Jump to content
    Geron Kees
  • Author
  • 4,175 Words
  • 3,162 Views
  • 15 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Rules of the Road - 7. Chapter 7

Reader's Note: Some chapters of his story contain scenes with the use of marijuana and alcohol by teens, explicit language, and fighting.

Jeff saved him the trouble of figuring it out. On Monday, as school was letting out, they were all standing near their cars in the parking lot when they heard the sound of a hot engine approaching. They looked up as the Camaro turned into the parking lot, stood and watched as it came around and pulled up behind the Bee.

Brian could see Ed bristling, and the other members of the car crowd looked wary.

Jeff shut down the Chevy and leaned out of the car's window. "Hey, Brian."

Brian smiled, feeling an unexpected pleasure. "Jeff. What's up?"

The other boy shrugged, looked at his dashboard, reached out and flicked some dust or something off the instruments. "I kind of wanted to talk to you."

"Okay."

Jeff looked up at the sea of faces observing him. He frowned. "Well, a little more privately than this. Just us, I mean."

Ed put an a hand on Brian's arm. "Don't trust this guy, Bry," he said out of the side of his mouth.

Jeff very nearly smiled. "I'm not deaf, man."

Ed made a face. "Well, how do we know what you're up to? You could get Brian off someplace alone and Mahowsky and his swastika bunch could be there to beat the crap out of him or something." Ed shook his head. "And then we'd have to come over and burn your school down and kill all you stupid motherfuckers."

Brian looked at Ed in surprise. "Ease up, man."

Ed shook his head. "I don't trust these guys, Brian. You shouldn't, either."

Brian looked at Jeff. The other boy tried to meet his eyes, seemed to have trouble with it. But Brian didn't think it was because he was planning something sneaky. It felt like Jeff was a little scared, and what he was a little scared of was Brian.

Brian was sure, somehow, that this was important. This was the first step he had been wanting to find, and that Jeff was offering it himself was something special. Brian knew that if he refused to go with the other boy, then that would end everything right here and now.

End of what? an internal voice asked.

I don't know. And I'll never know, unless I go.

"Okay," Brian said. "You want me to follow you?"

"Yeah. It's about a fifteen minute drive. Is that okay?"

Brian nodded. "Okay. Take it easy, though. I don't want any tickets, and I don't drive my car hard before it warms up."

"Gotcha." Jeff started the Camaro.

Brian unlocked the Bee and got inside, started the engine.

"You sure you don't want me to ride shotgun?" Ed asked, bending down at the window.

"No. I'll be okay."

Ed clapped him on the shoulder. "You come by my house, or call me, or something, when you get done, okay?"

Brian nodded. "Relax, man. I'll be fine."

Ed stepped back, and Brian pulled slowly out of the parking space and got in line behind the Camaro. Jeff pulled out, crossed the lot slowly, and Brian followed.

In the rear view mirror, he could see the car crowd staring after him.

They went over to Route 5, headed down the strip. But when they got to the end of the developed area they kept on going, heading on out into the boonies. Jeff kept pretty much to the speed limit, and more than once Brian found himself admiring the other car. It still was one bad-ass looking ride, even if the mythical sheen had been burned off of it by the Bee.

It was longer than a fifteen-minute ride. Maybe Jeff was used to driving it in demon mode.

Brian was just starting to wonder what was up when Jeff slowed and turned right into a side street. It was narrow and winding, and led back into the woods, and Brian was just starting to think it looked like a good spot for an ambush when houses began to appear off in the woods, serviced mostly by gravel drives.

They were big houses, too.

Finally, Jeff slowed again, and turned into a black-topped drive. Brian followed, staring at the house visible at the other end. It was an English Tudor, maybe half-again the size of Brian's dad's house, and where the woods ended just before it the house was surrounded by landscaped lawns thick with shrubbery.

The drive split at that point, with the right-hand side looping up to the front door of the place and then circling back; and the left-hand drive heading around the side of the house. Jeff chose the left drive, and Brian followed.

