Jump to content

One Dark and Stormy Night Volvo Tales

   (3 reviews)
Genres: Romance
Sub-genres: Contemporary Romance
OIG3.jpg

I had had many chances to hook-up, but I wasn’t built that way. Of course, there was the obvious fumbling with others growing up, nothing more serious than a couple of hand jobs after high school which left me unfulfilled. Anita Bryant, Jerry Fallwell, Newt Gingrich along with the not so moral majority, with their contract on America was unsettling to say the least. Gay boys and men were dying, and no one knew why, and much less interested in finding out why. To the best of my understanding, it was virtually impossible to catch AIDS or venereal diseases from your hand, warts maybe, eyeglasses were a risk I’d take. Then Mikey entered my life…

This tale is the result of some comments I made in Mancunian's "What Happened to The Baxter Boys". In that story there are efforts made in restoring an old car. It brought back memories of an old car of mine and some of the adventures we had. 
Copyright © 2024 drsawzall; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (5 members)

  • Action Packed 4
  • Addictive/Pacing 5
  • Characters 5
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 5
  • Feel-Good 3
  • Humor 3
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 2
  • World Building 3

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 6,045 Words
    • 1,015 Views
    • 30 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

chris191070

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

This is a wonderful short story.

We follow a few days in the life of Zippy.

Wednesday night at Petes, your typical bar where we meet Mikey. Thursday and Friday at work, not your typical day.

But the highlight of the story is Zippy's car, but you need to read the story to discover more about it.

A fantastic read.

Response from the author:

Many thanks for your wonderful review!!!

  • Love 6
Link to review
Geron Kees

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

I don't want to make the mistake of saying this wonderful little story is over, because more is promised. So I am just saying that this first installment is a fun little jaunt into a slightly offbeat region of the imagination that will remind most older readers of something in their own youthful years that will cause them to smile.

And perhaps give them a reason to root for the main characters, who are just getting started themselves!

Response from the author:

Thanks Geron, while I will admit to liking some disco, nothing beats Marshal Tucker, Charlie Daniels, Neville Brothers, along with Peter Rowan and so many other fantastic musical artists of that genre. I spent many a summer's weekend following the bluegrass and jazz festival circuits in my old Volvo, what memories we made!!

There will be more coming shortly!!! 

  • Love 5
Link to review
raven1

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

I loved reading this excellently written story about a man, his car, and the beginning of a great romance. It is filled with great descriptions of a time that captures the reader's imagination and memories if you are old enough to have lived during this time period. I hope there will be more stories added that continue this story. I highly recommend reading this.

Response from the author:

Thank you!!! Your editing made this read so much better!!!

  • Love 6
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..