Jump to content
    Karl Anders
  • Author
  • 3,116 Words
  • 845 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Florida Shores - 5. Sad Goodbye, New Hello

Warning: this chapter deals with the death of the parents and the boys reactions to it.
The time to say goodbye has come. Joey and Charlie must confront the reality of their parents death. A new member arrives who brings new questions with him and new possibilities.

Joey stayed with Peni the whole rest of the day when they were at school. When Drew arrived at the Kaiwi’s place, he asked Charlie, “Can we sleep at home tonight?”

“Sure.”

Alani came over and gave Joey a hug, “Tough day at school? Your friends found out about your parents?”

“Yeah. They meant well but each time they said they were sorry it hurt more.”

“Oh, baby, it’ll do that for a long time. Just remember the good times. You know we are always here for you.”

Dinner was quieter than normal. The twins tried to get Joey to laugh at a few things that happened in their school during the week. They did get him and Peni to join them in some Mario Kart racing later at night which helped Joey to forget a little.

Charlie and Joey grabbed their dirty clothes and took them over to their house. Charlie made a reminder to check the fridge out and dump anything getting old. He also thought they would need to meet with the funeral people on Sunday to schedule the memorial service for the next Friday night.

Charlie and Drew took care of the few chores that needed to be done. Joey and Peni headed to bed. Peni kept rubbing Joey’s back as they went to Joey’s room.

“Wanna shower now?” Peni asked.

“No.”

“OK, bed then.” The two lost their clothes and slid in under the sheet. Peni drew Joey into his arms as they lay together. He lightly kissed Joey’s shoulder and then settled in for sleep.

Drew sat on the sofa and grabbed Charlie into his lap. “Tough week?”

“As you know, the hearing was a drain. The judge was pretty good but we can’t seem to get away from DCS looking over our shoulders. Joey’s dealing with his friends finding out about Mom and Dad which stressed him out.”

“Hopefully, Peni is destressing him,” Drew said as he stroked Charlie’s chest.

“I need some destressing myself,” Charlie replied reaching over to stroke Drew’s already half-hard cock.

“Mmm, let’s head to bed ourselves. I want to ravage your tight ass.”

Charlie chuckled, “Learned a new word this week?”

“It was in a Romance book I was reading.”

“Oh, Mr. Darcy! Please don’t take advantage of me!”

“I have every intention of taking advantage of you, baby.”

~~**~~

Charlie was finishing the pans from breakfast at home when the funeral home called to let him know they could come by today to see their parents. He let Joey know and the four went down the street to tell Ke and Alani.

“How about in an hour after everyone has a chance to shower?” Alani suggested.

“That would be best dear. Makani did mention he thought he’d be arriving late this afternoon.”

“OK, boys! You have your orders. Joey, Charlie, do you want us to dress up or not?” Ke asked.

Charlie looked at Joey, who shook his head. “I don’t think so. Mom and Dad won’t care and no one else will be there.”

“Shorts it is then. Go on and start getting ready. We’ll leave in an hour.”

Peni went to his room to get shorts and a T-shirt. Once he returned, the four went back over to Joey and Charlie’s home.

“Are you looking forward to Makani arriving, Peni?” Charlie asked.

“I haven’t seen him for a few years. He seemed nice enough but I guess he was 17 or so at the time. It’s not like he’d had much to do with a little kid. Don’t you remember him, Charlie?”

“Yeah, I do. He was fun to be around. We played some video games and ran around the park with my friends. Don’t you remember him, Drew?”

“Wasn’t he the hot guy with long black hair and those white teeth? He gave me a boner a lot. I seem to remember he had the same effect on you, Charlie. We had to sneak in a lot of boyfriend time while he was here.”

Charlie turned red remembering the two weeks he was here and how difficult it was to not sport a boner the entire time. He wanted to see if Makani was interested but was too afraid to ask. Drew had Charlie reconsider his offer to have him live in the house. Makani may give him a permanent boner whenever they are together or even just thinking about him it seemed.

Drew brushed against Charlie’s not-so-hidden boner as they went inside the house. “Uh-huh. Thinking about him again. Do you do this for me?”

Charlie gulped, “Quite a lot when you’re not here.”

“Even though it’s not for me, I’ll take care of this,” Drew replied with a smirk.

Peni heard the two going on about his cousin. “He’s not that pretty.”

Joey shrugged, “I didn’t really pay much attention to him. He seemed nice enough. Besides, you’re my best friend and that’s enough for me.”

