Jump to content
    K.C.
  • Author
  • 5,718 Words
  • 1,142 Views
  • 33 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Take me home tonight - 1. Chapter 1

 

 

 

“C’mon, Kev, what are you doing in there?” Evan banged on the door again for the third time in a row.

I don’t know why I even bothered to look in the mirror to check my hair or straighten the front of my shirt; there wasn’t anyone worth impressing. “Why am I even going with you tonight?” I grumbled at the reflection in the mirror, yet still loud enough for my brother to hear me from where he stood on the other side of the bathroom door.

“Because it’s going to be fun.”

I swear I could hear him smiling. “Fun for who?”

Cocking a blond eyebrow, I smiled when he corrected my mistake. I knew he couldn’t resist any sort of grammar faux pas. “Fun for whom? For you, that’s who. There’s going to be a lot of people there tonight. A couple of guys from school are going to try to make it down, and a bunch of other people that you’ve already met at the bar.”

Evan working as a bartender was perfect for him. He got to meet tons of people. Everyone was attracted to him. He was always the life of the party. Me, on the other hand, well, I glanced back at the mirror again, trying to find a redeeming quality.

My haircut was still an acceptable length. The blond locks hadn’t started to curl around my ears, yet, but it wouldn’t be much longer until my naturally curly hair was out of control again. I stared at myself. “Arrrgh,” Why did I pick a red shirt? I hate red. It throws my complexion off making my cheeks and lips look too pink. I should have worn blue or dark gray, either one of those would have brought out the color in my eyes instead. There was still time to rummage around in Evan’s closet for a replacement.

Reaching for the doorknob, I gave myself one last glance. “This is as good as it’s going to get.” I sighed. What a pathetic thought.

Evan’s arms were folded across his chest as he leaned against the doorframe. I pushed past him into his bedroom, tripping over a box of art supplies. His apartment was always a mess. Heading straight to the closet, I flipped through the shirts hanging inside.

“What are you doing?” He asked.

“I need a shirt.” I grunted as if it wasn’t obvious.

“You’re wearing a shirt,” Evan pointed out just when I found a shirt the perfect shade of blue. Our eyes, along with every other feature, were identical and I knew that he would have something to match. We might look alike, but that was where the similarities ended.

“Hey, I just bought that.” He protested as a wicked grin flashed across my face. “No! Kevin, no!”

He was too late. I already stripped off the red shirt and tossed it into a heap of clothes in the corner. Evan could have it. I don’t know why I even bought it. That’s when I remembered the cute sales clerk at the mall, I was trying to get his attention and grabbed the first thing off the nearest rack. To make it worse, I didn’t even get a date out of it. Nope, not even a phone number. All I got was an ugly shirt. Yeah, Evan could keep it.

Smiling at my reflection in the mirror above his dresser, I told him, “Well, now we’re even.”

“Even? How the hell do you come up with us being even?”

I shot him a questioning glance. “I know you haven’t forgotten--”

“Jeez, Kev, that was years ago, and for the record, I replaced that freaking shirt already…twice, I think.”

It still irritated him that I never let him forget about ruining my new Lacoste shirt before I ever got to wear it. You know what they say, ‘It’s all fun and games until someone loses an eye.’” Well, that night Evan almost lost his eye when he walked into the room right when Tom-Tom was testing out the weight of his new golf clubs.

One swing and Evan was on the backend of a nine-iron. Tom-Tom laid him out flat. While the other guys scrambled around, unsure of what to do, I kept calm as I took control of the situation and shouted orders that got my brother to the hospital for seven stitches along his eyebrow. That also was the night I knew that I wanted to work in medicine.

“Fine, wear the shirt--”

The doorbell interrupted our conversation.

“Jenny’s here,” Evan turned towards the hallway. With his back to me, he was caught off guard when I rushed past him, running towards the door. Reaching it before Evan, I swung it open and grabbed his girlfriend around her waist and twirled her around.

“Oh my god, Evan, what in the world has gotten into you?” She laughed as she wrapped her arms around me, unaware that I wasn’t her boyfriend and leaned in for a kiss.

