Jump to content
    D.K. Daniels
  • Author
  • 178 Words
  • 1,222 Views
  • 4 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

I have written many adventure books with LGBTQ+ characters. Visit my website to browse my full bibliography. You can also sign up for my mailing list to ensure you don't miss any fun future updates. 

View Website

My Poems, Satires & Other Lyrical Nonsense - 6. Little Hours

A special thanks to my patrons: Samuel Roe (Cynus), Thomas Tallis, Don Jr., Joen, Ozzy,

You, Me & Them my first paid piece, which stand at 27 thousand words is out now on Patreon. The story will be coming to kindle soon for purchase, be on the lookout for it. Sign up to my mailing list where I will be giving three free ebooks of the story. The story revolves around two 16-17 year-old-boys, on the evening of the 4th of July.

Little hours, little hours, I find you beautifully appealing.
I’d remind myself it's not by default, but due to design.
I’ll abide with you, even though saddened and angered by the display of empathy on your behalf.

You see it's just the sight of your tired, weary eyes, and sickly-looking face that I’m afraid of.
The past months I have watched you grow frail, and I cannot come to accept a life without you.

Is it selfish to want it to end, for you to pass?
I won’t miss the changes you have endured; I know deep down, and so do you, that you have changed.

I know as much as the killer is eating away at you; a part of me is dissolving also.
I don’t like to cry often, although tonight I’ll hold your hand, whisper sweet nothings, as I beg, and relinquish your pain. Telling you it's okay to let go. Little hours, little hours, I’ll sit and wait by dim light until you finally decide to allow your fire to burn out.

More to come, stick around. Comments are welcome :)

My Website - www.dk-daniels.com

Lastly, feedback is crucial, I love hearing from you guys so don’t be afraid to drop an email.danny2017writing@outlook.com

Check out my Patreon for early access to chapters and exclusives. Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and whatnot for updates.

A special thanks to my patrons: Samuel Roe (Cynus), Thomas Tallis, Don Jr., Joen, Ozzy,

You, Me & Them Synopsis:

Its the fourth of July, sweltering heat, patties on the grill, fun, and laughter to be had with close-ones. All is well for sixteen-year-old Taylor, who has a crush on his best friend. Every summer, the families get together to celebrate by lake Chebacco. Only this 4th of July, Jackson, Taylors best friend has a secret of his own. As the endless day of wonder, dips into the cool evening, will Jackson and Taylor speak of their rattled nerves for each other? Perhaps make their own Fourth of July fireworks.

Copyright © 2018 D.K. Daniels; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
p style="text-align:center;"> Thanks for reading, comments are welcome, and I reply to all.
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

D.K.  You made me cry. I don’t think I have read anything more beautiful about those last days of life.  I have had too many people I know go through exactly what you wrote.  Time is ticking at this very moment on the life of a good friend. She was experiencing pain. When the discover what was causing the pain, it was too late to do anything other than try and relieve the pain.  Just like your line”the killer is eating away”. That is exactly what is happening. You are amazing. You insights are amazing.  I hope it is ok to share this, it is so well written. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, OzLoGo said:

D.K.  You made me cry. I don’t think I have read anything more beautiful about those last days of life.  I have had too many people I know go through exactly what you wrote.  Time is ticking at this very moment on the life of a good friend. She was experiencing pain. When the discover what was causing the pain, it was too late to do anything other than try and relieve the pain.  Just like your line”the killer is eating away”. That is exactly what is happening. You are amazing. You insights are amazing.  I hope it is ok to share this, it is so well written. 

Thank you OzLoGo, I am sorry to hear about your friend. I suppose I am one of those people when another tells of a misfortune or sad point in there life I never now what to say. I reckon that is why I write, my mind is a noisy place. Although I have had an aunt pass on from cancer and all I recall from it, it was very peaceful. How the family came together and remained with her throughout the night, it is the feeling of time I wanted to get across. Understand the same experience is not the always the best knowledge in the world, but it is what is real that binds is and that is why I like to right of real people, with real problems. And yes you may share it :)

Edited by D.K. Daniels
  • Like 1
Link to comment

What a hauntingly beautiful and melancholy piece of literature. I’ve never seen these thoughts so meaningfully expressed before. Like so many others, I’ve lost a Loved one to a slow and lingering demise. I think I permanently lost a little of my own life in the process! 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
57 minutes ago, SolarMaxx said:

What a hauntingly beautiful and melancholy piece of literature. I’ve never seen these thoughts so meaningfully expressed before. Like so many others, I’ve lost a Loved one to a slow and lingering demise. I think I permanently lost a little of my own life in the process! 

Thank you @Solarmaxx , I am glad that you were able to relate to the piece, even though through sad circumstances. The simplest emotions have more power than the complicated ones. I had this idea in my head for all but five minutes and decided to write it down, and finish it in all but 5 minutes. I found that not many authors on here, from what I have found so far have gone into great detail about death. For some reason, I have a tendency to stray for sad topics to write about, and they always seem to be the creations I am happiest with. To hear that I have made someone cry or them complimenting it for its depth is like falling in love all over again, letting your heart stray open anew. Every time I sit down to write and a little piece of myself changes unknown to myself because I have essentially become someone else.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..