Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ivor's short shorts - 1. PT 7

An angel, a vampire, a werewolf and a human walk into a bar.

Halo, what can I get you?” the barman says to the angel.

My friend here,” replies the angel, pointing to the vampire, “would like a Bloody Mary.”

Ah, she's sitting at the table over by the window. And what about the other two?”

Well he,” this time pointing at the werewolf, “can hardly ever make up his mind what he wants. He just keep changing, but based on last night, I suspect he needs the hair of a dog.”

And the gentleman?”

He would like a whisky – VAT 69. for some reason that number appears to have a special significance for him.”

Right, and what about you, sir?”

I would like some ambrosia.”

Sorry sir, but you'll need to try the grocery store just down the street. We don't sell tinned rice pudding.”

 

                                                     =============

Yeah, I know it's daft but what else do you expect with those words. 🙂
Copyright © 2021 Ivor Slipper; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 12
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Groan...I knew ambrosia has meant a food/drink of the gods, and I seem to recall an old recipe for a dessert in one of my cookbooks for a dish named that, but didn't know it was a rice pudding.  I thought it was some sort of meringue-based mixture...

I can't wait for more glimpses into your shorts, my dear!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

This was a fun jaunt, but I had to check the rice pudding to make sure I knew what we were talking about.

Haha. Um, I won't comment on CG's wanting to look into your shorts! :)

Oh...wait!

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Geron Kees said:

This was a fun jaunt, but I had to check the rice pudding to make sure I knew what we were talking about.

Haha. Um, I won't comment on CG's wanting to look into your shorts! :)

Oh...wait!

 

I feared the Ambrosia line probably wouldn't work in the US - bit like courgettes in another story.🙂

CG might be surprised at what he finds!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..