Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 2,993 Words
  • 2,142 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Unintended Love - 2. Chapter 2

I set up my x-box as I waited for Zack to get back. If I didn’t occupy myself, I’d end up pacing the room. I didn’t know why I was so anxious to see him again, I just was. I’ve never met anyone like Zack. He’s just so…confident and carefree. I hoped his attitude would rub off on me, especially so I could be confident when I enter my new school in California.
When I finished setting my XBOX up, I sat on my bed; impatiently waiting for Zack to return. And when I heard a knock at my door, I shot up from my bed. I took a deep breath and then walked to answer the door. And when I saw him on the other side of the door, something inside of me felt really, really weird. He smiled and my stomach started churning. I was suddenly so nervous that I couldn’t speak.

“Well, it took some coercing on my part, but I got my brothers to go on the hike without me,” he said as he walked into my room.

I stayed at the door and just watched him as he sat on my bed. He was so fascinating. I’ve never known anyone as fascinating as Mr. Zack…I don’t even know his last name. Well, he doesn’t know mine either. Unless he read my name on my luggage tag, which I doubt. He doesn’t seem like the snooping type.

“Well, are we gonna play or not? What games do you have?”

I closed the door and walked over to him, snapping out of my temporary trance. I walked over to my games bag and started to go through all of them, naming my multi-player games.

“Um, I have Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Halo 3, Left 4 Dead 2, um, Madden 10...”

“How about…Left 4 Dead?”

“Sure”

I didn’t really wanna play that, but at that point, he could’ve suggested we play Ring Around the Rosie and I would’ve jumped at it. He was actually pretty good. Let’s just say he was kicking my ass.

“Gosh, Rain…Are you good at anything?”

Zack teased and I usually didn’t like teasing, but from him, I laughed it off. This feeling that I have while I’m sitting next to him is so funny. The only way that I can describe the way it feels is like a crush. But it can’t be a crush. He’s a dude.
When we were tired of playing we went out to the balcony to sit on the lounge chairs. When Zack sat, he stretched his arms around and then put them behind his head.

“Wow, your balcony is so huge. Our balcony is only like two steps big. I don’t think both me and Jacob fit on it at once.”

“Well, how long will you be here?” I asked.

“Just til next week.” said Zack.

“Me too, so…if you guys ever wanna come use the balcony, just come over.”

“Cool, Jake would love this view. We just have a view of the island.”

“You know, I’m beat” I said. “I think I’m gonna lay down.”

“Come on, I didn’t stay behind so you could nap.”

“Just stay here. I’ll only be like ten minutes.”

I got up from the chair and walked back into my suite. I walked over to my bed and plopped myself on top. I closed my eyes and dozed off. But, I woke up again. I felt something on my face. I decided not to open my eyes, because I didn’t just feel something on my face. Something made me feel like Zack was standing over me. I felt his presence and I wanted to feel it for as long as possible. But I couldn’t hold my eyes closed for long. My entire body was shaking with wonder.
When I opened them, Zack was there, but he quickly turned away. But he couldn’t hide it, he was still sitting on the edge of the bed. I sat up and sat next to him.

“So…you feel it too?” I asked.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Zack turned away from me and tried to get up, but I grabbed his wrist and sat him back down.

“No, you’re not going anywhere.” I said sternly. “We’ve gotta talk.”

“Talk about what.”

“I know it’s only been a few hours since we’ve met, but…I feel something between us; a connection.”

“I told you…I don’t-”

“Don’t say you don’t know what I’m talking about. You know you do. You were caressing my face just now. Admit it.”

He took a deep breath and got up from the bed. I let him this time because I didn’t think he would try and make a run for it anymore.

“I’m not gay…” he said as he paced.

“Neither am I, but there’s no other explanation for this.”

Zack stayed silent and I thought I should continue, but first I gave him some more time to pace. He paced slowly, more like he was thinking, not like he was nervous.

“Look, nothing has to happen between us. I just would like to acknowledge this thing between us.”

“Okay, okay…I admit that…I admit that ever since the pool there’s been something about you that sucks me in. But I’m not gay! Nothing is happening with us. We’re just…we’re just friends.”

“Right…absolutely nothing.”

“Maybe we should get out of this room.”

“Where do you wanna go? It’s already getting dark.” I said.

“I don’t know. Maybe I should just go to my room. My brothers should be getting back soon.”

“But…I don’t want you to go.”

Zack sighed. “The scary thing is…I don’t want to go either, but…I should.” He paused, scratching his head. “I’ll ah, I’ll come back tomorrow.”

“Promise?” I couldn’t believe I asked him that.

