Jump to content
    Emi GS
  • Author
  • 691 Words
  • 613 Views
  • 2 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Emi's Writing Prompts - 1. 'Date' Of The Year

A story that I attempted to write for Prompt - 467

Date of the Year

 

"How can you do this? You have been planning this for weeks." said Liam with a disappointed tone.

"What have I done? It’s not my fault the car got busted today!" Emmett said with an innocent face.

"Why can't you book us a cab?"

"Look outside babe. It’s snowing up a storm." Emmett said as a matter of fact.

"That's it? You are going to do nothing about it?"

"What am I, Storm from X-men?!?" Emmett laughed at the thought.

"You think this is funny! You can't ruin our date like this. It’s your fault we were late from the office. And we have to take early flights home." Liam said with an angry growl. "You ruined our last date of this year."

"Don't worry babe. We have all night together!" Emmett said with a husky voice.

"Don't even think about it."

"I was just saying, we can watch movies if you want. X-men, if you like!"

"Suit yourself on that couch today. You are sleeping down here tonight."

"Babe, don't be like that!"

"Good night, Emi. Sleep well. We have a plane to catch early in the morning." Liam went up stares smiling evilly.

All the plans, weeks of work, unnecessary leaves are all gone to the gutter, because of that car. 'He should have put the thing in the museum' Liam thought. And most importantly, heavy snow makes it is impossible to go outside. The cold, even though they are in the house, is killing. He headed for the bed, thinking about the way all his plans for this date collapsed to nothing. He was planning to propose, after a year of dating, on that day. But all his plans are now a waste.

As disappointed as he is, he got ready to go to bed. He shed all his clothing but his underwear and crawled under the blankets. Suddenly the lights went off and the heater was gone too.

He got out of the bed and went downstairs to find out what happened. He shouted for Emmett.

"Emi where are you? And what happened to the electricity?" Liam asked.

"I am down here, in the basement. I’m checking on the power generator!" Emmett shouted back from basement.

"Is everything alright? Need any help?"

"Yeah! I would appreciate that."

Liam carefully walked through the hall, trying to not to bump into anything and get hurt. He came down the basement stairs to find candles lit everywhere in the room. There is a table set finely for dinner in the middle if the room. At one corner in a double sized bed, Emmett was lying in a seductive way wearing only his underwear.

"You said you were checking on the power generator?" asked Liam, looking at him.

"I think, I am!" Emmett comes to him gently pulling him in to a kiss.

"Don't we have planes to catch in the early morning?" Liam sighed, breaking the kiss.

"A plane to catch, exactly." Emmett said. Liam looked at him with a confused look on his face.

"We are going to your house. Mom and dad are coming too."

Liam let out a gasp, trying to understand this all. Meanwhile, Emmett kneeled on one leg in front of him. He let out another gasp. Emmett took out a small red box, which he had hidden in the bedclothes. He smiled at the thought of life with Liam. He held a platinum ring between his fingers.

"I, Emmett Thunder, am kneeling in front of you Mr. Liam Lightening, and assuring you I'll be knight of your fears, solution to your problems and the reason for your happiness for life. Will you marry me?"

With misty eyes Liam said, "Yes."

Putting on the ring Emmett kissed him.

"Ready for our date now? We shall eat now!" Emmett said with more enthusiasm.

"You said its cold outside." Liam teased him in a husky tone.

"Don't worry. I am here to get you warm!" Emmett's corniness made Liam shine like a tomato with blush.

At the end of the day they are having the best 'Date of the Year'...

Thank you all for reading. I would Love to hear from you all in the shape of either likes or reviews...
Copyright © 2016 Emi GS; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hi MGK. As you develop your writing, try to show it, not tell it. What I mean by that is you tend to have your characters doing something 'with a descriptive'
For example:

"You think this is funny! You can't ruin our date like this. It’s your fault we were late from the office. And we have to take early flights home." Liam said with an angry growl. "You ruined our last date of this year."

Instead, show it:

Liam's face was like thunder. "You think this is funny? You can't ruin our date like this. It’s your fault we were late from the office...and we have to take early flights home."

"Awe come on babe - don't be like that!" Emmet sounded husky. "We have all night together."

"No!" Liam wasn't buying it for one second. Not this time. "You've ruined our last date of the year!"

Let the characters play off each other in a way you really pick up on the emotions.

Riley

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 01/07/2016 09:06 AM, Riley Jericho said:

Hi MGK. As you develop your writing, try to show it, not tell it. What I mean by that is you tend to have your characters doing something 'with a descriptive'

For example:

"You think this is funny! You can't ruin our date like this. It’s your fault we were late from the office. And we have to take early flights home." Liam said with an angry growl. "You ruined our last date of this year."

Instead, show it:

Liam's face was like thunder. "You think this is funny? You can't ruin our date like this. It’s your fault we were late from the office...and we have to take early flights home."

"Awe come on babe - don't be like that!" Emmet sounded husky. "We have all night together."

"No!" Liam wasn't buying it for one second. Not this time. "You've ruined our last date of the year!"

Let the characters play off each other in a way you really pick up on the emotions.

Riley

Thanks RJ. As I said before, I really love to learn new things and improve my writing skill. I am a lot better than my first one(which is not published here). My editor is giving me all the suggestions from her side. I'll definitely work on them.

 

Thank you for your suggestions. I am glad and really appreciate them... :)

 

~Emi...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..