Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Blind Dates - 6. Epilogue - What's Next

Epilogue - What’s Next

 

“Nathan?” Stephen answered his cell before looking at his caller ID.

 

Unfortunately for him, the voice that came from the other end wasn’t the one he had expected. “Sorry, it’s just me!” Meghan jokingly said. “Expecting a call?”

 

“Well, not really expecting, maybe more hoping for it.”

 

It had already been a little more than two hours since they had part ways, which meant that the swim class he was giving should already have ended for a while now. Since he had left it in the hands of Nathan to contact him again, Stephen was hoping to hear back from him rapidly so that he could be around him.

 

“I guess you really hit it off with Nate then!” Meghan commented.

 

“I guess you could say that.”

 

“So tell me, what happened last night in your room.”

 

“I don’t kiss and tell, you know that.”

 

“Umm, no, you don't, but, normally you would have already told me all he details by now.”

 

Stephen laughed. “Ya, it’s true that I also don’t have sex and shut up, but this time around I’ll have to control myself, he’s your roommate!”

 

“A mutual exchange of information?”

 

“I’ll say this much, alright, don’t be surprised if he’s walking funny!” Stephen said. It’s a good thing that she wasn’t in the same room as him as he was dangerously blushing as he was saying it.

 

She stopped him there. “Alright, I already have more images in my head than what I wanted!”

 

“Hey, you asked for it!”

 

“I know, I know! I didn’t meant all the crude details, I wanted to know in general, how was he. You know, what you guys would qualify as ‘girl talk’.”

 

“Oh geez!” Stephen was starting to wonder what he had gotten himself into, but decided to share what she wanted to hear. “I don’t know what to say, he’s a great guy! He’s got a great body, he’s sensual and, he might just be the best I've had.... Is that enough information for you?”

 

“Mmh, yeah, I’d say so,” she replied. Meghan didn’t wait to be asked before spilling the beans. “Well, Matt’s really hot too, you wouldn’t necessarily have guessed it from talking to him, in bed, he’s really really sweat and gentle.”

 

“So, the million dollar question, will you see him again?” Stephen quizzed her.

 

“Yeah, we already planned a dinner Tuesday night, we’re going to the restaurant. I'd thought he'd already have told you so."

 

"Yes, we texted before you called and he did tell me. It's really nice that you guys will see each other again."

 

“How about you, you intend on seeing him again?”

 

“I sure hope so; unfortunately, it's not up to me. Before he arrived to work I asked him if he wanted to see me again when he’d be done. He didn’t want to; he told me that he had other things to do. I told him that I'd be waiting to hear back from him, and he said that he would get back to me. So, there I am, just waiting around.”

 

Meghan tried to reassure him. “Don’t worry about it, I know him well enough, he’ll call you, you haven’t seen the last of him.”

 

“I know, it’s just, I don’t know, I kinda hoped that he could come back and that we could spend some more time together this afternoon.”

 

“Awww, I’m sorry, but like I said, don’t worry about it.”

 

“Bah, it’s alright.”

 

“So, tell me, has Matt said anything to you about last night or about me?”

 

“Nothing really, we haven’t really said much altogether. But he does sound like he’s looking forward seeing you again,” Stephen said before the doorbell rang. “Meghan, I’ll have to call you back, someone’s at the door. Alright?”

 

“Alright, talk to you soon.”

 

Before he could come to the door, the person was already knocking at the door. Stephen had a big surprise when he realized that Nathan was there standing at his doorstep.

 

“Nate! What… what are you doing here?” Stephen said, his face still brightened by the visit he had.

 

“I needed to talk to you face to face.”

 

“Well, don’t stay there, come in!” Stephen immediately invited him in, wondering what was so important. He helped Nathan at taking off his coat.

 

“You took the bus coming back here?” Stephen asked as they were sitting down in the living room.

 

“Nah! You know the brothers I was teaching to, well their dad offered me a ride, and since they were going to the Champlain Mall, I went with them.”

 

“Ah, you could have texted me, I would have met you there!”

 

“Well, I wanted to be alone a little and think,” Nathan said keeping a stern expression.

 

By that point, Stephen was getting worried. He asked, “About what? What’s wrong?”

 

“Before I can even think about being involved with you, I need to know something.” Nathan started to ask with emotion building up in him.

 

“Anything, what is it?”

 

“I need to know that you won’t end up breaking up with me and hurting me. That you don’t just have your fun before leaving me.”

 

Stephen came closer to the blond boy to look at him deep into his eyes and declared, “Ahh, sweetie, I won’t lie to you and tell you that we will always be together, we just can’t know at this point. What I can tell you however is that you would have a hard time pushing me away if you want to get rid of me, because I do want you to become my boyfriend.”

 

“I want to know everything that I need to know about you. I want you to become my boyfriend.” Nathan smiled and kissed him.

 

Stephen couldn’t say if Nathan would always be by his side in months’ time, but he knew that their chances of ending up together were good.

 
span style="font-family:Courier New,Courier,monospace;">If you enjoyed the chapter, don't hesitate to make yourself heard (Like, review, comment in my forum, PM, etc) by any means you deem fit!

I want to give a special thanks to MJ85 for the great editing job he has done. I will also take the time to thank Joann for the quick beta read she has made. Finally, to Moonwolf for the beta job on the text and for always be there for me!

Copyright © 2013 FrenchCanadian; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

UGH TOO SHORT. IM SAD. THAT WASN'T AS HAPPY AS....! ughhh );

 

poor nathan. he must have been hurt back then. <3 <3

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I liked the story (this is my second read), but it ended rather abruptly, which was a bit disappointing. Did you get bored with it ? I think you should rewrite chapter 6 and let the story expad to a few more chapters, because we'd like to know more about all four.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/28/2013 04:26 AM, Timothy M. said:
I liked the story (this is my second read), but it ended rather abruptly, which was a bit disappointing. Did you get bored with it ? I think you should rewrite chapter 6 and let the story expad to a few more chapters, because we'd like to know more about all four.
It does end up without much closure... there is a follow up story that is in the inception phase that will bring back to a few months after the end of this one

 

Thank you for your comments

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hey, well done for the story. Thanks for writing!

I agree that the ending was too abrupt. So much more that could have been got out of this. More conflict, misunderstanding, etc built in to the relationship angle. And more detail of description to add to character and atmosphere.

The sex aspect is good. Amazing that these folk are so incredibly comfortable in their nakedness with each other, even where there's no intimacy. It's a bit like a nudist camp!

I think you show great potential and that you were brave to get in there and submit a story. Well done!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/12/2014 06:18 PM, Jaro_423 said:
Hey, well done for the story. Thanks for writing!

I agree that the ending was too abrupt. So much more that could have been got out of this. More conflict, misunderstanding, etc built in to the relationship angle. And more detail of description to add to character and atmosphere.

The sex aspect is good. Amazing that these folk are so incredibly comfortable in their nakedness with each other, even where there's no intimacy. It's a bit like a nudist camp!

I think you show great potential and that you were brave to get in there and submit a story. Well done!

Hello Jaro! thanks for your comments, i'm currently working on a different story, but right after I finish, I'll be working on a second part to Blind dates. I do have many things in mind for relationship issues and conflicts for both couple.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..