Jump to content
    comicfan
  • Author
  • 200 Words
  • 859 Views
  • 6 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Doorways to the Unknown - 1. The Doorway

A poem about the future. It can happen to you at any age for any reason. Things change and you have to face the great unknown, your own future. Make your choices cause it is all up to you.

The Doorway

 

It stands before you, vast and wide

The possibilities are endless and confusing.

What has brought you to this point?

The end of some chapter of life – end of school, start of a marriage, someone died.

 

The doorway stands open and clear

A path before it branches over and over again.

What will you choose?

Will you have joy or pain? Will you be alone or with someone dear?

 

The future is unwritten, waiting for you

Like a blank page it awaits you to put your pen to it.

Will you make a good life?

Only you have the answers. Only you make the choices. Only you hold the clues.

 

Now take that first step

Though the road may not be easy it is yours.

Will you pass or fail the tests?

The only tests are the ones you set for yourself, the only failures are missteps.

 

Remember we all fear the unknown

For there lies uncertainty, doubt, and too many possibilities.

Will you be brave?

You have already taken that first step and shown your backbone.

Now go forth into the future

And make your mark upon the worlds.

Thank you so much to Mandartania for taking the time to read it first and tell me if it was worth going forward. I hope you all enjoy it.
Copyright © 2011 comicfan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Thank you for sharing this poem!

 

I think it spoke volumes, and carried a strong message. Future is what we make of it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'm not afraid to step through! Well that's easier said than done, but your poem makes one think. Thank you :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/18/2011 03:38 PM, Marzipan said:
Thank you for sharing this poem!

 

I think it spoke volumes, and carried a strong message. Future is what we make of it.

Thanks for everything Maria. Glad you enjoyed them all.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/19/2011 03:34 AM, jian_sierra said:
I'm not afraid to step through! Well that's easier said than done, but your poem makes one think. Thank you :)
I think that is the point though. The future at any age is an unknown. What you do and how you do it will make your future brighter or darker. It is almost always up to you. Thank you for reading and commenting on my work Jian. It means a lot to me.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Wow! And yes... :) i will go forward.. But... It sure feels nice reading abt it in such nice words :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 04/20/2011 01:10 PM, Frostina said:
Wow! And yes... :) i will go forward.. But... It sure feels nice reading abt it in such nice words :)
Yeah it started off as a different take on the poem A road less traveled. To me any road is the right road as long as you make the choice.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..