Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 3,420 Words
  • 1,658 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Unintended Love - 7. Chapter 7

That I night, I got to my first really important homework of the school year; research for history. I was surfing the internet from info, when my mother started screaming my name from down the hall. She sounded angrier than I’d ever heard her.
I ran out of my room and down the hall. I followed the screams to the bathroom. My mother was in there hovering over the trash. I knew it. I should’ve flushed the condom.

“Y-Yeah mom?” I asked nervously.

“I was about to take out the trash and…Why is there a condom in here?”

I stayed silent. I didn’t want to lie to her, but I couldn’t tell her the truth either.

“Rain, are you having sex?”

I was speechless. I didn’t know how to answer.

“Answer me, Rain.” My mom said sternly with her hands on her hips and her eyebrows raised.

I couldn’t, but she knew what my silence met. She put her hand on her forehead. I could see the stress on her face.

“You are too young to be having sex. I don’t want you to be bringing trampy girls in here doing God knows what!”

“Mom, it’s not even like that!”

“Tell me what it like, Rain. You’re only seventeen. Things can happen that you’ll have no control over.”

“Like what?”

“You can get a girl pregnant for one.”

“Well mom, you won’t have to worry about that.”

“That is always going be a factor when you have sex, Rain.”

“Well, mom, not with me.” I paused and took a deep breath. “I’m gay.”

She stood still in the position that she was in for what seemed like forever. Her lips started to quiver and she daintily wiped a tear from her face.

“Since when?” she asked. “You’ve had girlfriends before.”

“I know, but the relationships never went anywhere. I never felt anything.” I paused. “And then I met someone who changed everything. At first I didn’t know what it was about him that made me want to be around him, but it didn’t take long to realize what it was. I’m in love mom. His name is Gabe.”

“Gabe?”

“What?”

“I-I thought you were going to say…”

“Zack”

She took a deep breath. “Yes.”

“I admit that Zack and I were more than just friends, but that’s over now. He hurt me and I just wanna forget about him now.”

“You can’t tell your father. He can’t take something like this.”

“I have to. I’m in love with Gabe and I’m not going to pretend to anyone that I’m not.”

She shut her eyes in sadness. “What…what exactly did Zack do to hurt you.”

“Do you really wanna hear this, mom?”

“Of course, Honey. No one hurts my baby and gets away with it.”

I laughed. “I’m not a baby, mom.”

“You’re my baby.”

“Well, can we not have this conversation in the bathroom?” I said. “We can go in my room.”

My mom and I walked down the hall to my room. I laid back onto my bed and she scooted close to me in my desk chair.

“So, tell me everything.”

“Mom, I’m not telling you everything. That would just be weird.”

“Okay, well, tell me what you can…”

I took a deep breath and decided to start from the beginning.

“I was really caught off guard by my feelings for Zack. But they were quick and intense. I’ve never felt anything like it before. But…but he lied to me and I’ve moved on from him now.”

“How did he lie to you? Zack, you shouldn’t just give up on him.”

“Well, he told me that we would keep in touch. He never intended on keeping that promise. And he has a girlfriend. Something else he never told me. It’s just too many lies for me, mom. Anyway…I’m with Gabe now and, and he doesn’t lie to me.”

“Can I meet him?”

“Soon…I have to talk to him first. I don’t know if he’s ready for that yet.”

“I’m sorry about Zack, Honey. I know that you two were close. I just wish I would’ve known sooner exactly how close.”

“I wasn’t ready yet, mom.”

“I know…Does anyone else know?”

“Like who?”

“Your friends?”

“Yeah, my friends know. And…I told Jenna too.”

“Oh…”

“What?” I asked.

“Nothing. I’ve got to finish cleaning up.”

She got up and waked towards the door, stopping in the doorway. She turned around and smiled at me.

“I love you, Rain.”

“I love you too, mom.”

* * *

The next day at school was bliss. I met with Gabe in the front of the school as always, but this time, it felt a little sweeter to see him again. I knew then that I was quickly falling in love with him.
We kissed as soon we saw each other and held hands as we walked through the school. This time, we all walked to the commons. We all sat at an empty table. I sat with Gabe, in between his legs, my back against his chest. He wrapped his arms around e and held me close.

