Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Prophecy - 19. Chapter 19

"All right," Jason said after a moment of silence. Gary and Leonard's eyes were still resting on him. "All right, we must stop researching on the past. Researching on the order’s origin will take us nowhere. We must find out about Lambert’s group instead."

Gary and Leonard nodded.

"How is the order structured? How does it operate? Who are the members? What is their plan?" Jason asked. "A nuclear attack, a terrorist attack? What are they capable of? I need information and I need it quick."

"Right," Gary said. "The faster we proceed, the better."

"We must research on Antoine Lambert, occult orders and sects, and attack strategies and weapons that would cause a global disaster," Jason said.

"I’m going to research on Antoine Lambert," Gary replied. "Leonard, you can research on occult orders and sects."

Leonard agreed with a nod.

"I'll research about attack strategies and weapons. I need your notebook, Gary," Jason said. He looked at his watch. "Half past nine. I suggest we present our results at eleven o’clock and then we’ll discuss on how to proceed, based on our findings."

Gary and Leonard nodded. Leonard went to the bookshelves and pulled a few books out. Gary brought a pile of history magazines. The three men worked quietly and highly focused. They ended their session at eleven o'clock.

Jason leaned back in his chair and looked at the others. "All right, let me hear your results," he said.

Leonard took two sheets of paper and started to read.

"A secret society is an organization whose activities and inner functioning are concealed from non-members," he said. "The societies are organized conspiracies working in secret to achieve a hidden agenda. Members use secrecy to protect themselves and their movement. Critics view secret societies as malevolent organizations working against the general will of mankind. There are quite a number of secret societies."

He cleared his throat.

"Ordo Templi Orientis, for instance, is a mystic organization that was started in the early twentieth century. The group was established along the same lines as the less secretive Freemasons. One of their practices is the group’s fixation on the sexual. There are many societies, some more modern like The Fenians, The Black Hand, Ku Klux Klan, and Opus Dei. Freemasonry is an older society. It's a fraternal organisation that arose from obscure origins in the late 16th century. Rosicrucianism was founded in late medieval Germany by Christian Rosenkreuz. It holds a doctrine built on esoteric truths which provide insight into nature, the physical universe and the spiritual realm. Another secret society, The Bavarian Illuminati, was founded in 1776."

Leonard looked up.

"And we all know the Knights Templars," he said. "The organisation existed for nearly two centuries during the Middle Ages. Their existence was tied closely to the Crusades. When the Holy Land was lost, support for the order faded. Rumours about the Templars' secret initiation ceremony created mistrust, and King Philip IV of France took advantage of the situation. In 1307, many of the order's members in France were arrested, tortured, and then burned at the stake."

Leonard placed the papers on the desk. "The societies have certain elements in common. A strong chain of authority, a hierarchy, and the members are divided in classes," he said. "They are effective and they often operate globally."

"Like a modern company," Jason said.

"There’s always an inner circle that holds a secret or insights that are concealed from the public," Leonard continued.

"I guess this describes Lambert’s group pretty well. I doubt, however, Antoine Lambert is the grandmaster of the order himself," Gary said.

"Why not?" Jason asked.

Gary pointed at a magazine. "Antoine Lambert. I found a brief biography. A classical academic career. He was a renowned scientist and specialist in his field. He published in many acknowledged journals. A man of the highest credit until 2001 when he published a rather polemic and unfounded article on Madame Blavatsky’s Theosophical Society," he said. "His reputation suffered somewhat. He left university a couple of months after the article had been published. He was offered a job as a strategic consultant by a company."

"A strategic consultant?" Jason asked in disbelief. "He’s a church historian. Which company?"

"No real surprise,” Gary said. "Lefèvre Industries."

"His fiancée of twenty years lent a helping hand," Leonard said drily.

Jason leaned forward and seized the notebook. He opened Google, typed the company's name, and then surfed to the company's website.

"A pharmaceutical company, operating globally. Corporate headquarter in Paris. Company strategies: Grow a diversified global business. Deliver more products of value. Simplify the operating model,” he read. Jason clicked a button. "Board of Directors: Alexandre Lefèvre, Geraldine Lefèvre, and Robert Guilmant."

"The inner circle, so to speak," Gary said. "The successors of the three monks who fled Buckfast Abbey."

Jason opened Google and searched the names. "Alexandre Lefèvre is Geraldine’s father," he said. "Robert Guilmant is Alexandre’s son-in-law. He married Nicole Lefèvre, Geraldine’s elder sister. Nicole died in a car accident in 2001."

Gary folded his arms in front of his chest. "I think we have found the order and the group’s potential weapon. Lefèvre Industries. A pharmaceutical company," he said.

