Jump to content
    JujuTheDruid
  • Author
  • 3,676 Words
  • 1,534 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Currently attempting to edit this and all my stories once again! I am adding some small changes like how things are explained or even redoing interactions with characters entirely!
Hope you enjoy these new changes!

Star Crossed: Finding the other - 10. Rejected?

Norian

I am not sure what happened last night.

I was literally gone for about thirty seconds and next thing I know, I hear Mekaias screaming and then loud banging on the other side of his door.

When I opened it, lines of purple energy were going crazy and pushing everything against the walls.

Mekaias was tossing and turning in his bed, clawing at his neck.

Without even thinking, I pushed my way in and tried to get to him!

As soon as I was holding him, everything calmed down.

The only real damage was to the TV monitor.

He had asked me to protect him and I almost wanted to laugh because I already know I am and always will.

Now here we are, sitting on his bed in the morning.

I brought him his breakfast and he silently ate it.

No matter how much I ask, he won’t tell me what happened.

After finishing his breakfast, he is now sitting on the edge of the bed, wrapping and putting beads on two lengths of hair on the sides of his face.

I notice he seems to take great care of the beads so I decide to find a question that isn’t about last night.

“Do the beads represent anything? You seem to take great care of them.”

He freezes at first when I speak, but eventually relaxes.

“They represent my fallen friends and family,” He says.

He is holding a golden bead that has a word carved in his planet’s language.

“What does that one mean?” I point at the one in his hand.

He peeks over his shoulder at me and then pushes it in place in his hair.

“Camiya.” He says. He rubs it between his fingers then gets to working on the other beads.

There are about nine extras.

“I am sure they must have been an amazing friend!"

I give a smile as he looks back at me when he’s finished.

“She was my mother, and she was indeed an amazing friend.” He gives a small smile.

Shit! Way to go, Norian!

“I-I’m sorry. I didn’t know. I shouldn’t have said anything honestly!"

I almost want to start getting up to leave. I’d rather not make a fool of myself any more.

I need to be here for him though.

“It’s fine," he says, running his fingers against his sheets. "I’m sure she would have loved to have met you.”

He says that with a smile and that honestly make me feel so good!

Would he really have let me meet his mom?

Me?

My brain decided to become stupid however because I then blurt out, “My parents would love to meet you too!”

I instantly feel my face going red. Thankfully his face goes a slight pink as well.

“That would be nice.” He graces me with a shy smile.

I so badly want to kiss him It is honestly killing me!

I stole two kisses so far but those sure don’t count.

“Where are your parents?” He asks.

“They are on my home planet, Meton.” I stretch my arms over my head and with a groan, get off his bed.

He nods and gets up as well.

“Do you visit them often?”

We start heading out to the training room.

“The last time I went was about fifteen years ago.”

“Why did you leave?”

I was afraid he would ask that. I have been mentally trying to prepare a lie.

I can’t exactly think of anything when I can smell the reason I left...

I decide to just tell him the truth.

Well the half of the truth.

“I left in search of my soulmate.” I space out my words to not ramble and become nervous. This is pretty much dangerous territory. If I scare him off then I am screwed.

“Soulmate? You save yourself for one person? That’s sweet!” He sounds a little excited about the idea, but his eyes seem to show a little pain.

I am not sure how to take that honestly.

“Have you met them yet?”

Oh shit!

The hell do I say to that?

Yes it’s you! Now please accept me and let me love you!

If only that would work.

I am going to try and go around the question that will most likely come after.

“Yes I have.”

I try and keep myself from looking down at him now.

I refuse to see his face. If I do I am pretty sure I will tell him the truth.

After a small pause of silence, the scary question never comes.

“Oh...that's nice.” Is all he says.

He didn’t even ask who it was!

I look down at him in surprise and see he has his head down and pulling at one of the lengths of wrapped hair.

I vaguely see a frown on his face.

I-Is he sad that it isn’t him?

Holy shi-wait no.

He is already in a bad mood.

I am just getting my hopes up.

Why is this so damn hard?

I really want to take the risk and just straight up ask him to be with me. I really feel my heart telling me to do that right now. But my brain is screaming that I will die if he declines.

It is all frustrating!

So frustrating in fact that I almost run into the door to the training room.

