Jump to content
    gdaniel
  • Author
  • 3,959 Words
  • 1,229 Views
  • 17 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Growing Pains - 6. Chapter 6

Once again, a Billy Gilman song plays a huge role. Some angst in this chapter. I hope it's realistic.

I've been talking about Jason and me a lot lately, and I wouldn't want you to get the impression that I was ignoring Mitchell. In fact, I was enjoying Mitchell's advancement through puberty, too. His 17th birthday was just three months after Jason's 14th. One of the presents he wanted was a tape of Jason singing some of the songs he had written, with the fab four playing backup. It took a bit of doing to get Jason out to Scott's place to make the recording with the band, but we managed. I'll tell ya, that Joey was one hell of a guitarist. He just seemed to be a natural, like the instrument was part of his soul. He knew when to improvise, when to hold back to highlight Jason's singing, when to take charge and take the lead. We even talked the band into doing one instrumental piece for the tape. Of course, we invited the band to the party. No! We didn't ask them to bring their instruments. Geez! Gimme a break. But Jason did agree to sing some of Mitchell's songs with the tape as his back up. We hauled the Karioke unit down by the pool and he entertained the entire neighborhood. Thank goodness he was good.

At one point I was treated to one of the most inspiring moments of my life as I saw the look of love on Mitchell's face as he stared at his younger brother. At that moment, I wasn't the least bit fearful of his reaction to learning of the relationship that was developing between Jason and Alex. But I also enjoyed seeing the love relationship between Mitchell and Tammy. These kids were good for each other, and I wondered if their love would last through their college experiences.

Tammy was as cute as a button. (I know that's an old phrase. I already told you I was old.) She was slender, like Mitchell, and had the prettiest chestnut-colored hair I had ever seen. She wore it in a Dorothy Hamill style.(Dorothy won the hearts of Americans several years back as an Olympic gold medalist in figure skating.) And she had a wonderful figure. In fact, I was glad she was Mitchell's girlfriend. Otherwise I might have been tempted to make a fool of myself.

She and Jason always got along well and seemed to enjoy each other's company. I sometimes felt that she was more observant, more perceptive than her boyfriend, my older son, well almost my son... sort of... kind of....

I keep saying that, don't I. Referring to Jason and Mitchell as my sons. I knew they weren't. Not really. Sometimes it hurt to admit to myself that I was only their guardian, not their dad. I didn't really mind being called Pop, but dad would have sounded nice too. At least they never complained when I called them son.

But I digress. There were several occasions where I saw a look pass across Tammy's face as she watched Alex and Jason interact that gave me cause to pause. I often wondered if she weren't working things out for herself and was somewhat concerned that she might say something to them or to Mitchell. Neither Jason nor I felt comfortable hiding the truth from Mitchell, and I knew one of us was going to have to explain things to him before too long. But Jason seemed unusually nervous about telling him. That was something he and I were goingto have to talk about in our next discussion.

As the weeks passed following my discussion with Jason about sharing some private times with Alex, I knew what was happening behind his and his brother's closed doors. In Mitchell's case, it wasn't so obvious. He was almost fastidious in his personal habits, so there were never any telltale signs that he was "taking care of business." But I knew he must be doing so. After all, it's the short-term memory that goes, not the long-term. I'd been his age once.

Jason, on the other hand, was lackadaisical in the cleanliness of his room. His clothes were generally lying all over the place except when I climbed his case about it. And the old towel I had placed under his pillow the night of our discussion showed a lot of use in the weeks that followed. Not that I purposely examined it, mind you, but you know what it's like. Cum makes a pretty effective glue when it dries. Just unfolding a towel before putting it into the washer told me more than I needed to know.

Alex and Jason were pretty careful to follow the closed-door rule, too, and I respected their privacy when I was home. But there were two occasions when an open door led to unexpected results, one merely embarrassing, theother quite traumatic.

I had been called to a client's office for an early afternoon consultation and left a message for Jason and Mitchell regarding dinner. I knew Mitchell had wrestling practice that day and wouldn't be home until just before dinner,so I laid the responsibility for preparation on Jason and cleanup on Mitchell.

When Jason got home from schooland read the note, the first thing he did was call Alex.

"Hey, Alex. Pop isn't going to be home until dinner time. Wanna come over?"

"Sure. What are we gonna do?"

"Need you ask? It's been almost a week."

"A week since what?" Alex asked, knowing full well what Jason was referring to.

