Jump to content
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Johnathan Colourfield's Writing Exercises - 7. Session Seven - 25th July 2011

High Speed Chase, What Goes Without Saying?, Tree Hugger.

Exercise One: Place yourself or a character/s in a high-speed chase. What are the circumstances that led to it? What are the consequences?

It really wasn’t my fault. I dived into the car, afraid of what had happened back then.

Someone shot into my back window and I ducked. Do you know how hard it is to drive when you can’t see much of the road ahead of you.

Well, I had seen my mother off to her keep fit class and noticed the bald men in the black van behind me. I thought nothing of it and waited in the car.

The first of them got out of his van and came over and spoke to me.

‘Hello. Are you Jackson?’

I looked over my sunglasses. ‘Who wants to know?’

‘The Godfather wants to know.’

‘Why?’

‘Your mother owes him some money and we need to take her.’

‘I’ll fetch her for you.’ I moved inside but watched him return to the van. I moved into her class and dragged my mother out and threw her in the car and drove.

And here I am now.

I was just in a panic. I eventually got away from the men in the van. But now I’m always looking. Always paranoid.

Because I know one day they are going to try to come again for my mother and I have a feeling when they strike, it will be entirely unexpected. And that’s when I would lose my mother forever because of the debts she built up…

My poor mother.

Exercise Two: What Goes Without Saying?

There are several things in my mind that go without saying. One, is the almost instant reaction of homosexual related to campness. The mind always jumps to the thought that if someone is extravagant they are instantly either gay or bisexual however I know several people that ‘camp’ and are straight. Weird world we live in isn’t it?

The other thing that goes without saying is your actual sex. A lot of people who look like men are men and vice versa. However, there is the issue of being pre-op transsexual. Man these topics can get deep can’t they?

Exercise Three: She (think of a name) hugged the tree as she looked down at the ground far below. How did she get in the tree? Why is she there? What happens next?

Sarah was afraid. She hugged the tree as she looked down at the ground far below. She had climbed the tree as a dare between her and her brother Eustace. Of course, Eustace just wanted to get Sarah into a whole heap of trouble.

She started to climb the tree and tripped on a branch or two but managed to hold her grip on the rounded parts of the tree. She looked down at her knee, which had just healed from the grazes she received yesterday from the evil tree across the yard.

She continued climbing until she reached the top of the tree and then looked at how far she was from the ground and she started to panic and scream.

Eustace ran to get an adult but Sarah had fallen to a lower branch and broken her left arm.

Eustace got in trouble for even having the idea of such a dangerous dare.

They took her to the accident and emergency department within the hour and they sorted it out.

She now knew never to climb trees, no matter how much someone dares her.

Copyright © 2011 Johnathan Colourfield; All Rights Reserved.
The content presented here is for informational or educational purposes only. These are just the authors' personal opinions and knowledge.
Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are based on the authors' lives and experiences and may be changed to protect personal information. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..