“You two seem unusually happy together.” said Carly with a suspicious look.

“So,” I asked, trying not to give it away.

“No, it’s not just happy…you two are glowing. Did…did you two have sex?”

Eric gasped like the worst crime ever had just been committed. Gabe and I didn’t answer, but they both knew the answer.

“Oh my God. You did!” yelled Carly. “I can’t believe it. So, whose the top and whose the bottom?”

“Uh, Carly, why would you ask something like that?” I asked.

“Well, I know that Gabe is a strict top.” said Eric.

“Um, thanks Eric, for putting my business out there.”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t it was a big deal to be a top.” said Eric.

“This isn’t just any subject, Eric. Just because we were in a relationship doesn’t give you the right tell my business. Especially since our relationship was over a while ago.”

“Look, I’m sorry, I didn’t think you would be mad.”

“I’m gonna go get some juice.” Gabe huffed and left the table.

“What’s wrong with you Eric?” I asked.

“What? Carly brought it up.” said Eric innocently.

I rolled my eyes and just dropped the subject. I walked over to the cafeteria to find Gabe. I found him in line for breakfast. I joined him. I tried to talk to him over the roar of the room, but it was kind of hard. The next thing I know, Zack is standing right in front of us.

“So, I’m having a party at my house tonight. You two should come.”

“What?” I asked.

“I’m inviting you to my party,” he said.

“Why would we go to your party?” asked Gabe.

“Look. I’m inviting you. You can come or not. It’s no sweat off my back.”

Zack left and Gabe looked at me like he was trying to figure out what was going on.

“What was that about?” Gabe asked.

“I don’t know. Do you think we should go?”

“No way. It could be a trap or something. Those jocks don’t invite us to their parties for fun. They probably invited us to jump us or something. It…it happened to Eric once.”

“I don’t think that Zack would do something like that.”

“I’ve known Zack a lot longer than you have. I think we’re better off doing something else tonight.”

“Okay,” I grabbed his hand and pulled him close to kiss him. He pulled away. “What?” I asked.

“Zack is staring at us.”

I turned around and Zack quickly turned his head. I turned back to Gabe and pecked him a kiss.

“Don’t pay attention to him.”

“But why is he looking at us?”

“Do you want me to go ask him or are you gonna kiss me?”

“I don’t feel comfortable with him staring at us like that. And why is he alone? He’s usually with a bunch of people.”

I sighed, rolled my eyes, and then walked over to Zack. I sat right in front of him at the table he was at.

“Okay, you need to stop staring at us, because it’s freaking Gabe out.”

“You’re doing this on purpose, aren’t you?” Zack whispered.

“Doing what?”

“Kissing him in front of me.”

“Get over yourself. Gabe and I are together.”

“Do you have to parade him I front of me like that. It’s killing me to see you with that guy.”

I could see that Zack’s eyes were starting to tear up. I really wanted to hold his hand, but I obviously couldn’t do that.

“Zack, I’m not with Gabe despite you. I really care about him. But I don’t want you to hurt. What I want for you is to move on. We’re over and it’s time that we both accept that.” I almost left but then I remembered something. “Oh, and what was with you inviting us to your party.”

“It wasn’t my idea. It was Greg’s.”

“You told Greg about us?”

“I had to tell someone. He said I should invite for closure or something.”

“Really?”

“It wasn’t his first idea. At first he wanted me to do whatever I could to get you back.”

I didn’t want to hear it. I was pissed. I left the table. Why would he bring that up? But should I be mad. And if I was really over him, would I be. This shit is way too complicated for my health.

“What was that about?” asked Gabe. “That looked pretty intense.”

“Ugh, he just pisses me off sometimes.” I said out of frustration, but it wasn’t until afterwards when I had realized what I had said.

“What? Um…Do you know him?”

I decided to tell Gabe the truth, but not the entire truth. Just most of it.

“Well…yes.”

He looked at me shocked and confused at the same time.

“We met this summer. We were both on vacation in Hawaii. We actually got along pretty well. He’s just really surprised that I’m with a guy.”

“So…you just met this summer?” asked Gabe.

“Yeah, why?”

“Well, when you came back. It sounded like you’ve known him forever or something.”

“I told you. We became really good friends in Hawaii.”

“So, you’re friends with the star of the football team and the most popular guy in school?”