"DSB relief, dummy. Now get your butt over here!" Jason answered with a giggle.

"I just love your giggle, Jason. But are you going to beat my butt?"

"No, silly. You know what I wanna beat."

While he waited for Alex to change clothes and come across the street, Jason got the meatloaf in the oven andthe potatoes peeled and sliced and into a pan of water. As soon as Alex arrived, they went up to Jason's room.Thinking Mitchell and I wouldn't be home for a couple of hours, Jason didn't bother to shut his bedroom door.Even as he was turning on his stereo, Alex was starting to unbutton his shirt from behind.

Standing upright, Jason leaned back into his boyfriend's embrace, turning his head slightly to the side so Alexcould nuzzle his cheek with his lips. As Alex's hands continued to open Jason's shirt and then his belt and slacks,Jason reached behind him and cupped his hands on the cheeks of Alex's denim covered butt. He could feel Alex'sboner rising against him as his pants fell to the floor to reveal the bulge in his own briefs.

Their breathing continued to escalate as Alex ran his hands down across the bulge of Jason's penis, squeezing itgently and rubbing along its length. Alex brought his hands up and removed Jason's shirt quickly and then moved them down across his chest and stomach and into the waistband of his boyfriend's underwear. Soon Jasonwas standing completely naked with Alex lovingly stroking his four inch erection.

All this time, however, Jason had been massaging Alex's penis through his jeans, so both of them were gettingquite turned on. Jason turned around and opened Alex's shirt, then his jeans. Their lips moved upon one anotheras though searching for untold riches. As their hands got busier and their breathing more ragged, Alex pulledJason's desk chair over next to the bed, slid his jeans and shorts down to his knees and sat down.

"Do me first, Jason, please?" he whispered breathlessly. "I'm so hot I think I'm gonna cum before you even getstarted."

Jason sat naked on the bed and reached over to wrap his hand around his friend's throbbing erection.

His own erection stood straight and proud in his lap.

It was at this most inopportune moment that we all learned a lesson about closed doors, for my meeting had concluded much earlier than I had expected. Since I was planning to go back out to the grocery store after changing my clothes, I had parked at the curb instead of the garage. I don't know if they would have heard the garage door opening from Jason's bedroom, but it was obvious they hadn't heard the front door open and close.

As I walked past Jason's room, I glanced in to see if he was home. The picture that presented itself was a sight to behold. At the same time embarrassing and lovely. So lovely, in fact, that I stood rooted to the spot and gaped at the boys. They were beautiful. The expressions on their faces were so young, so vibrant, so obviously caring for each other. Their bodies were so similar, neither with much of a pubic bush, both slim and well muscled, and both hard as flag poles.

It only took 5 or 10 seconds for my mind to register all of this and my body to once again begin to move. I think the boys noticed me just as I leaned forward to grab the door knob. Their heads spun in my direction, gaping at me with wide eyes and open mouths. As I started to pull the door closed, I marveled that neither boy moved to cover himself. Instead, Jason opened his hand and pushed Alex's erection down between his legs so itwas hidden by his hand, even as Alex reached over and laid his hand over Jason's penis, each hiding the other's privates.

"Next time fellas, close the door. OK?" I said with a grin as I pulled the door closed and went on down the hall to my room. I hoped that my unintended intrusion hadn't spoiled things for them, but we didn't talk about it afterwards. They had left their privacy open for inspection, but once it was reestablished, I wasn't going to invade it without an invitation.

Mitchell and Jason continued to follow their interests in wrestling, and it was fun to watch them interact in this common interest. Their sibling rivalry sometimes caused friction between them, as it does in any family, but for the most part Mitchell seemed to enjoy sharing his more advanced skills with his younger brother. We had gotten rid of the coffee table in the family room so they'd have some place to practice their sport.

Alex's mom and dad knew of his love for Jason and were basically able to accept it. But his dad was not at all comfortable with open displays of affection between the boys. So Alex began to spend more and more time at our house. Mitchell got elected president of his class which meant he had one more thing to occupy his time in addition to wrestling and Tammy. So the younger boys had plenty of time to be together after school.

Personally, I felt privileged to watch their love for each other growing. Prior to turning 50, I was not at all tolerant of men who love men. But as I continued to age, I continued to learn and grow, and friends and other things had eventually helped me to understand that love should be respected, irrespective of the sex of the lovers. So I was able to enjoy the relationship between Jason and Alex just as much as the one between Mitchell and Tammy. After all, these were my boys, and I knew I was fortunate to have them. How could I not love them for who they were?

