilma’s?”

Grandad cut me off with his suggestion. Wilma’s was the fanciest restaurant and bistro in town. Why would he… Wait.

Could he… Nah!

“Yeah, sure.”

“Alright, well go ask ya new buddy if he wants a feed.”

“Well he kind of suggested it.”

Grandad raised an eyebrow in my direction.

“Oh really? You guys gonna go trawlin’ about for some ladies are ya?”

“Grandad! Geez…”

If you only knew the real reason…

I do want to come out to him, you know just so I don’t have to keep walking on eggshells around him…

I will tell him. One day…

“What are we talking about?”

“Ahh! Jesus don’t do that!”

I clutched my chest in dramatic fashion as Chris spoke up from behind me. He just laughed.

“Sorry. So what’s up?”

Grandad grinned, putting the beer he was holding back in the fridge.

“Oh relax buddy, you’re gettin’ ya free feed. Ya been to Wilma’s yet?”

Chris shook his head.

“No, but isn’t that the place you showed me yesterday Nikki?”

I nodded. Chris smiled.

“Then I’d better get some nicer clothes on.”

Or you could just go naked, I wouldn’t mind… ack- stop it! Bad imagination, bad…!

“I’ll just run down to my place and get something decent on then.”

“Ya don’t want a lift?”

Grandad offered.

“No that’s ok, it’s not that far. I’ll see you there.”

I smiled at Chris as he discreetly brushed my hand with his before jogging out the front door. I watched him leave. Well, mostly watched that firm ass as it bounced out of view. Wait, dammit! I… oh forget it, I give up. Stupid hormones…

Grandad nudged me out of my daydreaming.

“You gonna go get dressed?”

“Oh yeah. Right…”

“You spacey kid, Heheh…”

I rolled my eyes again as I went back up to my room and whipped open my chest of drawers. What to wear, what to wear… Ah! This’ll do. I closed the door for privacy’s sake and stripped down to my boxers. Before I got dressed, I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the window.

Pear shaped body, skin pale as death, light sprinkling of dark brown hair on my chest and legs, rolls of fat everywhere you looked…

How could anyone find this attractive?

No! I can’t think like that! Chris finds me attractive. He wouldn’t be with me otherwise! I can’t let my stupid self-consciousness get in the way.

Wishing away the bad thoughts, I put on my ensemble which consisted of a black tee shirt with a fluoro spider web pattern, black cargo pants with silver buttons and black converse trainers. It’s not that I’m a Goth or anything, I just like the colour black.

I brushed my hair in a windswept style and cleaned my glasses. Well, this is the best I could do. Hopefully Chris won’t find me completely repulsive…

Copyright © 2013 chunkyredhead; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Awww, I think Nikki's way too hard on himself.

 

I love how you write grandpa - he's a really funny guy! :)

 

I'm looking foward to reading about their fancy dinner.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..