Jump to content
    Fantasyboy69
  • Author
  • 11,575 Words
  • 2,811 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Forbidden Fantasy - 3. Chapter 3

Time changes all things, even in the Elven world where time goes by so slowly and time can do so much. To us change is as steady as the seasons because that is what changes the most frequently in our world of centuries. Yet change came to us in the span of weeks. Folk began pouring in, representatives of races that had been kept out of our forests and villages. The Dwarves were first to arrive, thirteen battle hardened and ready people as broad through the chest and shoulders as they were tall and beards down to their belts. I thought Jacob and I were brawny, but these Dwarves were only made more so because they were of the mountains. As an elf is of the woods, these folk were akin to their mountain home, walking boulders with cheery smiles and gruff voices that spoke well in our tongue. These were their Council, the thirteen chiefs of their clans. While it was not a sizable force compared to the numbers we had, it was still daunting because here were their leaders...and I was the leader of my people. Thank the Gods they were not ones for much formality. “Gots you a dragon that needs killin' laddie?” the Leader asked of me. He was at least a hundred years my senior so the comment only made me smile and like him more.

“We do. Ingalome'stracazillio, the fell black.” Their faces hardened. “I welcome you to the Moonray tribe lands. Care to have a mug or two?” My father's jaw dropped at how little formality I was using, but I remembered dwarves shared a mug of something, usually mead for them, before talks began.

“Aye laddie! That we do!” He, one Gregor Ironskull, thumped me on my back. I think he expected me to go flying, and that blow did rock me more than I could imagine, but I stood my ground and I think earned some respect. “I heard tales of a human here.”

“You heard correct. Jacob of Ivywell is a warrior of skill and honor, but he fights dirty.” They laughed while the Council of Elders just hid their faces from the shame. We walked away to go to the meeting hall where I knew Jacob was sitting patiently.

“He is playing them like a fiddle,” and elder said to my father.

“Perhaps this tribe will one day soon have a new leader.” I heard him grumble. With a glance back I shook my head and smiled fondly. My father was ten times the diplomat I was...but he did not know how to deal with other races.

Watching Jacob meet the Dwarves, or rather watching him greet them by bashing his forehead into theirs without flinching and then out drinking them, made me love him more. I would never have tried to be that brazen about showing strength to a Dwarf. Jacob bested them and won their respect at their own games.

Next came the Kzinti. They sent their five princesses, their society a matriarchy. The cat people were beautiful and magnificent. They wore nothing but their fur and some jewelry that accented their ears and wrists, but they needed nothing. I was at a complete loss for how to deal with them as I had never learned much. They were more xenophobic than my own kind. Their language was past my comprehension as it was partly verbal and partly physical. Jacob could speak it.

He stood by my side with the council members flanking us, and I was very glad they chose to let him be there without even my asking. They were coming to see him as an ally worth having as he had won over the Dwarves with ease and was showing he could act like a brute or very honorable and traditional in the Elven ways. He was being accepted because the way he acted was just enough to keep all parties happy.

The eldest, Princess Blackhawk, stepped forward. “Know you our language?” she asked. Jacob stepped forward and knelt, showing he was in awe of her splendor.

“I know some, Radiant Light, and will act as speaker for the battle honored Moonray tribe.” All we heard were growls and some hissing.

The Kzinti were shocked he could say this much. Visibly shocked. “Then rise, Human, and we shall speak of battles. I shall forgive you any lapses in speech as I do know humans have not the capacity for our tongue as we have not for yours.”

Change. Ten more peoples can within that month. The humans sent more and while my father and the elves treated them fairly it was obvious Jacob was not the standard for the race. They were somber and serious but not rude. The could laugh when it was right and knew some Elven phrases, but they were not Jacob. The centaurs came as asked and the archery contest that followed was more for ceremony than anything. Then came the Faeries. Pixies, brownies, satyrs, nymphs, and Dryads. These were already our allies and there were no formalities, just a welcome and that was it. The human men were fascinated by the nymphs, even I was somewhat entranced by their beauty, but not Jacob. He had only eyes for me and no one but Flora and Jon knew it.

The last to show shocked us to our cores. Even I was so astounded that I could do nothing but stare. The first to fly in were what humans call dragonkin. Drakes, Wyvern, hydras, fire lizards, even Orren who were among the most peaceful of the kin. One from each species had come, the Orren as their nominal leader as he could speak all of the languages there. “We have come knowing the need.” The Orren's voice was deep and rumbling. His silver scales were bright and polished, the jewel in his forehead a pearly white. “We know it seems odd for us to join to remove our own kin, but this dragon be no kin to us for his crimes.”

“Then we welcome you as allies,” I said with a bow. “I would offer you refreshments, but only offer the bounty of the forests. I do hope for some conservation as I understand even the smallest of you can cause devastation.”

The Orren chuckled and nodded. He changed his shape before our eyes into an elf, keeping the same silver hair and pearl in the center of his forehead. “As the largest I will content myself to this form if it does not offend. The others know that we are here as allies and will not hunt wantonly.” I knew Orren possessed magics but not like this.

“It does not offend and I thank you. There are some hills nearby for those of your people who do not find trees acceptable.” He nodded and cocked his head to one side. All but the fire lizard flew off. The lizard was no larger than a cat with deep gold scales. No spurs named it a female.

“She would house with you, Leader Kiven.” It was not a request and I knew she was in high standing with her people.

“Of course. I am a healer so I have much room, though her magnificence will fill every corner.” I smiled at the lizard and I knew she could understand the compliment. There was a keen intellect behind those eyes. “I must ask for some...patience with honored guests. Kzinti are here,” the Orren nodded and assured there would be no quarrel, “and a human warrior whose people were slaughtered by the goblin bands under the fell wyrm's command. He has asked that he be left in peace.”

“Such prejudice, while saddening, is understandable and I shall convey this to the others. You hold this human in high regard.” It was not a question. I knew he could smell Jacob's scent all over me no matter how well I washed. When not in formal duties such as these I was with Jacob and Jon whose own friendship was strong. They understood each other as warriors and as people who knew what it was like to keep a male companion.

“I do. I will ask if he will meet you as you are, but do not expect miracles.” That conversation had shocked me. Our scouts had sent word that the dragonkin were on the wing here and Jacob stormed into his room.