Peni grabbed Joey into a bro hug and led him upstairs to their bathroom. “Maybe we can fool around a little and have a quickie.”

“I can’t help that I get hard when we shower together.”

Peni laughed at him, “Or the other times recently? You’ve been flashing the goods a lot during the day.”

“Stop! It’s embarrassing!”

“What about me? Ever since we’ve started fooling around, they have popped up more also. I have to cover a lot more.”

“Did Ma and Pops say anything?”

“No, but they gave me and Akamu a look earlier today.”

“I guess we better take care of ours,” Joey said as he dropped his shorts along with Peni. The pair stepped into the shower under the water. Peni leaned in and placed his lips gently on Joey’s.

Joey pulled Peni in, tilted his head, and showed Peni his need through the no longer gentle kiss. Peni responded by slowly grinding his own hard dick against Joey’s. Joey blindly reached for the shower gel and squirted some between their mashed-together chests. He started rubbing his against Peni’s.

Suds slowly dripped down in the small space between them, coating their abs and finally their cocks. Peni reached between them with a hand and grabbed both. He stroked them together while his other hand massaged Joey’s ass cheek and held him up.

Joey moaned into Peni’s mouth as he got closer to firing off. Peni increased his stroke. Joey groaned and spewed between them. Peni kept stroking until finally, he let go.

“You were too excited, J.”

“It’s your fault you are so sexy. I can’t control myself knowing that you want to be with me and you are OK with us fooling around.”

Peni laughed and started to clean his friend up. “Maybe you’ll last for a few hours now that you spewed. Come on, we need to finish before the water gets cold.”

They finished up and went across the hall to put on their clothes. They were in the kitchen waiting for Drew and Charlie, having a drink of water. “Took you long enough,” Charlie quipped.

“We have a little more control than you two have,” Drew responded.

“Just a little,” Charlie added giving Drew a light punch in the shoulder.

A horn sounded outside letting the boys know it was time to drive over to the funeral home. Joey sighed and all three gave him a hug. They slipped their flip-flops on and headed out to meet the rest of the Kaiwis in their van. The drive across town was quiet as both Joey and Charlie were lost in thought.

The family entered the main doors and waited until someone came to meet them. An older gentleman with soft eyes and a white beard left an office down the hallway and walked up to the group. He directed his attention to Charlie and Drew.

“I’m Mr. Horner. You must be Charles,” he said offering his hand to Charlie, who nodded. “I could tell from your parents that you look alike. We did our best to help them out but the damages were pretty extensive, as most automobile accidents are. If you would follow me, we’ve placed them in our chapel for you.”

Mr. Horner directed the group back towards the direction he came from and stopped at the last set of double doors. He opened them and ushered the Kaiwis in. The Hudsons were arranged next to each other on rolling tables, their bodies draped in red velvet blankets with only their heads exposed.

Mr. Horner stepped away to let the boys have their time. Joey started crying and Charlie grabbed him into a hug. Peni rubbed Joey’s back as did Drew with Charlie.

The rest of the family moved in and joined in a group hug. Alani started singing a low prayer for the dead. They all remained that way, comforting Charlie and Joey.

Joey eventually ran out of tears. Ke and Alani pulled him into a hug. “Remember, you aren’t alone. We’re all here for you.”

Joey nodded in their embrace. He took a deep breath and went over to his Mom first.

“I’ve messed up Mama. I should have talked with you and Dad sooner,” he paused and Charlie moved beside him, placing his arm on Joey’s shoulder in a hug. “I don’t know if you knew or had a thought about what I was feeling the last few months. I don’t know why I never said anything. I know you would have loved me, just as you loved Charlie.

Charlie’s trying hard, Mama. The Ohana is too. If you have any pull up there, put a word in for us.”

Joey turned and hugged Charlie. After a bit of time, they turned to their father. Charlie started, “Dad, you and Mom always showed me the best way to be. I know you were disappointed I didn’t go to University right off, but I felt I needed to be here for Joey. Boy, I’m glad I didn’t and I was here that day. Thanks for taking care of us. We’ll try our best to make you proud and I’ll do whatever I need to for Joey. Don’t worry because we have people in our lives. Your friends are there for us.”

Joey swallowed and added, “I know I wasn’t quite what you wanted as a son but I will try harder to make you proud, Papa. I’ve been keeping my grades up and won’t let you down. Mama Alani and Papa Ke are going to be watching out for us. Thanks for Mr. Noone. He came through for us.”

