Jump to content
    JujuTheDruid
  • Author
  • 3,168 Words
  • 1,324 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Currently attempting to edit this and all my stories once again! I am adding some small changes like how things are explained or even redoing interactions with characters entirely!
Hope you enjoy these new changes!

Star Crossed: Finding the other - 11. A Stone for a Horn

Mekaias

“You want me to talk to your mom?”

Norian asks in a way that clearly shows he is uncomfortable.

“Yes," I say. "I want her to talk to you if we are going to do this.”

I smile and run my fingers along his shoulders.

It has been a few days since I’ve accepted to be with Norian. He has been nothing but the sweetest! He is unbelievably affectionate which I am all for.

The only issue is I don’t understand how it could be someone like me. I am nothing special and I do not deserve someone like him.

He tries to reassure me that I am “perfect” for him, but I don’t see it at all. I’m someone that has been ruined.

However, If we are going to be together, he should meet my mother.

“How are we going to do that exactly?” He asks.

I can tell he is trying to be careful with his words. Probably trying not to offend me by saying she is dead.

I know she is.

“From something called a Life Stone. I’ll be back!” I kiss his cheek, get off his lap and go to find it in my old room.

I officially moved into Norian’s room last night. His idea.

I claw a panel off the wall and carefully pull the stone out.

Not even Norian knows I made that little hole in the wall.

Instantly the stone begins to warm up in my hands and I smile.

Pruaq, Ma’tiem," I whisper with the stone against my lips.

I walk back into our room and pull the blanket onto the floor.

I sit on it with my legs underneath me. I motion for him to do the same.

He sits in front of me and looks a little nervous.

I rest my hand under his and then place the stone on his palm.

“Do you feel that?” I ask with a smile.

He stares with wide eyes at the stone and then back to me.

“What’s happening?” He is whispering now.

Maybe he’s scared to talk loud in front of the stone?

I find it cute!

“You are feeling the souls of my ancestors. If you are feeling warmth right now, that is most likely my mother on the surface waiting to reach to us.”

He stares down at the stone and he almost looks like he wants to drop it.

Quickly, I reach out and take it from his hands.

“Don’t be nervous. They can’t haunt you!” I laugh and stand.

I hear Remy and George playing something on the monitor in the living room.

It’s too loud.

I need somewhere silent for us to be able to talk in peace.

“Something wrong?” He asks and stands up as well.

Is it weird of me to say that for once I am glad I am so short?

I love how tall he is compared to me! He can easily surround me with his body and I feel so protected!

Not to mention he is some pretty nice eye candy.

Oh...I am getting distracted.

“Um," I shake my head to concentrate. "We need somewhere quiet. Maybe the training room is empty?”

I start to make my way out the room.

“Remelia is there training some people from other squads," Norian says. "It’s going to be extra busy in there today.”

He thinks for a moment and then grins.

“I know! I haven’t been to this place in forever and I am pretty sure nobody else has found it yet. Promise to keep it a secret for us?”

He wiggles his eyebrows at me and I smile, trying not to laugh.

“I promise!”

~~

We walk hand in hand to a cave under a hill that is hidden beneath tons of green vines.

We brought little flashlights but apparently there are old lanterns inside. Norian says they need new batteries.

We walk a small ways inside till we come to an area that is lit up from a hole in the ceiling.

The light shows that there is a nice green patch of grass in the middle. There is even a small pool of water.

We set up a blanket on the patch of grass and then get back to our sitting positions.

I set the stone between us.

“So when was the last time you talked to your mother?” He asks.

“Um, ten years ago. Soon to be eleven I think.” I shrug and grab one of this hands.

I place the stone on his palm and then lay my hand on top of his.

He doesn’t say anything else about not talking to my mother.

I have had many chances to speak to her now. I just don’t want her to try and change my mind.

I know she will try and tell me not to avenge her, that I should stay hidden and live the rest of my life in peace.

I will think about peace when I kill Tanner.

I won’t tell her about my plans. She may already know, but I don’t want to fight with her.

There is also the fact that this will be the first time I will see her since I was taken away.

I am not exactly excited.

I am more nervous than anything.

“Okay, I need you to clear your mind," I smile. "Think only of the stone in your hand. If you want, you can place both hands on it. I don’t really need to touch it right now to connect with the stone.”

I go to move my hand away but he grabs onto it and lays it back down over his.

I give a small smile and close my eyes.

“We aren’t summoning a ghost are we?” He asks, clearly very anxious.

“No,” I laugh. “We are going to connect with the stone. I don’t really know how to explain it other than that we are going to connect with thousands of spirits. It is perfectly safe! My mother and Aileta used to use the stone together.”

I forgot what exactly they used it for. I never really asked, nor cared.

“Okay...I’m ready,” I hear him say.

He goes silent and instantly I feel the colors splash around in my mind.

A few strands of color begin to take shape into a tall figure and then my mother is fleshed out in front of me.