“I will not meet with them,” he had said evenly.

“But why?” I asked.

“They are dragonkin. I've no hatred for them, but I have little fondness either. Call this my one big failing to separate them from their large cousins, but I will not meet with any of them.”

I just looked at him like this was a stranger. I wondered what else I did not know of him. Yet I could see his attempt to keep this alliance together. “As you wish, my love, but I do not like this. They come as allies against Ingalome'stracazillio whom you hate. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. They too have suffered.” I sat beside him and took his hand.

“I know, Kiven, which is why I'm keeping to myself. I do not blame them and I can sympathize, but they are dragonkin. It is like you facing a delegation from your Lost Elves. It would try the very fiber of your being, would it not?” I opened my mouth to answer but could not. He was right. I would be unable to face them with any sort of diplomacy. While these very dark elves had not wronged me, their ilk had killed my people and I could not be civil.

I kissed him softly. “Very well. They will be here shortly so I must greet them.” I smiled ruefully. “How I long for this war to be done with so I can simply be a healer again.” He smiled and pulled me atop him in a hug. He smoothed back my hair and just held me for a moment. I needed it, I needed him.

How I wish now that Jacob had not brought up my dark kin. That evening was when they showed up and I stood with my war maces ready for they had not come in stealth. “Father, I ask that you deal with this one. I am not prepared.” We watched as they melted from the shadows, their ebony skin and snow white hair a beacon for hate by any goodly folk. Yet they did not attack and wore no weapons.

“We see you, dark ones. Come you as allies?” My father stepped forward.

“As allies yes. We expect much trouble by our being here, faerie, but know that this wyrm's hordes have caused us troubles as well. While we swallow our bile for being here, here is where the dragon is.” The tension was building and I adjusted my grip on my maces. They were unarmed but that did not mean a thing when it came to the dark elves.

“Pragmatic was ever a trait of your people. Where shall you be during the day hours?”

“There is a cave we used to bring us here. As a gesture, we shall stay there and seal it when this is over. Know this. Any of your kind must announce themselves there. I would not want to start a war within a war.” By the evil smile that lit his face he wanted just that, but as my father said. Pragmatism was a trait they had. While we hated each other, we had to deal with the dragon first.

“Very well. As a gesture of faith we shall meet at the end of the days as often as we can so your input may be heard. None here can deny the tactics of your race.” The dark elf nodded and as one they vanished into the shadows once more. I relaxed only after a moment. “Kiven, you showed much wisdom in handing this meeting to me.”

“Thank you, Father, but it was wisdom or bloodshed. I am not ready for them and I doubt I ever will be. I'd rather face ten dragons with my bare hands than a single dark elf.” I shook off the last bit of anger and hatred.

“As would I.”

I went to my home to make sure my guest, whom I called Golden Wings, was comfortable. She seemed to be but Jacob was not. He sat on the farthest cot he could from the small perch Flora had conjured up for the small queen. They stared at each other and I knew neither was happy. “Kiven, will she be here as a guest?”

“I had little choice with her. The Orren's tone said she would stay here even if I said no.” I sat next to him and then laid back on the cot with my legs over the side. “I'm sorry, beloved, but she must stay.”

“I see.” He leaned over with a small, tight grin. “It will make time together chaste, but I believe I can tolerate her. The Orren? No, I will not meet with him.” I smiled and touched his face with my finger tips.

“Then we shall be chaste.” There was a small hissing sound from Golden Wings and Jacob sat up and all but fled the room. I looked alarmed until the Orren's tap came at the door. It seemed the fire lizard and Jacob had an understanding. How did that happen? I opened the door and let him in.

“I shall not be here long, Healer, but I have come to ask for a purge. The hydra ate something that did not agree with them.” I tried my best to avoid from smiling but I couldn't. His own grin was infectious.

“I have just the thing then.” I grabbed the concoction. “I have spoken to Jacob and he tolerates Golden Wings, but refuses to meet with you.”

“Then I shall depart quickly. It is good that he accepts her. Among her people she is a queen and a powerful drr`hssar. I believe you call them aa'mak.” So she was queen and a mage. A powerful ally indeed. She hissed something that sounded almost like she was making a joke. “She says she is fond of you and him. There is no need to be chaste.” I groaned. “Fear not. We Orren do not judge your preference as many of our kind do the same. Love is love, no matter the form and if asked she will not only leave to give privacy, but stand watch to give security. Perhaps your Jacob will put some of his own feelings aside after a time.” He bowed and left quickly, the door closing behind him. I looked to Golden Wings and when our eyes met I felt her in my head. She approved of us being together, she knew we would be good for each other.

“Thank you for...” I trailed off, not really sure why I was thanking her, but she knew. “Thank you.” She trilled a reply and winged out to the open window and sat there to keep watch. “Oh Jacob,” I said with a smile and ran into my room and dived atop him.

“Umm...” he seemed unsure.

“Golden Wings is keeping watch for us. She thinks we make a cute couple.” I pressed my lips to his to stifle any response. His powerful arms encircled me but he only just held me. It was something I felt he needed right then. Nothing carnal, just companionship. I was more than happy to do it.

I awoke in his arms starving. I was falling into the habit of eating only once a day because there was so much to do, so many plans to formulate. I was getting used to waking up a bit groggy now and sleeping on my side, which was probably the cause. “Good morning,” Jacob said and nuzzled my ear which made me giggle a bit and roll over to kiss him.

“Always is if I wake up in your arms.” That got me a smile and another kiss.

“You may not think so when I'm grumpy and trying to bite your head off.”

“Even then,” I replied and he laughed. “I am hungry. Politics is harder than I thought.” He nodded and let me up, although his hand held mine until the last second. When I went to the main room, Golden Wings was there and she nodded a greeting before flying off for her own meal. I washed thoroughly so as to get as much of Jacob's scent off me as possible. The day passed in a blur of activities...until I realized all was set save for the real war. The plans were done, the army as ready as it would ever be.

