Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Detention - 5. Chapter 5

“Okay, there are only eight of us left. If any of us was to go anywhere, at least one other person has to go with them.” said Kevin.

“I agree. We can’t let anyone else die.” said Brian.

“So, we should pair off.” said Kevin. “Travis, you’ll be with me. Lane and James. Brian and Peter. Shawn and Matt.”

The room became silent of any chatter. The storm still roared on outside. It was dark, but light enough to see.

“Maybe someone should go to the janitor’s closet and get some flash lights.” said James.

“How about you go?” asked Travis.

“Yeah, let the faggots go.” said Brian.

“Hey, those faggots saved my life. Ease up on them.” said Shawn.

Lane wanted to faint from shock. So did James. Lightning struck outside, soon followed by an ominous thunder clap.

“We’ll go if no one else will.” said James.

“Matt and I will go with you.” said Shawn.

“We will?” asked Matt.

“Stop being a chicken shit and lets go.”

* * *

The four of them inched down the hallway carefully. They reached the Janitor’s closet without any problem.

Shawn picked the lock and they rummaged through the closet and managed to find four lights. It would be enough light to have one for each pair.

They tested the lights and they all seemed to work. The four of them each took a flashlight and turned it on. They closed the janitor’s door. As soon as they faced the hallway, their lights shined on the dark figure that killed their friends.

“Shit, that’s him.” said Shawn.

“Run!”

The four of them sprung in the opposite direction. Running through halls and corridors. The storm outside provided a soundtrack to this heat pounding moment.

Shawn looked behind him and then stopped.

“Wait…wait he’s gone.” said Shawn.

James and Lane stopped in their tracks. Then, the three of them looked around.

“Where’s Matt?”

Suddenly, a scream of pain and fear echoed through the entire school. The hair stood up on Lane’s neck.

“Matt!” Shawn screamed.

“Let’s go Shawn. We can’t help him now.” said James.

The three of them ran down the hallway and made their way to the cafeteria the long way around.

The entered huffing and puffing, out of breath.

“What happened to Matt?” asked Kevin.

“He…he didn’t make it.” Shawn answered.

Lane looked around the cafeteria. “Where the hell is Brian?”

“He went to the kitchen to get some food.” Peter answered.

“Peter you were supposed to go with him! What did I just say?!” yelled Shawn.

Shawn, Lane, James, and Peter went into the kitchen looking for Brian.

“Brian?…Brian?…”

They heard a grunt.

“Brian!”

Brian lay in the corner with a giant kitchen knife stuck in his gut. He sat in a puddle of blood, also with blood dripping from his mouth.

“Fuck, Brian.”

The four of them knelt down beside him.

“Kill that fucker.” Were the last words that came out of Brian Harper’s mouth.

A single tear ran down Lane’s face. He didn’t know why he was crying, but he had a feeling that it was because he was afraid for his own life. James wrapped his arms around Lane’s shoulders. Lane rested his head on James’ chest.

The four of them stood up and walked back to the others.

“Is he dead?” asked Kevin.

“Yeah,” Peter shook his head.

“Shit. There’s less and less of us every minute.” said Travis.

“I think…I think this isn’t working.” said Lane.

“What do you mean?” asked Kevin.

“Maybe Shawn was right. Maybe…maybe if we all go after this psycho, we can stop him.” Lane finished.

“Yeah! Let’s get this freak!” Hooted Peter.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..