Her black hair reaches all the way to her waist and is completely straight, not a single curl in sight.

She has the same tan skin and white marks on her skin as me. Same black ears and tail as before.

She is wearing a long dress that is in different shades of dark blues and greys. My mother is rather beautiful if I can say so myself. The only main difference from before is her eyes.

They are no longer violet, but they are a shiny green.

She smiles and pulls me into a tight hug.

Pruaq, yun tuaon!” She says and pulls back to rest her hands on my face.

Pruaq, Ma’tiem” I smile and place my hands over hers.

Then she lightly flicks one of my ears.

I cry out and frown up at her, rubbing on my ear.

“Why have you taken so long to talk to me, Tuaon?” She starts nagging me, though she still has a happy smile.

“I was busy.” I shrug, trying to keep my cool.

I summon a chair to sit on.

She creates one as well and sits beside me.

“So are you going to introduce this handsome young man to me or not?” She gestures behind us.

Norian is standing in the open. He is looking around in awe, taking in all the different colors swirling around us.

I smile and almost feel bad for having to ruin his sightseeing.

“Norian, come here please!” I summon another chair next to me.

He walks over carefully, as if he is going to fall through the colors underneath our feet.

He then slowly lowers himself into the chair, possibly to make sure it is solid enough for him.

“Where are we?” He asks.

Before I can answer, my mother interrupts.

I just smile.

She loves trying to sound the smartest. I am glad that hasn’t changed.

“You are inside the stone!” She grins. “Well, mentally anyway. If you wanted to go back right now, you only have to think about going back. You are free to leave or join whenever you want. Only if Mekaias is with you that is. Welcome to the life essence of our family!”

She extends her arms out and Norian looks around in wonder.

“My name is Camiya," She says. "I am Mekaias’ mother.”

At that he freezes and looks over at me.

“Oh don’t be so nervous," She giggles. "I have always been pushing for my little yebia to find someone for years! I am glad he found someone so strong!”

He blushes and stands up to meet her.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you," He says in a shy voice. "It is a huge honor to meet you...I-I mean...I said that already but truly, I am very happy to have the chance to be with your son.”

His face has turned unbelievably red like the red clays on the homes of Utrio!

It's so sweet!

He offers his hand to shake hers. She ignores it and stands up.

He takes a step back at that, his face all of a sudden turning pale.

I give a small laugh.

She is taller than him. I am sure he wasn’t expecting that.

Alentians are very tall. I am sadly a runt compared to all of them.

At least it wasn’t completely rare for Alentians to be my height based on the long list of ancestors I met to help train me.

She grabs him into a tight hug. “Oh Mekaias! You chose such a gentleman!" She almost lifts Norian off his toes! "Welcome to the family, Norian! I am very happy to have met you, but I must ask you to leave. I need to speak to my son.”

She says the last sentence in a stern voice and I almost want to leave with Norian.

“Very well ma’am," He bows his head. "It was very nice to meet you. I’ll see you on the other side, Mekaias!”

He kisses my cheek and then he disappears in a puff of purple smoke.

“Now then," She says and pulls her chair in front of me. "I am glad you brought a little distraction. Don’t get me wrong, he does seem like a very nice boy, but we have more important matters to discuss.”

She crosses her arms and narrows her eyes. “You better tell me what you are up to.”

“How do you know I am up to something?” I look at her in surprise.

“I am your mother," She scoffs. "Assume that I know all.”

She smiles and then reaches her hands out to hold mine. “If I may ask. Where are you right now? Surely not Utrio?”

I hold onto her hands tight.

“I am on Earth with Norian and Kane.” I say.

“Earth?" She exclaims. "Why would you be at the home of our planet’s destroyers? Is there a way to move somewhere else?”

“This is the best option I have right now," I say, feeling a bit on edge not that she is raising her voice. "Also my planet is Utrio. I wasn’t ever born on your planet.”

I let go of her hands and lean back into my chair.

“Yes, I know," She waves off. " It doesn’t mean I have to like it. Have you met any other Alentians by chance? None of the other spirits here can hear from the other lifestones. We believe that someone is trying to track our people using the stones. Possibly another Alentian.”

“What?" I frown. "Why would someone do that?”

“I have a feeling it has something to deal with you, Mekaias. It started a little while ago. I am not sure what you have been up to. I know you have spoken with some of the old warriors in our family. You had better not have gotten into any trouble.”

Those jerks!

I bet they ran off and told her as soon as I finished learning from them!

“I-I haven’t," I try and think of a lie. "I just wanted to learn to take care of myself.”

She stands over me and stares down into my eyes.

I try and stare back, but instead, a part of me feels scared.

I lower my head in submission.

“Wha...what was that?" Mother says. "That isn’t how we do this. We stare until you feel bad enough to tell me your secrets.”

She reaches out and wraps her arms around me. “What have they done to you, my tuaon?”