I open the door and find Remelia holding Remy in a chokehold on the fighting mat. George is lifting weights.

Guess I’ll be helping the siblings train. Sure as hell don’t like swimming.

“You ok?” Remelia asks as she tosses Remy to the side.

“Yeah, yeah I’m fine.” I look over at Mekaias, who is walking to the middle area.

I then feel a small cold feeling in my chest. It burns for a small amount of time.

After a few seconds, it goes away.

Um...what was that?

~~
~~

Mekaias

So much for thinking I had a chance.

Of course someone like Norian would have someone else picked out for him. Someone else just as sweet and kind no doubt.

I knew I should not have thought about being romantic with someone. Now look at me, I feel even worse than before!

I juggled the thought of being with Norian for about two days and when I learn he is pretty much taken for, I instantly feel my heart broken.

That is absolutely ridiculous!

I have barely met the giant mountain and now I am sitting and spinning on the ring wallowing in my depression.

I am stupid.

I should try and distance myself from him.

What would even be the use in trying to convince him to be with me? He is taken for and I should respect that.

Since I will be working with him, I shouldn’t make these feelings get between us.

I will need to put some distance between us to get rid of these feelings. Perhaps move onto someone else?

So much for having body heat at night.

“You ok?”

I look down and see George standing below me, wiping a rag across his forehead.

“I am fine,” I simply say and hop down next to him.

George is pretty nice too, in a more quiet kind of way.

Actually...never mind.

The way he looks at me sometimes reminds me of the masters.

I don’t like it.

He is a lot nicer than them though.

“I wanted to show you something,” He smiles and motions for me to follow.

I look back at the others at the fighting mat.

Norian and Remelia are fighting and Remy is watching over them.

“They won’t notice us gone," George says. "They never notice me leaving anyway.”

At that I frown and look over at him.

He shrugs with a pitiful smile then turns to walk out the door.

I follow.

We walk back to the house and then he lets me into his room. He tells me to sit on the bed and then to wait.

He leaves and then I am left staring around his room.

It is very clean in here. Everything barely looks like it has been touched.

Cabinets are clean, bed perfectly made until I ruined it, the floor is spotless; even a stack of papers are perfectly in order on his bedside table.

After a minute, he walks back in and in his arms he is carrying a small animal.

He walks closer to me and I yelp and push back onto the bed until my back is in the corner!

“What is that thing?” I screech and make a small shield in front of me to keep him and that thing from getting closer!

He laughs and sits on the other end of the bed.

The animal stays sitting on his lap.

“This is Poofs! My house cat! Remember I mentioned him?” He grins and pets the cat between the ears.

“That is what I am nicknamed after? It is so...hideous.” I scrunch up my nose at it but lower the shield.

“Ha! Well a lot of people find this kind of cat to be ugly. Poofs is a Sphynx. His name is more a joke than anything.” He smiles and rubs the cat’s pink back. “You can touch him or let him smell you if you want! He is very friendly, I promise!”

Hesitantly, I reach my hand out to it and it sticks its head out to sniff my fingers.

“You are so ugly.” I say to Poofs. I pull my hand back but sit next to George.

“Very much not an Alentian.”

He chuckles and wraps the cat up in a blanket. Instantly it closes its eyes and starts purring.

I guess I can kind of see how people give me that nickname now.

I hate when I start purring. I can’t exactly control it. It is embarrassing!

Lucain would constantly try and get me to purr before. I swear it was his favorite hobby to try and get me to purr everytime we were together.

I give a small sigh.

“Everything alright?” He asks, nudging me with his shoulder.

“Yes," I smile and rub the cats ears the way I like it. "I was only thinking of an old friend.”

...and of a distraction to not think of Norian.

~~
~~

Norian

“You are not ok!” Remelia stands over me with her hands on her hips.

She just beat me in combat.

I would probably care for it more, if it weren’t for my whole right arm freezing up.

In the middle of the fight, I couldn’t move it! It fell limp and now it won’t move from my side as if it is frozen!

I would say it is time to panic!

“Um...can you take me to the regeneration room?” I ask.

She pulls me up and we practically run through the neighborhood to get to the main building.

After one of my legs freeze over in the elevator down, Remy and Remelia have to carry me to the healing room.

It is an all white room that is padded. It uses some kind of alien technology that uses waves of energy that heal the body.

