Jump to content
    K.C.
  • Author
  • 206 Words
  • 840 Views
  • 6 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dragonfly - 1. Chapter 1

There once was a dragonfly, blue, red and gold.
Every day she flew, from pond to pond,
exactly as she was told.

One spring morning that little dragonfly,
flew high into the sky.
She saw the mountains in the west,
“Oh mother, why can’t I?”

“My dear child, this is something you must never try!
Because you see,
to fly so far,
surely you would die!”

And before the next sunrise,
she flew all day and flew all night.

As the little dragonfly, gold, blue and red,
Settled atop a lush green pine,
Glad she wasn’t dead.

Looking out over the valley that she’d just flown,
What did she see, far past her little home?
“The ocean,” she shouted out with glee.

The tired little dragonfly, red, gold and blue,
spread out her glistening wings,
and away she flew.

She flew fast across the valley,
in continuous motion.
“This little dragonfly won’t stop,
until I reach the ocean!”

As the little dragonfly landed beside the water,
she took a moment to stop and think about her mother.

She took her little sparkly wings,
and in the sand she dug.
“Now if I shall die before tomorrow,
I will die a happy bug!”

This is a poem that I wrote for my grandmother serveral years ago. She was a wonderful woman just like the little dragonfly, spunky and full of life. I miss her very much, finding this today brough back good memories. Thanks for reading.
KC Grim
Copyright © 2011 K.C.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 12/08/2011 12:29 PM, comicfan said:
I like this KC. Shows the spirit you, yourself have. Just sort of stick to it and go no matter what. :)
Thanks Wayne, but this one was really about her. My grandmother could do anything, she took on the world with a smile :)
Link to comment
On 12/09/2011 05:08 AM, Michael9344 said:
This is one fine poem. Simple, but that's special. Great work.
Thanks Michael, this was a really fun poem to write and it made her smile so much. Good memories! :D
Link to comment

It's always kind of nice to come across something that really reminds you of a loved one that has passed. In this case it was special that you shared it and that it truly did capture her spunk and spirit of adventure.

Link to comment
On 12/09/2011 02:29 PM, Daddydavek said:
It's always kind of nice to come across something that really reminds you of a loved one that has passed. In this case it was special that you shared it and that it truly did capture her spunk and spirit of adventure.
Even light and quirky, this is one of the most special poems that I've written. I was still in college and had no money to buy her a birthday gift, so I wrote this for her. :D Thanks for reading.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..