Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 2,343 Words
  • 1,828 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Unintended Love - 3. Chapter 3

After that day, Zack and I only got closer. We did everything together, never once letting anyone else know what was really happening when the two of us were alone. Though, we never went as far as...having sex. Neither of us were ready for that.
But we did have meals with each other's families and one night, my parents invited Zack and his brothers to have dinner with us. This could be interesting.

"Isn't it wonderful that Zack and Rain have found each other on this vacation. I was so worried that Rain would be all by himself on while we were here."

"Yes it is. These two are definitely a great pair." said Greg.

I looked over at my dad. I was always afraid that he could tell what was going on between Zack and I. Just the way that he looked at Zack sometimes really scared me. He'd just look at us and then take a big swig of his scotch.

"I agree. But it makes me wonder what'll happen when we leave here."

"Well, there's internet and cell phones. We can in touch." said Zack.

"I'm just so glad that Rain's made a new friend. He's never had that many friends. And since we had to leave New York, I think he'll have even less."

"Mom..." I complained.

"Not Zack. Zack's never had trouble making friends."

"Maybe some of that will rub off on our Rain." My mom smiled at me.

The waiter brought us our food. This relieved me. It was horrible for me to be totally embarrassed and not even be able to show it. Well, at least I couldn't show all of my embarrassment. I just wanted to run away with Zack and never see my parents again. They just embarrass me way to much for it to be healthy.
So, we finally started to eat and then Zack goes and started to whisper in my ear, but in a very discreet way. He would whisper things that made it hard not to laugh. He whispered a crack about what my mom said about Zack rubbing off on me. He turned it sexual and I swear that I almost spit out my potatoes.

"What's going on with you two?" asked my mom.

"Um..." I didn't know what to say. My heart was jumping in my throat. "What do you mean?"

"What's so funny?" she asked.

You have no idea how relieved I was that she wasn't talking about what I thought she was talking about. I sighed relief.

"Um...nothing. He was just making a joke." I told her.

I was surprised that anyone besides my parents' rich friends got along with them. My father actually even made a few jokes. So, the dinner, the entire night was a success. And before we left, Zack whispered one more thing into my ear.

"I'm coming to your room later tonight," he whispered.

I smiled and then our families parted ways. Greg, Jake, and Zack went to go set up a campfire on the beach. I desperately wanted to be with him at that moment, but I knew that these things have to wait.
So, I paced my suite, waiting for him to show up. I couldn't believe how much I was dependant on his presence. He was becoming like air to me. And I know that's really cheesy, but it's completely true. And when he came to the door, I opened it with excitement. As soon as he was in, before we even said hello, our lips were locked together and our hands were all over each other.
We moved to the bed and he was on top of me, straddling me with his arms resting on either side of me. I felt like, at that point, I would do anything to stay like that forever. But he stopped and he lay next to me on the bed.

"Zack..."I whispered, taking his hand.

"Yeah?"

"I think I'm falling in love with you."

Zack got sat up and the got off of the bed. He walked over to the mini-fridge and grabbed a soda.

"Zack..." I called after him. "What's wrong?"

"We can't do this. I can't do this."

"What?"

He took a sip of the soda, a Sprite. "Rain, after this vacation, we might not ever see each other again. In fact, It very likely."

"I know that, but that doesn't change how I feel about you. I just...I wanna know if you feel the same."

I could see the trouble in his eyes. When he looked at me, he looked hurt. His eyes watered and his lips quivered.

"If I tell you what I feel right now...it's going to be nearly impossible to say goodbye tomorrow."

"Just tell me, Zack...it's me..."

"I can't..." he paused and took another sip of his Sprite. "I'll see you tomorrow. It's our last day."

"Don't remind me."

As soon as he left, a tear rolled down my cheek. I wiped it away and the got up to change for bed. But when I got to bed, I didn't have then energy to pull out all of the blankets. I just laid on top of the bed and folded myself into the fetal position and fell asleep, not wanting to think about having to say goodbye to him the next day.

* * *

"What's got you so down this morning, son?" My dad asked.

I was shocked that my dad even noticed, but I still couldn't tell him, obviously.

"Yeah, we're moving to the California beach today. It'll be just like this every day," said mom.

"I know..." I mumbled.

"I know," said mom. "You're gonna miss Zack aren't you?"

I sighed and she knew my answer. She put her hand on top of my hand. I wasn't really hungry, so I didn't want to order.

"Mom, can I just leave. I'm not very hungry."

"But this our last breakfast here, honey." She pleaded.

"I know. I just can't eat."

"Okay, well, make sure you pack. We're leaving in about two hours."

"Kay" I said.

I got up from the table and slowly walked out of the restaurant, through the open lobby, and to the elevator. When I got to my suite, Zack was sitting in the hallway with his back against the door, his legs against his chest, and his hands, hanging on his knees. When he saw me, he stood up and smiled. I'm gonna miss his smile when we say goodbye.

"Hey kid..." he said with a bitter sweet smile.

"Hey," I said, kicking the floor and looking down.

"Can we talk?" he asked.

"No"

"Why not? Are you mad at me or something?"

"No, Zack, I'm not mad at you." I said. "It's just...if we talk...we have to say goodbye...and I don't wanna say goodbye."

"Rain, it's only been two weeks. How can two people get that close in two weeks. It's not possible."

"Don't tell me it's not possible, because you know it is."

