Jump to content
    EmDee
  • Author
  • 865 Words
  • 1,653 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Glimpses (Ugly Davey) - 1. Stuck in a Storm

A glimpse of Davey

Point of view: Davey

 

Fuck!

 

Exams were finally over and our break had just started a day before. I had been beyond excited to finally return back home to my family after spending the four months away from them during my first year at university.

 

But all of that excitement had gone down the drain as soon as we found ourselves stuck in a storm, not even having made it halfway to Prince George.

 

I glared at Rick as he gave me his usual shit-eating grin while rubbing his hands and trying to get warm from the hot air blasting from the car heater.

 

“Oh c’mon Davey, don’t give me that look. How was I supposed to know that we would be hit by a storm?” whined Rick.

 

My eyes narrowed. “I told you,” I said through my gritted teeth, anger rolling off in waves. “I told you, over and over again, to check the weather websites for any storm warnings.” I continued to glare at Rick until his stupid-ass grin finally faded.

 

The light rain that had been falling as we left Vancouver that morning had gradually gotten worse as the deeper we got into Northern Canada. As we neared the small town of Cache Creek, the rain had started falling in sheets, making it extremely difficult to see anything through the car’s windshield. Thunder had also been constantly rumbling overhead, with flashes of lightning every now and then.

 

“Yeah OK, I’m sorry that I forgot,” Rick said, lowering his head in shame. “It’s just that Amy was leaving to visit her parents in Whistler, and you know…” he said waving his hands like it was obvious, “…I couldn’t very well let her go before having one last marathon sex session.”

 

Oh god, TMI! Way too much information!

 

I shuddered at his response, which only made Rick laugh.

 

“C’mon Davey, you gotta look at it as an adventure. I’m sure a day will come when we’ll look back and laugh at ourselves. A gay man and a straight man, stuck in a car while a storm roils on overhead. Damn if this was a book, this would be where I’d be going all gay for you and shit. You know, straight guy being tempted by his gay friend? Happens all the time in those books Amy reads.”

 

Oh I highly doubted anything like that would ever happen, I thought shaking my head in disgust at the way Rick’s mind worked sometimes.

 

“Stop making this into a joke, Rick. This is serious!” A loud rumble of thunder sounded once again as if to emphasize my point, but then it was all ruined when my stomach took that moment to let out a grumble.

 

Rick laughed again. “Damn Davey, but I think your stomach’s trying to compete with the thunder.” He reached over to pat my stomach and spoke to it in a cajoling tone, “There, there Davey’s tummy. Don’t worry. You’re still the most badass one here. The thunder ain't got nothing on you."

 

I growled as I swatted Rick’s hand away from me. Rick just cackled evilly.

 

I didn’t want to admit it, but like always, Rick’s weird sense of humor was starting to thaw my anger.

 

“I think we should go inside,” I said, looking at the gas station whose parking lot we were parked in. It was barely visible through the rain falling on the windows, but it looked like it had a built in A&W restaurant.

 

“Yeah sure,” said Rick, as he pulled on the hood of his parka and started to get out of the car.

 

I followed him out after turning off the car and locking the doors. As we entered the gas station, I noticed that half of it was converted into the restaurant part, while the other half was a regular convenience store. When we neared the tables in front of A&W, I noticed that the seats were filled mostly with big burly truck drivers.

 

“Hey look Davey! It’s bear-central!” yelled out Rick.

 

The whole room went quiet and all the truckers turned to look at him like he had lost his mind.

 

Rick was oblivious and continued talking, “Maybe it’s a sign from god for you to try a new fetish, Davey.”

 

I knew my face was flaming red as all the heads turned to look at me. Most of them were disgusted, a few were amused, and holy shit a couple even looked a tad bit interested.

 

Sometimes, just sometimes like this, I really wished that I could kill my best friend.

 

I quickly grabbed Rick’s arm and pulled him back out of the gas station behind me.

 

“C’mon,” I grumbled, “I think I saw a Burger King across the street.”

 

“Oh cool! Can I get one of those paper crowns?”

 

“Yes Rick,” I managed to say as I stomped my way across the street, already drenched in the rain, “yes you can.”

 

Right after I bash your face in with my fist.

If you guys want to request a "glimpse" for a particular character and/or at a certain time in their lives, leave a comment about it in this discussion thread. I'll see what I can do. ;)
Copyright © 2012 EmDee; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 01/27/2012 08:03 PM, intune said:
Cute side story. I like being able to see a bit more of their friendship :D
I'm glad you like seeing more of their friendship. I love writing about these two, it's always a blast. :D
Link to comment
On 01/27/2012 10:20 PM, Gulab Jamun said:
More of Rick and Davey!!!! Please!!
Haha I definitely plan to write more about them. It's always so much fun! :D
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..