I was away from the village, rare for me since I was completely alone, and wandering the streams and woods I was born and raised in. Strange for me to feel like I would never see them again, but I felt this would be my last time. Coming to the falls all elflings played in, I shucked my clothing and dived in, the brisk waters familiar. I came up sputtering and paddled around to wash off the day's stresses. Time had not changed it in the hundred years since I was too grown up to come here with my few friends and I felt like it meant something. It was stagnant in time while I...I was different. I was forever changed while this place would be left behind. I knew that after this war that I would follow Jacob if we survived. I'd give it all up for him and never look back.

Pulling myself out of the water, I looked in a shoal of the small lake at the base of the falls. I looked at my reflection and could see something I had never seen before. I...looked content. I had never looked so happy to be me. It was unreal, like someone had replaced my guarded nature with some inner light, some ephemeral presence that made my features all the more desirable. Goddess above...is this what it looks like to be in love? If so...I liked the way I looked.

I heard something moving in the bushes behind me and I thought nothing of it until I smelled something unnatural, something that did not belong in this world. I spun, my wet hair haloing out and spraying water droplets all over what had to be the most unsettling site I had ever seen. It set my hairs up as I gazed into the lifeless, damned eyes of an undead. No, four undead. There were four this close to the village and no one knew about it! I could not stand the sight of the flesh that was rotting from the bodies of three of them, but the fourth scared me. It was but a floating, transparent cloak of ink black that waved when there was no breeze at all. I could destroy the corporeal zombies, but the wraith...I had nothing for it. Their groans of torment began when they felt my life energy and they made directly for me. “Great,” I said and dived back into the water and swam to the other side for my weapons.

The wraith was able to keep pace but unable to get me enough to drain my soul. The icy brush of its finger was enough to chill the blood in my veins and I wished I had paid more attention to the spells my mentor had taught me to stave off the undead. I cleared the river and took up my maces, leaving my clothing as I ran for the village and the safety of the massed armies. But nope, there were dozens more undead that had cut me off from all hope of escape. I was truly in danger. I brandished my maces as I chanted the one spell I knew would work. It encased me in an aura of light that undead would not venture too close to...at least it was supposed to work that way. It didn't slow them one bit. Spinning, I slammed the first zombie with my mace, it's head flying from its body to splat against the tree. Two more fell while I spun. Yet zombie must be burned to be destroyed fully, or hacked to pieces. I knew better than to cast a fire spell in the woods but I had no other recourse. “Forgive me, my brethren,” I said to the woods and cast a candle lighting spell that should have worked. The spell fizzled out as it struck. They were warded against fire! I was doomed, yet still I fought. There was nothing else I could do. Giving up was no option at all. My once limitless seeming energy was being sapped by the wraith's mere presence so I faltered and fell. I was surely going to die. “Luna elùstar, aa'mara mar stôtt,” I prayed and let Luna decide my fate. My sight grew dim, my senses blanketed in a nothingness that frightened me, yet I let my prayer run its course. Then the world was gone. I felt my life leaving me, my energy flowing from me.

Then the world regained its focus and I looked up at the full moon above. It had been day time...but now the night sky was my canopy...canopy? Where were the trees? I sat up slowly and looked around. All the trees for a hundred paces of me were gone...just gone. No life stirred save for me in the perfectly circular area. Trees were cleanly pruned of branches that intruded into that area. I got slowly to my feet and looked for the undead. Nothing was left of them either. That or they shambled on...no, there was nothing left. That sense of wrongness was gone from the woods. I looked for my maces but they were a mangled set of metal, useless for anything at all. My mind could not grasp what happened save that Luna had answered my prayer...somehow. It had been day, the time Her reign was weakest. Pain came to me then, sharp and abrupt. All the hits and scratches crashed home and I hissed in annoyance. Taking one last look around the new clearing, I trudged back to the river and the falls for my clothes and basic medicines. Might as well clean myself up as best as I can before heading back. My father, the Elders, and Jacob will be worried enough as it is, might as well give them one less reason to worry.

I washed in the falls and went to the shoal to wash my face one last time, but my reflection once again caught me by surprise. My face seemed different, more angular. Some undead drained the vitality of the person, so I could have literally had the life sucked out of me. But it was my eyes that held me. The blue was...bluer than I could ever recall, more vibrant and shining with some sort of inner light that still could not be masked by that look of contentment. The pupils of my eyes were lighter, not the same black of nearly all the species on the planet. They were more of a midnight blue now. Yet when I blinked they darkened back to black. “I am seeing things.” I finished washing and then dressed to walk back to the village. As I crossed into the clearing I saw a search party entering slowly, puzzled. Jacob and Jon were in the lead. Jacob unerringly looked right at me and pointed. “Yes, I'm alive,” I said before they could ask questions.

“What happened?” Jacob asked, wanting to hold me but daring not.

“Undead were in the woods. If you have not heard from the outlying posts they may have been sacked.” Jondal shivered and sent a prayer to Luna that it not be so. “I...I guess I did this.” I gestured to the clearing. “I was attacked and Luna answered my prayer.”

“Looks like a burn area without the burn,” Jon said and shook his head. Jacob squatted and picked up very fine ash. It drifted so slowly to the ground it was that weightless. “You seem to know something about this, Jacob, by the look in your eyes.”

“Zombie ash. Nothing more than expected.” Yet I could tell there was something he suspected. It was one more thing I had yet to learn about him when I figured I had his entire life story.

“Burn...the zombies were immune to my fire.” Jacob looked up sharply and then shared glances with the rest of the party. “And I felt them not until they were right behind me.” And I should have. It was part of being a Healer, sensing wrongness.

“We had better hurry back to the village.” Jon started at a slower pace than I thought necessary.

“We can go faster,” I chided.

“You look like you're a breath away from passing out, Kiven. Battles with undead are taxing at best.” I knew he had intimate knowledge of that, he'd battled a few vampires in his youth and came away alive which was saying something about his battle prowess.

I snorted and stalked ahead, making them keep up. Jacob loped along side of me easily. “You look well enough to me but don't let pride cloud your mind, Kiven. That's a bad failing in a warrior or healer. It's the hallmark stupidity of a dragon.” I looked at him sideways and then slowed my pace. He was right. I needed to do what I could to rest after this one...whatever had happened I was not as well as I should be.