He smiled. His smiled was electric. “Yeah, expect my knock in the morning.”

Zack turned around and left. I heard the door shut from the bed. And when it was time for me to go to sleep for the first time in Hawaii, I found myself tossing and turning in anticipation for Zack to come back.
Eventually I fell asleep, but it was probably about three o’ clock in the morning. I think I just feel asleep from sheer exhaustion from so much anxiety.

I dreamed of him.

He was on the beach. He was walking right on the tide with his jeans rolled up, barefoot. I was walking with him, but the dream was in first person, so I couldn’t see myself. But I was definitely walking with him, because he looked at me. He looked at me and smiled. I looked down and our hands were linked. Suddenly, a loud thud, three of them.
I woke up and I was back in my suite. Three loud thuds again. It was Zack. I was so excited that I didn’t even get dressed to answer the door. I answered in my boxer briefs. Zack looked shocked to say the least. I looked down and panicked. I hate being a teenager. Too many involuntary things happen with my body; if you know what I mean.
I covered myself up and ran back into my room, searching furiously for some pants to put on. I left my door open. When I finished putting on the sweats that I grabbed, I turned around and Zack was right behind me. Our bodies ran into each other and just when momentum was going to pull us apart, he grabbed me, pulling me close.
My heart was racing like I’ve never felt it race before. Our lips lingered only inches apart and our eyes never left each other. He lifted me up and I resisted a bit, putting my hand on his chest, but he just pulled me closer. My lips quivered as he pushed his lips closer to mine and when our lips finally touched, he put me down. They only touched for a second, but the sensation was enough to last me a lifetime. He held me, even after the kiss.

“What was that?” I asked.

“I’m sorry. I just…I’ve been wanting to do that ever since I left last night.”

“Don’t apologize,” I said, still in his arms. “I liked it.”

He smiled. “I see…”

I looked down and my hard on was still there. I turned completely red from embarrassment. I pushed away from him and turned around.

“It’s the morning. You know how it is.” I said, still not facing him.

He chuckled under his breath, “Yeah, I know.”

I turned around once “little Rain” calmed down.

“Now what?” I asked.

“Well, if you were a girl I’d take you out on a date.” said Zack. “But you’re not.”

“And this isn’t exactly something that should be put out there for everyone to see.”

“Besides, after we leave here…we might not even see each other again.”

“Right, so…there’s no reason to make a big deal out of this.”

Neither of us had anything more to say. We just looked at each other. After a while he smiled at me and my stomach started to do cartwheels. I couldn’t help but smile back.

“Um…I’m gonna go take a shower. Will you wait for me?”

“Of course”

He took my pinky and held it with his index finger and his thumb. I smiled at him.

“Okay…”

I turned around and got clothes from my bag. I thought I should really unpack. Maybe I can talk Zack into helping me do that when I get out of the shower.
Anyway, while I was in the shower, I couldn’t stop thinking about him. I thought about his smile and his laugh. They fit him so well. When I got out, I wiped the condensation off the mirror so I could brush my teeth. I hope he couldn’t tell that I had bad breath when he kissed me. We didn’t open our mouths, but you never know. I brushed my teeth vigorously just in case he kissed me again. I dressed and when I got out, he came right to me and kissed me again, but again we didn’t open our mouths. It was a quick peck.

“What was that for?” I asked.

“For taking way too long in the shower.”

“Can you help me unpack my things. I haven’t had a change and I’m afraid if I don’t do it now, all my clothes will be super wrinkled.”

“Um…okay”

So, I grabbed my two small bags and put them on the bed. We both started to unpack my things and put them in the drawers that also double as the stand for the flat screen television.

“Hey, I thought you weren’t gay.”

I looked over and Zack was holding a picture of me and my best friend Kyle. It was the one where jokester Kyle planted a kiss on my cheek right before the snap. I tried to grab the picture from him, but he quickly moved it.

“Give it back.”

“Who’s this?”

“It’s my best friend, Kyle. Give me the picture back.”

He started to run around the room. “Why do you have a pic of you and your best friend?”

I finally caught up to him and took the picture from him.

“Look, I’m not going back to New York after this trip. I’m never going to see him again, so I went to have a picture developed so I could keep one with me all the time.”

“So…why is he kissing you?”

I rolled my eyes. “Why jealous?”

Zack smirked. “No, I just wanna know why he’s kissing you when you said you weren’t gay.”

“Kyle likes to make jokes and play pranks. He did that right before my mom took the picture. He’s just playing around.”

“Oh…” He put his head.

“Oh my God!”

“What?” he asked innocently.

