Jump to content
    Emi GS
  • Author
  • 1,117 Words
  • 495 Views
  • 2 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Emi's Writing Prompts - 3. Prompt 520: Blind Date

Damian came into Adrian's Life, by which changed the entire life of Adrian. With this arrangement of this Blind Date, will Damian gave Adrian what he had lost???

Blind Date


This blind date has been a lot of hell for me. I don't know why my son, Damian, was so eager to push me to go on a date. Actually he was the one who set it up. He put my profile on some dating site. He chose the guy and arranged for a blind date. He even managed convincing me to go, I don't know how.

My name Adrian Ray. I live with my parents and son in Backwood Hills, Atlanta. And I work for a local law firm. It’s not like that I don't like to date, I am 28 after all. I’m an unmarried guy and I haven't dated at all since Damian came into my life. I was 21 when I saved him from an accident and took him in after his recovery.

****-----****

On one unfortunate day, I was coming from the office and found Damian, holding a baseball bat, in the middle of the highway. I might have killed him, if I hadn't hit the brakes right in time. When I went to him, he collapsed into my arms. He was a bloody mess. I could even see a broken bone through his bicep and he had a tire iron through his left thigh. He had a head injury and bruises all over his lovely body.

When I looked back the way he came, there were the tracks of his bloody foot prints which lead into the jungle beside the highway. I could see the pieces of a car, totally wrecked. I got a clear picture of what had happened. I could see two bodies lying on the ground, unmoving. I called 9-1-1, and told them the exact location. I never waited for the ambulance to arrive. I took him to the hospital in my car, and doctors immediately took him into surgery.

It took him two days to emerge from unconsciousness. I was there, when he awoke.

"Hey bumpy head! How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Sore..." He said and coughed instantly. I gave some water. After drinking some, he relaxed into bed and sighed before he winced.

"You fine?" I asked again.

He slowly nodded before asking, "Where is my baseball bat?"

"That's at my house." I said and asked, "Why a baseball bat? Why not your parents?"

"I know... they are dead. They just bought it for my birthday." His voice cracked while saying that.

"What's your name boy?"

"My name is Damian Philip. And I am 8 years old."

I said nothing for sometime. "Do you want me to call someone, Damian?" I asked. He just shook his head slowly.

"Do you want to come to my house and stay with me?"

He nodded his head before saying, "I have nowhere else to go."

After two weeks the doctors said I could take him home. Working in a law firm, I pulled some strings and got the custody of him. Don't ask me how!

It took several months for Damian to emerge from his grief and yet more weeks to get close to me. It was then I decided I was not going to date or marry someone. Yeah, I know it was a stupid decision and my parents were not too happy with it. But no one ever stopped loving Damian. He is such a great kid.

****-----****

Coming to the present day, he is so committed to that blind date. He didn’t only plan, but arranged it in my house. He became a party organizer, and arranged a beautiful table in our backyard. He has been working for hours to prepare everything, and I am here attempting to make myself look good.

"Dad!" Damian shouted from somewhere downstairs. "He is already here and you are still thrashing around your room."

"Coming..." I shouted back. I could hear the excitement in my own voice.

"Wow! You are looking hot dad." He blurted out when I finally came down. I could feel my cheeks burning with shyness. I stood there blushing.

"He is waiting out there for you." He told me, handing me two plates. I looked at him with a questioning eye.

"It’s his favorite cake – Black Forest. I have set everything out but this. Just take it out there."

I slowly opened the door to the back yard. I could see him sitting at the table facing other side. He looked fit from the back side; I could see the V-shape of his body. He looked fine from the back side. I slowly approached him. I know I was shaking with excitement; after all it was my first date after so many years. I approached the flat wooden area, where the table had been set under a tent. I could see Damian had worked hard to arranging it all. Finally, I courageously went forward to put the plates on table. As I turned to see my date, I was shocked to see my best friend there.

"Dylan! What are you doing here?"

"It’s good to see you again too..." He said with a low voice.

"I’m sorry, but what are you really doing here. I heard you moved to the other side of the world, right?" I said with some anger lingering in my voice.

"I am so sorry. I left you without giving any explanation. But I am here now, to make it right."

"To make what right?" Again with anger.

"I was so foolish to leave you like that. I thought unreasonable things, when you said Damian was your son. I don't know. I was really dumb. Finally Damian made me realize that."

"Damian?!"

"Yes, Damian. He contacted me last week and explained what had happened. He made me realize how I had lost you. Now I know why I haven't liked anyone until now."

I just stood there with my hands folded. I was thinking about all. How I simply hid the truth from him. How he left me because of that. And after all that, I thought he deserved a second chance. I thought I deserve a second chance too.

"So, what now?" I asked.

He took something out of his pocket and knelt before me on one leg. He produced a small box and opened it. A diamond ring. I couldn't breathe for a moment.

"Will you marry me?"

Hearing that, I knew I could blindly say 'yes.' But I looked at the back door. I could see my mom and Damian standing there with smiling faces. I looked at Damian, asking silently what I should do. He slowly brushed the tear from his face and nodded his agreement. I just as slowly smiled.

"Yes."

img alt=":thankyou:" src="http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/thankyou.gif" title=":thankyou:" />  to SkinnyD, for being the fast editor as he is.
Tell me must, what you feel. I always loved hearing from you all... :D
Copyright © 2016 Emi GS; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Such a sweet story here Emi :hug:
You did great putting some "past" to explain how the character get to have a son and it's was really mysterious as to how come the blind date would take place at his house :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 08/14/2016 02:17 AM, clochette said:

Such a sweet story here Emi :hug:

You did great putting some "past" to explain how the character get to have a son and it's was really mysterious as to how come the blind date would take place at his house :)

Yeah, it was a small idea I got. I am glad you liked it. I liked Damian here a lot, he is such a sweet boy... :D

 

Thank you for the review my dear Fairy Tail Queen

 

Love,

~Emi.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..