Jump to content
    JujuTheDruid
  • Author
  • 3,381 Words
  • 1,517 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Currently attempting to edit this and all my stories once again! I am adding some small changes like how things are explained or even redoing interactions with characters entirely!
Hope you enjoy these new changes!

Star Crossed: Finding the other - 4. Open Invitation

Arnio

“Mekaias!” I hear Aileta shouting and running down the stairs.

I sigh and pull the little kit closer.

Poor thing pushed too hard today. He had learned how to teleport and he passed out before he even could ask me to join him.

I know he would have asked me to join again, but maybe I should have left him alone this time.

“Mekaias, get up!" Aileta shouts again, "You need to hide now!”

At that I jump up and almost fall off the bed.

Mekaias is finally awake and looks up with sleepy eyes that quickly widen in fear.

“Where am I supposed to hide?” He asks, his breathing picking up.

I start cleaning everything, trying to hide all traces that he’s been staying here.

“There is a trapdoor under the table.” She says.

I move the table and rug revealing the door. Grabbing the stone from the table, I hand it over, and then gently push Mekaias down the hatch.

I quickly remove the sheets on the bed and throw them down with him as well.

“I’ll get you out when the coast is clear,” Aileta says as she closes the door.

I pull the rug back over and place the table as it was before.

“Who is here?” I ask. I am still not entirely awake as of yet.

One look around says everything is how it looked before Mekaias was brought here.

"Who do you think?" She says, hurrying up the stairs.

I chase after her.

When we reach the top, we find three human men in strange grey and yellow uniforms are standing in the middle. They all have a flame sigil on one side of their shoulders.

One turns to us with a smile and says, “we are here under orders of your King to search for a Alentian that was spotted in this area.”

I vaguely remember the one talking. He’s taller than the rest, has scars all over the left side of his face.

He is King Talemo’s supposed best friend.

He comes over every now and then, mostly for pleasure in helping with executions. He is a very twisted man.

I will not allow him to get the kit.

“I am afraid I haven’t seen a Alentian in ten years, Tanner.” Aileta says all this with a casual voice, not at all sounding as panicked as she did moments before.

She walks over to the bar. “Would you care for a drink?”

“I think not. Duty calls I’m afraid.” Tanner gives a smirk then says, “are you sure you haven’t seen a little Alentian runt with sex slave markings on his face? It can be quite hard to miss.”

He nods to the two other men at his sides and they start inspecting the place.

One goes downstairs.

I so badly want to follow but I know that would look suspicious.

“Postive. Arnio, would you be a dear and get my drink from my room downstairs? I forgot I brought it down this morning.” She smiles at me but her eyes aren’t smiling as well.

I nod and head down.

They keep talking as I leave and until I don’t hear them at all, I pick up my pace.

The guard that came downstairs isn’t anywhere in the gym.

I think he’s in Mekaias’ room!

I try not to run down the stairs and do my best at appearing calm or normal.

When I walk into the room, I find the guard stepping out out of the bathroom.

“Getting a drink for the lady,” I say, walking to the kitchen and looking through all the wrong cupboards and cabinets to keep an eye on him.

He walks slowly around the table and towards the bed. He bends down to look under it and finds nothing.

He walks toward the giant basket of clothes and throws them all out around the room.

Asshole.

I finally get to the correct cabinet and pull a random drink that is safe for humans.

As I start to leave, the guard moves the table and rug revealing the trapdoor.

I freeze and watch him open it.

He looks in, pulling a flashlight out to see better before slamming it shut.

“What are you staring at?” He grunts and pushes past me up the stairs.

I watch him go into the gym.

I turn back and go to the trapdoor, flinging it open.

I see nothing but a few broken bottles on the ground through the dark.

Where is Mekaias? He didn’t move to the gym did he?

I rush up the stairs and peek into the gym.

It's a rather open space so nowhere to hide.

A quick look around shows that he isn’t in the gym.

The guard from before is still looking however.

