Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

To See You - 7. Chapter 7

As Andrew lay in bed, he waited for Jamie to get online. His computer still open, Andrew was ready to answer Jamie the moment he got online. Andrew knew full well that until Jamie got online there was little chance he’d manage to get to sleep. He certainly thought about calling him again, in fact, he was holding his cell and nearly called him again several times, but didn’t since he had talked to him earlier.

It was late when Jamie finally got online. In fact, it was almost midnight when Andrew more or less jumped off the bed to get to his computer to answer the ring.

“Hey sweetie!” Andrew said with a warm smile.

Andrew’s smile wasn’t contagious enough though as Jamie looked sternly at Andrew and said “Hey, you’re still up.”

“Before you say anything, I want to say something,” Andrew started. “I’m really sorry, I shouldn’t have done what I done. I shoulda been the mature one. And by starting things I didn’t really do that. And I want to apologize to you.”

“Andrew, it’s alright, apology accepted, but it’s alright, I might have over reacted a little. In fact, I just needed a little time to think” Jamie said.

‘A little time to think,’ Andrew thought to himself, he really didn’t like the sound of that, he was particularly scared that Jamie would break things up before they’d even got the chance to meet or of doing anything together. The fact that he had told him that it was ‘alright’ wasn’t good enough to make Andrew feel better.

“I’m not really mad at you, I don’t hate you any more than I did yesterday. In fact, I’m kinda glad that it was you,” Jamie said.

Maybe it was because Andrew was real sleepy, but he really wasn’t sure he had heard Jamie correctly. “Whatcha mean?” Andrew said.

“Well, it’s most likely something that he needed to explore. I mean guys jerk off together from time to time, it doesn’t mean anything. Chris was just experimenting. If you wouldn’t have been there for him it would have been someone else for sure,” Jamie explained.

“Ya, most likely,” Andrew agreed.

Jamie continued. “Then, it’s better you than the first stranger he’d find online or worse on the street.”

Andrew wanted to be sure that he understood correctly “So you’re really not mad at either of us?”

“Of course not, I’m not mad at you or Chris. I already told Chris when he told me, I just wanted sometime alone before talking to you,” Jamie confirmed.

Andrew was impressed because he knew perfectly well that if it was the other way around he’d be beyond mad. “So you don’t really care about what we did???”

Jamie could kind of see where Andrew was going with that. He was sure that Andrew would be telling him that if he didn’t care at all about what they had done, it means that he doesn’t really love Andrew. “Andrew, stop it, you know that it’s not what I said, quit assuming things. You really wanna know, yes, I was upset when Chris told me.”

“Thanks, I needed to know,” Andrew quickly answered back before Jamie got angry all over again.

“You know I love you Andrew, quit feeling so insecure,” Jamie kindly said.

“I know, sometimes I’m just stupid that way,” Andrew said with a little grin. “It’s just that I really can’t fathom being with another guy other than you.”

That really made Jamie feel better but he just didn’t know what to say next. “I know.”

Andrew wondered aloud. “Umm, Jamie, do you still log in on that website?”

Jamie knew what Andrew meant, but wanted to tease Andrew a little. For that reason, he made his best puzzled look.

“You know, that website where we got to get to know each other, please don’t make me say the name.” Andrew said as he started to blush enormously.

In Jamie’s mind, Andrew’s reaction was more than worth it “Ya, I do, well only from time to time, why? What about it?”

“Well, if we both know that we want to be together and with no one else, maybe we could take our profiles down?”

Jamie kind of liked that idea, it wasn’t like he was really using that website that often either anymore. Also, all the guys that were messaging him were always twice his age and not that attractive anyhow.

“Andrew, I’d really like that, you’re right, it makes perfect sense” said Jamie.

Andrew had a big smile “Lets do that right now.”

Jamie agreed and they both took their profiles down. It was, for both of them, a symbolic gesture meaning that they wouldn’t look for anyone else, and that they had both found their match.

After they both accomplished what they needed too do, Jamie was the first one to realize that the time was going by really fast “Andrew, I really have to go to bed, It’s way late.”

Andrew also realized how late it was. “Oh geez, you’re right! gonna talk to you tomorrow, and you’ll have to tell me about Nick and how it went tho.”

“I will, good night, love ya” Jamie said and then waited just long enough so that Andrew could say the same thing before turning off the video feed.

What a simple conversation can bring to someone can be unexpected. If Andrew was feeling not so well and couldn’t find sleep before, he was a changed man after he turned the computer off. He just knew that he’d be able to sleep like a little baby this time around.

Not only had Andrew made sure that there wouldn’t be any problem between Jamie and him, he felt like their relationship had just grown. Maybe it’s true, little fight here and there in a couple make it grow stronger. Now, there wasn’t any doubt in his mind, he will end up with a cute Miller boy.

**

When Andrew woke up the next day, he only had one thing on his mind; staying in bed and staying there all day if he could. But Brendan had different plans in mind when he snuck into Andrew’s room and jumped on Andrew and started tickling him. It made Andrew scream bloody murder.

“You fuckin’ moron!” Andrew screamed.

“You’re really not a morning guy,” Brendan remarked.

“That’s not it, you’re squeezing Mr. President here, get off!” Andrew pleaded.

“I don’t want to burst your bubble, but I’m not that easy, unlike you, I can’t get off on that.” Brendan grinned.

That comment earned Brendan a swift kick from Andrew and he fell off the bed. Having been taken by surprise, Brendan landed hard on the carpet floor. Both Brendan and Andrew bursted in laughter.

“Ouch!” Brendan exclaimed.

