Jump to content

JM Shorts: That Year With Joe (A Three Part Novella)

   (1 review)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama, Coming of Age

3 Part Novella.

When you think about it, being in love is a horrible feeling if the person you're in love with does not feel the same back. In fact, I'd say being in love from one side only is the equivalent of mental torture. I'm Craig, and I wanna take you through parts of my year with Joe. 

This story begins with us and ends with me. It's about me, my feelings and that terrible pain of one sided love. I was 14, in the middle of puberty and all the fun that comes with that. It was also the time I think I could tell I liked boys. But of course, that had to be a secret, and Joe was my biggest secret of all.

Copyright © 2022 James Matthews; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (2 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 2
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 0
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

drsawzall

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

An honest and raw first hand account of unrequited first love. Painfully accurate and a well written account of a young teen struggling with his homosexuality in a closeted world.

See through the eyes of a troubled 14 yr old boy as he comes to terms with the object of his desire, a 16 yr old boy Joe, an adonis in the making.

Response from the author:

Thank you, Dr.

A beautifully said and appreciated review :) 

  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..