Jump to content
    Insurgency
  • Author
  • 677 Words
  • 1,196 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

My Little Secret - 1. Chapter 1- "Secrets Best Kept Hidden"

I woke up later than usual. I was supposed to be up by six, but it was almost nine in the morning. Last night was pretty rough. I had finally come out to my best friend... And my mom in one day. I guess my mom thought I needed a break or something.

I staggered out of my room and into the bathroom. I looked at my reflection in the mirror and giggled at what I saw. My tear-stained face, hair in a chaotic mess, and my clothes in a comical array on my body. I can't believe I actually fell asleep fully clothed. I look so pathetic right now...

I started to wash my face and remembered the events from last night. I thought of Jaime... I had finally told him about my secret. That I was gay, but not only that, also that I had a crush on him. One of the best friends I've had since we were both kids. I remembered his face... the way he looked at me, and...

NO. Just don't think about it. It's over and I need to forget about it. We're not friends anymore and he hates me. It's for the best. For both of us...

i finished up and walked out of the bathroom and into the kitchen where I saw my mom sitting at a dining table. Weird... she should have been at work hours ago. I walked towards the table and sat across from her. She noticed me coming and smiled at me. Um... I really hope this doesn't turn into a mommy talk. Even though its comforting, not really what I wanted right now.

She started to talk, "So how'd you sleep, honey."

"Fine." I replied. Maybe I should just keep it simple. I can only imagine what must be going through her mind right now. I mean hearing your son admit he was gay must really make a parent think, right?

"So, I want to talk to you about last night..."

Great. I knew this would come up, so no use trying to prevent it. "Uh, about what?" I replied cautiously.

"Well, I'm very happy that you told me the truth about yourself, sweetie. I couldn't stand it if you ever thought that there was a reason you couldn't talk to me about something. I always want to be here for you, and I love you so much for being honest."

Wow... I didn't expect that. "Thanks mom... I'm glad you understand-"

She cut me short and continued. "I know, but... I'm sure you know what I really want to talk about."

God, no. Not about Jaime. I don't want to talk about that. "Mom... let's just leave it alone. I already told you... it was just an argument me and Jaime had. Nothing more. We just decided to not be friends anymore."

"That's exactly it though, sweetie! You say it was just an argument, but you came home last night completely in tears and covered in bruises." She looked down at my arm, where a very noticeable bruise had formed. I tucked it away, and put it underneath the table, away from her view. "That's not an argument... and since when do friends decide to just 'not be friends anymore' without a reason anyways? Honey... did he hurt you?" She looked at me with worry in her eyes.

I need her to stop with these questions. Why can't she just leave it alone! "Mom! Just stop! I don't want to talk about it!" I started to get up and walk back to my room. Tears starting to form in my eyes. No, no, not right now dammit!

"Sweetie, wait-"

I ignored her. I don't want this right now. I don't want to relive last night. it's just... too painful. I'll just go to my room and cry it all away. I'll get over it...

We're not friends anymore and he hates me. That's what HE wanted... I knew I should have never told him. It should have stayed my secret... no one would have gotten hurt...

p style="font-size:1em;line-height:1.3em;">Sorry for the such short chapter. This story is a little more personal for me considering its an actual depiction of a situation in my own life. So, hopefully this story will blossom over time. Hehe. Trust me... it develops much more in the future. smile.png

Thanks for reading and please leave me your opinion!

2014 Insurgency
  • Like 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 07/28/2014 06:07 AM, Quiet man said:
Nice introduction. Looks to be a good and interesting story. Brad
Thanks! I'm glad you think so! :)
Link to comment

I'm so sad for Asher. He's gotta be heartbroken that his best friend broke up their friendship over something that should not have mattered to a "friend" at all. Well, maybe the crush part, but still...I can't imagine ending a lifelong friendship with someone b/c of something they can't even help.

 

I love Asher's mom though; he lucked out in that regard. :)

 

 

I'm looking forward to reading more.

Link to comment
On 07/28/2014 06:38 AM, paul.b said:
A good start looking forward to reading more
Glad you're interested!
Link to comment
On 07/28/2014 06:47 AM, Lisa said:
I'm so sad for Asher. He's gotta be heartbroken that his best friend broke up their friendship over something that should not have mattered to a "friend" at all. Well, maybe the crush part, but still...I can't imagine ending a lifelong friendship with someone b/c of something they can't even help.

 

I love Asher's mom though; he lucked out in that regard. :)

 

 

I'm looking forward to reading more.

The story is mostly based on my own experience. My mom was like Asher's (more or less) and she was definitely more concerned over me getting hurt. I can't wait for you guys to read more! :)
Link to comment

This could use some development. I never get a feel for your main character, not even his name. Needs more depth, and more action. Dialogue alone gets old. Has promise, but needs a lot of work.

Link to comment
On 07/28/2014 07:32 AM, JulieLHayes said:
This could use some development. I never get a feel for your main character, not even his name. Needs more depth, and more action. Dialogue alone gets old. Has promise, but needs a lot of work.
Thanks for your advice! I know this chapter is a little wonky, most of mine are at first. I'm stil working on this and the first chapter was more of an experiment to kind of see what direction to go in. Sorry you don't like the names, but don't really know what to tell you about that. I hope you'll stick around to see if it grows on you. :)
Link to comment

It's a good start. I look forward to reading more about what went down between Asher and his "best friend", Jaime.

Link to comment
On 07/28/2014 08:15 AM, huktaunluv said:
It's a good start. I look forward to reading more about what went down between Asher and his "best friend", Jaime.
Glad you liked it! ^_^
Link to comment

Just enough of a hook to sink in and bait the reader.

In many ways that is a really great ploy, as it is short, sharp and a reader is almost forced to read chapter two, where you can strike and make sure you've really hooked the reader well and truly to your story.

That does mean though, that you must make the next chapter a really good one, and I'm lucky enough to be joining the story just as chapter two is ready for me to go and read. :) So I shall do this and let you know what if you've hooked me or not.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..