“You three head back to the outposts to the north as fast as you can. The rest of you to the south and east.” The soldiers nodded to Jon's words and we were left alone. “Now what happened really?” he asked me, stopping in the middle of the woods where no one could approach without us knowing. This was a very typical Jon, to keep the most private things to himself.

“It is as I said. Perhaps Luna granted me access to the powers I have lacked for a short time and it sapped me. Either way those zombies were being controlled and masked by something far greater than I.” He searched my face for any sign I was lying but he found none.

“Then lets hurry back. Leader though you may be, the Elders must be told.” I nodded and we did hurry back. My father and the Elders would be told everything I could remember and my own assumptions as well. A black dragon foe, known to deal with the undead, and now undead in the very heart of the forest? They would see that as well.

And they knew even as we walked into the village what happened. I could see it in their faces. My father's became relieved as he saw me but it was replaced by concern as he saw the injuries. “We shall spare the details. How many?” he asked me.

“I know not. All I know is that wraiths were there as well as zombies, at least three score if not four.” Wraiths were bad news. “Any injured for me?”

“Many, but the other healers are tending them...and you as well.” I opened my mouth to protest but he locked that stern gaze on me and I swallowed hard before nodding. I may be leader now, but he was still my father. Seeing as I was not contesting this he nodded. “Thank you for not making an issue of this, Kiven. You look well enough save for some scratches, and I know you cleaned them, but have them looked over just in case.” Once again I nodded and Jacob and I slipped away while Jon was asked for his report.

My home was full and other healers bustled to and fro while I slipped in and into my private rooms before they could detain me. I was shocked to see they were occupied by Golden Wings and the Orren. Jacob saw the Orren and almost left, but seeing Golden Wings injured made him stop. I felt her reach for him magically and he sighed and stepped fully in. “I apologize for the liberties taken, Healer Kiven, but an injured dragon, even kin, is dangerous to others.”

I smiled and went to her side. “You are welcome here.” I ignored the fact that Orren had not met Jacob for he radiated wariness. I cast one of my few spells, a delving spell to search for injury, and found her wings badly damaged. “Undead?” I asked and the Orren nodded gravely.

“A lich. She fights bravely and she won, but it was a duel that left her forever grounded.” I had to agree with his assessment. She would never fly again without treatment and even then she may not. To hear of a lich, an undead sorcerer, in the woods was enough to make bile rise.

“I will do what I can for you,” I told her and she nodded, letting me know she trusted I would do just that. I knew I was depleted of energy, but I had to try. Her own reserves of energies were worse off than mine and I knew I would be feeling every injury more after this as I could not borrow hers.

“Take mine,” Jacob said and I looked at him in confusion. “I have untapped energy, you can have it if it will make her fly again.” I knew what he was offering and why. For the brief time she had guested in my home she was never in the way, always giving us space or a guard, and never once seemed to be put out or find the chore boring. She had won his trust and his respect.

I nodded and he knelt beside the bed. The Orren took one look at Jacob and his eyes widened before he opened his mouth to speak, but he grew still before shutting his mouth with a snap. I ignored it because I was looking inward for my own magics, the ones I used so rarely. Taking Jacob's hand, enjoying the simple touch of it, I looked at him and he nodded his own readiness. Placing my other hand on the delicate breast of Golden Wings, reveling in the heat she gave off, and let my mind soar upwards for guidance from Luna, my eyes drifting shut. I had asked only twice before for this guidance and both times She had granted my request. This time she more than granted it, She assisted me. I felt a well of energy from Jacob but it was a trickle compared to what I felt from within me as Luna answered my prayers for healing. My entire body glowed an incandescent light, I could see it even with my eyes closed, and I could feel her bones knitting, feel the muscles healing and forming stronger than before. The Orren gasped and Jacob squeezed my hand tighter to let me know it was working. It was so easy for me, this healing. It had always been but I was too scared of my own powers that I left them unused. Now though, I could feel everything. The Orren was a powerful being, the strongest I had ever felt. Unbridled energy contained within a shrewd mind and a generous and noble heart. He had centuries of wisdom, years of lessons learned and gained, and he had not hardened to reality like many of his own kin had.

Golden Wings was akin to the Orren but was only less than he because of size. That same wild force that oozed from him shimmered in her and I knew then what that feeling was...dragon blood. I could sense the blood in both, could even feel the other dragonkin around the area shared that same affinity. It was a chaotic surge of destruction kept within by sheer willpower. The lich must have been truly fearsome to lay this mighty beast low.

All I could feel from Jacob was love. It permeated the room, gushing forth from him like a sluice gate during flood season. It was a love so profound, so pure, that I wondered why I had not felt it before even with my duller senses. Goddess above he loved me so strongly my eyes flew open and I stared at him and the serene look in his eyes. There would never be anyone in his heart but me for I would never turn him away for anything. My own heart reflected that same level of love.

Then I felt the healing was complete and I lifted my hand. That sense fled but was not fully gone. I could feel all of them now more strongly than before and I sent my silent gratitude to Luna for this help and knowledge that I need not be afraid of my powers, just respect them. I leaned forward and kissed Jacob, still caught up in the spell of that eternal moment. The Orren just stood and left. I could hear him say to the other healers that Golden Wings did not want to be disturbed. “Orren...what was that energy?” I heard Healer Tansy ask.

“Your deity has taken a direct hand in the healing of the Queen. It was her direct intercession that you felt.” I smiled and chuckled as our lips parted.

“How far off is he?” Jacob asked quietly. Golden Wings flapped to my wardrobe and settled to rest for some of that energy had been her own. She did send her thanks to us before falling asleep. I remembered to ask for large amounts of meat for her in the morning.

“Not very if at all. I felt Her...she acted directly through me.” I could not even begin to describe what I felt in words, they all fell short.

“Has she ever...altered her clerics before...after a healing?” I looked at him in confusion and he raised my left hand. I looked at it to find the skin was leather tough and armored with small scales of moonlight white. I pulled off my shirt, more intrigued than scared or repulsed. The scales went up my arm and over my shoulder to trail off down my back and pectorals. My arm was the same shape, the same size, only the skin had been altered. Jacob searched my face for anything that said I was going to react.