I walk back up the stairs to Aileta. Tanner, and his other guard aren’t in the building.

I hand the drink to Aileta and she places it under the sink.

“Where are they?” I whisper.

“Tanner and his dog are outside looking at other places in the area. As soon as that other one is out of here we are fine.”

She notices that I’m fidgeting and turns to look at me better.

“Is everything alright?” She sounds a little afraid, and a whole lot angry.

“The kit isn’t in the trapdoor. The guard looked and didn’t find him there.”

That’s when I hear a small sound, like two blades scraping together.

That means Mekaias has teleported nearby.

I look over by the stage and see two tips of black ears hiding behind a smoke machine.

I tap Aileta’s shoulder and point at where the kit is hiding.

She sighs and shakes her head.

“Stupid cat,” She mutters.

The guard then walks into the room, nods to Aileta, then walks out while talking into a microphone in his ear.

I give a sigh of relief and rush over to lock the door.

“Mekaias, you can come out now but I would recommend going back downstairs.” Aileta pours out a new drink and immediately starts drinking.

He doesn’t move however.

I frown before walking over to him.

As I get closer I hear sniffing and then see he is shaking. I reach out to comfort him but he leans away.

“H-he had the same uniform," He says before he starts to cry harder.

He curls up and hugs his legs to his chest.

I sit next to him to offer some warmth and eventually he leans against me.

Aileta walks over and sits on the stage edge, downing the rest of her drink.

“You will get your revenge, Mekaias. I promise you that.” She reaches over to squeeze his hand before standing and clapping her hands together. “Now, I have a club to open. Arnio I will ask someone else to bounce tonight.”

I nod and then pick the kit up to take downstairs.

He falls asleep before we even make it to the room.

~~
~~

5 days later

Norian

“Soulmates?”

Remelia gives me a weird look, perhaps she's a little too into the idea.

Remy frowns.

“Yup, that's a thing in my kind.” I sigh.

I decided to tell them.

After getting dreams of what I think is training in some kind of stone gym, which makes me a little proud of my soulmate, and then dreaming of dancing in front of other people other nights, that I am not so proud of...I thought it would be best.

They are my family after all.

While Remy and Remelia are actual siblings, they took me in almost instantly. I knew I could trust them.

Our pilot, George, not so much.

He doesn’t seem to get along with me at all. Always against my ideas and whatnot.

He doesn’t have to know.

“If you have a soulmate, then why are you fucking around?" Remy scratches his chin.

I kind of expected this question from Remelia, so I am a bit surprised it came from Remy.

Based on the frown on his face, I can guess he isn’t so happy with our game now.

“Well it isn’t looked down upon when you haven’t met them yet. Loads of Metonians sleep around before they meet their mate. We kind of have high sex drives.”

I say this like its the most obvious thing in the world.

“How do you know when you meet them?” Remelia asks.

“I am not sure honestly. I kind of haven’t met them yet.” I smirk as she rolls her eyes. “My mom said when she laid her eyes on my dad, she knew it was him! She said she never felt so happy and complete. She practically gave him her horn almost instantly.”

I laugh at that and they stare at me, slightly shocked.

“Gave her horn? What like she chopped it off?” Remy asks with wide eyes.

“No she pulled it off.” I smile and point at my left horn, “When you meet your mate and they accept you, you give them your horn. It is a symbol of our undying love for them.”

I grin as they stare at my horn in awe now.

“Wait wait...accept you? They get to choose to be with you?” Remelia asks and frowns. “Do they not feel the bond with you?”

I sigh.

“Sadly the only time the bond is felt in the other, is if they are also a Metonian. If they decline then my soul pretty much dies inside. My body turns into a statue.” I stare at my hands, pulling on my fingers.

I didn’t want to tell them this part. I should of course, but the fact I could die from getting rejected isn’t exactly a nice thing to have in your mind.

Makes me sound weak.

“Well!” Remy blurts out of the awkward silence. “I am very certain she wouldn’t decline a guy like you.”