“You were so jealous!”

“No!”

I smiled and then kissed him on the cheek. After that, we finished unpacking my bags. And after that, we sat on my bed.

“I can’t even begin to try to explain what this is between us.” I said, taking his hand in mine. “It’s so, so foreign and unfamiliar, but it feels so…so…”

“Good. It’s feels so good.” Zack finished my sentence.

“This isn’t right, Zack. This shouldn’t be happening between us.”

“But it is and…I think we should just make the best of it.”

“What does that mean?” I asked.

He leaned his head towards me and put his lips onto mine. I pushed him a bit, but he fought me and kissed me anyway. Though, I admit that it didn’t take much from him to get me to loosen up. I let him kiss me and this time, I let his tongue into my mouth.
I’ve never tongue kissed anyone, let alone a guy. This was a completely new experience for me and I liked it. I really, really like it. And as the kiss got more serious, he put his hand flat on my cheek, then swept the my long brown hair away.

“I can’t believe this is happening.” said Zack, our foreheads were pressed together and we had our hands on each other’s faces. “I’ve never been so attracted to a guy before. You are just so…hot.”

I blushed and tried not to laugh. “I know how you feel.”

“I don’t know. I feel pretty strongly. Your eyes, even the shade of blue they are and the way your hair sort of hides them. And your lips…they’re so soft.”

I was blushing so much, I thought my entire face must be purple by the time he was done talking.

“So…what next?” I asked

“I don’t care. We can stay in here for the next two weeks for all I care.”

“Did you tell your brother you were coming here?” I asked.

“Yeah. If I didn’t he’d probably have the national guard looking for me.”

I smiled. “My parents are the same way.”

We fell back onto my bed and lay there, still and holding hands. We talk about anything and everything; music, movies, our friends, school. We didn’t really mention any names. Actually the only other name exchanged between us besides our own, and our families’ names, was Kyle’s.

“So, how did you get a name like Rain?”

“I don’t know. How did you get a name like Zack.”

“My mom gave it to me.”

“Exactly,” I said.

There was a silence between us. We didn’t need to say anything. We just sat there and enjoyed being around each other.

“Wanna do something?” he asked.

“Like what?”

“Well, when we got here a few days ago, my brothers and I came across this piece of beach that no one has seems to visit often. I was wondering if you wanted to go there with me.”

“Um…okay…”

“Cool, get your towel.”

I grabbed my towel and one for him, then wrote a note for my parents saying I was going to the beach. I knew that they wouldn’t be awake yet, so I slipped the note under their door.
Zack and I walked out of the hotel, onto the beach and followed the coast. We left the hotel property and ventured into Hawaii. We had to climb some rocks to get to where he was taking me. It exhausted me, but it was totally worth it when we got there; beautiful white sand, clear blue water, and tall palm trees. The sound of the ocean crashing against the rocks provided the soundtrack to this perfect paradise.
I smiled as I looked around and then turned to him and immediately wrapped my arms around him. It was okay because no one was around and he held me tight. I’ve never felt more happy in my life.
After letting me go, he bent over to roll up the jeans he was wearing. I was wearing shorts. He took off his shoes and socks and so did I. Then, we laid out our towels together to put all of our stuff on.
He took my hand and we started to walk on the beach; right on the border of the beach and the tide. He looked over to me and he smiled. Suddenly I was having déjà vu.

“What’s up?” asked Zack.

“I dreamed this last night.” I said.

“Really, is that why your…you know what was standing to salute me this morning?”

I laughed. “I guess.”

“Wanna turn back?” he asked.

“Okay,” I said.

We turned around and started to walk back to our stuff. Feeling the warm ocean water on my bare feet and the sand squishing in between my toes, combined with the feeling I had while being Zack was like nothing else. It was more than paradise. It was heaven.

* * *

We reached our towels and moved all of our stuff onto the sand. We laid onto them and then took our shirts off to get some sun.

“Want some sunscreen?” I asked him.

“Sure,” he answered.

I handed him the bottle and he started to rub his face and then his neck, his shoulders, arms, and chest. He handed the bottle back to me.

“Want me to get your back?” I asked.

He smiled. “Sure.”

I squeezed some of the cream onto my hand and he turned. I slowly started rub it onto his back. When I was done, he did the same to me. The tension between us was killing me, but there is no way it was going to happen this fast. There’s no way I can be falling in love with him just a day after I met him.
Once we laid there in the sun for a few minutes, we couldn’t take it any longer. We just started to make out right then and there. This would mark my first make out session ever. It seemed like it lasted forever, but I didn’t care. I was with him.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..