Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

To See You - 9. Chapter 9

Andrew didn’t have a choice. His mum made it clear that she intended to talk to him and he knew better than to try to argue with her.

He reluctantly walked in the dining room with trepidation where his mother was reading the morning paper even though it was already a little after seven in the evening.

**

Chris walked into his older brother’s room. Alone, he went to the computer wanting to talk with Andrew. But, fat luck, as Andrew wasn’t on. Chris started to look for pictures as Jamie walked in the room. Unnoticed, Jamie crept behind his brother who seemed to have found a picture that he really liked.

“That’s a good one, but I’d say I have a better one,” Jamie whispered into Chris’ ears.

Chris nearly jumped off the chair. “Jamie, what are you doing?”

Jamie looked down and inspected Chris, who sported a visibly growing hardon in his pants. Jamie chuckled. “I could just as easily ask you the same thing being that this is my room and you’re looking at things that you shouldn’t.”

Realizing that Jamie had spotted his hardon, Chris rapidly tried to rearrange himself. “I just came to see if Andrew was on, but he’s not,” Chris said blushing.

“So you decided to look for him in pictures, right?” Jamie asked.

“Well, it just happened that I found that picture, it was on the desktop, you should hide them better,” Chris said playfully.

“Ya, well,” Jamie said as he started to blush. “Hush it. Anyhow, what would you possibly want to talk to Andrew for?”

Chris wasn’t sure how to answer that question. “Umm, well ‘cause he’s nice, and besides, there’s not much else to do.”

In fact, Chris had a much better reason for wanting to talk to Andrew, hopefully all by himself. It had been a few days since they had shown off for each other on cam, and yet he still hadn’t had the chance to talk to him. Chris really wanted to tell him that despite everything, that he had enjoyed what they did very much. Chris also wanted to tell Andrew that he liked him and that he thinks that he’s a cool guy.

Jamie looked for himself on the computer and noticed that Andrew was indeed not online. He found that unusual for Andrew, as he’s usually online at this time of the day. Also, Andrew had personally told him that he’d be there, Jamie was getting intrigued about Andrew’s whereabouts.

Jamie shared his thoughts with Chris. “That’s weird he said that he’d be on. Oh well, he shouldn’t be long.”

Jamie realized that Andrew’s picture was still open on the screen and decided to close it.

Jamie said with a big broad smile to his brother. “You know, you can be such a pervert.”

“Ya, right, I know,” Chris answered blushing and giggling. “Now show me the picture that you thought was better.”

Jamie replied. “Keep dreaming horndog!”

Chris made his puppy face and pleaded. “Please, I just want to see which one you find the best, you know, to see if we have the same taste.”

“I know you enough to know better than that,” Jamie answered.

Chris knew that he could keep on asking all he wanted, but that it wouldn’t change his brother’s mind. In fact, he was even hoping that Jamie wouldn’t decide to hide or even lock Andrew’s pics away.

“Alright, you’re right. Do you have something for us to do? ‘Cause I really wasn’t lying, there’s nothing to do,” Chris asked.

Jamie answered. “Well is there anything good on TV tonight?”

“I already looked, there’s nothing, just really boring stuff, just stupid reality shows,” Chris quickly said.

“Ya, and you’d end up flipping channels all night long,” Jamie said knowing that watching TV wouldn’t be a good idea.

“Ya, ya, ya, no comments,” Chris said.

“Go get a DVD that you want, we’ll watch it up here.”

Chris got up and went to find a good movie to watch.

As Jamie was waiting for Chris to get back, he quickly opened a picture of Andrew. In the photo, Andrew is all dressed up nicely in a dark blue pinstripe suit and tie, sporting a broad energetic smile and sparkling blue eyes. Jamie couldn’t help but to break into a smile looking at that picture.

Jamie quickly imagined that he was the one that was there that day, and that he was the one that had taken the picture. He could really imagine himself making Andrew as happy as he looked in that photo.

The beeping of his cellphone took him out of his daydream. Jamie flipped his cell open to see why it had beeped to notice that he had received a text message. He quickly realized that it was coming from Andrew’s number. ‘Hope to be on ltr, long story’ was the message that Andrew sent him.

A moment later, Chris came back holding two dvd cases in his hands. He was about to make a comment about his choices when he noticed that Jamie was looking perplexedly at his cell.