“Kevin, no!” Evan scolded me as if I was a puppy that he was housetraining and getting ready to take a crap on the floor. Jenny stumbled away from me and I couldn’t stop myself from bursting out in laughter.

“Jeez, bro, thanks for ruining the only action I’d probably get tonight.” I teased, earning a playful punch from Jenny. Her eyes darted between Evan and me. Even after six months, she was still amazed at the similarities.

“Wait…You want some action… with a girl? Are you telling us that you’re changing teams, now?” Jenny teased.

I shook my head and smiled. She opened up the conversation, so I was jumping in with both feet. “Believe it or not, I’ve had sex with girls before; I just prefer boys. I’ll take a big, hard, throbbing dic--”

“Jeez, Kevin!” Evan shouted overtop of me.

Not ready to ease their discomfort just yet, I licked my lips, rolled my eyes back and let out a low moan. “—any day of the week!”

“You’re such a horn-dog,” Jenny giggled. I liked her. She was fun to hang-out with. Evan had already screwed up his last relationship by getting his last girlfriend knocked up with twins, hopefully, Jenny would be the one to tame his wild ways.

“I might do some freaky things in the bedroom, but I guarantee that Evan’s had a helluva lot more sex than I have.” Evan chose that moment to elbow me in the gut. He’s always been incredibly popular. Girls loved him and guys wanted to be him. Me? I’ve always been content standing on the sidelines just watching the show.

Don’t get me wrong; I’m not a virgin, just after my first serious boyfriend, Seth shredded my heart into a billion pieces, I wasn’t interested in letting someone get close enough to hurt me again. Random hook-ups, one night stands, and investing in a couple of dates, or however long it took for them to give it up. I wasn’t looking for a relationship. I was only in the market for a piece of ass.

“Are you guys ready to go?” Jenny asked, bringing me back to reality and why we were hovering at the front of Evan’s apartment in the first place. I couldn’t make up an excuse fast enough to get me out of being forced to go to the party with them, so, instead of sitting home alone on a Friday night, I found myself in the back seat of Evan’s midnight blue Mustang.

***

The Mills’ family farm had a lot of land. A few years earlier they had sold a large section to a developer that brought in a few restaurants and a couple of shops, but it was still on the outskirts of town. Parks and Recs were granted access to the land behind the fast-food strip of McDonald’s, Wendy’s and Kentucky Fried Chicken, where they put in a soccer field, a baseball diamond and a playground. It was near the highway, which brought in enough traffic to keep them busy, but didn’t overload the roads into town.

The park closed at dusk, but that didn’t stop us from invading the property at night. The cops were usually informed when Lisa Mills was having a party so none of her guests were harassed. The bonfire was a few fields in, so it could barely be seen from the main road.

Jenny and Evan unloaded their cooler before spreading out a blanket on the ground near a group of people that they knew. Their conversation was friendly, yet I didn’t feel very social at the moment. Weaving my way between the growing crowds, I decided to stick to the perimeter of the party. I recognized a few people. A friendly smile or the occasional nod hello had me moving on rather quickly.

Someone handed me a beer as I passed through. I popped the top and settled into the tall grass to sip it and reflect on why I was here. There were a lot of couples dancing to the music when the hard hitting tempo of ‘Gangsta Paradise’ slowed down to the softer melody of Celine Dion’s song, ‘Because You Loved Me.’ I watched them swaying to the love ballot, feeling even lonelier than I had in a long time.

Even in the blackness of night, Jenny still watched me toss the bottle aside as I stomped off into the dim fields, heading towards the illumination of civilization instead of wandering off into the darkness in the opposite direction.

“Kevin, wait,” She called out, but I pretended that I didn’t hear her. Evan hung back as she raced forward to catch up to me. Ever since I had a minor mishap, a few weeks ago after washing down some painkillers and sleeping pills with a bottle of Jack Daniel’s, Jenny had become very protective of me.

I rolled my eyes, but didn’t stop walking towards the golden arches. “Go back to the party.”

