Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Young David and His Secret Road - 5. Chapter 5

“Well its almost 9 you guys. Don’t you think you better be getting home?” Billy asked.

The boys all agreed. John and Lester said their goodbyes and headed home while David stayed behind for obvious reasons. As soon as the other boys were gone David leapt forward and knocked Billy on his bed and started furiously making out with him. David loved the feeling of Billy’s warm tongue dueling with his own. It sent sensations down his spine and also in another place as well.

There making out was stopped when Billy looked up at David and asked,“can we trust them?”

“I don’t know, I assume they will keep this on the down low but remember we still have Davy to worry about.” David said.

“Shit that’s right! I guess we will have to face whatever happens tomorrow at school.” Billy said.

Soon David left Billy and went on home. He was worried that Davy might have gone and told his parents. He would know soon enough.

“Mom, Dad I’m home!” David yelled as he entered his house.

There was nothing but silence.

David went into the living room to see two pissed off parents, a concerned priest, and his ex-friend Davy.

“So Davy tells us you’re a faggot huh boy?” David’s father asked in a very mean tone.

“Yeah? And what are you going to do about it.”

Everyone in the room was shocked at what he said. David didn’t even know where this came from. He always had a hard time standing up for himself, but it seems that all the times he didn’t were being made up at this very moment.

“Son, homosexuality is immoral and is a sin. God says so.” The priest said in a surprisingly nonchalant voice.

“So, then why did God make me this way? I am who I am and it not going to change.” David shot back.

“I’M NOT HAVING A FAGGOT FOR A SON!!!!” David father yelled.

“Robert calm down! Honey, have you thought of….not being gay?” David’s mom asked.

“What? I can’t help who I am, I was born this way. I can’t help who I am attracted to.” David said.

“Son I think you need to go to the church and pray. Your parents have signed you up for Bible school, just outside of town, and you will be leaving tomorrow morning” The priest said.

“NO IM NOT GOING, YOU CANT FUCKINF CHANGE ME.” David yelled.

David’s father then got up and tackled the boy down to the ground, grabbed a hold of David’s hair and began slamming his head into the hardwood floor.

“YOU’RE NOT GAY, YOU’RE NOT MY SON!!!”

Soon the priest pulled David’s father off and moved him back to his chair.

“GET OUT!! ALL OF YOU!!” David’s mother yelled. She realized that this was getting way out of hand. Maybe she didn’t understand David’s feeling but he was still her son and she knows that she will love him no matter what he may be. Never would she think of beating her own child. All the things she heard the priest say went right out the window once he son was being hurt.

“Melanie I won’t have a gay son!” His father replied.

“Then you won’t have a wife either!” David’s mother said.

David didn’t know what was happening. He woke up in a hospital room with bandages over his head and had a massive headache.

His vision was blurry, but he could make out that there were 8 figures in the room.

“David you’re up!”

Oh that just made his day brighten right up, hearing the sound of Billy’s voice.

“Who’s all here?” David asked.

“Davy, John, Lester, my parents, your mom and a police officer. The doctor will be in shortly.”

His vision had finally been back to normal and could see everyone in the room with sympathetic looks on their faces.

John, Davy and Lester come over to apologize for what happened. Davy especially. He didn’t know that someone could hate someone that much for being who they are.

David found tears of happiness coming to his eyes as he slowly found out that everyone was finally starting to understand.

Billy outed himself to his parents and surprisingly they were very understanding. David’s mom filed a police report on Robert, his father, and he eventually wound up in jail until a court date would be set.

The daily newspaper the next morning read “Wake up call for America” and has a picture of David and Billy right next to the headline.

The story was about how David was abused and almost killed because of head injuries. They called it a wake up call for Americans out there that this is what happens to people who have no choice about being who they are. It eventually got national news and David and Billy soon became famous. News reporters from all around the country and even from Canada came down and interviews David and Billy and what they had gone through.

School was a lot easier as David and Billy were respected a lot more, especially from what David had gone through. Yes there were the usual dark stares now and then, but they were well protected and didn’t get any type of physical abuse.

David and his mom got some money out of the deal after suing his father and were able to afford living on there own. They even have enough money for David to have a full ride to college when the time came.

Hopefully this story can show you that once you see the dark side of sexual orientation discrimination you can fully understand how gays have to live. Parents, school, society and the like should take a hard look at how gays have to put up with fear, hate, and discrimination.

This is a wake up call to America. This is what needs to change.

David and Billy on a calm fall afternoon just after school were walking on David’s secret road.

“Where does this lead to again?” Billy asked.

“Oh you’ll see.” David said.

Soon they came upon the drop down into the valley. They neared the pond and sat on one of the oversized rocks that David had sat on before.

“Wow I didn’t know that this place existed!”

“I know, I was shocked when I found it. Shhh, just listen.” David said.

They listened to the silence while there was no wind, not twitter of birds or rustling of a rabbit running through the grass.

“Its so….peaceful.” Billy said.

“I know and I’m glad I could share it with you.” David said.

“I love you David.”

“I love you too Billy.”

That is the end of young David and his secret road. Hopefully this story can be passed on to others as a wake up call for America out there. And hopefully others can learn from it, and learn to accept us for who we are.

Copyright © 2011 Dallas Bennet; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..