“Well it serves you right,” Andrew said. “C’mon get back in, but play it safe,” Andrew said with a wink as he pushed his covers over to let Brendan get in.

“Alright, but move your big ass over,” Brendan grinned.

Brendan got under the covers. They stayed that way a little while with the both of them laid on their back and stared at the ceiling.

“You better be wearing something under that,” teased Brendan.

“Don’t ask if you don’t wanna know.” Andrew said playfully.

“Oh please!, don’t molest me!” Brendan said with a boyish voice.

“Then, just be sure not to present your butt at me,” Andrew said laughing.

Brendan feigned shock. “If I remember correctly, you were the one drooling over my, umm, Mr. President, as you said so well. So maybe you should be the one not turning your back at me.”

Andrew thought for a second. “Maybe, but it would work better if you weren’t all dressed.”

Brendan grinned. “You so don’t have imagination in bed.”

“What are you doing here anyhow, and how did you get in?” Andrew finally asked.

“I knew that you’d sleep in and wouldn’t get up in time to go swimming, so I came and your mum let me in as she was leaving,” Brendan explained

Andrew looked at the clock before saying: “As she was leaving? That was like two hours ago!”

Brendan kept a straight face. “The paper was good!”

“But, two hours!” Andrew said again.

“You might want to make some new coffee tho, I took the last cup.” Brendan chuckled.

“So, get up and get dressed and we’ll be there just in time,” Brendan said.

Andrew suddenly realized what Brendan said he was here for. “Going swimming!?! You gotta be kidding me!”

“Yup, I was expecting you to be just like that,” Brendan answered.

“Then why did you come if you knew that I wouldn’t want to go swimming?” Andrew asked.

“Well I might have wanted to know how you were doing,” Brendan said sheepishly.

“Awww! that’s so cute of you,” Andrew said rolling over and hugging his friend playfully.

“Newww! Get your nakedness off me!” Brendan said.

Andrew rolled off Brendan and laid back comfortably on his stomach and feigned going back to sleep.

“What was that thing that was drilling a hole on my leg?” Brendan teasingly asked.

“The thing that is missing on your lover,” Andrew shot right back.

Brendan finally asked. “So, what happened, why were you apparently still talking way early?”

Andrew looked at him puzzled “How would you- ohhh, my ‘rents overheard me?”

Brendan nodded “yup, you’re mum mentioned it to me, she was wondering if it was with me.”

“Well, ya, we might have stayed up late talking.” Andrew said smiling.

Andrew proceeded to tell what had happened since he had left Brendan’s room.

At one point, Brendan interrupted him. “Wait a sec, just how many times have you tried to call him?”

Andrew blushed a little. “Umm, a few times.”

“How many is ‘a few times for ya’?” Brendan asked.

“Three times.” Andrew shyly said realizing that he might have been a little too insistent.

“So, that’s four time overall with the one time you called at my place,” Brendan said just to make things clear.

Andrew corrected “No, no, three times overall, including the one at your place.”

“Ya, ‘cause then it would be one too many, right?” Brendan snickered.

Now, after a good night of sleep, and with the fear factor taken out of the equation, Andrew realized very well that he shouldn’t had call repetitively like he had done. But at that point he was so scared that he’d lose Jamie that he wanted at all costs to talk to him. Therefore, his preoccupation was in reaching him, not in thinking about how things could have been seen.

“Exactly,” Andrew said to answer the smart ass question. “Alright, I know, I went too far, I’m not stupid, I realize that.”

“Well, you’re stupid enough to have called three times in less then a couple of hours,” Brendan commented.

“Alright, ya I did, and so what, at that time, my mind wasn’t thinking about how many times I had already called, I just wanted to talk to him no matter what.” Andrew said as his temper rose.

“I’m sorry, bud, but I just wanted to warn you, some people would get aggravated by that and in that case you just need to call once,” Brendan kindly warned Andrew.

“I know” Andrew said meekly.

Andrew went back to telling the conversation with Jamie the night before in every single detail.

After Brendan finished hearing the tale, it was too tempting to forget “You know what that mean?”

“About what?” questioned Andrew

“The fact that you guys got rid of your profile page, you know what that mean?” Brendan asked again.

Andrew desperately answered “No, what?”

“It means that you’re married!” Brendan joked. Brendan was the only one smiling at his joke. “Not funny?” he said.

Andrew kept a straight face. “Not really, no.”

“Oki, I’ll shut up now,” Brendan said.

“That would prolly be for the best,” Andrew chuckled.

**

Nicholas was getting out school, he was done for the day and couldn’t be happier. Yeah sure he liked school and he’d never think about dropping out, but for him it was more something he had to do, something he had to go through before he’d be finally free.

It had been a long and boring class today. Nicholas had to work hard just to stay awake and not fall asleep, or at least not start daydreaming. In fact, for most of the class he could only think about where he’d rather be instead. Unlike most of his classmates, he didn’t want be at home on the internet while watching TV or playing video games. No, he wished that he’d could be at work. The simple reason was that he wanted to be around Jamie.

Nicholas had just stepped into his car when his cell rang. He instinctively flipped it open and answered without looking at the caller ID.

“Hello?” Nicholas answered.

“Nick?” the voice on the other end said.

Shivers ran all the way through Nicholas’s body. His mouth suddenly became dry. For a moment that seemed like an eternity he was at a loss for words. He could recognize the voice among anywhere even in the middle of a crowded room. It had been weeks since he had officially gave up on ever hearing it again.

Nicholas mustered up his emotions and said in a weak voice: “Evan?”

Copyright © 2011 FrenchCanadian; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..