The sounds of their footsteps behind me told me that they were going to follow me if I wanted them to or not. Making my way into the McDonald’s, I ordered fries and a milkshake before claiming the largest booth in the back of the restaurant for myself.

“Asshole, party of one, your table is ready.” Sarcasm dripped from Evan’s lips, which only made me scowl. One of the few things that he and I did have in common is our dark and twisted sense of humor. I gave him a playful slap to his cheek as I slid into the round booth only to have Jenny push in behind me.

Shaking my head, Evan joined her before I could even protest as my large table of one was suddenly growing to a party of three with Jenny seated in the middle, slowly stealing my fries. I propped my feet on the bench seat filling my side of the booth.

The conversation was playful as they waited for me to finish, before asking if I wanted to return to the party or go do something else. Contemplating my answer, the most gorgeous guy I’d ever seen walked in.

I gasped. Evan noticed me sit up and take notice. When I say that this guy was gorgeous, I mean that he was heart-stopping-breath-takingly-handsome! His auburn hair was an amazing array of gold, copper, and cinnamon color. Passing by the table, the guy’s emerald green eyes glanced up and he smiled. I swooned! Dimples adorned his thin cheeks while reddish freckles peppered his straight thin nose. His upper lip was also thin, but his lower lip was so plump, pink and kissably perfect.

I wanted him! My heart pounded for him. I was lightheaded, unable to form thoughts, let alone words, as he walked past our table heading towards the bathroom. His rich scent of masculinity mixed with earthy woods trailed behind him.

Before I could regain my composure, Carlton walked in the door behind him. “No fucking way,” I muttered under my breath. No! No! No! Jenny shot a questioning look at Evan who gave the slightest shake of his head. There wasn’t much that I didn’t tell Evan. Jenny, on the other hand, didn’t know all of my history, yet.

Remember those random hook-ups? Well, Carlton had been one of them. His eyes narrowed in on me, my face still flushed with excitement at seeing the new guy. I couldn’t hide the lust growing in my pants even if I tried.

“Don’t even think about it, Kev.” Carlton sneered at me.

I rolled my eyes at the irony, if that exquisite male specimen was with Carlton, I just might kill myself.

Carlton was a spoiled, rich, arrogant brat. Sure, he was good looking. He was tall, blond and perfect…perfect everything; perfect smile, perfect tan, perfect hair, every golden strand in place, but he was an egotistical asshole that thought the world was his for the taking.

“Rory’s taken,” Carlton growled. I rolled my eyes. Figures…God, I hated him!

Jenny was the first to point out his very important missing detail, “Taken…but you didn’t say anything about him being yours!

The angry look that flashed across Carlton’s handsome face was priceless. I knew there was a reason why I liked Jenny. Carlton and I had met at a party the summer before. After too much alcohol and a few lines of cocaine, we hooked-up. For me, it was just a one night stand, but Carlton called me repeatedly over the next few weeks desperately trying for a second go round. I wasn’t interested. Carlton was cute, but the sex wasn’t impressive. I passed on round two which really pissed him off.

“Back off, all of you,” Carlton glared at Jenny and Evan before his eyes bored into me. “He’s visiting from out of town--”

“How ‘bout a round ‘o introductions?” Rory’s thick Irish accent was sexy. Without waiting for an invitation, Rory slid his big body into the booth beside me. I quickly lifted my feet from the seat, but I didn’t have time to drop them to the floor. Rory sat down and draped his arms across my legs resting on his taut thighs.

“Me mates call me Ror,” He said as his friendly smile greeted the three of us at the table.

I could have melted from the heat seeping from his long warm fingers against the fabric covering my legs.

Rory was a lot taller than me, but at my height, most guys are. His arms and chest were well defined and visible through the thin material of his t-shirt which showed that his muscles were trim, but not overly bulky.

“Ar’ye headin’ over to the party?” Rory asked.

“Yes,” I said, at the same time Carlton shouted, “No!”

Turning my icy glare on Carlton, I told him, “Yes, we were just heading back to the party if you wanted to join us.” I knew that he was pissed, but he wouldn’t want to look like an asshole in front of his friend.

