Jump to content
    Doctor Oger
  • Author
  • 414 Words
  • 654 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Wardrobe - 7. Scotched

"Aye," he said. It sounded rather matter-of-factly and there was very little emotion in his face. June frowned suspiciously at her brother.

"You're an asshole," she informed him.

Julius smirked and had to laugh a bit. "I know. It's true, though."

June glared and challenged him with a jerky nod. "Fuck you, be honest now. For real now, Kat, the same Kat, our Kat, has actually really failed and has to spend the next year with us?"

Julius gave an exasperated sigh and threw his arms up. "For fuck's sake, yes! She failed the test! Now piss off and let me read!" He stared pointedly at June, who made a weird frowny but nearly smiling face and backed away to the door. He kept staring her away until his door was closed again before he returned his attention to the book in his lap. With half an ear he noticed June whistling merrily as she moved down the stairs.

"Freak," he murmured.

 

Kat was her and her twin brother's friend and she liked her. She was undoubtedly by far the most interesting person June had ever met. Yet she could and would not be sorry that Kat would not graduate this year after all, because it meant that she would stay in school for another year, and this time she would be in June's grade. When she had first heard the news that Kat had failed the deciding test she needed to pass in order to save her English grade to be eligible for the final exam, she had felt bad for her, but that had quickly given way to the joy of looking forward to a school year with her favourite freak as her classmate.

The rest of June's afternoon was spent at the kitchen table talking with dad, and her excellent mood carried over to nighttime and even the next morning.

After stretching luxuriously, yawning twice and smiling at the Django Unchained poster her Kat had given her, June turned over to check the time on her phone and noticed with mild wonderment that she had missed six calls and her inbox was full. That was quite noteworthy, she reflected, because it was supposed to hold a hundred messages and it had been only half full the day before. She started reading:

'I'm sorry. Be excellent.'

June smiled. "Apologising to me? Adorable. Adorable Kat."

The next one read: 'U know that stupid punk rite shes dead man'

 

 

Copyright © 2016 Doctor Oger; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..