“I have heard of this, actually.” He looked very shocked. “When healing a magical being of Golden Wings caliber there is a...transference of sorts. My energies were foreign to her so Luna...made a bridge of sorts. My teacher's mentor had a bird's tail from when she healed a phoenix.” I flexed my hand, noticing the nails were a jet black, but found nothing had changed. “So yes She has.”

“Oh. What happened to that teacher?” I shrugged and held up my hand to his face, stroking the scales against the stubble of his beard. His eyes fluttered shut and he gasped, leaning into the touch like he had never felt its equal. My sense of touch was no less than before but I knew that the scales would protect my arm better than the finest mail ever could.

“This doesn't bother you...I mean its dragon scales.”

He shook his head and brought my hand to his lips for a kiss. “Even if you turned fully into a dragon, Kiven, I would love you the same.” He grinned at me with that mischievous smile I loved. “I'm sure if I turned into a dragon you would run screaming.”

I giggled but shook my head. “I may avoid you during shedding season but I would love you the same.” That seemed to be a silly answer and he picked me up and put me in bed, my clothes somehow vanishing from my body to pile up on the other side of the room. My eyes never left his as he slowly removed his own clothing, teasing me with each new inch of bare flesh. Never would I find such a perfect being. Watching the play of his muscles under the tanned skin was a breathtaking sight I could lose myself in. Yet when I thought we would make love, he just held me as he slid in beside me. I felt this is what he needed tonight, and I knew it was what I wanted. He needed to know I was not lost to him as I could have been in the woods. It was perfect for the both of us as we drifted off to sleep.

 

* * *

 

I watched as the ground below me flew by. It had been centuries since I felt the wind in my wings and now that the cursed wizard was dead I could exact my revenge on all those who put me in that hellspawned prison. My blood boiled in anger as I knew, somewhere out there, was the one last threat to my dominion over this planet. Had my spell worked? Had that accursed Red been trapped for eternity? If not I would deal with him as well...and even if so I would destroy him.

Ah...lunch!

Swoop down to snatch up some cattle, letting out my acid breath to scare this little town into submission...how I have missed this! The screams of frightened children...

 

* * *

 

I sat up quickly and gasped. “What?” Jacob asked as he opened his eyes.

“He's moving,” was all I said and looked at him. It was not fully dawn yet.

“Who...” he asked and I saw his eyes simmer as he read it in my features. A deep rumble of a growl issued from his chest. “Where?”

I closed my eyes an concentrated. It had been a dream but I never dreamed like this. I racked my brain for the slightest detail I could see for a direction. “North, past the Tiradel Pass and into Chorindel. A journey of six days. He's...settled by a village.” I opened my eyes to see Jacob getting dressed. There was no need to ask what he was doing. I flung back the covers and roused Golden Wings. “Beautiful One, could you contact the Orren and ask him to alert the Elders that Ingalome'stracazillio is moving south?” She stirred and nodded, the message sent instantly. “Thank you.” I spun to grab my clothes and armor. Clothes I found but armor I did not.

“You'll need these,” Jon said as he came in. He gaped at my arm as I took the items in his hands. New armor, dwarven forged in the Elven style and fitted to mine and Jacob's frames. Also a new set of maces that tingled my entire arm as I touched them. “Kiven...”

“Talk later, dress now. Get Flora and tell her we leave now.” Jon nodded and left at a run, the healers chastising him for disturbing the patients. We dressed quickly, assisting when needed although the armor almost slid onto our bodies. Seeing him in that armor, after knowing every inch of his body, was something a bit more sexy. It hid what I wanted to see.

Two packs were tossed onto the bed and Flora nodded. “Your Father knows what we're doing and he says you must remember your duty to the people.”

“I do remember it. To all peoples. Jacob must kill Ingalome'stracazillio and I must be there to heal him. There is no better healer.” She looked at me closely. My arm was bare for her scrutiny.

“I guess not. You picked one hell of a time to come into your powers.” I grinned as I slipped my maces into the loops at my belt. “You know he won't be happy.”

“Like that ever really stopped me before,” I said seriously and left my room, Jacob's mail clad self following silently. Hard when he was wearing chainmail, but I knew that no magic was spared in the crafting of these armors. The healers stared as we filed past, Golden Wings flying to land on my scaled shoulder. “Coming?” She nodded vehemently. “Good. Discuss magic with Flora, please. She's good, but you're better.” As we left my home I felt the astonishment of the injured elves and dwarves. None had ever seen me in full armor and seeing the beast of a man I loved walk out when no one knew we were in there made it very comical and I would have laughed had my mind not been occupied. Jon fell in step as we went to the gating site.

My Father was waiting there for me. “Kiven, this is suicide.”

“Yes, it is, but I'm not leaving Jacob to fight that dragon alone. He'll need a healer and another fighter. Two mages will help too. This is my duty, Father. To all the peoples that are here for this. I must do my duty and protect him.”

There was a moment of silence. “Then so be it. Who is your second healer?”

“Tansy. She'll lead should I fall.” I stepped forward and embraced my father for the first time in a long time. He felt the scales on my arm and flinched, knowing that my powers had come to me. “Father, know that I love you. I will not go down easily, but know that when this is over I will not be coming home.” He stiffened. I was whispering. “I love Jacob, Father, and I will be with him as long as he lives.” There was a shudder as he processed my words and I pulled away to see the one thing I knew would be there. He was revolted by this. The moment those words left my mouth I ceased being his son.

“So be it,” he said after a moment. “You have chosen your path, now you must walk it. Go with Luna, Kiven. May she guide your steps.” Those few nearby seemed uncertain because my father's words, while formal, were incomplete. Normally he should have named my lineage and wished those steps to be guided safely home.

I heard it loud and clear. “And may Luna guide your steps until you are taken into Her embrace.” There was a small collective gasp because I had essentially told him he could die for all I cared. I did care, but that look pained me more than I would ever let him know. Watching him struggle with the anger that flashed was a small, petty joy. “Flora, we leave.” She nodded after saying her own farewells to her father.

