Jump to content
    Doctor Oger
  • Author
  • 680 Words
  • 674 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Wardrobe - 11. Deal

(Warning: This contains a drug.)

Deal

I walked into the men's room behind you and watched with my hands in my pockets and a small cold smile on my face how you began washing your hands and face, checking the black shades around your eyes, and frowning slightly at the natural ones. And then you bit your lips once and turned around to face me with a genial smile.

"Business," you said.

I nodded and pulled a twenty and a tenner out of my pocket, looking at it, at you, at it... and held it out to you. You took it gingerly.

"Is something wrong?"

"No."

You hesitated and cocked a brow at me, but produced a tiny folded paper from the frontpocket of your sweater and placed it next to the sink. I opened it carefully and squinted at the thin, glittering crust, and threw you a smile.

"I was told it would be complicated with you. But you're actually the easiest of my customers so far." You leaned against your sink and crossed your arms. I smirked and placed the tiny pad on my tongue. Lucy's mean little sister would only last for a few minutes instead of six to twelve hours, but hit me fast and hard. You watched me. Apprehensively.

"Why would I be complicated?" I had to grin.

You shrugged. It was haughty, elegant. I dug into my pocket again and found a big one. Tugged it out and held it out to you, casually, between two fingers. You raised your brows.

"I don't have that much on me, man. Sorry."

I chuckled.

"That's for the complications." I slipped the hundred into your frontpocket, and you recoiled slightly, with a frown that helped the acid melt in my mouth and flush downwards, pull me forward, and swirl around in my arms and legs as yellow and green spirals that screwed out of my skin towards you, tapping your chest and arms...

"Hey. What the fuck are you doing?"

"Dealing. Business." I was probably on you then, pushing you against a grimy, chipped black wall on a grimy, chipped white heater, and holding you to something you never agreed to. What I knew then was that I was feeding on a field of sour strawberry jam that looked like a sea and the log I was straddling was hot and soft, the trees groaned around us and quicksilver iron snaked into my mouth. I followed its trail with my tongue and took a dive into its narrow well, with a screaming rushing in my ears that cleared them for the musical dripping that followed. Like the crystal sobs of a nymph in a cave. I found her and watched her squirm in my hands. There were toxic icicles that sliced into my arms and neck, leaving prickly sensations and energy for me. Softleaved branches brushed through my hair. I sucked on a peach that tasted of air, salt, and metal. Mostly air, very hot wind, and a wisp of wet mist, just before a bird pecked at my lips. My legs ran from me and started dancing in irregular circles in front of me, while soft warm roots pinned the rest of me to the ridged bark of a tree. It was hard and cold. My front was in the sunlight, it burned a little. My dancing legs jerked back and forth, closer to me. I was sitting. What else, without legs? Haha... Grapes on my mouth. Couldn't break them, too soft. A lurching tingle radiated from the point of pressure, there, light shifted, light blue, you sang, a whistle, but only sobs of some subdued, sweet kind, and your eyes were black shades, closed. There were stains on your throat, wide exposed, thrown back, and they moved. They flowed like little snakes. You felt absorbed, but I had a feeling of having wronged you.

"Mornahunned."

"Uh... huh?"

"More... hundred. More, worth, more."

You looked at me, glassy-eyed.

"Than. Ahundred." I gave up.

I closed my eyes and rested my head against the radiator. You kissed me.

 

 

/
Copyright © 2016 Doctor Oger; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 11/29/2016 01:21 PM, AC Benus said:

So dreamlike and poetic. Especially poetic; very good :)

That's an honour, coming from you. Thank you, I'm glad you like it.

Link to comment
On 11/30/2016 01:16 AM, Parker Owens said:

Oh, my. The dealer and the dream; this is definitely worth the hundred, and more.

:)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..