Alex would frequently wrestle with Jason as a way of helping Jason to practice. They had a lot for fun even though Alex wasn't into the sport itself. Often times they would strip down to their undershorts to make the practice sessions as realistic as possible. If Mitchell walked in on them, he usually walked right back out. He never said anything about it, but he never joined them unless they were fully clothed.

He did, however, talk to me about it at one time. I almost leveled with him and ultimately wished I had. But at the time, I hadn't discussed it with Jason and felt I couldn't violate the younger boys' trust. So I kept the conversation strictly to the topics Mitchell brought up.

"Pop? Doesn't it ever bother you when Jason and Alex wrestle in just their underwear?"

"No. Why should it? Does it bother you?"

"Well, yeah, a little, I guess. I mean it seems a bit unusual, a bit risque."

"How do you mean, Mitchell?"

"I dunno. It's just that they are 14. They're starting to mature. I mean, I see Jason naked. I know he's getting bigger, maturing. It just seems that guys their age shouldn't be acting that way."

"What way is that, Mitchell?" I was beginning to get a little perturbed by the attitude I thought Mitchell was evidencing.

"Well, I dunno... sort of immature, like ten or eleven year olds. Or maybe, like, gay."

"Do you feel immature or gay when you wrestle?"

"Heck no! Pop. But this is different."

"Why? Just because they have so little on? You and Jason don't wear much more than that in your wrestling matches, and you're in front of a bunch of strangers."

"But that's just it. Those are the standard uniforms. Everybody wears 'em. And we are in front of strangers. Alex and Jason are wrestling behind closed doors. It could lead to other things, maybe."

As I said earlier, Mitchell was a thinker. He tended to intellectualize things, too many things. Sometimes he seemed almost emotionless in the way he dealt with issues. What he was telling me here had nothing to do with emotion, nothing to do with feelings, with love or affection. He was solely concerned about the theoretical possibility that wrestling in your underwear could lead to behavior with which he wasn't comfortable or with which he did not approve. I tried to end the discussion before it could get ugly.

"Well, I don't think you should be concerned, Mitchell. Remember, the original Olympians competed completely nude. And some of them were wrestlers."

That seemed to work. He blushed a bit at the thought of wrestling naked, grinned at me in his shy way anddropped the subject. I thought I was beginning to see an element of Mitchell's character that was new to me. Had I been more perceptive or had I been able to predict the future, I might not have let our discussion end as it did. A few weeks later, Jason's open door led to almost disastrous results. I was out at the pool, reading a book at the umbrella table. Jason and Alex were in Jason's room listening to music and doing their homework. Mitchell had a youth meeting at church and wasn't expected home until much later. About 4:30, I heard Jason turn on the instrumental tape the fab four had made for him with some Billy Gilman tunes.

As I heard the now familiar strains of the song I Wanna Get To Ya with Jason singing along with it, I quickly developed a picture in my mind similar to the one I told you about earlier. This time, however, I knew Alex was involved. I could just see Alex sitting in the desk chair or on the bed as Jason sang this song to him, again changing the words to fit the situation. (Those who have it, put the Cd in and go to track 8.) The words of D. Malloy, F. Myers and G. Baker wafted out the open window and down to my ears.

I've got a secret I can't keep. I've got my eyes on somethin' sweet. It feels like my heart's poundin' through my chest. 'Cause you've got a smile I can't resist, I get tongue-tied every time you and I are close like this. Boy, here's my wish. I wanna get to ya. I wanna be the one that moves ya. I wanna give my heart to ya. I want you so much. Boy I know just what I've been missin'. I wanna be the one you're kissin'. So open up your arms and listen. I wanna get to ya. Now I'm the kind of guy who understands a simple little thing like holdin' hands, or x's and o's on a love note sent to you. I'll make you a promise that I'll keep. I'm tellin' you right here, right now, I'm gettin' down on my knees. I'll do anything.... I wanna get to ya. I wanna be the one that moves ya. I wanna give my heart to ya. I want you so much. Boy I know just what I've been missin'. I wanna be the one you're kissin'. So open up your arms and listen. I wanna get to ya. The way I feel, I know this love is real, bbaby I'm head over heels for you.... I wanna get to ya. I wanna be the one that moves ya. I wanna give my heart to ya. I want you so much. Boy I know just what I've been missin'. I wanna be the one you're kissin'. So open up your arms and listen.I wanna get to ya.