I grimaced when a few more forms came forward dressed for battle and travel. One was the Orren and I knew Jacob would not sleep comfortably with him around, although I will say his presence was a good thing to me. This way one of us could take the battle to the air should the fell Ingalome'stracazillio fly. The other I was almost going to kill on sight. A night elf had come, her ebon skin and black robes too dark even for my mood. “I am coming, healer,” she said with finality. “It's that or you take my sister and she would slit your throat while you sleep.”

I closed my eyes and prayed for guidance, Flora just finishing the portal spell. There came a small feeling of fondness from Her and I sighed. “Very well, priestess. I hope that we can travel peacefully together.” My words were what the journey would be. Tight, controlled, and telling her bluntly I trusted her about as much as I loved my father right then: not one whit. This priestess, cleric of her foul deity, would bear watching. “Orren, I must ask why you come.”

“I come because she asked me to.” He gestured to Golden Wings and Jacob looked at her like he wanted to knock her off my shoulder...gently. “Since I require far less sleep than you I will act as guardian during the wee hours when normal guards long for sleep.”

Jacob nodded curtly and said nothing. “Then welcome. Are we ready Flora?”

“Yes. I have put us down a few hours march from the town. Hopefully he won't sense us.”

“Good luck with that,” Jacob said so softly I think I was the only one who heard him. He did not underestimate the wyrm at all.

We hitched our packs higher and marched through the portal. I did not look back at all, knowing there was nothing there I would want to see. I would miss my people, but my destiny was no longer with the Elves.

 

It was the dead of night when we made it to the town and Ingalome'stracazillio was absent. Blacks had the worst night vision according to Jacob and the Orren seconded that. This close to the town I could sense there was not much in the way of livestock left alive and the people were injured and far fewer in numbers than would be in a village of this size. “We need to assess the damage here before we confront the beast. If he has drained this place and will soon move on we need to know.” Jacob's words were greeted by a round of nods. “Priestess, can you either stay out of the way or disguise yourself? We do not need panic.”

I was surprised when she nodded without the expected vileness of her race. “Despite what some here think of me I do not serve the Spider Queen.” She looked skyward and smiled. “Drow I am but the Moon Goddess is for me and I for her.”

My jaw dropped. I had heard there were some drow who kept the old ways before the were forced underground by the goodly races of the surface but I thought them just a myth to keep up childish hopes that one day we would all be one people again. I knew the Lady of Chaos would never allow one of her own to even say this in jest. “My apologies, priestess. I will do my best to put aside my thoughts concerning your race as they pertain to you.”

“Very wise to not include the rest of my race, Healer. I shall cloak myself.” Her form shimmered and she stood there as a surface elf in coloration but still the sharper features of the night elves said she was not a person to cross. “Your power for healing are greater than my own, Healer, so I will do what I can to spare those for the final confrontation.”

I was about to agree when Jacob stepped forward. “He may use my energies. He has before and he may again. While I may be the youngest here, I will not drain any one person when the work must be shared. Please fan out and find those few that may be left.” I smiled to myself when I realized that in the village I had assumed command in our relationship. Out here, he was showing his natural leadership role and I let him because I did not like to lead.

Twenty people out of forty were still alive and only the small children were healthy. Healing went swiftly with so few that I did not even need Jacob's energy. He fetched water along with the Orren while Flora and Golden Wings set up some alert spells to give us a few precious moments' notice should the wyrm return. I was finishing up with an injured expectant mother when a child came over to me and tugged on my sleeve. “Yes, youngling?” I asked and got a somewhat hesitant smile.

“Es'cuse me, mister Elf, but there is a messager for you.” I nodded and finished with the woman before following. The Orren had something held off the ground by the scruff of its neck and when I realized it was a goblin I was glad Jacob was inside.

“Thank you, youngling. Now run inside and see if your mama needs anything.” The child did just that and I turned my most baleful gaze on the goblin. It started to shiver. “Deliver your message, cretin and I may let you live long enough to have a head start before I get the bathwater.”

“I comes from the Great Wyrm with a message fer yas. His Mightiness says to come to his lair and brings the human and the Woodses shall be spared another attack.” I looked at the Orren whose face was impassive but grim set.

We were headed that way anyway and the sooner we could get this done the sooner we could either kill the monster or injure it enough to buy the races some time before we die. “I shall bring the human. Where is the lair?” The goblin's rush of words were too much and I held up a hand. “Orren could you retrieve the information I seek? If not I believe the drow priestess would love to get her claws on this one.” Mentioning the drow was a sure way to put fear into the gob and break down any mental resistance the Orren may find. Plus it was a petty joy to listen to the goblin whimpering before he passed out from fear.

“You have changed from the child I met.”

“My life has changed since then, Orren. The sooner started is the sooner finished and I want that wyrm back in whatever prison we can lock him in and free that red. Maybe he would be a bit more tractable to stay hidden or some other solution. We need the dragons to survive as a world. The kin aren't up to taking their place.”

The Orren nodded with a smile. “That would make us Orren the top of the chain and we're scholars not monsters...unless angered of course. I shall get the information you seek.” I patted his shoulder and went back inside.

Jacob stood in the doorway with a serious look on his face. “You would negotiate with the Red?” He seemed so surprised.

“I would try. Blacks may be the meanest but reds are the worst for temper. I would rather try to keep him somewhat agreeable to another long term of peace than not.” I could not fathom the look of incredulous wonder splayed across his face. “Look, Jacob, I know you hate dragons and with very good reason. They murdered your family and left you all alone until you met me.” His face hardened and I saw the ghosts of his memories rising up and I took his hand. “My love, I know what that hatred does to you. Look at how I am still having to catch myself when thinking about drow. They came to help and I still hate them for less reason than you despise dragons.” My eye looked at the priestess. “Yet there sits one who worships the same goddess as I if by a different name.”

“You don't know this red.” He turned his face away as if ashamed to show the raw emotions on it. “He was just as bad from what the tales tell.”

I placed a single finger to his chin and turned it back. “You're right I don't, and I don't know the tales, yet there is always a chance for every creature to possess some sort of compassion and gratitude for doing something that benefits them. I don't know dragons as well as you seem to, but I hold out hope that this one will be a better choice than that Black.” I stared into his eyes and he looked right back. There would be a long healing process for him if we survived this, one that I yearned to help with.