The drive ended behind a screen of tall firs, in a large paved area before three garage doors. The paved area had parking at each edge, and a large Winnebago was sitting on one side. Jeff pulled up near the motor home, shut down the Camaro, and got out.

Brian parked the Bee behind the other car, turned off the engine, and climbed out.

Jeff came over. "Not what you expected, huh? I can tell you, Mahowsky is not hiding in the bushes."

Brian smiled. "Is this where you live?"

"It's my grandparent's house, but I might as well say I live here, because I spend more time here than at home." He looked pained. "It's a lot more comfortable here."

Brian nodded, but decided not to go into that dark alley.

"So - why are we here?"

Jeff looked momentarily unnerved. "I...I just wanted to talk to you."

"You could have done that at the school."

"No. I couldn't."

Brian met the other boy's eyes, but Jeff looked away, over at the Winnebago. "Come on inside."

He unlocked the door in the side of the big vehicle and opened it, climbed up the steps into the interior. Brian followed, not sure what to expect.

The motor home was empty. No enemies lurked behind the door.

"My grandparents are in Acapulco right now," Jeff explained. "There's no one here but us."

He went into the kitchenette of the Winnie, opened the refrigerator. "Wanna drink? I've got Coke, Sprite, and beer,"

Brian took a Coke. He followed the other boy to the sofa, and they sat down.

For a few minutes Jeff didn't say anything. But he watched Brian, until Brian started to feel uncomfortable with it. "So, Jeff - what's on your mind?"

Jeff frowned. "You could have fucked me up the other night. I didn't know you were a boxer. You could have hurt me bad."

"Mmm. How'd you find out?"

"Tim told me. He said I was lucky you were cool as shit." Jeff swallowed. "Are you?"

"Am I what?"

"Are you cool as shit?"

Brian laughed at that. "Hell - I don't know. That's not the kind of thing I can answer myself."

Jeff nodded. "Can I ask why you didn't hit me?"

Brian took a careful sip of his drink before answering. "I didn't want to hurt you."

Jeff looked unhappy at that. "I was trying to hurt you."

Brian shrugged. "You didn't."

"I know. I couldn't. I couldn't get a hand on you." He squinted at Brian. "What the fuck are you?"

Brian blinked. "I don't get that."

Jeff scratched his cheek. "You're fast as shit. Your car is fast as shit. There's something about you - something about speed. Something different."

Brian stared at the other boy. "I have good reflexes. I'm trained not to get hit. I spent a few thousand dollars to get my car to run like it does. There's no mystery, nothing strange about it. Any of it."

Jeff licked his lips, looked scared somehow. He leaned forward. "Are you gay, Brian?" he whispered.

Brian was shocked. Jeff had seen the It. Jeff had glimpsed past all of Brian's defenses, and seen the true him inside.

For a moment he froze, unable to say anything, unable to react. He stared at the other boy, who simply stared right back. Brian's mind turned a spotlight on Jeff's words, replayed the way he'd said them, examined again the look on his face as he'd asked. And Brian saw the truth of it, there in the glow.

Jeff's question wasn't threatening. It wasn't an accusation. It was simple and direct.

And it was a plea.

Brian stared at the other boy, saw the same thing in his eyes that he had seen in Chris's eyes two years before. Hope. Interest. Need.

Brian nodded. "Yes. You?"

Jeff closed his eyes, nodded in return. His anguish was plain to see.

"It's not a sentence," Brian said slowly. "It's not a prison that we're in. It just is." He nodded. "I learned that the hard way, but I learned it. It's only as bad as you let it be, Jeff."

Jeff opened his eyes. "Maybe. Maybe that's my problem. I let it be bad." He licked his lips again. "Can I come closer?"

Brian smiled. "Yes."

Jeff set his drink on the little coffee table, slid himself near. But then he stopped. "Am I wasting my time?"

Brian shook his head. "No."

Jeff smiled for the first time. "You're so easy to talk to. I noticed that when you were sitting in the car with me."

Brian leaned closer to Jeff, looked into his eyes. "What about that? Tim told me later I was the only guy you had ever let inside the car."