Unbeknownst to any of us, Mitchell's meeting had been canceled. With the noise of the music blaring in their ears, neither boy had heard him enter the house. And nobody can hear anything from poolside. As Mitchell climbed the stairs, he assumed that Jason was just singing to himself. Or he might have thought Alex was there, but wasn't expecting the scene that was playing out in Jason's room.

So he stood at the top of the stairs and listened until the song was finished. He was a bit startled when no further music followed, so he stepped over to Jason's open door to say hello. Just as he approached the doorway, he heard Jason speaking softly.

"I love you, Alex."

Those words on top of the scene before him, of Jason and Alex locked in an embrace kissing one another, must have caused something to snap in the 17 year old. He flew into a rage, bounding into the room and slapping both boys with his open hands.

"YOU FUCKING QUEERS! GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE ALEX AND DON'T EVER COME BACK. JASON YOU LITTLE COCKSUCKER YOU FUCKING FAGGOT. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? WHAT ARE MY FRIENDS GOING TO SAY? HOW AM I GOING TO FACE THE KIDS AT SCHOOL OR AT CHURCH? YOU LITTLE WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT! YOU SONOFABITCH! YOU FUCKING FREAK!

Of course, I heard every word. His screams were louder than the music had been. The minute I heard his voice, I knew what had happened. I leapt out of my chair and ran into the house, hearing Mitchell's screams bouncing off the walls. I passed Alex running down the stairs as I went up them, his face a contorted mask of fear and anguish, so white I thought he'd surely pass out before he got to the front door. But I couldn't stop to tend to him. Something terrible was happening in Jason's room.

When I got to the door, Jason was cowering in the corner, tears pouring down his face, his hands held up to ward off the blows raining down on him. The look on his face almost killed me. But his cry of anguish cut me to thebone and left me in a rage of my own.

"MITCHELL! WHY? WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME?"

I reached out and grabbed Mitchell by his shoulder. With strength born of fear and shock, I flung him around to face me and screamed at him.

"WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?"

"HE'S A FAGGOT, POP," he screamed back at me. "HE'S A QUEER. THEY WERE KISSING EACH OTHER.HE WAS SINGING THAT SONG TO ALEX. A FUCKIN' FAGGOT! GOD, I HATE HIM!

"GO TO YOUR ROOM! AND KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! DON'T EVEN THINK OF LEAVING THIS HOUSE."

As Mitchell stormed out of the room, I reached out and drew the quivering 14 year old into my arms. Just as had happened at the funeral home, his tears seemed to dry up my own. I cradled him in my arms as I sat down on his bed, rocking him back and forth and whispering words of love and encouragement to him. He wept uncontrollably for quite some time.

His brother's attack had been devastating to him. This much was obvious. Jason adored his older brother, would have walked through fire for him, and I'm certain he thought Mitchell felt the same way about him. As we sat there rocking, he tried to make sense of what had happened, tried to talk about it but with little success. Between heart-wrenching sobs laced with hiccups, he rambled."Oh, God... (sniff) What'm I gonna do now? ...(hiccup)... He's gonna kill me, Pop... (gasp)... I'll never be able to live here after this... (sob)... Why'd he have to walk in like that?... (sob)... I woulda told him eventually....(gasp)... maybe.... (hiccup)... why couldn't we have waited until he'd...(sob) ...gone off to college....(hiccup)...Aw, Pop, what'm I gonna do?... SHIT! WHERE'S ALEX? DID MITCHELL HURT HIM?"

"Sshhh, Jason, take it easy. Alex is Ok. He went home. He's OK. I'll call him later. Sshhh. I love you Jason. We'll deal with this. Just try to calm down."

After a few minutes without making much progress, I decided to give Jason half of one of my sleeping pills. I rarely used them, but in particularly stressful times, I found them to be helpful in getting to sleep. I figured it was worth the risk to give him just half of one. Shortly after he'd taken it with a glass of water, he did start to calm down.

As he settled against my chest and began to fall asleep, I began thinking of how I would deal with Mitchell's outburst. Here was obviously the thing that the boys had never shared with me, the reason Jason had been so adamant about me not telling Mitchell about his love for Alex. The surest sign of aberrant behavior was Mitchell's language. He NEVER cussed. This was a kid who had expressed some interest in going to seminary. He dealt with things logically and intellectually. He reasoned things out. This was not his way of dealing with day to day issues.

