Jump to content

The Meaning of Living

   (2 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama

One of my favorite stories of my own - in the top three. Failure, redemption, loss, recovery and finally...the meaning of living.

Copyright © 2015 Dabeagle; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (2 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 2
  • Characters 2
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 2
  • Feel-Good 2
  • Humor 1
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 1
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

EMichaelC2

  

A sweet short piece about self-discovery. A kid did something wrong by mindlessly following the crowd. He was given a chance to show who he really was. In the process he had a glimpse of how 'normal' the everyday life of the community he was conditioned to hate was. Then he got to know people that prompted him to really get to know his true self.

Arguably nobody in this day and age likes to ponder 'the meaning of living'. For our main protagonist Chris it's more 'the meaning of living one's true self'. Slow or 'dense' as he sometimes could be, he finally decided to seize the 'elastic moments when you're at peace & just totally in the moment' and make that moment worthwhile. 

My own takeaway from this story is perhaps a bit 'tangential'. You can right past wrongs. But you must own them first. You must first accept the version of yourself that made those mistakes before you can possibly move on. 

  • Love 1
Link to review
Timothy M.

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Sometimes you get into a bad situation, fall in with the wrong people, harbor misunderstandings about other people or yourself. Your worth as a human being isn't measured by your ability to avoid mistakes, because everybody make those. No, it's what you do afterwards which matters. Do you admit the fault you made? Do you try to make up for it, to do better?

This is a story about a boy who takes the first steps towards the man he is meant to be, just by being honest and willing to learn from his misstep. It's a frustrating path at times, perhaps mostly for us readers, but we hope he gets there and is rewarded in the end.

Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..