Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

George & Jim - 8. Chapter 8

It started as a typical Saturday in which I was going to help George move. His new friend Tim is a very stable and good influence on George, and when I have seen them together, it's like watching puppy love bloom. It's obvious when you are around them together that there is something much deeper starting between them.

George and Tim had met in a coffee shop about a month ago and had hit it off even though there was almost 20 years difference in their ages. George is a middle-aged guy in OK shape, Tim is in his mid-thirties but has the body of a Greek god. Kind of an unlikely pair, but it seems to be working somehow.

I met George and Tim at George's Olympia apartment late Saturday morning. We had previously boxed up everything and moved it out of the apartment into the garage, and I had arranged a couple of friends to show up and help with the loading so it didn't take very long to move George's possessions from the garage to the truck. All told about 2 hours.

We all then broke for lunch, George's treat at the local Applebees. Everyone had a good time and wished George goodbye, and good luck in Vancouver.

I had previously written a short piece about my relationship with George, and I wanted to give it to him as a parting gift and as a way to express my true feelings. I was unsure if this was a good idea or not because I didn't want to open up any recent wounds or cause him any further pain.

Tim was driving the truck back south, so as we said our goodbyes, I took Tim aside and told him what I had done and give the envelope to him asking him to give it to George when he thought he was ready. I thought that would be the end of it.

I drove back home, expecting to do normal Saturday stuff, walk the dogs, and mow the lawn and some laundry. I'd only been there about 30 minutes and had the lawnmower out front when Tim and George drove up in the U-Haul truck. I was so afraid that I had somehow hurt George I was almost ready to throw up. That was the last thing I ever wanted to do.

George jumped out of the truck, tears streaming from his eyes, grabbed me, started hugging me like it the last thing he would ever do. I was stunned and even shocked when Tim caught up to us and started doing the same thing.

Tim had given George the story about us as they pulled on the freeway heading south. They hadn't gotten but a couple of miles down the road, evidently George was bawling as he read. Tim was concerned and pulled over wanting to know what was wrong.

George gave him the pages and said, “Read this.”

I guess by the time he was through he was crying as well.

They talked and decided that they had to go back and hatched a plan together.

George was almost overcome with emotion as we went back inside my place saying, “I never really knew just how much you cared for me.”

I couldn't say anything; I was too overcome myself.

Tim took charge and asked, “Can we stay here tonight?”

I was overjoyed at the prospect. I had been with them before and wasn't going to turn down any time we could spend together.

Tim called his friends in Vancouver that were going to help unload the truck and rescheduled for Sunday afternoon, and we were all set, no one had any obligations for the next 24 hours.

George and I just sat together on the couch, both misty-eyed, hugging each other.

I kept telling him, “ I’m not trying to dredge up hurtful memories for you. I just needed to get it out so I could deal with my feelings.”

George told me, “It was the most beautiful thing anyone had ever done for me. For the first time, I really see what was going on through the eyes of someone else.”

Of course, after that, we were both bawling again.

Tim was in the kitchen and had found my small wine collection and picked out a nice bottle, some chips, and salsa and brought them into the living room. We all kind of took a step back, trying to compose ourselves. It wasn't long till we all three were laughing and having a good time together telling stories of our lives.

I learned a lot about Tim that afternoon. He came from a loving home that accepted him as he was, had two younger brothers, one of which was also gay. Tim had always known he wanted men. He had been totally out of the closet for at least ten years living on his own. Did two tours in the Army and had been a Ranger in Iraq and Afghanistan. He was a fitness buff but didn't have to work hard to keep his shape (Damn lucky guy). He owned his own graphic design business as he was doing well with nothing more than some casual friends.

I told him where I came from, and he already knew most of George’s story. We were settling in to be good friends and very comfortable with each other.

George said, “I had no idea how much you were affected by what had gone on. I’m still trying to get a grip on just how deeply you cared for me. I’m sorry for what I did, and if I had realized how you felt, I would have called you instead of just giving up.”

He was also sorry that he didn't feel quite the same way about me that I did about him.

I said, “Its all good, we will always be best friends. Any time you needed someone, just let me know.”

Tim also thanked me for helping George saying that my sacrifice helped him understand the pain that George was feeling and why he had done what he did. And he hoped I would find someone like me if I ever needed that support. I told him I already have it with Kermit and my other Second Life friends and would like him to meet him.

Tim had never heard of Second Life and was intrigued by the concept. George and I both told him about Kermit and Markarius, and I offered him my extra Avatar if he wanted to meet up within Second Life sometime. He said he would like that once they had gotten George moved in. I even logged on for a short time to show him what it was like. He loved the pictures Markarius had posted to me. We talked and laughed like this for a couple of hours.

Copyright © 2019 JimSqu Sunbelter; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..