Jeff nodded. "Yeah, that's right. You are." He stared at Brian. "I saw your car drive up, and you guys got out. You looked right over at me, and it was like you could see me there. Like you looked right into my eyes. You started walking towards me, looking, and I started thinking, what's this guy doing?"

Brian grinned. "I was checking out your wheels."

"I know. But you walked right up to the car, and you walked around, and you bent down and you looked in the window. I got a good look at you, and..."

Brian waited. "And?"

Jeff nodded. "I liked what I saw."

Brian smiled. "Yeah. Can I ask you why you got so mad after the race?"

Jeff looked uncomfortable. "That whole thing was dumb. I'm sorry." He shrugged. "My feelings got hurt. I guess I felt like I liked you, and I trusted you, and you kind of did me dirty."

Brian sighed. "You challenged me to the run, Jeff."

"I know. I thought you'd lied to me about your car being stock, and that you'd just come to talk to me that night so you could get a line on what I had under the hood. When you trashed Mahowsky's car, I thought I'd been suckered."

"I'm sorry about that," Brian said. "I didn't trick you. My dad and I built a second engine and then we just put it in the car one Saturday. It was a quick change." He smiled. "I didn't put out a press release."

Jeff laughed. "You have a good sense of humor." He reached out and laid a hand on Brian's, looked up at him. "I don't know how to do this, Brian. I've never known a single guy I could talk to about this."

Brian sensed Jeff's loneliness now - an ache that went deep. He understood it all too well. Had Brian not been lucky enough to find Chris, he would be in exactly Jeff's position now. Never to have known intimacy, or love.

He looked into Jeff's eyes, saw a warmth there that he knew signified a sweet heart. Maybe one a little conflicted, though. Maybe one a little unsure.

Brian leaned closer, sharing the gaze more intently, smiling, letting Jeff know that he was safe. Jeff responded by smiling back - a smile of relief, one of hope.

Brian took that as permission, and leaned in until their foreheads came together. "Okay?"

Jeff laughed. "Hell, yes," he breathed.

Brian closed his eyes, feeling with amazement the utter satisfaction at being this close to Jeff. Two years it had been since he had been close to someone like this. He wanted simply to reach out and pull the other boy closer, wanted to --

Slow down, he thought.

Jeff needed to do this at his own speed.

"Oh, man," Jeff said softly. "This is good, Brian."

Brian opened his eyes. "Was it what you thought it would be like?"

"Shit - I don't know. It's just been make-believe until now. I imagined touching, being close - but I couldn't imagine the feel of it. You know - what it was like to really touch skin."

Jeff pushed his face closer, turned it gently back and forth against Brian's in a move that reminded Brian of Chris. He had done that same thing once, about a hundred years ago.

Jeff pushed himself nearer, put an arm around Brian's shoulders and pulled him close. "Tell me if I go wrong," Jeff said quietly.

"You're good. You're very good."

Jeff leaned his face into the crook of Brian's neck and breathed in, sighed out. "Fuck."

Brian put his own arm around Jeff, slid his hand inside the neckband of Jeff's tee-shirt, squeezed the warm flesh of his shoulder. He let his fingers start a slow and peaceful massage there, one that didn't ask for a single thing, but one that offered comfort.

Just to touch someone like this again was heaven.

Time went by, but how much Brian didn't know. He could hear Jeff breathing, feel his warmth, feel his need. Brian still had that little thing inside him that wanted to comfort the other boy, to be tender with him, to tuck him close and tell him the world was really pretty cool, and that everything would be okay.

But already that feeling was evolving. Jeff didn't need little-boy comforting. Jeff was as adult as was Brian, and what the other boy needed was someone that understood how his life was for him, understood how he felt about it, and would accept him and care about him and treat him as an equal partner.

Jeff needed a friend as much as he needed anything else. That the other boy had been walking a particularly dark and empty road was obvious to see. He seemed incomplete inside - a thing that Brian knew about, because he had been there himself.

Jeff turned his face up, pressed it into Brian's cheek, and Brian felt a small kiss.

He pulled back and looked at Jeff, who immediately looked contrite. "I'm sorry. Was that wrong?"