"Goodness, yes," Leonard said. "It's plain to see."

Jason nodded and seized a piece of paper. "I've researched on attack strategies and weapons that would cause a global disaster. Biological warfare is the use of biological toxins or infectious agents such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi. These agents may be lethal or non-lethal, and may be targeted against a single individual, a group of people, or even an entire population. Bioterrorism," he said.

"The deliberate release of viruses and bacteria," Gary said.

Jason nodded. "Terrorists want to use these agents because they are extremely difficult to detect and do not cause illness for several hours to several days. Some bioterrorism agents, like the smallpox virus, can be spread from person to person and some, like anthrax, cannot. They are categorized A, B or C. Category C agents are emerging pathogens that might be engineered for mass dissemination, the Nipah virus and the Hantavirus, for instance, SARS, H1N1, and HIV/AIDS."

They looked at each other.

"The apocalyptic plagues," Gary said.

"H1N1 caused a flu pandemic a couple of years ago, if I remember correctly," Leonard said.

"If I were them, I'd pick that too," Jason said drily.

"What can we do now?" Leonard asked.

"Stop the distribution of the viruses," Jason said. "It's plain to see."

***

"Naturellement," Antoine Lambert hissed into the phone and then pressed a button and ended the call. He turned to Geraldine Lefèvre who was standing by his desk. Her piercing eyes were resting on his face. "Your father," Lambert said, rising to his feet from the chair behind his office desk.

He moved to the big window and looked out. The sky was dark and rain was falling. Lambert looked down at Paris from the 5th floor. He found that everything looked small and unimportant.

"Your father wants to change the ways of distribution. Everything’s organized, but he wants to make changes," he said.

"This can be done. Calm down, Antoine," Geraldine said in an unnerved voice. She crossed the room, joined Lambert by the window and gave him a sharp look. "Our initial responses were rash and inconsiderate. Jason Bolding escaped. We should have gotten rid of him and his companion immediately. We searched their apartments in London. Nothing. Nothing that indicates his plans. Their apartments are being observed meanwhile, but they have not shown up yet or maybe they have already moved on," she said.

"Then find out about the names of their friends," Lambert hissed.

A disdainful smile showed on Geraldine’s lips. "I've already found out about their names," she said coldly. "I’ve researched and checked on their friends."

Lambert felt tempted to make a step back, but did not. Geraldine looked out of the window for an instant before she turned back to Lambert.

"Gary Conelly," she said. "Seventy years old. A retired historian. Single. He lives south of London. I’m certain that Jason Bolding is hiding in his house. Two of our best men have left Paris. They ought to be there by evening."

She measured him. Antoine Lambert loosened his tie.

"I’m not particularly worried, Antoine," Geraldine said. "The prophecy announced that the man Jason would come and try to stop us. He came, which proves that the prophecy is true. The prophecy announces the end of the world. It gives an exact date: Thursday, the 17th of May 2012. But, Antoine, believe me, Jason Bolding cannot stop us. He can try, but he won’t succeed," she said. "The Light Bearer will win. The Son of Dawn will defeat him."

Lambert’s eyes rested on Geraldine’s face. "Are you certain you will outlive the day?" he asked calmly. "After all, these viruses are biological weapons. They are lethal, Geraldine."

Geraldine shot him an angry look. Lambert winced and made a step back. Geraldine recited from the Book of Revelations.

"The fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star from the sky which had fallen to the earth. The key to the pit of the abyss was given to him. He opened the pit of the abyss, and smoke went up out of the pit, like the smoke from a burning furnace. Then out of the smoke came forth locusts on the earth, and power was given to them, as the scorpions of the earth have power."

Lambert swallowed. Geraldine lifted her chin and continued.

"They have over them as king the angel of the abyss. His name in Hebrew is Abbadon."

***
2013 Dolores Esteban
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Amazing how much info they can get so fast. So they know who, half the how but not when just a closing date. But the other side is gathering data just as fast. Not only that but it looks like the fiance is the mastermind. Now they know everyone's at Pauls hopefully no one gets hurt. Very intriguing can't wait til next chapter.

Link to comment
On 06/27/2013 03:42 AM, Daithi said:
Amazing how much info they can get so fast. So they know who, half the how but not when just a closing date. But the other side is gathering data just as fast. Not only that but it looks like the fiance is the mastermind. Now they know everyone's at Pauls hopefully no one gets hurt. Very intriguing can't wait til next chapter.
Thanks to the internet you can spy on everything and everyone in the briefest of time...

Thanks for reading and commenting.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..