Jump to content
    Grunge_Ken
  • Author
  • 593 Words
  • 651 Views
  • 2 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Poetry in the Dark - 1. A letter to my boy.

I.

To whom you are and who you may be

I’ll always know you as my Chuma boy.

For all I remember are words that were spoken with a voice so grazing. Words, that seemed to be the last for us. Though all I have are piercing eyes and an ever elusive image of your visage. I do know I love you dear.

In all the moments where I think of you, what I felt when first our eyes met and your smile opened my heart to something mystical that even the broadest vocabulary cannot describe. Ever since that moment where we saw each other, and realised our feelings of which none of us can describe. Ever since that day you closed my heart for any other man other than yourself. Ever since that day where I fell madly in love with you and you with I, I cannot help but try and place your face, know you, try and describe, or find you. I so badly want to find you, find out whether you too think of the day you fell for a boy you have never seen and had never met thereafter. A boy that was so frivolous and yet to the eyes of your soul seemed so precious, a boy that was swept off his feet by the gaze your hearts’ smile gave and pierced through deep down inside him.

Now a man awaits, a man with the heart of your boy, a boy that only you can invoke, for it was only you that knew him, without ever knowing him. I think of you and how your lovers treat you. Do they know that you are mine? Do they know that only I can steal your heart? Do they know that my love runs deep for you and yours for me? There are times where my soul shuts down and becomes consumed in darkness. These times my body and mind want to travel to a certain place. Could it be that your heart yearns for mine? Could it be that you call for me in times of your deepest despair? I whisper sweet nothings to you in these moments of darkness, I whisper all the soothing words they taught me. They all taught me these words but with you I whisper them with feelings I’ll never understand.

I don’t know how it came to that I could love a man that I don’t know, a man that in a minute was made to feel like and be the centre of my life. To once gaze in the eyes of a great love and lose it within seconds of laying eyes on it. We’ve been apart for too long, grown apart for too long. I stand here waiting for you to come look me in my eyes and sell me the love you sold me seven years ago. When all we did was stare from a distance and feel chemistry and love for each other. At times it seems as if God gives me your name, but would I ever know it to be yours? Will I ever know if it’s you that walks by? I know this sounds crazy, but it’ll only be crazy if you aren’t the man behind a counter giving me a lesson in loving humility.

To whoever you are, you have my heart and the dearest part of my soul.

Regards

The boy whose soul you left in a butchery that long lost hope.

Thank you very much for reading. I appreciate every single view and like :)
©Copyright (2015) (Grunge Ken); All Rights Reserved
  • Like 4
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Sometimes a few moments go by in exquisite slow motion.

Why does time slow down? Because we are fully awake, and seeing, because we are capturing a memory that will change the meaning of our life.

 

I suspect this poem is about one such moment. A brief transaction, a few words, glances, and love. Love passed, love received, the meaning of two lives altered forever.

 

Thanks for sharing this.

Link to comment
On 03/26/2015 01:51 PM, AC Benus said:
Sometimes a few moments go by in exquisite slow motion.

Why does time slow down? Because we are fully awake, and seeing, because we are capturing a memory that will change the meaning of our life.

 

I suspect this poem is about one such moment. A brief transaction, a few words, glances, and love. Love passed, love received, the meaning of two lives altered forever.

 

Thanks for sharing this.

That's exactly it. I'm just glad that I'm not the only one out there to ever experience such a moment.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..