I cleared my throat. “Yeah”

“Well hello! Why didn’t you tell me sooner?” exclaimed Gabe. “This is our chance to move up the social ladder of Sunset High!”

“I didn’t think it was important. We’re not friends here.”

“Are you serious? How fucked up is that? I’m going over to talk to him.”

Oh my God! Shit! No! I tried to stop him, but he wouldn’t listen to me.

“What the fuck is your problem, Morgan? You’re not friends with Rain just because he’s gay?”

“Gabe please…” I pleaded.

“What are you talking about?” asked Zack.

“You can stop pretending now. Rain told me everything.”

Zack’s eyes widened in fear.

“You know how we became really good friends in Hawaii.” I interjected.

“Oh, right…friends…um…”

“It’s messed up to stop being friends with him just because he’s gay.”

Zack took a deep breath. “I think you’re absolutely right. That’s why I invited you two to my party.”

“Oh…well…we’ll be there.” said Gabe.

Gabe got up from the table and stood beside me. He took my hand and walked me out of the cafeteria.

“You didn’t have to do that.” I said as we walked through the noisy commons.

“I guess I didn’t. But, we got a lot done.” said Gabe. “Now, we’re going to a popular’s party and we’ve just taken our first step onto the ladder.”

* * *

After school, I told Carly that Gabe was going to give me a ride home. During the ride, I brought up the idea of him possibly meeting my parents.

“So…um…I was wondering if you would like to meet my parents.” I said.

“What? You told them about me?”

“Well, I told my mom. And…she seems to want to meet you.”

“And your dad?”

“Well…I planned to tell both of them today, but my mom found the condom in the bathroom trash last night.”

“Oh shit! She didn’t ground you for life?”

“Thank God. I thought she was gonna kill me, but she was actually pretty cool.”

“I don’t know, Rain. I don’t know if I can face your mother now that she’s knows that we…”

“I know, but…she want to meet you and…I want you to be there when I tell my dad.”

Gabe sighed. “Well, when do you want me to meet them?”

“I was thinking today before we go to the party, during dinner.”

“Whoa, that’s…that’s fast.”

“You can say no if you want.” I said, truly meaning it. “We can hang out at my house while you think about it. My parents aren’t home.”

“What about your dad?”

“He’s in publishing meetings until five and my mom gets home at four today.”

“Oh, well…okay, I can hang at yours for a while.”

When we reached my house, we walked inside holding hands. We walked right up to my room and I started going through my closet. I had no idea what to wear to the party.

I started to try on different options as Gabe sat on my bed and watched with a big smile. I think I must’ve tried on ten different outfits before he finally uttered a word. It was a purple and black plaid shirt paired with black skinny jeans.

“Wow, that’s it!” he exclaimed, getting up from my bed. “You look so hot.”

He grabbed me by my waist and pulled me into a kiss. I couldn’t help but smile as I kissed him.

“Really?” I asked.

“Definitely”

“Are you gonna change before the party?” I asked.

“Nah, I’ll go in what I’m wearing now.” he said.

We hung out in my room for a while, making out. When it got closer to the time my mom was going to get home, we walked downstairs to the living room to watch television on the couch. He wrapped his arm around me and I snuggled into his body as we watched Spongebob Squarepants. We laughed occasionally at Spongebob and Patrick’s silly antics.
When we heard my walk in the door, Gabe wanted to get up, but I pulled him back to me. He looked at my funny and then smiled. He got comfortable with me once again. My mom walked into the living room.

“Rain whose car is-oh…”

I got up from the couch and brought Gabe with me. “Mom, this is Gabe.”

“Hello Mrs. Montgomery.”

“Hello, Gabe. It’s wonderful to meet you.”

Her words weren’t backed up by the expression on her face. It didn’t seem like she didn’t like him. She was just a little shocked and at the same time, getting used to meeting her son’s boyfriend; the one he was having sex with.

“Um, I was wondering if Gabe could stay for dinner.” I asked as gently as possible.

“Um…I think Jenna’s coming tonight for dinner with her new boyfriend.”

“Oh…”I put my head down.

“I just don’t think tonight is the best time. It’s a family matter.”

“I told you that I was going to tell dad tonight and I’m gonna do that whether or not Gabe is here.”