You could say that Mekaias has a mini regeneration room everywhere he goes.

As soon as they close the door to the room, the walls begin to give a faint blue glow.

I wait for the feeling to come back to my arm but nothing is happening. If anything, it seems to have gotten worse!

Both of my legs have locked into place now and won’t move!

Ok, Norian! You just need to stay calm!

Obviously I have screwed up and pushed Mekaias away. Somehow he had already accepted me and now he is starting to reject me! I almost want to cry with joy that he had accepted me, but now he starting not to. My body is only trying to shut down and become a statue!

Usually this takes a few days but because he has accepted me already, it is shutting down faster!

He is rejecting me now, simply because I was too chickenshit to tell him when I had the perfect chance!

“Remelia!" I shout. "Shut it down! It’s not working!” I bang on the door for her to shut the room off.

When the blue lights disappear, Remelia opens the door.

“What do we do? What’s happening?” She is freaking out and Remy is just silent behind her.

His face clearly shows that he is terrified.

“I need you to take me to one of the medical beds. Remy I need you to find Mekaias and bring him to me right now! No pressure but you may need to run!"

Remy immediately turns and sprints out of here.

Remelia puts my one good arm over her shoulders and we slowly make our way to a bed in the room next door.

“Do you mind telling me what the hell is going on?” Remelia practically hisses.

She almost tosses me onto the bed!

“Mekaias is rejecting me,” I say.

Remelia’s eyes seem to burn with rage as she looks towards the door.

"Do not get angry with him," I say, hoping to save his life as well. "It is not his fault. It’s mine. I may have given him the wrong impression.”

“Wrong impression?" She exclaims. "The fuck did you do? You’ve been acting like a school girl ever since we saw him!”

I feel the entire bottom half of my body locking up in place. I only feel what I can describe as cold air biting at where all the skin is.

It is a little scary.

Oh god! Am I going to die right now?

“Um...I may have told him that I found my soulmate," I cough slightly. "I think he automatically assumed it was someone else.”

She breaths a small laugh though there isn't any humor behind it.

“He accepted me already, Remelia!” I can’t help but let a few tears fall.

My mate accepted me for just a few moments! Knowing that now would honestly make this all worth it even if he keeps rejecting me.

I would still love to have him accept me again however!

“Was it not obvious? He let you sleep in his bed, Norian!” She swats at my arm. "You absolute idiot!"

The cold starts spreading onto my other arm now.

“He let the bouncer sleep in his before too," I glare down at my shoes, not happy thinking of that moment again.

"He says he needed body heat," I give a small laugh. "Of course I was more than willing to oblige!"

Here I am, possibly about to die and I am laughing.

“Remelia, If I do die. I want you to know that you and Remy were the best family I have ever had.”

“I am going to have to stop you right there and just say, shut the hell up!” She has a grin on her face but her eyes are beyond worried.

“Where the hell are they?” She growls.

Next thing I know, I hear the door barge open and then Remy, George, and Mekaias rush in.

“What’s happening?” Mekaias asks with wide eyes.

I hate that I ever bring worry into those pretty eyes. I’ve done it twice now!

“Uh,” I look around at everyone standing around me.

Remelia gives a smile and a nod of encouragement.

“Mekaias," I swallow. "I wasn’t entirely honest with you before.”

“About what?” He looks between me and Remelia with a confused look.

“A-About the soulmate thing.” I feel my neck starting to heat up.

Good to know that still happens when I am possibly about to die.

“What about it? What is going on?” He walks over to stand next to Remelia at my side.

“Um,” I look at Remelia and then at Remy and George, “Can you guys give us some space? I can’t really do this with an audience right now.”

Remelia scoffs and walks out the room, pulling the other two and leaving me and Mekaias alone.

I try and reach out for Mekaias’ hand but I can’t sadly.

“Mekaias, I...um, well.” I mentally groan and just take a deep breath.

No going back now!

“Mekaias, you are my soulmate. Its always been you!” I shut my eyes tight because I will happily admit that I am fucking terrified!

“What?” Is all I hear.

I open my eyes and look over at him.

He is wide eyed and his mouth keeps opening and closing but he can't think of any words.

“Yeah. It-It’s you, Mekaias.” I give a weak smile and try to give a small shrug.