Brian smiled. "No. It was fine." He dropped his head, pressed his lips gently to Jeff's and kissed him back. Jeff was briefly immobile; but then his lips were pushing back, responding. Responding eagerly.

They spent the rest of the afternoon sitting together, touching and kissing, and getting comfortable with each other. Brian was amazed at how quickly his body returned to that comfortable state it maintained when it was thrust against another body in need.

And Jeff was in a state of need. That he needed someone to care about him was plain; and that he felt he had found that somebody in Brian, equally clear. Jeff's smile ran deeply, and his eyes held a sparkle that could only result from the feeling that he had been lucky enough to discover gold.

Buried treasure, unexpectedly found, is twice as thrilling as having pursued it over time.

But finally, it was approaching the hour that Brian knew he needed to go home to dinner.

Jeff didn't want him to go. "Call your parents. Tell them you're eating here."

Brian smiled, shook his head. "If I was going to do that, I should have done it hours ago. I don't want to do that to my mom."

Jeff frowned. "Can you come back after you eat?"

Brian considered that. He wanted very much to come back. He looked at Jeff now and already felt the connection they had made, felt that unnameable link that drew the lives of two people onto one very special, shared path. Already, Brian did not want to be separated from Jeff.

Brian was allowed out in the evenings during the week, but had an unofficial curfew of eleven-thirty on a school night. That would be more than enough time to return, and to get to know Jeff better.

"Yeah. I can come back. You want me to?" He grinned.

Jeff laughed. "Would fuck, yeah be too strong a way to say it?"

"Okay. I'll come back. About seven?"

"I'll be right here."

Brian got up to go. Jeff reached out a hand to stop him. "Brian - there's more to this, right?"

Brian looked down at him, grinned again. "You mean sex?"

Jeff looked like a small thrill ran through him at the mention of the word. His whole face smiled. "Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Yeah."

Brian nodded. "Yeah. There's more."

Jeff's smile tightened. "Have you, uh, done this before?"

Brian nodded. "Yes."

The look of relief that flooded Jeff's face was almost comical. '"Great. Because I have to tell you I haven't got a fucking clue what to do next."

Brian had to smile. He patted his chin with a forefinger. "You haven't imagined?"

"Oh, hell, yeah. I've imagined a shitload of stuff. But that's not the same as doing."

Brian bent down, kissed Jeff on top of the head. "I'll show you, if need be. Relax."

Jeff got up and followed him outside to the Bee. Brian unlocked the car, rolled down the window and got inside. Jeff bent at the window and looked in. "I'm so glad I was right about you, Brian."

Brian pushed the key into the ignition switch, but didn't start the car. "What were you right about?"

Jeff narrowed his eyes, remembering. "It's weird. When you had me wrapped up there when we were fighting, you told me you didn't want to hurt me, and you told me to give it up."

Brian nodded. "I remember."

Jeff nodded, too, opening his eyes. "And I was still trying to get at you. And then, you said please."

Brian smiled. "I remember that, too."

Jeff sighed. "It was the way you said it, Brian. It went straight the fuck inside me, and I realized what you were saying was that you really didn't want to hurt me. You did everything you could to not hurt me, Brian. And I wondered, why would you do that? And then I realized the way you had me, like you were hugging me."

Brian laughed. "It was a headlock, man."

"Yeah? Well it felt like a hug. It felt like one because you weren't trying to hurt me with it. You were trying to protect me."

Brian stared at Jeff. "You got all that out of what happened?"

Jeff shrugged, his expression intent. "Am I totally wrong?"

Brian thought about it, smiled. "No. I really didn't want to hurt you."

Jeff shook his head. "Why?"

Brian was silent a moment while his own thoughts caught up. "I liked you. And...when I thought I might have to hurt you, I realized how much I liked you, I guess."

Jeff nodded. "When you let me loose, and I looked at you, that's what I saw. How much you liked me. And that there was something else – something special there, too."

Brian was silent.