All the Kaiwis came around and pledged to protect and be there for Charlie and Joey. Even the young twins chirped in which brought a laugh.

Mr. Horner came back in and had a word with Charlie, Ke, and Alani to confirm the memorial service for next Friday evening. When that was done, the family filed out to the van. Ke drove everyone to the buffet place for lunch since it was after noon. The manager greeted the group and then went to the kitchen to let them know to get cooking.

Ke’s phone rang as they were getting their food, “Hello?”

“Uncle Ke! It’s Maka.”

“Nephew! How is the trip going?”

“I’ll be there by dinner I think. I’m just at Savannah.”

“Ah, yes. Be careful of the traffic on 95. It will stop for no reason. The interchange at Jacksonville has changed a lot. The turn to West 295 is the second exit, not the first and it’s gets blocked up also by the time you’ll get there. Call me when you get onto I-10.”

“Aww, Unc. I love you but you know there is this wonderful map thing on my phone.”

“Most of them screw up with the traffic. Just be careful with it. I don’t want to get a call for FHP to come get you.”

“I understand. I had one of those traffic stops in South Carolina. Didn’t see a thing going on. Boy, that South of the Border place is nuts! They had an alligator!”

“You’ll see more of them here. Not so much in town but they are around some of the bigger lakes inland. We’re getting ready to eat so I’ll talk to you later Maka.”

“OK, Unc. Talk to you in a few hours.”

Ke got his food and went back to sit with the family. “Looks like Maka has made good time. He’ll be here tonight instead of tomorrow.”

“I’ll make sure there are some leftovers for him when he gets in,” Alani added.

“Guess we need to clean the house up a little and get some food in,” Charlie said.

“Do the food on Saturday, Charlie. We’ll hit the warehouse store for supplies.”

“Can Makani sleep with us tonight, Papa?” Nalani asked.

“We’ll see how he feels.”

“He needs to be welcomed into the Ohana, Papa,” Nalani reasoned.

Ke chuckled at his son, “That sounds like a good reason. You should make sure the tent is aired out this afternoon.”

Nalani looked very seriously at his father, “We aren’t the stinky ones but we will make sure.”

“You’ll get there soon enough, Nalani. Thank you for helping.”

“Does he know about the service on Sunday, Papa Ke?” Charlie asked.

“I had mentioned it. He spent time with them so I’m sure he’ll be there with us because that is what we do as Ohana.”

Charlie nodded and went back to filling up his stomach along with the rest of the boys. They decided to spend the rest of the afternoon at the Hudson’s pool until dinner. Ke had decided on just burgers and hot dogs. Charlie would bring the meat over after they got home while Joey cleaned the pool. Ke shook his head at how much the boys could put away when left to themselves.

~~**~~

“Aloha, Uncle Ke and Aunt Alani!” Makani yelled as he came around to the backyard to greet the family after just arriving.

“Maka!” Alani responded as she drew Makani into a hug. Ke came around and joined her.

“Wow, the Ohana has grown since I’ve been here last. Did you adopt three new boys?”

Ke laughed and introduced Charlie, Joey, and Drew. “New bros. Sweet as! Nice to meet you two again. Hiya, Drew.”

Maka was all smiles as he greeted them. The slight movement of Drew’s hand to Charlie’s back sparked his interest. ‘Many things have changed here since last time,’ he thought.

“Here’s a plate, Maka. Fixins and salad are on the table by the wall,” Ke said handing him some burgers. He finished getting food and sat down with Charlie, Drew, Joey, and Peni.

“Charlie, thanks so much for the chance to live together with you. It’s really hard starting out with all the expenses. Even a few months will be a big deal and help me a lot.”

“We need to do a little work at the house before we can get all the rooms permanent. We need to clear out Mom and Dad’s room and repaint it,” Charlie answered.

“Man, I’m so sorry to hear about their accident. I’ll help you out any way you, bro. We’re family and that’s what we do.”

“Would you mind staying in their room until we can get new furniture in? I don’t think I can sleep in there right now.”

“No worries. I have most of this week off. I can repaint the rooms while you’re at school.”

“I go to college and take mostly online classes,” Charlie told him.

“Oh, wow. Sorry, Charlie. I didn’t realize you were out of high school.”

“I’m nineteen now.”