"Okay, okay...look, I'm just trying to make this a little easier. Can we just talk inside please?"

"Okay," I said.

I walked passed him and to the door. He put his hands on my waist as I opened the door.

"Isn't that a bit dangerous?" I asked as we walked in.

"What?" he asked.

"Someone could see," I said.

"What does it matter now? We're leaving." said Zack.

I put my key on the night stand and then turned around. He was just a few steps away from me. I pouted and looked up at him. He's just a few inches taller than me.

"Don't look at me like that. Come here..." he motioned to me.

I walked towards him and he wrapped his arm around me, our chests pressed up against each other. I held him just as tight as he held me. I didn't want to let go.

"I'm gonna miss you," he said.

"Don't say that." I insisted. "You have to call me, like, every day or something."

Zack laughed. "Every day?"

"Okay, maybe not every day. But you better call me a lot."

I heard him laugh under his breath. "I-..."

"You what?" I asked when he stopped himself.

"I..."

"You don't have to say it if you don't want to." I said, knowing what he was trying to say.

"I think I love you."

I looked at him and he smiled at me. Our lips locked and then I felt a vibration.

"That's Greg. I gotta go, kid. I'll call you later tonight, okay?"

"Do you promise?"

"Of course."

He kissed me again. This time he slipped his tongue into my mouth and my knees nearly buckled. But he held me. After our kiss, he walked to the door.

"Talk to ya later." he said right before he walked out of the door.

I sat on my bed, wondering if I'd ever see him again. I hoped that I did since we'd be living in the same city. But LA is an enormous city and it wasn't very likely that I would see him again.

* * *

When I saw my sister Jenna, I couldn't help but give her a big hug. I hadn't seen her in almost a month.

"How was Hawaii little brother?" asked Jenna.

She moved her hair behind her ear. It was long and curly; a brown color, almost red if you looked at it in the sunlight. She's tall and thin. I always told her that she could be a supermodel. She never believed me, though, and got into real estate instead. She helped my parents find out new house, and she found one for herself so she could live close to us.

"It was great." I said.

"Mom told me you made a friend."

I wasn't going to tell Jenna about Zack, but it totally made sense to just tell her. She's the only one I could possibly trust with this information.
I brought her upstairs to my new room in my new house. The room was exceptionally bigger than my room in New York. It already had my bed and my desk set up, so I sat her in my desk chair and I sat on my bed.

"Okay, I'm gonna tell you something, but you've got to promise not to tell anyone; especially not mom and dad."

"Ooh, this sounds juicy."

"Please Jenna!"

"Okay, I promise."

I took a deep breath before I told her, and I told her everything. I started with getting hit by Zack's Frisbee and ended with our long goodbye. She seemed shocked to say the least.

"I can't believe you're gay!"

"Shh!" I grabbed her wrist. "I'm not gay."

"So...you fell in love with another boy...but you're not gay?"

"Look, it's complicated okay." I paused. "I've just never felt like this about anyone before. I never expected it to be with a guy."

Jenna was smirking with delight.

"Jenna, you can't tell mom and dad, okay."

"Okay, I told you that I wouldn't." said Jenna. "So, do you know where this guy lives?"

"No, but he's gonna call me tonight." I said. "I can't believe how anxious I am for his call."

"I hate to say it, bro, but you've got it bad."

I ran my hand through my hair, not knowing what to do. It was only a day until my first day of school and I didn't want to look like a depressed idiot. While we were up there, the doorbell rang.

"I should get it. Dad's writing and mom's on the phone with her client."

I left Jenna in my room and I went to go answer the door. When I opened it, a really gorgeous girl with long, long brown hair that went just passed her shoulders was on the other side. She had a weird look on her face, though, like she was shocked.

"Hello," I said. "Can I help you?"

"Oh, right...um...I...are you Rain?"

"Yeah...why?"

"Well, um...I live next door and I, um...I heard that you were going to my school and, ah...I was gonna offer to a ride and a guide."

"Um...sure. Do you have a name?"

"Oh. Right. Sorry. I'm Carly; Carly Frank."

I stuck my hand out to shake and she shook it quickly and let go.

"So, Carly, do you wanna come in?"

"That's okay. I've got to go."

"Well what time is this ride you're talking about leaving?"

"School starts at seven thirty, so I'll be here at like seven. Is that okay?"

"Sure, see you tomorrow."

She mouthed the word "bye", smiled and left. I closed the door and walked back up to my room. Jenna was walking out.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I've gotta get home and get some paperwork done."

"Okay...I'll see ya later, sis."

We hugged and Jenna walked downstairs and left. She left me in this plain, but beautifully designed beach house with tall and wide windows and big, open rooms.

* * *

My parents were still asleep and there was nothing in the house except for donuts, so I grabbed one and ran out of the door and met Carly in her driveway. We said good morning and then got into the car. A late 80's BMW; black.

"So how do you like California?" asked Carly.

"It's nice. It's...warm."

I wasn't really in a good mood. Zack never called me like he said he would.

"Yeah, I guess that's a big change from New York."

"Well, it can get pretty hot there too. It is an island after all."

"I think you'll like Sunset High. It's a really good school."

"I guess anything's better than the crappy schools in New York."

I looked out the window as we drove beside the ocean. I looked at the surfers taking advantage of the early morning waves. California was truly beautiful. It reminded me of Hawaii, except it was more populated.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..