Jeff looked thoughtful, reached inside the car and absently rubbed Brian's shoulder. "I couldn't believe it - not at first. I came back here and I sat right on that couch in the Winnie until I fell asleep, thinking about it. Thinking about you. And then all day Sunday I thought about you, and then I started to doubt what I had seen in your eyes."

Jeff closed his eyes at the memory. "I was scared, and I was kind of fucked up, because I wanted you to like me like that. And then I just didn't know." He opened his eyes. "So I decided to come to your school and just ask you." He laughed. "Well, not there, of course. So I brought you here."

Brian smiled. "Amazing. But I'm glad you did."

For a moment Jeff looked vulnerable. "Can I trust you, Brian?"

"Yes."

Jeff watched Brian's eyes, then smiled. He leaned in further, kissed Brian's cheek. "See you when you get back."

Brian had trouble concentrating on the way home. He nearly missed a red light, and had to slam on the brakes, and just missed going into the intersection full of cross traffic.

After that he was more careful, but still distracted.

Jeff.

Holy fuck, had that situation changed in a hurry. Brian felt pulled in several different directions, didn't know quite what to focus on. Some of it was that it was just sinking in that maybe Brian was going to have a relationship again. Some of it was a kind of wicked amazement that this could have happened to him. Some of it was a pleased sense of anticipation about what might happen next.

Jeff had pretty much said he was interested in sex, and Brian felt comfortable with the idea of being with Jeff that way. It was amazing how quickly Jeff had carved a little niche in Brian's emotions. The other boy was a fascinating mix of ups and downs, and Brian was till trying to sort some of that out.

But the bottom line was simple: Brian liked Jeff, he cared about Jeff, and he was attracted to the guy enough to want to kiss him - a thing he might easily enough lay on some chick like Annabelle, but never on another guy without damn good cause.

Brian smiled. He still had that urge to just put his arms around Jeff and hug him, give him a kiss, and tell him everything would be okay. To protect him. That could only mean that Brian had let the other boy inside his defenses, and next to his heart. Damn if it didn't sound like Brian had found himself a new boyfriend.

When Brian got home, his dad was relaxing out on the patio and his mom said it would still be about fifteen minutes until dinner. Brian went outside to tell his dad he'd be going out again after they ate.

"Oh, yeah? Just remember it's a school night, okay?"

"I will." Brian grinned and sat down. "I have a new friend, dad. I was over at his place this afternoon."

His father looked at him, maybe saw something special in Brian's eyes, thought he knew what it was. "Car guy?"

Brian nodded. "Chevy, too."

His dad turned in his seat, grinning. "Tell."

"Sixty-nine Camaro, 427 L-71, four speed."

His dad looked impressed. "Ouch. You run him yet?"

"Saturday night. He's the one I beat at Zion."

"Oh, yeah, that's the one you told me about." His dad nodded, but raised an eyebrow. “He got over it, I take it? You guys are friends now?"

"Yep."

His dad gave him a knowing look. "I met more car buddies that way. That's pretty cool, Brian. So you're going back to hang out and talk cars, huh?"

Brian nodded. "More or less." Actually, less, but Brian couldn't explain his real reasons for going back to Jeff's. Oddly, he felt comfortable now with this small deception with his dad, knowing it was just a necessary thing in order for all of them to remain happy.

Have fun,” his dad said, sitting back. “I'm sure you will.”


Brian got to his feet and went inside, glanced at the clock, and gave Ed a quick call to let him know he was still alive.

"I was gettin' worried, dude," Ed said, after he had answered. "Ready to send out the Marines, you know?"

"It was cool. We just went by his grandparent's place and hung out a little. I like the guy."

Ed made a sound on the phone. "He's kinda creepy, if you ask me. I still remember the way he was looking at you when he left that night up at Zion. Stone cold freaky, Brian."

"Well, he was okay today."

Ed laughed. "Well, I don't care, just so long as nothing happened to you. Are we doing anything later?"

Most evenings, Ed walked over and they hung out in the driveway, and Brian tinkered with the Bee while Ed shot baskets in the hoop above the paved tee across from the one occupied by Brian's car. Or, they might drive the strip a little, and hang out in the parking lot at Mickey Dee's a bit, watching the cars come in.