He smiles and nudges my shoulder.

I smile back, happy with the mood change.

“How do you know its a girl?” Remelia grins with mischief in her eyes.

I laugh loud and shake my head. “Never met someone mated to the same sex.”

She feigns sadness.

I just stick my tongue out at her.

A male mate for me? Absolutely insane.

~~
~~

Mekaias

Who knew working here could be so much fun?

I love dancing, but being paid to dance? That is a win win for me.

Aileta says it's good to finally have someone that isn’t all muscles and a giant on the stage.

Apparently this brings more customers who prefer smaller types.

Arnio keeps close-by to keep watch.

He says it is to keep me safe but I see him peeking every now and then.

I have told him already that I would prefer that me and him stay friends. He was a little let down by it but in the end he was fine with my decision.

I still ask him to my bed at night however.

Honestly, I only do the ring performance I did before with my mother; only it is with weird fancy underwear that doesn’t exactly hide much.

Thankfully I am not too shy about it.

It helps that I perform every other day to take a break from training.

The days I don't perform I practice with the magic.

I have learned a few things on my own, like surrounding magical energy around my hands to add some more power with my punches, or to cover my whole body in it while running to run faster.

That one is especially useful because if I have to run into something strong, like a bigger opponent, I can knock them down easily!

Practicing a few times with Arnio has made some great fun!

I also practice my combat without powers on the training dummies. I don’t want to tire myself out from spamming spells the whole time. I need to try and conserve my energy.

I have learned that I am pretty fast, able to dodge attacks fairly easily, it helps being flexible to make dodging easier.

The ancestor I have been training with has helped me find a style that uses all of those to my benefit.

Arnio helped make a obstacle course for me which I was very grateful for.

I run around on it almost everyday, sometimes using magic to swing onto higher ground with glowing rope, or not using magic and using the strong feet that my species has.

I could always pounce fairly high, but with my powers awakened I seem to be able to jump so much higher. Almost jumping over ten feet!

Sadly, I do have to rest a lot more.

I sleep all the time. Not even by choice.

It annoys me because It feels as if it is slowing me down. However, today is different.

Aileta says not to push myself today. I can’t help feeling a little excited about that.

I walk into Aileta’s office. It’s really just the upstairs area that looks over the club.

I arrive there in the morning just as she asked.

“Good morning.” I say as I sit down.

I look down and see a pale yellow folder on the table. I open it and see what looks like messages from a screen.

I am still not entirely in with all technology, but Arnio is teaching me!

“Morning. In that folder is a few pages of messages from King Talemo and Demetrius. They finally talked about you and now we can set my plan into play.”

When she says the last part she doesn’t seem entirely confident. That is very unusual to see.

“What is your plan?” I keep reading the messages in my hands.

“Well the first part was to get you to start working.” I raise my eyebrow at that and she just waves her hand at me, as if it’s nothing. “It was only to get attention that you were out here. They clearly don’t want you dead since they have not sent someone to get you. I know you can read, those messages clearly say that they are expecting you to go back to them.”

I do see that.

Demetrius thinks I will just come back.

They both think that I have been brainwashed into thinking that I am nothing but a sex slave, meant only to serve them. To say I deny it would unfortunately be a lie. I do feel like a part of me is owned by them, that I have nothing else to offer to anyone now. that I am nothing but a thing for them to slice up and fuck.

However, another part of my mind is telling me to fight back., not to give in and not to become a toy.

That voice is a lot louder and stronger.

“Mekaias?”

I look up and realize my eyes are brimming over with tears.

When did I start crying?

“Sorry,” I wipe my face, “what is next?” I say that with as much confidence as I can.

She frowns before saying, “You go to High Rock.”

I almost burst out laughing, but the face she holds is dead serious.

“You want me to march up to the King’s palace?”

I almost stand up, ready to leave this place forever.

I’m sure I could make it out there. Maybe find the old home me and Lucain once made our own.