“What’s wrong?” Chris simply asked.

Jamie looked up and noticed that his brother was back in his room. “I’m not sure. Andrew just texted me saying that he won’t be on ‘till much later, that it was a long story.”

Puzzled, Chris asked. “We don’t even know what it’s about?”

“Nope, nothing else, just that he hopes to be online later,” Jamie answered.

That message didn’t make Jamie feel any less intrigued. At least now, Jamie knew that there was good reason Andrew was not online. He also knew that his lover hadn’t completely forgotten about him.

Seeing that Jamie needed some reassuring, and also partially to make himself feel better, Chris tried to reassure Jamie. “We don’t even know what it’s all about, it can easily be nothing special, don’t get all worked up.”

Jamie noticed the use of the pronoun in his brother’s comment. “We?” he asked.

“Well, you don’t think that you’ll be able to hide it from me do you? I’ll want to know just as much as you do,” Chris said.

Jamie thought about that a little. “Well it will depends on Andrew, maybe he won’t want to talk about it in front of you.”

Chris guessed that it was the best that he could get. For some reason, Chris cared a lot about what was up with Andrew, almost as much as his brother did.

“So, what movie did you bring back?” Jamie said trying to change the subject.

It took a few seconds for Chris to realize what he was talking about. “Oh ya, the movie, umm, I thought about either ‘The Rock’ or ’The Hunt for Red October’. You can choose which one you like.”

“Both with Sean Connery, good choices,” Jamie chuckled. “We can just watch them both, right?”

“But of course,” replied Chris.

Finally, they chose to start with Chris’ favorite, ‘The Rock.” They both got comfortable, laid down on the bed, got under the covers, and stared at the TV.

After the first movie was finished, they both got up.

“Chris, can you go and get us some chips and pops?” Jamie asked.

Chris answered “Ya, alright, next time’s gonna be your turn tho.”

While Chris left to get them some snacks for the second movie, Jamie went to the computer to make sure that Andrew hadn’t gotten on without being noticed. Jamie wasn’t that lucky, so he reluctantly got up and put the other movie in the DVD player.

As Chris got back up, he saw that Jamie had checked the computer and he asked. “Still no news from Andrew?”

“Nope, still nothing” Jamie said as he took a can of coke from his brother.

Before they started the movie, they decided to get more comfortable, and both stripped into their boxers. It was nothing special for either of them, as they often just hung out in their boxers at night. After, they climbed back into the bed as they started watching the second feature of the night. Chris fell asleep at some point toward the end of the movie and Jamie finished watching it all by himself.

The movie was over and there was still no sound from Andrew. Jamie was getting anxious as he simply ended up flipping the channels on the TV.

**

It was late when Andrew finally got back to his room. After having gone for a bite and to a movie afterward, Andrew was kinda glad to be back in his rooms.

Despite having taken the time to send a quick text message to warn Jamie that he’d be late if he gets online tonight, he felt bad about not having been there earlier.

Andrew finally got online and was happy to see that, even though it was past midnight, Jamie was still online.

It didn’t take very long for Jamie to accept the call for a videoconference

“Hey, you’re still up!” Andrew said. “How are you?”

“I’m good. I got your message, what’s wrong?” Jamie asked.

Andrew answered. “Stop worrying, I’m alright.”

“Then what happened, what’s the long story you mentioned?” Jamie inquired.

“Well, my mum kinda outed me today,” stated Andrew.

Jamie was speechless for a moment. “How did that happen? What do you mean, she outed you?”

“Alright, so, Brendan was over this afternoon, and stayed for supper, nothing really exceptional up to now. Then Nancy, that’s his girlfriend arrived, stayed a few minutes and they left together. So, as they were leaving, my mum told me that she wanted to talk to me. Lets just say that there was little place for discussion. I had to talk to her,” Andrew said as he started to explain what had taken place earlier.

“Oh, when you’re parents want to talk, you listen, no way around that,” Jamie commented.

“Exactly!”

“So, what did she say?” Jamie asked.

Andrew answered. “Well, first she got all weird, made me sit down and started by saying that she’s my mother and that a mother knows their kid well enough to know when things aren’t going well.”

“Well, yes, I guess that’s true,” Jamie commented.