But not tonight.

"No, I got some shit to do this evening. I'll see you at school tomorrow."

"Okay, dude. I suppose I can get along without you one evening this week. Let's don't make that a habit, though, okay?"

Brian laughed. "Yup. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Sure. Stay cool, bro. Bye."

"Bye."

Brian hung up the phone and went to eat.

Reader's Note: Some chapters of his story contains scenes with the use of marijuana and alcohol by teens, explicit language, and fighting.
Copyright © 2016 Geron Kees; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Love 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

I loved the interaction between Brian and Jeff. Now I'm wondering how long the relationship will last... is it a high school romance, doomed upon graduation, or are they forging something more permanent? (don't answer, since I'm sure you will let us know as the story progresses ;) ) I see trouble ahead for Brian and Ed's friendship. It doesn't seem that Brian is ready to come out to him, and I can imagine Ed wondering why Brian isn't hanging out with him as much as he used to. It was a different time back then, so I can just imagine the fall-out if their secret is discovered. Great chapter. :)

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 09/10/2016 12:11 PM, Valkyrie said:

I loved the interaction between Brian and Jeff. Now I'm wondering how long the relationship will last... is it a high school romance, doomed upon graduation, or are they forging something more permanent? (don't answer, since I'm sure you will let us know as the story progresses ;) ) I see trouble ahead for Brian and Ed's friendship. It doesn't seem that Brian is ready to come out to him, and I can imagine Ed wondering why Brian isn't hanging out with him as much as he used to. It was a different time back then, so I can just imagine the fall-out if their secret is discovered. Great chapter. :)

I was just about to ask you if you lived here - but I guess I can't talk! I have gotten so I cruise by this site every few hours just to see what's going on. It's a little addicting, and I even have company this evening!

You have a good handle on what's coming - but you may still be surprised. No more races now for the rest of the story. Just people.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I love the gentle, tentative approach you used to bring these two together. This is the scary/golden moment of disclosure and the sharing of trust that is the basis for any relationship. Kids today don't really recall a time when it was hard to find another boy and to finally open up to him--in that way, the Internet and movies have done society a supreme disservice.
I knew my best friend all through high school before I came out to him in our sophomore year of college. His response: if you ever want to try anything, I'll be there. I had no clue he was bi and had had a relationship before, but he was gentle and kind, and we shared everything about lovemaking--I look back now and realize how lucky I was that he was versatile also--that allowed me to come to enjoy both roles, and I've searched for that ever since. Relationships for me are between equals, not roles of one dominating the other.
I like Jeff a lot, and hope this will work out.
Is Ed going to be a problem? He seems to have a suspicious nature, so I hope that will wear off in time.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 09/10/2016 01:26 PM, ColumbusGuy said:

I love the gentle, tentative approach you used to bring these two together. This is the scary/golden moment of disclosure and the sharing of trust that is the basis for any relationship. Kids today don't really recall a time when it was hard to find another boy and to finally open up to him--in that way, the Internet and movies have done society a supreme disservice.

I knew my best friend all through high school before I came out to him in our sophomore year of college. His response: if you ever want to try anything, I'll be there. I had no clue he was bi and had had a relationship before, but he was gentle and kind, and we shared everything about lovemaking--I look back now and realize how lucky I was that he was versatile also--that allowed me to come to enjoy both roles, and I've searched for that ever since. Relationships for me are between equals, not roles of one dominating the other.

I like Jeff a lot, and hope this will work out.

Is Ed going to be a problem? He seems to have a suspicious nature, so I hope that will wear off in time.

I had a kind of unique childhood. I came to the the US from Netherlands when I was nine. Netherlands had their gay revolution when I was a baby, even allowing gays into the military by 1970. So I grew up in a culture where gays were "out" by the time their sexuality became a factor in their lives at twelve or thirteen years of age. Gay guys there were unabashed about their sexuality, and the culture of that time - while not yet embracing homosexuality as "standard" - was tolerant and open about it. Gays were in no danger to be out, and I talked to older teens in my neighborhood and had a real understanding of what it was like for them to be interested in their own gender. A good thing, because I was already taking steps in that direction myself.