Now I'm no psychologist, but I had to figure out a way to deal with this issue. Maybe a psychologist would be necessary somewhere down the road, but I had to do something now, tonight! While rocking my youngest to sleep, I formulated a plan in my head. I considered Mitchell's personality, his higher-than-normal level of maturity and his intelligence. I considered his reasoning ability and came up with several things to say to help him work things out reasonably. I thought long and hard about what might have caused his outburst and how he would most likely react to different approaches I might take, the things I might say.

I finally decided on a specific course of action and felt comfortable that I had considered every aspect of Mitchell as a person. If Plan A didn't work, I had a Plan B. If Plan B had to be used, I was pretty sure it would work and he would survive it. Plan B was going to be harsh, but I was sure he could handle it in the long run. However, in all my mental exercise, in all my planning, I failed to consider how my possible course of action might affect me. My plan worked, but had I known what was in store, I might not have had the courage to follow through with it.

Copyright © 2023 gdaniel; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
  • Love 3
  • Wow 5
  • Sad 6
  • Angry 5
Feedback is always appreciated, especially since I wrote this story in 2000 when I thought I was straight. Is my story believable? Acceptabe to gays and bisexuals? I really want to know your opinions, as I a now working on a new story with a different understanding of who I am.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Damn! I really feel sorry for Jason and Alex right now. That had to be traumatic! And, Mitchell may be intellectually smart and logical, but he really handled this the wrong way! Hopefully these 2 brothers can work things out and Mitchell will come to accept Jason and Alex for who they are, and their love for each other.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Mitchell...Mitchell...Mitchell...What have you done??? To Actually reach out on top of the verbal abuse to hit your brother and Alex is more than shameful and so disappointing...It is going to take some work, both internally, reflection, and consideration to come out of this...I believe Jason has it in his heart to forgive but can Mitchell see the error of his ways...

  • Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Link to comment

Sorry, readers. I meant to give you a warning as a chapter note. Too late, now. The pain isn't over, but there is good news ahead. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I have decided to postpone posting further chapters of What Is True Love Anway? so I can get chapters 7 and 7a of this story posted as quickly as possible. I feel I owe it to my readers.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Summerabbacat said:

"YOU FUCKING QUEERS! GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE ALEX AND DON'T EVER COME BACK. JASON YOU LITTLE COCKSUCKER YOU FUCKING FAGGOT. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? WHAT ARE MY FRIENDS GOING TO SAY? HOW AM I GOING TO FACE THE KIDS AT SCHOOL OR AT CHURCH? YOU LITTLE WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT! YOU SONOFABITCH! YOU FUCKING FREAK!"

Mitchell is clearly NOT the boy/man he has portrayed himself as or has his mind perhaps been poisoned by the words of another or others. And to make it all about himself really pissed me off; how is he going to face his friends at school or at church. Well, firstly Mitchell, it is none of their fucking business, so unless you tell them you arrogant little prick, they will be none the wiser. Has he forgotten his statement to Pop (Dan) that he loved his brother and always wanted to protect him.

Pop (Dan's) comment about Tammy "There were several occasions where I saw a look pass across Tammy's face as she watched Alex and Jason interact that gave me cause to pause" has me wondering if she might be homophobic or may have already made unfavourable comments to Mitchell to turn him against his brother.

I have to wonder about the "teachings" of the church they attend to, although if it is conservative it does not seem to have poisoned Dan's mind.

A truly shocking chapter @gdaniel, even more so because Mitchell appears to have acted so uncharacteristically, but perhaps he has not given Jason's reluctance to share with him the likelihood he is gay. The final sentence appears ominous, I can only but speculate what it may mean. Of all the scenarios I have imagined, none of them are pretty. 

 

I have decided to postpone posting further chapters of What Is True Love Anway? so I can get chapters 7 and 7a of this story posted as quickly as possible. I feel I owe it to my readers.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I am not surprised by the comments I have received on this chapter. All will be explained in Chapter 7, with Alex's reaction in chapter 7a, which is really just a subpart of 7. It wasn't easy to write and 7 was even more so. You will understand when you read it. It's in the queue now. Thanks to those who persevere.

  • Like 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
17 hours ago, Summerabbacat said:

"YOU FUCKING QUEERS! GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE ALEX AND DON'T EVER COME BACK. JASON YOU LITTLE COCKSUCKER YOU FUCKING FAGGOT. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? WHAT ARE MY FRIENDS GOING TO SAY? HOW AM I GOING TO FACE THE KIDS AT SCHOOL OR AT CHURCH? YOU LITTLE WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT! YOU SONOFABITCH! YOU FUCKING FREAK!"