Can’t do that either.

“You’re not joking?” He asks, he actually looks at me as if I couldn't possibly be telling the truth.

“Not at all,” I say softly, feeling a bit afraid on what his choice will be.

How he even thinks for a second it couldn't possibly be him saddens me.

“W-Why didn’t you tell me before?” He almost looks like he’s about to cry.

Does that mean he accepts me again?

“I was scared,” I laugh. “I didn’t want you to reject me.”

“Reject you? Why would I reject you? You’re the nicest person I have ever met!” He reaches a hand out and places it on mine.

I can feel the warmth of it but I still can’t move.

“If you did, I would have died. Apparently I messed up and pushed you away.”

I feel my eyes starting to water again.

To hell with looking weak right now!

“I’m sorry,” He says, his ears drooping.

He actually looks guilty, I would feel bad for making him feel like that if he didn’t look so damn cute!

“Mekaias?” I whisper. He looks up at me in question. “Will you accept me? Will you be with me?” I practically beg.

If I could, I would be on my knees right now.

He crawls on top of the bed and curls at my side, his head on my shoulder. “While I find that a weird question, I accept you.”

“You know what that means right?” I ask him. I want him to realize how important this is.

He shakes his head.

“It means that we’d be together. We don’t have to at first, since we have only just met each other. I do want to get to know you more. I want you to be happy with me. No rushing things.”

He stares into my eyes.

“I’m scared," He whispers. I lean my head down to rest my forehead against his.

“Why?”

“I-I’ve never done this before," He stammers. "I don’t want the fear of possibly losing you!"

He reaches his hand up and rests it on my cheek.

“My mother lost my father and she said she was never the same. I’m scared to go through that! I’ve lost too many people already! The last thing I want is to lose someone as close as I could be with you!”

He looks like he is about to cry and I gently shush him.

“Listen, I am scared to lose you too," I say. "That is a normal feeling that everyone goes through. You don’t ever exactly lose that feeling. You should be living in the now! Not the future or the past! That only messes your brain up and then you never know what to do.”

He nods against me and hugs me tight.

“I-I accept you, Norian.” His voice shakes a bit as he says that.

I just smile and press my head a little bit more against him since I can't hug him.

“Thank you, Mekaias. That means everything to me, truly.”

I really need to hold him right now.

“Mekaias? Can you tell Remelia to stop peeking in the window and to come here and pull me to the regeneration room? It should work now.”

He comes with me into the room.

The cold was going away while he was with me in the bed, but now it is going away a lot faster with the blue energy.

I remove the battle form and as soon as I can move my arms, I grab him and pull him into a tight hug.

He smiles and looks up at me, his bright violet eyes glowing in the blue lights.

“Mekaias, can I kiss you?" I whisper, running a finger along his cheek. "I know I said I wouldn't rush things but I so badly want to kiss you right now."

His eyes turn into slits at that.

Very much like a cat after all. Never seen him do that.

He gives a small nod and wraps his arms around my neck.

I lean down and brush my lips against his.

It was a small kiss, just a small taste, then I lean down again for more. I feel warmth spreading throughout my body and I keep searching for more.

He tastes super sweet and absolutely heavenly! I could very much get used to this!

When we part,, we both just start giggling like idiots.

Mekaias is pink in the face and brushes one of his fingers against his lips.

I lean forward and kiss the tip of his nose.

I have my soulmate now! I don’t know what else could possibly make this any better!

~~

~~

George

"They are pretty cute together," Remelia says with a wistful sigh.

We are sitting on the other side of the window waiting for them to come out.

Apparently Norian has a soulmate who just so happens to be Mekaias of all people.

That is just perfect!

I wish I had known about that! Remy and Remelia knew!

Figures these assholes wouldn't tell me.

I actually thought that maybe I had a chance with the new recruit but of course Norian has to take all he can and get the spotlight.

I'll get back one day, just not for now.

Copyright © 2018 JujuTheDruid; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 13
  • Wow 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Ugh of course George shows his true snakey ways...what a creep, but let's focus on the positive. Its finally happened!!!! Eeek! A truly dramatic set of events leading up to this moment that I've been trying to play out in my head for a while now.

Absolutely loved how it came about...Cheers 😊😊😊

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..