We walked back to the bonfire as a group. Carlton tried to stay between Rory and me as we talked, but I kept inching my way closer and closer. Once we had joined the others, Rory excused himself and headed back to Carlton’s car parked in the field with all of the others. I tried to follow him, but Carlton caught my arm and swung me around to face him.

“Listen, you little shit, he has a serious boyfriend, so back the fuck off. I know how you work…remember?” Carlton’s breath was as hot as the flames of the fire licking the sky just behind us. I hadn’t meant to hurt him last year. I wasn’t looking for a serious relationship…not then and certainly not now. Carlton was right. Rory was involved with someone already. I didn’t have any qualms with fucking someone and then leaving them, but I wasn’t going to break-up a couple that is truly in love. That’s what had happened to me when my ex-boyfriend, Seth, had been cheating on me. He had been running around behind my back with someone else, and I was the last to know about it.

While Rory was gone, I took the opportunity to quietly slip away. I could feel Carlton staring into the back of my head as I slowly walked in the opposite direction under the cover of night. The music continued, loud, upbeat and cheerful. I bummed a few beers from some guys that thought I was Evan and I made my way over to the dimly lit playground.

My friendly mood had disappeared. I knew at this time of night the playground would be deserted and I was right. Downing the semi-warm beers as quick as I could gave me a buzz, yet it didn’t numb my pain. I stood on the flat seat of the teeter-totter and decided to walk up the center until it was parallel with the ground. The balancing act was tricky, somehow, I kept it level until I turned and jumped off.

“Why are you such a fuck-up, Kevie?” I muttered to myself as I made my way to the merry-go-round. It was one of those small ones that you had to manually push to get it turning around. Flopping onto my back, I left my legs hanging over the side and used my feet to move myself around in circles.

The stars twinkled in the night sky. The smooth melodious movement was hypnotic. I closed my eyes and pushed my feet faster until I felt the weight of my body starting to slide. It felt good, like I was letting go of control and letting the world claim me.

“Who’s takin’ ye home tonigh’?”

“What?” I sat up so fast that I bumped my head on one of the metal handrails. The dull thump echoed in the air.

Rory was standing there watching me. I glanced around for Carlton. “You shouldn’t be here,” I told him.

“Why not? I thought ‘tis America…land ‘o the free.” Every sound from his lips was delicious. I closed my eyes and lay back on the merry-go-round. I could listen to him talk all day.

“Nope, this is the land of, ‘do as you’re told or someone will fuck-up your life.’” There was no need to be sarcastic with Rory, he hadn’t done anything wrong, but I couldn’t stop myself. That was my defense mechanism, hide behind cutting words and callous remarks. I hoped it would make him turn and walk away.

He didn’t!

“Ye still didn’t answer me. Who’s takin’ ye home?” He asked as he stuck his foot out and stopped the merry-go-round in mid-circle.

A dry chuckle escaped my lips. “Not you! Look, dude, I know you have a boyfriend. You have someone back home waiting for you, so why are you here? Why don’t you just go back to the party?”

The silence was thick and heavy. I thought that Rory had walked away until I felt him kick my leg. “I asked who was takin’ ye home, I didn’t say anything ‘bout fucking yer brains out when we got there.”

For once, I was at a loss for words. Just because I was used to picking up whomever I wanted, it never occurred to me that he wouldn’t want to fuck me. I was suddenly glad that the light was dim so he couldn’t see the embarrassment that flushed my cheeks.

I let out a sharp cynical laugh.

The merry-go-round tilted under his weight as he sat down on the opposite side. Rory settled back and told me all about him and his family. Our lives were very different. He was the eldest of his siblings and Evan and I were the youngest. He was really close to his father and mine had walked out on us right after we were born. Rory’s grandparents had moved to the States a few years ago. They were Carlton’s next door neighbors and that’s how they had met. His family visited for holidays, but this last year, Rory’s parent’s decided to move here permanently.

I listened to Rory opened up about everything, even Vaughn. I could have listened to him talk forever. The sound of his voice was beautiful, even when he was talking about the love of his life…Vaughn.

