Jump to content
    faxity
  • Author
  • 713 Words
  • 2,088 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Perfect Can't Endure - 2. Sunday

Yet another short chapter sceptic.gif The next one's longer, I promise XD

I woke up to a change in Asher’s breathing, and he looked amazed.

“How do you always do that?” he asked.

“What?” I asked, my mind still bleary from sleep.

“You always know when I’m awake, and you wake up whenever I do,” he accused. “I’ve only ever seen you sleeping twice.”

I laughed. “Sorry,” I said. “I just listen to your breathing. It helps me sleep, and I guess when it changes it wakes me up.”

“Fine,” Asher said, grinning. “I’ll just stay up later so I can see you sleeping, then.”

I grimaced. “I don’t think that’ll work,” I told him. “It’s your breathing as you sleep that lets me drift off. I never used to sleep much, before I started sleeping with you.”

“Then we’ll just always sleep together,” Asher said, grinning.

I grinned back. “That sounds perfect,” I told him, before getting serious again. “Tommy would figure us out soon, though, and that brings us to the question of who we should tell."

Asher looked uncomfortable. “I don’t really want to tell anyone,” he said. “It’s not that I’m not proud of having you as my boyfriend,” his eyes proved that to me as he said it, glowing with happiness, “It’s just that I’m not ready to come out yet.”

I nodded. “I’m not ready either,” I said, “But I think we should think about telling certain people anyway. If they’re likely to figure us out soon anyway, it’ll go better if they hear it from us.”

Asher nodded, understanding. “I don’t think we need to tell anyone but Tommy, then,” he said.

“Yeah,” I agreed. “I’ll talk to him about it if it would make you uncomfortable, but I don’t think he’ll freak out very much. I don’t know his opinion on any of this, but he’s really chill about everything. I think he’d be a good person to start off with.”

Asher nodded, nervous. “I’m still a little bit scared,” he admitted.

“I am too,” I said, hugging him closer to me. “This is all a bit scary.”

He nodded once, and then again, more firmly. “I think we should go home today,” he said. “I don’t want this hanging over us for any longer than it has to.”

I nodded, but didn’t let go of him yet. “Just please… please promise me we won’t let this get between us,” I begged.

He nodded, and wrapped his arms around my chest, kissing me. “We won’t let anything get between us,” he promised, and we held each other for a minute more before starting to pack up. We walked quickly, to Bear’s delight, and we made it over the hill and back to the canoe by two. We pushed ourselves, trying to get home before dark, but it was too far. We’d made it halfway back by the time the sun disappeared behind the horizon, and we decided to keep going. We paddled into the night, and ended up arriving at two in the morning. We put everything away, keeping Martha and Bernie’s supplies separate so we could bring them back tomorrow, and went downstairs.

“We can tell Tommy tomorrow morning,” I said. “Do you want to be there, or should I take you home first?”

He shook his head. “I’ll be there,” he promised. I smiled at him, and led him into the sauna. We cuddled together on the bench in our boxers, letting the heat relax us, before going to bed. We cuddled again, comforting each other about what would happen in the morning.

“I think Tommy will be OK with it,” I told him again. I think I’d said that around twenty times by now, trying to convince myself. Asher nodded, like he had every other time I’d said it, and hugged me closer to him.

“We’ll be fine,” he told me. “Don’t worry.”

I nodded, kissing him on the forehead, and I felt a yawn coming on.

“Looks like you’ll get your wish,” I told him, smiling sleepily, before my eyes closed over.

I felt him kiss me gently, and I could feel the happy smile on his face. It was the last thing I felt before sleep claimed me, and I can’t think of anything that would have made me happier.

If you like the story, you should check out the picture Rano painted of Ben and Asher! It's really good, and he nailed how I imagined them looking, so if anyone's interested in what I was trying to convey when I described them, it's there. He included an awesome poem, too. I'm not entirely sure if I can post links here, but I'll do it anyway, just in case it works. His other work is really good too, so if you haven't already then you should look at it XD. Thanks again Rano!
http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/gallery/image/10281-degrees-of-comparison/
Copyright © 2014 faxity; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 20
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Yeah the picture is beautiful - the boys are so cute. :P

 

I think Tommy will be fine with A&B coming out. He does seem really chill.

 

And as I've said before, in the first story, I have a feeling Martha and Bernie already know about Asher - that's why they were pushing for him and Ben to become friends.

Link to comment
On 08/31/2014 04:42 PM, Lisa said:
Yeah the picture is beautiful - the boys are so cute. :P

 

I think Tommy will be fine with A&B coming out. He does seem really chill.

 

And as I've said before, in the first story, I have a feeling Martha and Bernie already know about Asher - that's why they were pushing for him and Ben to become friends.

I know :) I absolutely love that picture lol it just captures them so well!

I don't want to spoil the story for you, but I will say it's all revealed next chapter XD (plus there's more Fiona lol)

I've been thinking since you mentioned Tommy's availability, and I'm liking the idea of Tommy finding somebody more and more XD I'm still not decided, so this isn't a spoiler, but he'll definitely be playing a bigger part in the story from here on either way (I like him more the more I write). I just wanted to let you know because you were the one that got me onto the topic XD Thanks!

Link to comment

Your comment reassures me that Tommy's going to be fine with it, but I was worried that he wouldn't. My experience is that you can never tell. The most surprising people are quite accepting and the most surprising people are complete assholes. There's no way of knowing unless you've been able to broach the subject in some round about way to get them to make some indication of where they stand. My heart is still in my mouth for the next step though! Loving the story and the relationship. Certainly gets my romance ticker going!

Link to comment
On 09/01/2014 02:54 AM, Jaro_423 said:
Your comment reassures me that Tommy's going to be fine with it, but I was worried that he wouldn't. My experience is that you can never tell. The most surprising people are quite accepting and the most surprising people are complete assholes. There's no way of knowing unless you've been able to broach the subject in some round about way to get them to make some indication of where they stand. My heart is still in my mouth for the next step though! Loving the story and the relationship. Certainly gets my romance ticker going!
Yeah XD it surprises me how many people freak about what other people do with their genitals :/ lol. At least all you have to do to learn someone's opinion now is check their facebook or wait until 'Same Love' by Macklemore comes on the radio and comment on it XD

It's good to hear you're liking it, and thanks for all your reviews!

Link to comment
On 10/08/2014 01:49 PM, Headstall said:
I am enjoying the continuing story...cheers...Gary
Thanks Gary! :)
Link to comment
On 10/14/2014 05:38 AM, Ray169 said:
great why are the chapters so small?? quickies are supposed to be for sex.
haha yeah, the chapters are day by day, so I had to have some uneventful days :/ longer ones are ahead, though :)

...I laughed out loud at 'quickies are supposed to be for sex' :lol:

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..