“Pray to your Goddess that the hope does not wane.” I smiled and kissed his cheek. “Rest, my dear one. You'll need it.” I nodded and went to the room one of the families had let us use for the time we were here. It had a single bed that would not fit the both of us. It would not even fit Jacob truth be told. Yet I was no green adventurer, and I needed less sleep than he did. “Take the bed, love.” I smiled over my shoulder at Jacob. He knew what I had been thinking.

“As you say.”

Sometime a bit later I woke to hear voices just outside the room's only small window which was shuttered against the chill of the night. “You are no different at the core, Jacob.” The Orren was talking to Jacob. “Still the same selfish child I knew those many years ago.”

“You truly think I am unchanged? I have had years to reflect on why this all happened. Vanity and pride landed me in this mess, but I believe I have learned a lot about not letting those get the best of me.”

“On the surface, I see that plainly. But deep within, under this skin, lies that same brat I use to mind.” The Orren's voice seemed gently reprimanding but full of fondness. Was I hearing this correctly? Did they know each other from years ago?

“Maybe,” said Jacob plainly. “I don't know what will happen when this is all over. I don't know who I will be...and whether Kiven will still want to be with me. I know he loves me, I feel it in every fiber of my being, but could he still love me when this is done?”

“Then tell him child. That elf is the most open I have ever seen for his hide bound race.” I grinned slightly. Elves were known to be stubborn and I could be as bad. “He is amber among the rest of the saps from the woods.”

“But this? Krillian'Orr, this may be too much even for him.” I had never heard Jacob's voice sound so lost. “By Bahamut, Krillian'Orr, if he rejects me I will have wished for death all the harder long before this.”

I heard a loud slapping sound and Jacob grunted. “You will not say such things. You are grown now and not some mewling baby. Yes you love him deeper than you have ever loved anyone other than yourself. Have you noticed he has changed for you?” There was a small pause and then a sort of grunt. “What other elf sleeps? Or wakes groggy? Do they have dreamless sleep?” Come to think of it I had been dreaming a lot less and still I was surprised I woke on my side or even my stomach more often than flat on my back. The grogginess seemed to be far less than that first night in the cabin, but still I sometimes woke feeling more tired than when I went to bed. “If you have not noticed then you are blind. Even I see it in him. He used the Song tonight, Jacob! I saw the destruction in the forest he caused. Those are impossible to refute.”

“But there is that last test.”

The Orren chuckled. “That is one thing I can feel in my heart of hearts. He will not reject you after this, be ye alive or dead.” I nodded vehemently to myself. I would leave Jacob for no reason other than him asking it of me. “Go rest, child. We never had this talk and I never saw you being a worried little hatchling.”

“You always were a pain, Krill.” There was fondness there too! They did know each other. And since Jacob was a youth.

“And you were ever my brightest pupil, Jacorro'.” They parted ways then and I waited until Jacob entered the room and then sat up to look at him. I could see his face clearly, far clearer than ever before. He looked lost in thought until he realized I was up.

“How much did you hear?”

“Not the entire thing. Only that you and the Orren knew each other when you were young.” I left out the fact about him feeling I would reject him. I wouldn't. “Is that what he wanted you to tell me? It is nothing to keep secret.”

“I...didn't want to be a hypocrite.” I chuckled and stood to cross the small space to his arms. “All dragons or none, even my former teacher.” He was looking back into his memories to a happier time and I just held him. “He has always been so infuriatingly smart, and noble to a fault. All his kind are.”

My hands toyed with his waist and I realized how far we had come together. When we first met our passions were frequent and fiery. They were still as heated but less often now since we had grown to know each other deeper than mere physicality. We didn't feel the need to couple every day three or four times. Yet I knew this would be the last night we might have together. We went after the wyrm soon and I would want this one last night of this grand passion should I die tomorrow. My hands seemed to break through to his mind and I could feel him rising. He smiled down at me and I helped him from his clothing. “We must be quiet.”

“Not this time.” We spun to see Jon standing there with his arms crossed and smirking. “I figured I would catch the two of you like this. Wondered why we never got around to that event.” I know heat rose to my face. “And a certain dragon queen has silenced this room for the rest of the night.” Jon came forward when Jacob beckoned, his light sleeping robe falling to the floor to reveal his tightly muscled frame and full erection.

“I think he's been waiting long enough, don't you, Kiven?” Jacob helped me out of what little I was wearing.

“No, I think he should sit down and wait his turn.” Jon's expression was almost one of anger until he realized I wanted him to watch, to build the feeling of excitement until he could no longer stand it and rushed to join us in a frenzy of lust. Then, and only then, would Jacob know why Jon was all the lover I had ever really needed until he came along to steal my heart. Then Jon would be too far from caution to let his brain tell him to stop when Jacob penetrated his bottom. “Sit there and no touching,” I said to Jon and pointed to the smallish chair. He went and sat with his arms crossed as if in a pout. I knew he did that to avoid doing what he wanted which was the release. Turning my attention back to the man I love I pulled him down for a soft kiss, something I would never get enough of. All that power, all that unbridled passion controlled for gentle caresses and kisses.

My scaled arm glittered in the not light of the room, catching every ounce of moonlight and seeming to absorb it and then glow with it. It cast eerie shadows on Jacob's face but it cast more than enough light to see his eyes were fluttering from some emotion he had not experienced in a long time. Powerful love and lust mixed with utter revulsion. Dragon scales touched him but he was loving it and hating it at the same time...the ultimate taboo. He leaned into my touch and sighed. I could feel his skin quiver as I traced my hands up his bare chest and I heard two gasps from my two men. Jon was watching but could not even give himself physical pleasure, Jacob's full and turgid erection was larger than I had ever seen it. “Kiven, are you trying to makes this last or tease me?”

“Can't it be a bit of both?” I asked as I kissed my way to his jaw and throat. I wanted to see just how far I could push both until they cracked and did what they truly wanted to. My touch, though soft, had my new claws scratching along Jacob's furry chest and he groaned and looked at me like he would either throttle me or ravage me. My returning smile was one of open challenge. "Does it excite you to feel my arm and hand, knowing what it is?"