“So your parents stayed here and you went back home to Ireland?” I couldn’t imagine being so far away from my family and remaining in a country all alone.

“Yeah,” I heard him chuckle. “But I’m not alone back home--”

“That’s right,” I interrupted him, “The boyfriend.”

Rory rolled onto his side and stared at me, yet I couldn’t tear my eyes away from the starry night above us. I didn’t trust myself to look at him, but I could feel his eyes lingering on my face.

“Yes, Vaughn is there, but I live with me auntie and uncle. I’m lucky to ‘ave family both here and there.”

“So, when are you going home?” My heart pounded. I couldn’t decide if I wanted to see him again or not. Unfortunately, the decision was already made for me.

“I’m flyin’ home the end ‘o next week, but me family is leaving ‘or Florida in the mornin’. Me sisters have been pestering Da to take them to Disney World; they want to meet Mickey Mouse.”

All of the luck in the world brought this amazing person across my path for only a brief moment in time. In the morning he would be gone. Before we got much further into our conversation, Carlton showed up, yelling about Rory being his responsibility and demanding that it was time to go home.

“’Twas nice to meet ye, Kevin,” Rory whispered and with that, he was gone.

***

 

I couldn’t get Rory out of my mind. He haunted my dreams... those piercing eyes, the slightest hint of a grin, his long fingers, and strong shoulders. The encounter was over too soon, but what was done, was done. There was no magic wand to stop time and make that moment in the park last forever, nor was there a way to turn back the hands of time. I had to face it… Rory was really gone!

Days melted into weeks that gradually grew into months. Thoughts of the sexy Irishman were never far from my mind. I would catch a rich dark scent on the wind that would flood his memory back to me. My body would respond like it always did, flushing hot, hard, longing for him. I couldn’t find desire with another man unless I closed my eyes and thought about Rory. Images of his beautiful face exploded behind my eyes as another possessed my body.

I tried to hide the pain behind my smile. When I ran into Carlton one night out at a crowded bar, my first instinct was to turn back towards the direction I’d just come, but another part of me wanted to grovel for any information that I could get about Rory.

“Kevin,” I heard Carlton shout my name with a sound of happiness lacing in his voice.

I swore under my breath and willed my bristled shoulders to relax. This would only take a second. There was no way that I was going to let him get under my skin. He was my only connection to Rory. I would be polite and exchange hellos before making an excuse for a quick getaway if he showed no sign of news about Rory.

“Hey, Carlton, how have you been?” I asked really not caring what his answer was.

The smirk that slithered across his handsome face was revolting. “I’ve been good. In fact, I just got back from a long trip to Ireland.”

Carlton knew exactly what he was doing to me. Knowing that this douchebag saw Rory…my Rory, was a slice to my aching heart. I scrambled to come up some sort of witty comeback, but I couldn’t. Instead, I stood there, mouth gaping open, staring at him. I don’t know when it happened, but something snapped when I thought about Rory being mine.

“My parents came back home right after the funeral, but I stuck around for a few--”

“Funeral? Who’s fucking funeral?” I screamed loud enough that several people stopped dancing long enough to stare at me. My heart raced and thudded inside my chest at the thought that something had happened to Rory.

“Vaughn was killed in a car accident. As soon as I heard the news, I flew--”

That bastard! I wanted to punch Carlton in his big fat mouth. How dare he? Rory’s boyfriend died and he was standing here, actually gloating? Acting like he had reached his greedy hand into Rory’s broken heart and pulled out a winning prize. This asshole wasn’t Rory’s friend! With friends like this slime ball, who needs enemies? I heard enough! I turned on my heels and walked out before doing something that would get me thrown out…or sent to jail.

***

The seasons changed. It didn’t matter if it was warm or icy cold, all I felt was numb. I drifted through the days that seemed to blur together. I mourned for Vaughn. I shed tears for a man that I didn’t know because the man who loved him was extraordinary.

“We’re taking Jenny out tonight.” Evan had to tell me twice because I zoned out and didn’t hear a single word that he said the first time.

“Me and you?” I questioned.

