Jump to content
    Katya Dee
  • Author
  • 519 Words
  • 2,467 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Specter's Gamble - 32. EPILOGUE

4 Months Later

_________________

 

“Next time when I say ‘I am driving,’ just give me the damn keys,” Desmond said shortly, his expression gloomier than ever. “Plus, it’s my damn car!”

Rayhe glanced at him briefly.

“You drive like a maniac,” he said calmly. “Call me crazy, but I would like to live long enough to celebrate my thirty-third birthday.”

“By the time we get there, you’ll turn seventy-five,” Desmond snorted. “Seriously, step on it already!”

“Stop whining,” Rayhe muttered without taking his eyes off the road.

“I am not whining,” Desmond said sharply and rolled down the window. “This is not whining, this is common sense. You drive worse than an old lady, I swear! Whining...” he muttered and lit a cigarette. “I am not a whiner...”

“Yeah,” Sam said solemnly in a back seat. “You are a moaner...”

Rayhe started to cough, and Desmond slowly turned his head to look at the kid. Sam met his stare and shrugged.

“I am not deaf,” he said. “And I am a very light sleeper... Sorry,” he added after Desmond just kept staring at him without blinking.

Finally, Desmond blinked and looked at Rayhe who was biting the insides of his cheeks to stop himself from laughing.

“Wipe that smirk off your face,” Desmond said in a low voice. “And stop by a drug store.”

Sam immediately straightened up.

“You gonna buy me sleeping pills?!” he asked incredulously, and Desmond shot him a dirty look.

“No,” he said in the same low voice. “I am going to buy you ear plugs... Shut up, Rayhe!”

“I didn’t say anything!” Gabriel protested.

“Shut up, Rayhe!” Desmond repeated without even a hint of a smile. “If you would only listen to me once in a while, we wouldn’t have to do this, you know... There was that wonderful house -- great deal, available right now... But nooooo.... ‘It’s too expensive... It doesn’t have a good view... It’s too far from everything...’ Ugh!”

“All those statements were true and you know it!”

“The bedrooms, genius! The bloody bedrooms were five hundred miles apart from each other! I would’ve paid more! Goddammit! It’s not like we don’t have the money!”

“The one we’ve got is better... And it has a skylight.”

“You know what you should do with that skylight?”

“I have an idea...”

“Good. Go ahead and do just that!”

“You know guys, we could get a dog or something...”

“I am allergic.”

“No, you are not... I know for sure! I've seen you around all kinds of animals... You are fine...!”

“Shut up, Sam!”

“This is ironic... Finally, both of you are agreeing on something and it’s...”

“Shut up, Sam!”

“Yeah, that...”

“Oh, hey... Is that a drug store?”

“Yup, pull over; it’ll take me a couple of minutes.”

“Desmond, knock it off... I am not going to wear those damn ear plugs...”

“Oh yes, you will...”

“Oh hey, get two boxes, will you?”

“Gabriel!”

“Anything else?”

“Ummm... There is that new coconut flavor ge...”

“Ugh, get three boxes, will you?”

“You got it, kid!”

 

****

THE END

 

Aa-aaand this is the end of Specter's Gamble, but not the end of the story -- next installment is looming on the horizon. I am really happy you guys liked it!! 😍 I hope the sequel (s) don't disappoint you as well!
Katya.
©Katya Dee; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 20
  • Love 18
  • Haha 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

I love HEA's. They more or less ride off into the sunset... until the next time.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Nice.

Desmond’s flat stare is very effective (and funny, if you’re not on the receiving end of it).

It’ll be nice to revisit them.

Link to comment

I enjoyed this story so much! I’ve been addicted — I check several times a day every day for updates. Thank you for such distinct and engaging characters, and for the steady updates. I’m excited to see where you take the guys next! I’m assuming it’ll involve the elements people and the video vixen at some point? 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator
10 minutes ago, Geemeedee said:

I enjoyed this story so much! I’ve been addicted — I check several times a day every day for updates. Thank you for such distinct and engaging characters, and for the steady updates. I’m excited to see where you take the guys next! I’m assuming it’ll involve the elements people and the video vixen at some point? 🙂

The nest book has already begun.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

This story was well written and very enjoyable! Your characters were interesting and their dialogue was realistic. I look forward to their next adventure. Thanks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, JeffreyL said:

This story was well written and very enjoyable! Your characters were interesting and their dialogue was realistic. I look forward to their next adventure. Thanks.

Thank you! 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..