“You don’t want to know.” Is all I say.

I hug her back.

I might as well tell her what I have done. She should know that I’ve gotten my revenge.

I owe her that more than anything.

~~
~~

Norian

Mekaias is still sitting with the stone in this hand.

It has been about an hour since I left the world of colors.

It was very beautiful! I almost forgot why we were there.

He looks so much like his mother! She was scary beautiful. Not to mention super tall.

I am a flat 7 feet tall and I just met some lady that was taller than me.

How Mekaias isn’t tall at all is a mystery.

She was terrifying.

Here I thought my dad would be scary to meet.

Oh wait.

My dad!

I haven’t even told my parents about Mekaias yet! I even promised I’d tell them as soon as I met my soulmate!

I don’t know how they are going to take it honestly.

I’ve never heard of soulmates being the same sex.

I think my mom will be alright with it, maybe a little weirded out. My father will most likely say I am joking or possibly want nothing to do with me.

I couldn't care less if they didn’t support me. I just don’t want Mekaias to witness their shaming.

The last thing I need is for him to feel bad about something as stupid as my family’s feelings for our bond.

I watch him for awhile. I must say that it is kind of creepy.

Here his body is out in open, but his mind is inside the stone.

It’s very weird. Magic and spirits in rocks.

I used to think my kind were interesting. This is just something on a whole other level.

Mekaias gives a small sigh and then he blinks his eyes open. He looks around and when he sees me he smiles.

I can’t help the warm bubbles going off in my stomach at that and I move to hug him close.

I pull him into my lap with his back against my chest.

We sit in the sunlight slipping in from the hole above us.

I kiss along his jaw and he begins to speak.

“Norian? Can I ask you something?” He leans his head to the side to give me more room.

“Anything you say, it's a yes from me,” I say and kiss down his neck.

He gives a small squeak and continues.

“Can you hold onto this and protect it from harm?” He holds out his life stone in his hand. “It is very important to me, it is what gives me my healing. This means that I am trusting you with my life.”

I turn him around to face me. Big purple eyes staring right into mine.

“I trust you, Norian," He blushes.

“You do? I promise to keep it and especially you safe,” I smile and lay my hand over the stone in his hand. “I have something for you too! I want you to keep it as close to you as possible. I know you asked me not to say I love you yet, but this will symbolize that I will love you forever. Understand?”

He gives a small nod and places his hand on my chest.

“And what are you going to give me?” He asks.

I reach up and wrap my hand around the left horn sticking out of my left temple.

With a firm grip I pull my hand down as hard I can and with a loud crunch, the horn snaps clean off.

“What? What the hell!” Mekaias exclaimss and smacks my arm. “Why did you do that?”

He press his hand against where the horn was.

I don’t feel any bleeding. At least I don’t think I'm bleeding.

“Am I bleeding?” I ask.

“No, but why did you do that?" He frowns. "Didn’t that hurt?”

I shake my head.

I thought it would, but I didn’t feel a thing.

I push his hand away and then cut the horn in half. I throw the base that was attached to my head to the side and then place the other half into his hand.

It’s a lot smaller cut in half, about the size of his pinky finger.

“This is for you to keep at all times," I smile and place my hand on his cheek. "It means I’ll always be with you and I’ll always love you no matter what. It's a promise.”

His eyes are starting to shine with tears.

I lean forward and capture his lips with mine.

~~

“Norian?” Mekaias lifts his head up from his slumber.

He doesn’t even open his eyes. Instead he tries to feel around for me with his hands.

When he finds my face, he reaches up to kiss me but then he falls flat on his face against my chest then goes straight to sleep.

I chuckle and kiss the top of his head.

I use a finger to trace the new necklace around his neck.

He made a small necklace that also has a small pouch to hold my horn. It’s held up by a soft black material that works like a choker.

I thought it a bit tight in my opinion but he says it stretches so it's fine.

I am just happy he is so willing to keep it that close with him.

I was going to wear his stone as a necklace as well but he said it is meant to be kept hidden at all costs. We both agreed that the cave was the safest place.

I didn’t expect him to bestow something that important to me. Knowing that he trusts me that much makes this feel all the better!

He begins some light snoring and I smile and kiss the tips of his ears before pulling the blanket over him.

I am not sure what I would ever do without him now.

"I love you, Mekaias," I whisper, and wraps my arms around him.

Pruaq - Greetings
Ma'tiem - Mother
Yun Tuaon - My Son
Yebia - Baby
Copyright © 2018 JujuTheDruid; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 13
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Oh wow. So Mekaias' growth was pretty much stunted due to his abuse😔. Great to see them settling in so well together as mates. Thanks for the update. Cheers 😊

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Don't let (decent) mothers fool you, they may not know the specific...but they know when something is up.

Mine specifically has an ability to call a person by name and they have no choice but to step forward, even if trying to run away

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..