Nodding his blond head, Evan grinned, unable to resist enforcing the grammar police. “You and I… and yes we’re taking Jenny out. C’mon, Kevie, it’ll be fun.” He had been trying to get me out of my depression for weeks.

“Don’t tell me that Jenny wants a threesome for her birthday. Is she trying to check off two boxes at once?”

Evan rolled his eyes at me and chuckled. “Wouldn’t that technically be three boxes… threesome, twins and a homo?” He playfully stuck his tongue out at me. I couldn’t help but laugh. My brother always made me feel better.

“I don’t know if I feel like going out--”

“Damn it, bro, I won’t take no for an answer,” Evan interrupted my wallowing, “It’s Friday night and a bunch of people will be there. It will be fun and Jenny’s brother Shawn will be there too…” He let me fill in the end of that sentence with my own kinky thoughts. Jenny’s brother was straight, but he was super cute. I had spent more than one occasion trying to persuade Shawn to explore his bi-curious side, so spending a few hours ogling him wouldn’t be too bad, besides it wasn’t like I had anything else to do.

“Sure, where and when?”

Squaring away the final details, Evan rushed off to pick up his girlfriend.

Eight o’clock was kind of early to start club hopping, but Jenny insisted that she wanted to hit several places tonight, so I quickly showered and headed out to meet them.

The music hadn’t reached that deafening level that it does with a full house, and since it was still early, the volume was still comfortable. Making my way to the bar, I ordered a drink to keep my hands busy while I waited for our friends to arrive. I sat on a stool and twisted the glass around in my fingers.

“Who’s takin’ ye home tonigh’?” The Irish accent washed over me as Rory’s breath tickled my ear.

The glass slipped from my fingers. I couldn’t catch my breath. Was I dreaming? Had I fallen asleep at the bar? It couldn’t be him. It couldn’t! I closed my eyes, too scared to look over my shoulder, afraid that it would have only been my imagination, but I glanced back to see Rory standing there.

“Ror, what are you doing here?” I asked. My blue eyes were wide with shock.

He grinned and shook his head. His hair was shorter than when I saw him last, but the color was still that rich auburn. He was beautiful. He was real. He was staring at me with a dark lust behind his eyes. He was mine!

“Don’t change the subject--”

I glanced at the small crowd starting to form in the bar, looking for Carlton. Rory noticed that I my eyes were darting everywhere, except looking at him. He caught my chin, focusing my attention on him.

“I’m just so surprised to see you.” I raised my voice since the music had been turned up with the growing crowd. Rory leaned in and spoke against my ear, “Let’s find somewhere…” He contemplated his words. I didn’t mind, I loved the feel of him lingering this close to me, his smell, his presence, his lips hovering so close to my skin. “…more private.”

He didn’t have to wait. Jumping off the barstool, I noticed Jenny and Evan in the crowd. Jenny’s face positively glowed with happiness as she threaded her fingers through Evan’s hand and winked at me.

There weren’t enough words in the universe to thank them. I didn’t know who or how this meeting was set up, but I was in heaven. Rory pulled my hand into his as he led me out of the smoky bar and into the night.

The drive to the playground was short. I could feel Rory watching me as I changed gears. Somehow, I kept my eyes focused on the road ahead of us until I finally pulled into the empty parking lot and then I still couldn’t look at him.

“Yer quiet.” He said.

“I’m scared,” I hated to admit this to him, but I felt this incredible need to be honest with him, to bare my soul to him, even if it crushed me, I had to tell him how I feel. Without thinking I blurted out, “I’m so sorry to hear about your boyfriend.” The words rushed out in one flustered breath. That wasn’t what I had planned on saying to him, yet the words just came out on their own.

The car was absolutely silent! My heart was pumping so fast, I could feel the overflow of blood struggling to push through my veins all at once. It wasn’t cold, but my hands trembled on the steering wheel. I had already turned off the ignition and still, I clutched the wheel as if I would be speeding off into the night at any moment.

