Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 793 Words
  • 4,944 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Jimmy & Richie - 1. Chapter 1

“Mom, I'm home, here's the mail.”

“Brandon called and said he'd be home for Christmas. He said he's bringing the love of his life with him. I wonder what she is like."

"It'll be good to see Brand again. I really miss him, he was always there for me.” I remember when I was in eighth grade, and he was a senior, one of the sophomores was giving me some grief, Brand set him straight, today he's my friend. Brand had a way about himself that seemed to pacify any intense situation. “Yep, it'll be good to see him again.”

The weekend before Christmas, I went to the mall to finish my Christmas shopping. I now needed to buy a gift for Brand. “Mike, you buying me a present?”

“Hey Jimmy, what are you doing here. I heard you already bought my present.”

Laughing, “Brandon is coming home with his significant other. I'm just looking to see what I can buy that would be nice for both of them.”

“Didn't Brand like classical music? Maybe you could get him a cd.”

“Good idea, if he doesn't like it, I'll keep it. I'm really looking forward to having him home for the holidays.”

“Let's go to the movies tonight."

Mike was my closest friend. We have been friends since first grade. He lived in the same neighborhood. We belonged to the same church and school clubs. Both of us played football which resulted in us receiving football scholarships. The only problem was that we’d be parting after graduation. I was going to Ohio State, he was going to FSU. I bought two cd's and headed home.

“Did Brand say when he was coming home?”
“No, but I expect him soon after school lets out for the holidays.”

Brand received his degree in education and found a job in Iowa. He was attending Iowa State, working toward a master's degree in education.

Christmas Eve, mom was very excited. Brand had called and said they were on the way and should arrive about six pm. Mom was planning a special dinner, the smells of a beef roast were strong in the house. My mom was an excellent cook, I recalled many fantastic meals that came from her kitchen.

It was five thirty when I heard a car stopping in our drive way.

"Mom, Brand is here." We all ran to the door to welcome Brand home along with his partner. I watched Brand get out of the car, followed by another guy. For the moment, I was confused, was Brand gay? We waited on the porch for Brand. Mom hugged him, kissed him a kiss on his cheek, Dad shook his hand. Dad looked like he didn't understand what was going on. I just got a hug and a lift-off my feet.

"Mom, Dad, I want you to meet Charles Eastering, my partner.” All of a sudden, everything got quiet. My dad's face turned red when he realized what Brand said.

"Get out of here. You're not welcomed in my home. No fag is going to stay here. Get back in your car and don't ever come here again."

Mom started to cry, I was in shock, but only for a minute. Brand picked up his luggage, took Charles by the arm, and led him to his car. I ran after Brand, grabbed him, and gave him a hug. "It's ok Jimmy. I was hoping that he'd change his mind. He was always angry when he saw two guys holding hands. I had to take this chance, now I know I'm no longer welcomed here. Take this envelop, open it in your room, and don't tell anyone about it."

“Jimmy, get your ass back here. Leave those fags alone." Charles got in the driver side and started the car. Brand just shook his head and left.

When I walked up to the porch, Mom was crying. “Jimmy, you're not to talk to that fag, and if I catch you, I'll kick your ass out as well."

I hugged Mom, "It'll be ok. I'll be away soon, I'm not afraid of dad." Dad was Jaime Ricardo. He was, or thought he was, a macho man who detested gays. He never realized that he has now lost both sons. I couldn't stay here once I left for college. I really felt sorry for Mom. She couldn't leave.

Later that evening, I opened Brand's envelope. There’s a hundred dollar bill, a business card and a short note telling me to address all of my correspondence to Charles. The business card belonged to Charles. He was a lawyer in business with his father from what I could tell. The card indicated Charles Eastering, partner of Eastering and Eastering.

Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 37
  • Love 8
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 6
  • Angry 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

This chapter is short but fairly informative. Obviously from the description of the story along with the source(this site isn't filled with many hetero main characters) we know Jimmy is gay or bi yet it seems like we aren't the only ones to realize this. Jimmy was surprised to learn his brother has a boyfriend yet his own comments to his mom about how he'll be leaving soon as well as how he's not afraid of his dad gives the impression that Jimmy's mom may know he's gay as well due to his feeling a need to comfort her in such a way plus the letter his brother gave him as well as the cash implies he's worried about him as if Brand is also aware Jimmy is gay/bi. It's interesting yet not surprising that due to the age difference that Jimmy might have missed some clues as to his brothers sexuality yet his brother on the other hand would have potentially seen evidence Jimmy himself isn't exactly someone his dad would like having around. I could be reading more into some things as his dad's aggressive reaction on it's own regardless of Jimmy's sexual orientation could have his brother & mom concerned about him. Regardless it's nice to know that when push comes to shove Jimmy can rely on his brother & Charles.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Jimmy's reaction is more out of his love for his brother than an itch waiting to be scratch or maybe not. Hmmm Guess we will have to wait to see'

  • Like 4
Link to comment

A little rough around the edges, but you have a story. I would have preferred the characters were more developed before the explosive confrontation, because it leaves the father, especially, looking very two dimensional. I think there ought to have been more in there and more family dynamics.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

This first chapter piqued my curiosity.  I have a lot of questions about the dynamics of this family. I do like Jimmy, and I am curious to know what he meant by his comment to his mom at the end. I will be watching for the next chapter. Thanks.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
7 hours ago, JeffreyL said:

This first chapter piqued my curiosity.  I have a lot of questions about the dynamics of this family. I do like Jimmy, and I am curious to know what he meant by his comment to his mom at the end. I will be watching for the next chapter. Thanks.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I appreciate the comments. I did one thing that may have affected the way the story is presented on your screen. When I copied my editor remarks into the story I didn't check for congruity with the font size. So you will see a difference in Chapter 1 and maybe Chapter 2. Now that I am aware, it should not be a problem from here on out. Thanks to Talo for bringing this to me attention 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 4/23/2020 at 12:37 PM, NimirRaj said:

This chapter is short but fairly informative. Obviously from the description of the story along with the source(this site isn't filled with many hetero main characters) we know Jimmy is gay or bi yet it seems like we aren't the only ones to realize this. Jimmy was surprised to learn his brother has a boyfriend yet his own comments to his mom about how he'll be leaving soon as well as how he's not afraid of his dad gives the impression that Jimmy's mom may know he's gay as well due to his feeling a need to comfort her in such a way plus the letter his brother gave him as well as the cash implies he's worried about him as if Brand is also aware Jimmy is gay/bi. It's interesting yet not surprising that due to the age difference that Jimmy might have missed some clues as to his brothers sexuality yet his brother on the other hand would have potentially seen evidence Jimmy himself isn't exactly someone his dad would like having around. I could be reading more into some things as his dad's aggressive reaction on it's own regardless of Jimmy's sexual orientation could have his brother & mom concerned about him. Regardless it's nice to know that when push comes to shove Jimmy can rely on his brother & Charles.

Jimmy has quite a large following among his friends

  • Like 3
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

The first chapter was brief, but explosive. What was to be a happy Christmas quickly devolved into a nasty morass. Jimmy indicates by his thoughts he knows he will also soon be unwelcome at home. It's fortunate he is so close to graduation. I have to wonder where the father developed his strict world view. Is it cultural, passed from family teaching, an incident in his past, or religious in nature. More depth would be nice to give it more dimension. In any case, it leaves the mother in a sad spot. She shouldn't have to be saddled with an ass who'd so quickly disown one of his children. Brand's partner's legal profession may come into play sooner rather than later.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Sorry I'm late to the party, but the first chapter has drawn my interest as well as some of the recommendations...So on to chapter 2!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Daddydavek said:

Sorry I'm late to the party, but the first chapter has drawn my interest as well as some of the recommendations...So on to chapter 2!

Always open to recommendations

'😀

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..