Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Detention - 3. Chapter 3

“Yeah right. Whatever. You wish.” said Shawn.

The entire room started to smirk.

“I’m serious, you guys. But he’s not only dead. He was murdered. There’s blood everywhere!”

The group sat up in their desks and looked around at each other. The all stood from their desk.

“Come on. I’ll show you.” said Matt.

They all got up and followed mat. James and Lane held hands in the back of the group as they reached the puddle of blood. James held on tighter and Lane brought James’ hand to his mouth and kissed it softly.

As they all piled into Johnson’s office, they all put their hands over their noses.

“Shit, what the fuck?” asked Shawn.

“We need to call the police.” said Travis.

Travis picked up Johnson’s office phone. He put it down right away.

“It’s dead.” said Travis, scared out of his mind.

“Where are our cell phones?” asked Kevin.

Shawn started to look through all of Johnson’s drawers. He found the bag of cell phones, pulled it out and held out. All of the phones were smashed into pieces.

“Fuck!” Shawn threw the bag against the wall, breaking it out. Cell phone bits flew all over the office.

“Shawn, calm down.” said Peter.

“Pete, the principal has been fucking murdered. His lifeless body is sitting right in front of your face, you dip shit. Don’t you get that we’re stuck here in this school, which means that whoever killed Johnson is still in this school. We’re trapped in this shithole with a fucking psycho!”

“We all just have to calm down, put our differences aside and stick together. It’s the only way that we can stay safe.” said Travis.

“Fuck that shit, I’m getting the hell out of here.” said Able.

Able shot out of the room and started running down the hallway. A few of the boys ran after him, but they gave up pretty soon.

Able ran to the front doors. They were locked. He shook the doors. He heard chains rattle on the other side of the door.

“AHHHH!” He screamed at the top of his lungs trying to open the door.

He gave up and sat down with his back up against the door and his knees up to his chest which was bursting in and out.

He heard footsteps; quiet ones. Then, the got a little louder and a little more.

“Hello?…Shawn?…Pete?…”

The rain patted up against the thick glass beside the door. The footsteps grew louder.

Able got up and started to look around. His heart beat faster and faster.

“You guys, quit playing.”

* * *

“I really think we should go after him.” said Lane.

“That dumb ass knew it wasn’t safe to be alone. He’s on his own now.” said Shawn.

The rest of the guys left, Lane and James staying in the hallway.

“I’ll go with you to go look for him if you want.” said James.

“I know I shouldn’t even be worried about him because he wouldn’t be about me, but…he’s still a human being. I can’t just turn my back on him.” Lane answered.

“Come on, let’s go get him.”

James took Lane’s hand and they walked down the hallway.

“Able?”

Lane stepped up and slipped a bit.

“What the hell?” Lane looked down. He’d stepped in blood.

“Shit” huffed James.

The boys looked to the left and to the right. The blood led to a classroom. Lane started towards the classroom.

“Lane don’t.” said James, trying to pull him back.

“What if he’s alive, James?”

James took a deep breath and followed Lane into the classroom. It was an English classroom.

The looked around. It was extremely dark. The could make out that something was on the center desk. They inched towards it. As they got closer, they recognized Able's full head of hair. Able's head lay face first on the desk. But as they reached closer, they also realized that blood was dripping off the desk. A letter opener was sticking straight out of the back of Matt’s head.

“Fuck”

“He’s dead. We need to get back to the others.” said James.

Lane turned around and hugged James.

“I’m scared.”

“I know. I am too. We just need to get back to the other and make sure we get out of here alive.” James held Lane tightly. He didn’t want to think that this would be the last night that he would have with the one that he loved.

They started back to find the others. They walked through the entire school looking for them, calling their names. They found them in the cafeteria.

“Where’s Able?” asked Cam.

“He…he’s dead.” said Lane.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..