Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Detention - 6. Chapter 6

“So where do we start?” asked Travis.

“We can start by getting him to come to us. We need to get him out in the open.” said Lane.

“We can’t go looking for him. That’s just another way for us to get picked off.” said James.

“I don’t know about this.” said Kevin.

“Look, there’s six of us and only one of him. We have to do this. I can’t just sit and wait anymore.” said Lane.

“He’s right.” said Shawn. “Let’s go.”

So, the group of six took their flashlights and went into the heart of the school. They were in the commons in the midst of cushy sofas and chairs, glass coffee tables and shelves full of publicly owned books.

The giant windows flashed and flashed as lightning took over outside. They spread out in the commons looking for the killer and then gathered again in the middle.

“So what do we do now?” asked Travis.

“Wait. He has to come out sooner or later. He has to be watching us. Other wise how would he know when any of us is out alone.” said Lane.

“Why don’t we split up into pairs and if any of us runs into him, we yell out to the others.” said Shawn.

“It’s not the most safe idea, but it might be out best bet.” said Lane. “Shawn, you go with Peter. Kevin, you go with Travis. We’ll split up.”

The six of them went back into the hallways. As Travis and Kevin walked together, Travis decided to start pouring out his heart.

“Listen, Kev…If I don’t make it out of here…I just wanted to ask a favor of you.”

“Hey, we’re gonna make it out of here, Travis.” said Kevin.

“Still, if I don’t make it. I just want you to promise to go to my family and…and tell them that I love them.”

The two of them stopped and looked at each other.

“I promise.” said Kevin.

* * *

“What if we don’t make it out of here, James?”

“Don’t talk like that.” said James. “We’ll make it.”

“Still, what if we don’t?”

“Is there something that you want to tell me, Lane?”

“Yes…I just want you to know that…that I love you.”

James stopped and wrapped his arms around Lane. He held as tightly as he could. He didn’t want to let go. He put his lips onto Lane’s and tasted the fear in him. His lips shook along with Lane’s.

A scream ran through the halls. They ran towards it.

* * *

“There’s something else that I want to tell you, Kevin.” said Travis.

“What is it.”

Kevin looked at Travis. Travis’ eyes widened wider than the grand canyon.

“Watch out!”

Kevin turned around. It was as if it was all slow motion to him. He saw the dark figure hold up a giant fire axe. The axe was flung at him.

Suddenly, Kevin was screaming, being dragged by the axe in his shoulder. Travis ran after him, following the trail of blood. Kevin’s screaming overpowered the thunder. Lightning flashed through the windows as he ran through the hall. The killed dragged him into a room and then locked the door. Travis banged on the door, but couldn’t get in. Tears started to stream down his face.

Lane and James came running around corner and not long after, so did Shawn and Peter.

“What the fuck Travis?” asked Shawn.

“He just came out of nowhere.” Travis cried. “I…I don’t know. He’s got him in there.”

“FUCK!” yelled Peter. “You were supposed to fucking protect each other. That’s what the pairs were for.”

“I’m sorry!” Travis.

“Sorry? We’re talking about a human being, Travis!” yelled Lane.

“Fuck!” yelled Travis.

They could hear Kevin screaming and pleading for his life inside of the room. They were down to only five. They each left, knowing that there was nothing they could do. They made their way back to the commons. It was time to rethink their plans.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..