Mitchell is clearly NOT the boy/man he has portrayed himself as or has his mind perhaps been poisoned by the words of another or others. And to make it all about himself really pissed me off; how is he going to face his friends at school or at church. Well, firstly Mitchell, it is none of their fucking business, so unless you tell them you arrogant little prick, they will be none the wiser. Has he forgotten his statement to Pop (Dan) that he loved his brother and always wanted to protect him.

Pop (Dan's) comment about Tammy "There were several occasions where I saw a look pass across Tammy's face as she watched Alex and Jason interact that gave me cause to pause" has me wondering if she might be homophobic or may have already made unfavourable comments to Mitchell to turn him against his brother.

I have to wonder about the "teachings" of the church they attend to, although if it is conservative it does not seem to have poisoned Dan's mind.

A truly shocking chapter @gdaniel, even more so because Mitchell appears to have acted so uncharacteristically, but perhaps he has not given Jason's reluctance to share with him the likelihood he is gay. The final sentence appears ominous, I can only but speculate what it may mean. Of all the scenarios I have imagined, none of them are pretty. 

 

Mitchell is clearly NOT the boy/man he has portrayed himself as  Ha! Gotcha @Summerabbacat. Mitchell hasn't portrayed himself. I have. And you are very astute. or has his mind perhaps been poisoned by the words of another

  • Like 3
  • Wow 1
Link to comment

@gdaniel I fear the poison may have been injected by Tammy and the most upsetting scenario I have envisaged as a result of this is the ruination or near ruination of Mitchell's relationship with not only Jason (and by default Alex), but with Pop too. If this be the case, I have also envisaged his relationship with Tammy will eventually sour (no great loss if she injected the poison) and his relationships with Jason and Pop may be too damaged to be salvageable. 

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Like 1
  • Fingers Crossed 4
Link to comment
28 minutes ago, Summerabbacat said:

@gdaniel I fear the poison may have been injected by Tammy and the most upsetting scenario I have envisaged as a result of this is the ruination or near ruination of Mitchell's relationship with not only Jason (and by default Alex), but with Pop too. If this be the case, I have also envisaged his relationship with Tammy will eventually sour (no great loss if she injected the poison) and his relationships with Jason and Pop may be too damaged to be salvageable. 

I do so enjoy your comments and speculations. Just be prepared for pleasant surprises. 

  • Love 4
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Summerabbacat said:

Pleasant surprises are most welcome @gdaniel. I am by nature more a pessimist than an optimist, thus a pleasant outcome is doubly felt.

🥰🥰If you don't cry when you read chapters 12 and 13, you have no heart. 😇😇 I hate stories with bad/sad endings.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment

@SummerabbacatI tried to find your profile in Authors with no luck. Is there a way I can dm you? Remember, I am new here and need to be led around by a ring in my nose.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Hi @gdaniel

To send a direct message you click on the image of an envelope in the top right hand corner of the page. In my view of the page it appears between the 'notifications' icon (an image of a bell) and my profile picture and profile name. Once you click on the envelope a 'Messages' tab appears on which 'Compose New' in white text on navy background appears. You then click on 'Compose New' and insert my profile name into the 'To' field, insert text into the 'Subject' field and insert tex into the 'Message' field. Once completed you click on 'Send'.

I tried to message you, but got a message that you cannot receive messages.

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Like 4
Link to comment

I can not believe Mitchell did that to his brother! If he loves his brother as much as he tells Pop then he would not have treated Jason that way. Hope Pop can salvage it soon. Now, ho[e Alex is alright and Pop needs to go check on him too!

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I almost feel traumatised reading this chapter so heaven knows how Jason feels, and that's before we get to Alex's feelings. While the physical assault will hurt I'm more concerned about the mental and emotional damage both boys could suffer. I don't believe that Mitchell was thinking, but I'm concerned about what really made him react the way he did. I don't believe that was the true Mitchell so what has him behaving like that to brother that he loves? The root cause of that needs to be found out and addressed so that he can try to make amends.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Obviously, I have been reading these "ancient" comments; partly because I was looking for something specific, but partly for the ego strokes. I am so happy to see that I my rhetoric has evoked such emotions in my readers. Just think what it did to me as I put these words to "paper."  Thank you, everyone, for your heart-felt comments.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..