“Well, it doesn’t get a whole lot better at twenty-one. I still have trouble getting beer, not that I drink a lot of it.”

“Yeah, me either or anything else. I guess I’m boring.”

“I wouldn’t say that you are, babe,” Drew replied, unintentionally outing Charlie as he was staking his claim.

Makani raised his eyebrow at Drew and said, “Not cool, Drew. You outed Charlie and maybe he was comfortable yet about me knowing he’s gay.”

Drew realized what he did and started apologizing to Charlie, who just sighed. “His testosterone got to him,” Charlie told Makani, “Yes, he’s my boyfriend, Makani. Will there be a problem with that?”

“Dunno. Should I get earplugs because one of you is a screamer?” he asked smiling.

“He’s not living with me,” Charlie told him.

“It’s all cool, Char. I’m fine with you being gay. Did your parents know?”

“Yeah. They were really good about it.”

“I know Unc and Auntie would be also. They’re the same as my folks.”

“Are you…?” Charlie asked, hesitating.

“I’m Bi. And, no, I don’t have a boy or girl friend. With my new job, I may not get one because I’m sure being on nights will screw that up.”

Joey came over to sit with them trailing Peni. “Good of you to have Peni, there Joey. It really helps to have someone to be there for you,” Makani said as they sat down.

“He’s my best friend.”

“Peni’s a good sort. I didn’t really get to know him that well the last time I was here but I’m looking forward to it now. Sorry, Peni, you may know how it is with hanging around boys younger than you since you’ve become a teenager.”

“I try and be there for the twin’s friends, Maka. They need to know they can talk with someone older that’s not their parents or an adult.”

Nalani and Keahi ran up to the boys being followed by Akamu. “We want you to sleep with us tonight, Cuz Maka,” Keahi said with Nalani nodding.

“Bringing me into the Ohana, little bro?”

“Uh-huh. We need to see how you hug.”

“Ah, so that’s what you want? Come here,” he said grabbing the two twins into a bear hug together.

“I’ll be happy to sleep with you tonight. Is the bed big enough?”

“We’re sleeping in the tent. Everyone’s going to be there.”

“Oh, Peni and Aka?” they nodded yes. “What about Char, Jo, and Drew?”

“Of course! Charlie gives great hugs.”

“Mmm, really? Maybe I’ll get one tonight also,” Makani said teasing Drew who almost growled, which brought a laugh out of Makani.

“Easy on, bro. I’m not stealing your boyfriend,” Makani assured him but Drew wasn’t too sure about that.

Makani found Charlie to be pretty good in the looks department and him trying to take care of Joey according to what Uncle Ke had said really got Makani interested. Very, very few nineteen-year-olds would do that. Charlie had depths to him that was certainly admirable.

Copyright © 2023 Karl Anders; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
  • Love 17
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

The beginning of the chapter hit all the right notes and was well done...

Not sure I'm impressed with Makani...so far, he's way out of bounds in deeds and thoughts...he needs to stop thinking with his dick considering the current circumstances...trouble is what he is...trouble...

Makani found Charlie to be pretty good in the looks department and him trying to take care of Joey according to what Uncle Ke had said really got Makani interested. Very, very few nineteen-year-olds would do that. Charlie had depths to him that was certainly admirable.

  • Love 4
Link to comment
4 hours ago, drsawzall said:

The beginning of the chapter hit all the right notes and was well done...

Not sure I'm impressed with Makani...so far, he's way out of bounds in deeds and thoughts...he needs to stop thinking with his dick considering the current circumstances...trouble is what he is...trouble...

Makani found Charlie to be pretty good in the looks department and him trying to take care of Joey according to what Uncle Ke had said really got Makani interested. Very, very few nineteen-year-olds would do that. Charlie had depths to him that was certainly admirable.

I am hoping he may just be a little cheeky @drsawzall rather than a "player". I thought his criticism of Drew for "outing" Charlie was uncalled for as he was unaware of their personal circumstances. 

Joey and Charlie seem to be coping relatively well with their parents death with the help of their friends. Joey wears his heart on his sleeve whereas Charlie seems to keep things to himself a little more, which is perhaps not as healthy. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment

I wish I was more familiar with Hawaiian names - even regarding gender, but I'm not. A family tree would be most helpful.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Quetzal said:

I wish I was more familiar with Hawaiian names - even regarding gender, but I'm not. A family tree would be most helpful.

I can do that! I'll add a prologue :) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..