“Then, she said that there’s nothing wrong with being different, and that being gay ain’t something bad,” Andrew continued

By that time Chris, who had woken up, had leaned in close to the computer and said. “Well that’s a good thing isn’t?”

Andrew answered “Ya, of course it’s a good thing. So, she then told me bluntly that she knew that I’m gay.”

A little worried, Jamie asked “And how does she feels about that?”

“Well, I think that she’s pretty mellow about it, she doesn’t care that much about it. For her it doesn’t make much of a difference. You know, she actually had a gay brother,” Andrew answered.

Chris asked. “Did she tell you when she figured it all out?”

“Well, she said that she known for a while now, that she was waiting for me to come out to her, but, at some point, she thought that it would be just easier for me if she’d tell me that she knew,” Andrew replied.

“Oh, how does she explain that? How could she tell that maybe you weren’t ready and that’s why you weren’t telling?” Chris asked.

“Well, she thought I had become withdrawn for her. She believed I had stopped talking to her, telling her about important stuff in my life because, well, if I had said them I’d be coming out to her and she thought I was afraid she’d reject me. That was bugging her big time I guess and she decided to do something about it,” Andrew explained.

Jamie raised his eyebrows. “Well, will you really talk to her about your life more now that you’re out to her?”

Andrew replied “It’s true that I wasn’t telling her about important stuff in my life because it would have meant coming out. I mean, maybe now I’ll be more inclined to talk to her about you.”

Jamie became a little concerned and asked. “Andrew, how do you feel, are you alright with that. I mean, are you alright now that you’re officially out?”

“Well, I guess it was what I wanted. I’ve known for a while that I was ready, I didn’t exactly think it would happen this way. . Now that it has, I feel a little weird. It feels like everything is surreal, but at the same time, nothing has changed,” Andrew answered.

Jamie nodded. “Well, things are the same, nothing is completely changed. It’s not like your mum didn’t know at all, therefore she won’t change her attitude toward you.”

“I guess so,” Andrew said. “You guys want to hear something special about all of this?”

Chris answered first. “Ya, what is it?”

“Well, in a weird twist of fate, just before Brendan and Nancy left, we were talking about how they thought that my parents knew about me. They were saying about how I was certainly giving off hints with stuff that I do,” Andrew explained.

Jamie just laughed at that.

“Does that mean that you agree too?” Andrew asked.

Jamie just laughed some more, and this time Chris joined in too. “Oh, don’t hate me,” Jamie said. “But I’ll have to say that, from what I know, you do some dancing moves that, if your parents have seen them, which I know they prolly have, could have possibly given you away.”

“Alright, I guess that, maybe you are right. But don’t get me wrong, I’m not camp” Andrew said.

“But you can be when you really want to, you’re real good at putting on a show,” Jamie laughed.

“Right, but otherwise, I’m as butch as any guy,” Andrew agreed laughed.

“I never thought otherwise.” Jamie said “Oh and what about your dad? does he know?”

“Well, my mum and him did talked about it from time to time. She seems to think that he’s also alright with it. But, as he was working today, he wasn’t there,” Andrew answered.

“So what did you guys do after the talk,” Chris wondered.

Andrew replied “Well after we had the talk, she took me to Krispy Kreme for a coffee and a doughnut then we went to the movies.”

“Well, that’s nice,” Jamie said.

For some reason, the evening turned out to be very good for Andrew. He toyed with the idea of asking Jamie right away about going to Toronto with him. He really wanted to do it. If Jamie had said yes, it would be the perfect ending of a very good day.

“Umm, Andrew, look at the time, I think that we should all go to bed now,” Jamie said.

“Ya, I guess you’re right,” Andrew sadly said.

Jamie quickly noticed Andrew’s sad expression. “Andrew, is everything alright? Do you have something else to say?”

Andrew decided that he didn’t want to face rejection just right now so he decided not to say anything. “No, it’s alright, I guess I wish that I’d had more time with you tonight. But you’re right, we really should go to bed now.”

What Andrew had just said. touched Jamie. “You know, we’ll have time to talk tomorrow. That’s for sure.”

“Ya, you’re right. Jamie? Have a good night. J’t’aimes. You know it,” Andrew said nicely.

“Yes, I do know. I love you too.”

“Sweet dreams. Same for you Chris,” Andrew cooed as he closed the videoconference.

Copyright © 2011 FrenchCanadian; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..