“Honey, please be reasonable. This isn’t just any kind of news. This is a big part of your life.”

“Your mom’s right, Rain. This is a really big deal.”

“I’m sorry, but it’s my life isn’t it? I’m not going to hide who I am anymore.”

“Okay, if this is what you want then Gabe can stay for dinner. We’re having beef roast.” said Mom. “With mashed potatoes and carrots.”

“Mmm,” I smiled.

“Well, I’m going to start the roast. Are you two going to stay here?”

“Yeah, um…we’re going to go up to my room.”

“Keep the door open please.”

“Mom!”

“I’m serious, Rain.”

Gabe and I walked up the stairs and to my room, leaving the door open like my mom said to. I connected my iPod to speakers and put some music on random. It was a slow song. I didn’t really pay attention to what it was. All I know is that Gabe suddenly wanted to dance with me. He grabbed my waist and I put my hands on his shoulders, resting my head against his as we slowly danced in circles in my room.

“You’re gonna knock them out at the party with that outfit,” said Gabe.

I didn’t say anything. I just smiled and blushed a bit. He pulled his head back to look at me and gently kissed me on the lips. Suddenly, there was a knock . Our lips parted and we looked back to see my mom at the door.

“Your sister and her boyfriend are here,” she said, looking down just a bit.

“Okay, we’ll be down in a minute,” I said.

She left and we took a break. I turned off the music. Gabe and I walked downstairs where my mom was talking to Jenna’s new boyfriend.

“Oh, Gabe…I didn’t know you’d be here.” said Jenna.

“Hey,” said Gabe, shyly. He’s so cute.

“Anyway, Rain and Gabe, this is Mark. Mark this is my little brother, Rain and his boyfriend Gabe. Oops, was I not supposed to say that?”

“Well, it’s kind of late if you weren’t.” I smiled. “No, that’s okay.”

“Boyfriend?” asked Mark.

He was actually a cool looking guy. He had short, spiked brown hair. His build was average. He wasn’t think, but he wasn’t built either. He was pretty much perfect.

“Yeah…”I said.

“Oh…” he seemed uncomfortable, but Jenna saved the day.

“So, mom, what’s for dinner?”

“Well, I made a roast, and we’re having mashed potatoes and carrots with that.”

“Sounds great,” she said.

We all moved into the living room. We sat on the couches. We talked about how Jenna and Mark met. They met at an open house that Jenna had put together. Apparently they had been dancing around their feelings for weeks. Then, Mark finally got the courage to ask Jenna out. It was seriously romantic. I was really happy for Jenna.
Mom eventually left to check on the roast and make the rest of dinner and Jenna went to help her. This meant that Gabe and I were awkwardly left alone with Mark. Who seemed to suddenly be the silent type around us. This was strange especially since he was so talkative with my mom.

“So, Mark, what do you do?” I asked.

He looked at me and then cleared his throat. “Excuse me.” He got up and left the living room.

Gabe and I looked at each other and then in the direction he went in. I got up to go see what happened with him. He was in my dad’s empty office. I don’t think he heard me walk in because he didn’t turn around. I tapped my hand on his shoulder. He jumped and turned around.

“Ew, never touch me again you filthy queer! I don’t wanna talk to you. Go away!”

I didn’t know what else to do. I was so shocked that I just did what he said. I left and was walking like a mummy; with no real direction. I finally ended up back in the living room with Gabe. I sat down next to him, still shocked.

“What happened?” he asked.

When I didn’t answer, he put his hand on mine. It felt soothing. I took a deep breath.

“I tapped him on the shoulder and he freaked out.” I said.

“What did he do?”

“He told me not to touch him again and he called me a filthy queer.”

I could see the veins in Gabe’s head ready to explode. He was angrier than I’d ever seen him.

“That’s it. I’m kicking his ass.”

He started to get up from the couch, but I stopped him.

“No. Don’t.”

“He can’t just call you a filthy queer and get away with it, Rain.”

“He makes my sister happy.” I said.

“She wouldn’t be happy if she knew what he said to you.”

“She’s not gonna know because I’m not going to tell her and neither are you.”

“What?” he asked in disbelief.

“My sister doesn’t have a lot of boyfriends. I want her to at least have a chance with this one.”

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..