When I came to the US - now, that was a culture shock. This country was frighteningly repressive of homosexuality in 1976 - you could get the crap beaten out of you for even making jokes about it to the wrong people. And yet, I managed, somehow, to find someone in my rural, wooded area with a like mind, and had my first real boyfriend by the time I was 13. I never looked back, although I did find that I liked girls too, later on in my teens. I have been extraordinarily lucky to have had wonderful people in my life, and never once had to deal with exposure, ridicule, or prejudice. My family always stood behind me, and my friends always stood by my side. So today I write stories where all of those people values are important. Yes, sometimes they seem farfetched; but there are those - a small minority, like me - who somehow managed to evade much of the horrors and fears of growing up bisexual or gay in my generation. This side of the coin, also, must be explored.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Wow. Jeff showed a lot of guts. You exhibited his need, bordering on desperation, so beautifully, and Brian's protective care that made the scene work like magic. This was that coming together we all experience in different ways. The fear, the thrill, the rush of feelings, the special sharing for the first time... tremendous... I was so caught up. I'm glad this didn't become about sex. The undercurrent was there, but you kept it where it should be, for now. I just fell a little bit more in love with Brian. I'm invested, and I sure hope there's a happy ending. Great job, Geron... cheers... Gary....

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 09/20/2016 04:10 PM, Headstall said:

Wow. Jeff showed a lot of guts. You exhibited his need, bordering on desperation, so beautifully, and Brian's protective care that made the scene work like magic. This was that coming together we all experience in different ways. The fear, the thrill, the rush of feelings, the special sharing for the first time... tremendous... I was so caught up. I'm glad this didn't become about sex. The undercurrent was there, but you kept it where it should be, for now. I just fell a little bit more in love with Brian. I'm invested, and I sure hope there's a happy ending. Great job, Geron... cheers... Gary....

Wow, yourself. You'd make a fantastic publicity lead, you know that? I just don't know if I could afford you :).

As for the ending - I love happy endings. Life - real life - doesn't like them so much. There need to be more of them, don't you think? :).

Thanks for the great review.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I think Ed is going to have to get used to not being Brian's constant companion. It would be the same if Jeff had been a woman. But I have to wonder if Ed has feelings for Brian even as he lusts after large-breasted women.  ;–)

Link to comment
8 hours ago, jryski said:

I totally understand "it" im sure most of us had felt it early on

I felt it fairly young. Still feel it today. It can be a source of complete frustration, but also a source of very great joy.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Geron Kees said:

I felt it fairly young. Still feel it today. It can be a source of complete frustration, but also a source of very great joy.

For me now its more like I hope to sense or feel it when a cute boy talks to me but no luck lol.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 minute ago, jryski said:

For me now its more like I hope to sense or feel it when a cute boy talks to me but no luck lol.

There is no rush in finding love. It gets to you when it gets to you. You'll know it when you see it, believe me! :)

 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Geron Kees said:

There is no rush in finding love. It gets to you when it gets to you. You'll know it when you see it, believe me! :)

 

Boys these days just arent the same. No use looking for love. Dogs are great though. Probably get a couple of those I'm done.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, jryski said:

Boys these days just arent the same. No use looking for love. Dogs are great though. Probably get a couple of those I'm done.

Well, there has to be someone out there that feels the way you do. Maybe most guys aren't the same these days. But if you can feel the way you do, someone else can, too.

 

Looking for love is hard. Finding it can be even harder. But don't rule it out. The guy looking at dogs in the pet shop right next to you may be the one.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Geron Kees said:

Well, there has to be someone out there that feels the way you do. Maybe most guys aren't the same these days. But if you can feel the way you do, someone else can, too.

 

Looking for love is hard. Finding it can be even harder. But don't rule it out. The guy looking at dogs in the pet shop right next to you may be the one.

Hahaha you right! Or he could be a furry and be hella into dogs or worse, a bronie. You never know these days. 😂

Edited by jryski
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..