Jump to content
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

I have written many adventure books with LGBTQ+ characters. Visit my website to browse my full bibliography. You can also sign up for my mailing list to ensure you don't miss any fun future updates. 

View Website

My Poems, Satires & Other Lyrical Nonsense - 5. The Park

The Park

Free-Verse-Flash-Fiction

By D.K. Daniels

 

A walk in the park never seemed like such a marvelous idea.

Looping the curvature of the volumes path;

From yonder by the rebab climbing frame,

A boy roughly eight hung dangling from his feet.

The blond mess draped like a singular ivory vine,

only, plus that and a gazillion tendrils of cascading hair.

 

In other words, the child could not make out whether he was neither upside down or upright.

All the child presumably knew was "something's wrong."

Surely the boy would plummet; and if a walk in the park were not enough, an elaborate, Ill placed fence impeded rescue.

 

A nasty fall is bound to arise.

Where are the parents?

The boy cried in distress, yelled even to be retrieved.

From up came a woman, running toward the child from a bench, with a phone in hand.

Reaching, ceasing the mother took notice to late… or either such events were to occur regardless of time and motion.

Of course, the boy's foot dislodged.

Down plummeted the blond mess to where the spongy ground settled in most playgrounds broke his fall, somewhat.

 

Well, that was it, nothing I could do.

Therefore, with that, I advanced leaving the boy behind to continue my trek in the park.

As I drew further, the boy’s cries faded into the background; I felt guilty a moment.

Although, I recovered because this cannot be undone.

For there, I took my leave, continued ahead as if nothing transpired.

Well… It's merely another walk in the park, another day, another tragedy.

A special thanks to my patrons: Samuel Roe (Cynus), Thomas Tallis, Don Jr., Joen, Hunter Ozzy,

  

My Fourth Of July Special (You, Me & Them) rolled out exclusively to Patreon on the 1st of July, and Amazon is soon to be followed; be on the lookout for the book and if you would like to be included in a free giveaway where I’ll be giving 3 random copies of the book away free, then sign up to my mailing list. Find further information on my website.

Copyright © 2018 D.K. Daniels; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
p style="text-align:center;"> Thanks for reading, comments are welcome, and I reply to all.
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..