"Kiven, were I not so in love with you I would remove that arm." His growl was deep and throaty but I could see that he meant every word. He lifted me bodily and impaled me on his member and I cried out in pained joy, shocked that he had not even prepared me and glad he was close to his point of no return. He bounced me on that huge rod and pulled my face close to his. "But if you stop touching me with that arm I will not speak to you ever again." Savagely he kissed me and I moaned. He had never been this forceful and Goddess above I was loving it! I dug my claws into his back and he growled even louder and I swear I could here a dragon chuckling from somewhere nearby.

"Is this the best you can do? Jon has done it deeper and harder than this." Jon's eyes were glued to us and Jacob spun me around in mid air, his member never leaving my bottom, and then nearly slamming me to the ground with himself atop me, every inch possible deeper in me than ever before. I cried out and thrust my strong hips back to meet every stroke. Jacob was merciless and I wondered if I was able to keep up. Faster and faster, harder and harder he thrust into my hole and I loved it. I loved him so much.

Then I could hear something so distinct I wondered how it had lasted this long. Jon was squirming in the chair and he knuckles were cracking in effort to not touch himself. "By the Goddess, Kiven, I am not going to be responsible for what I do to you."

Jacob buried it deeper in me and held it there, making me gasp. I could almost see it from Jon's eyes. Looking from across the room at Jacob's round and muscular bottom as it flexed to dig him deeper into me, those tree trunk legs supporting him as his arms were wrapped firmly around me, how my hole stretched to epic proportions to accommodate him. It was driving him mad, so I decided to make him react. I bucked and tossed a surprised Jacob off me and hiked my bottom into the air. It was all the invitation Jon needed and I felt his familiar member slam deep into my bowels. I was driven back to the floor as Jon clamped onto my shoulder with his teeth...I love it when he does that. I had almost forgotten how much I loved Jon doing just this to me. As I locked eye with Jacob he looked a bit out of sorts until I flicked my gaze back to Jon's waiting bottom. The look he got was something like he finally got what I had been planning all along and loved me all the more for the not so subtle way I had engineered this to happen. He needed no other prompting.

Jacob stood over Jon and me And waited for Jon's slow but powerful pounding to open those tight cheeks, then he dove in. With his tongue. Jon's cry of surprise was nothing compared to the feel of him clamping down tighter with his teeth. He could not keep up his pistoning and get that fabulous feeling at the same time so, he just stayed halfway in me and let Jacob do whatever he wanted. "So tasty, Jon," said my beloved and I could only agree although we had never done this together.

"Jon, does that feel good?" He moaned and whimpered and I took that for a yes. "Want to feel something better?" He nodded, he teeth finally breaking skin. "Then let us do this right." I turned over, forcing Jon to release my shoulder but stay inside me. I pulled him into a savage kiss while Jacob repositioned above him. Jon knew what was going to happen but he didn't care. Not any more. I wondered how Jacob was going to treat this. Easy and slow like most needed, or fast and hard to get it over with quickly? Fast and hard by the scream Jon let out and the sudden weight of both atop me. That scream was not fully one of pain, not with with the way his eyes rolled back and up into his head.

"The big warrior is a strong one to take such a wound," Jacob said, playing to his pride and letting Jon know he was going to really get it. Slipping out from under, I crawled over to watch what I knew I would never see again. I had never fully penetrated that bottom, but Jacob had most of himself up there. "Are you ready?" Jon looked back with a red face and nodded.

I am unable to describe the scene. Mere words escape me. It was an earthquake fighting with a raging fire on the plains, a tidal wave battling a thunderstorm. Jacob was giving just below his all, knowing to do his best he would honestly hurt Jon, but Jon was begging him to show him how big the human was, to prove he could take anything Jacob could give him. There was no way Jon could take it all, there was not enough room inside to do it. Yet he begged to have more and Jacob did his best to give him more without injury. In and out, up and down. Twice I heard the telltale slap of flesh and Jacob thrust it all inside and each time Jon screamed in honest pain, but he did not relent. He would not admit defeat from something so minor as something nearly a foot long being thrust into him.

Watching Jon push up on to all fours was amazing. Jacob never let up but Jon's body wanted this too badly and he was up within a minute. My beloved just grabbed him by the hips and drove in. This new angle was perfect and Jacob was all the way in and Jon's climax hit like an arrow. He stopped breathing while his essence was spilled all over the floor. Far more than ever before, I watched spurt after spurt fly from Jon and I wish I still be under there to catch it all. Jacob slowed and looked at me with a nod as he pulled out gently, making Jondal hiss. But his bottom was invaded by my own rod and Jon looked back with something new in his eyes. There had always been closeness and friendship, but he was grateful. To me and to Jacob. I was touched by that look and slid in slowly and gently, finally feeling those depths I had ever been denied from fear. "Kiven, go easy."

"I will Jon. There never was a need for posturing between us." He smiled and rolled onto his side, taking me with him and I wrapped my arms around him. I felt a splash of minor magics and saw Jacob was cleaning himself before placing his member at Jon's mouth. "Go easy on his mouth, Jacob. He's not use to you." Jon's smile was almost challenging but Jacob nodded, leaning down to give Jon a sensual kiss before replacing his pole in Jon's mouth. He did nothing at all, just let my former lover do as he wished. Then Jacob almost lost his stability as he felt Jon's wondrous mouth, the one he had been using on me for the better part of a century. He could handle some size and what he could not handle did not matter because that tongue was better than anything. My hips were rolling, my phallus sliding in and out of his rump, and I swear I knew it would hit soon because Jacob's face was pure bliss.

"I thought you were good, Kiven. Gods above I don't think I can last."

"I can't." Thus saying I lost my hold and emptied my seed into Jon for the first time ever. I cannot believe I was here with my two men. I groaned which pushed Jacob over his own edge, Jon eagerly lapping up all the fluids he could and not missing a drop.

All three of us spent, we fell asleep there on the floor in a tangle of limbs. Tomorrow would be something new. Tomorrow would be the dawning of the rest of my life...or the last of it. Tonight I had forever, entwined with the men I loved. Tomorrow...we faced a dragon.

Copyright © 2014 Fantasyboy69; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
  • Love 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Beginning to wonder if Jacob is not the Red dragon imprisoned in a human body; have to say this is not the first time I considered this but getting serious about it now.  The ending was very hot...

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..