“You are to go there and act as his slave and then when you feel it is right,” she pauses, staring me in the eyes, “you kill him and Demetrius.”

I can’t believe this is the plan! Surely there must be an easier way to do this?

I try thinking of something else. Anything else!

This is insane!

I would be all alone in there! I can’t go back to being alone!

“You’ve been training for this, Mekaias," She rests his hands on my shoulders. "I know you can do this. This is the best way to get in there safely. They already expect you to come back to them. All you have to do is get close and then attack. I only ask that you do one thing.”

I frown up at her.

“Do not destroy any cameras.”

Why would I care for cameras?

There are drones that fly all over the city recording everything. What difference do the cameras in the palace do?

I used to stare at this one camera in my glass cage that stared back.

A small part of me would consider it a friend since I had no one else to speak with.

“Okay,” I simply say, not entirely caring for that.

She tells me things to look out for in the palace.

The king’s guard of course, other slaves inside, and then there is the front gate.

While I could simply climb over the barrier separating the palace from the city, Aileta wants me to open it to allow her “friends” to come inside.

I nod and say I will open the gate somehow.

I don’t care for who comes inside. I just want the King’s and Demetrius’ heads.

~~

The rest of the day was rather boring.

I didn't dance or train today.

When Arnio came down, I didn't realize it was time for bed already.

After a few minutes of us getting acquainted in bed, Arnio breaks the silence.

“Mekaias?” Arnio whispers behind me. “Kit, are you awake?”

“Yes," I blink. "I am walking to the palace tomorrow. It is kind of hard to sleep right now.”

I crawl a bit on his chest and bury my face into his neck.

He chuckles and wraps his arms around me

“I am not nervous for you," He rumbles. "Believe me. After watching you train these last few days, they have no idea what is about to happen to them.”

“Thanks," I say. "Hearing that is more helpful than you think.”

“I am serious, Mekaias.” He pulls back and looks me in the eyes. “You are incredibly powerful!”

I roll my eyes but he keeps going.

“For someone so small compared to me, if you ever decided to fight me, I would run the other way immediately.”

I snort softly at that and bury my face back into his neck.

“If I die. I want you to give my life stone to Aileta.” He sighs at my words but nods. “Promise me that you will dance on the stage?”

He laughs and sniffs.

Oh no!

I didn’t realize he was crying!

“Stop saying goodbye please," He says while squeezing me gently. "I know for a fact you will survive.”

I nod and close my eyes.

We just lay there in silence once again.

After awhile, I hear Arnio start snoring.

I smile and try to calm my nerves.

No sleep tonight I guess.

~~
~~

Aileta

“I am serious, Kane," I say. "You had better be ready to come over. I know for a fact you will be interested in it.”

Damned people who are full of themselves!

“I am going to need proof of this so called 'answer to my prayers,'" His dumbass voice says.

“You will get it when it is ready," I say, my voice rising slightly. "Just give me a day! Promise me that you will give him a chance.”

“I am afraid I can not give promises like that, Aileta," He sighs. "Do you have any idea the costs this would have on me?”

“Fuck you and your damn money," I snap. "Just you wait! You will come begging for him soon!”

I turn the call off and then go to bed.

I go to turn off the lamp but stop to look at the picture on the desk.

I sigh and look at all my old friends smiling.

Over half of them dead, the others who knows where.

I look at Camiya standing at my side.

My best friend.

Dead.

Lucain holding Mekaias up on his shoulders.

Dead.

Mekaias, not looking any older now than when this picture was taken, his face clear of any tattoos or sadness.

Grey eyes instead of purple.

I sigh and set the picture back then turn the light off.

I will get Mekaias off this damned planet Camiya. I promise.

Copyright © 2018 JujuTheDruid; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 12
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Loving how strong mekaias has gotten. Looking forward to seeing what will happen when both mates meet, and how they're  going to meet as well. Thanks for the update. Cheers 😁

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..