Why wasn’t Rory saying something? It was too silent. I glanced over at this incredibly gorgeous guy, sitting in my front seat, and I saw him staring at me. His intense gaze made me tremble even more. “I’m sorry--”

Rory’s lips cut off my apology. His body quickly narrowed the distance between us and before I could react, he kissed me. His mouth was hard and hot and tasted like peppermint. I leaned into him, melting into his touch, reveling in his delicious kiss.

“I’m sorry,” I muttered against his lips. My mind was a befuddled mess. I felt lightheaded.

“I’m not sorry. I’ve wanted to kiss ye since the first moment I saw ye.” He told me, his warm breath against my face.

I struggled to understand his words. “But…what about Vaughn?” Rory winced when I said his boyfriend’s name. As soon as the words tumbled out, I wanted them back.

“We broke up shortly after I returned home.”

“Why?” I didn’t mean to interrupt him. It was a bad habit of mine. I sheepishly bit on my bottom lip and waited for him to continue.

Tempered lust simmered behind his eyes. “Because of ye, Kev. We broke up ‘cause I couldn’t stop thinking about ye...day and nigh’…ye consumed my mind, every thought...every desire.”

He paused for a second.

“Vaughn must have sensed the change. He started pullin’ away from me…and I let him…then, one nigh’, I walked in on him in bed with ‘nother guy. I was almost relieved that it twas over. I told him that nigh’ that I was comin’ back to the States.”

Rory took a deep breath before he continued, “He was killed in a car accident a few weeks later.” His words finally sank in. I couldn’t believe that he felt this way about me. “You came back for me? But…what about Carlton? He’s tall and perfect and handsome…not me!”

Rory chuckled. “That’s exactly what he said.”

“You talked to Carlton about me?” I balked, angry that they would have already had this conversation about me. There was no hiding that I was upset by the fact, while I waited for him to answer.

“Yes,” I could see the honesty behind his emerald eyes. “I told him it was never goin’ to be him. I've known him since we were boys. Carlton will always be me mate, but I didn’t feel the same way ‘bout him…like I do for ye.”

This was crazy. He didn’t know me. I was such a royal fuck-up. I destroyed everything that I touched. Self-destruction should be my middle name, but Rory had given up his entire life and traveled halfway around the world just on pure hope of a relationship with me…not for a quick one night stand.

Rory was the sign that I had been waiting for. I had prayed for something special in my life and here he was. He sat in front of me, begging me to let him into my life. He wanted to be part of my crazy existence. Rory wanted to be mine.

The darkness had consumed the night around us. A streetlight over the tennis court cast enough light to make out the features of his beautiful face.

“Ror…not a second has passed that I haven’t thought about you too,” I whispered.

Rory’s eyes closed at the revelation. He leaned closer to nuzzle his nose along my neck just under my ear. “Ye smell so good…” He growled against my throat. The warmth of his finger twining in my hair made me shudder. “I want ye…more than I’ve ever wanted anyone.”

“If you take me home tonight, you can have me.” I purred against his ear.

Thanks for reading.
K.C.
Copyright © 2012 K.C.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



and this is the silver lining I was talking about. The story is beautiful. Thank you for sharing such a private piece of memory with us all. Hugs and chocolates. :)

Link to comment

thanks so much for sharing this. you tell the story so well. and it's brave of you to share something personal. thanks for letting us in!

Link to comment

Awww KC, this was beautiful, and thanks for sharing. This is the third anthology story i have read today, and each of you have had a completely different take, and all were unique. I love this. You wrote a wonderful story!thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Link to comment
On 09/09/2012 04:39 AM, asamvav111 said:
and this is the silver lining I was talking about. The story is beautiful. Thank you for sharing such a private piece of memory with us all. Hugs and chocolates. :)
Thanks! :)
Link to comment
On 09/09/2012 06:02 AM, carringtonrj said:
thanks so much for sharing this. you tell the story so well. and it's brave of you to share something personal. thanks for letting us in!
RJ, it was really hard letting people in :)I'm glad you liked it :D
Link to comment
On 09/09/2012 08:29 AM, joann414 said:
Awww KC, this was beautiful, and thanks for sharing. This is the third anthology story i have read today, and each of you have had a completely different take, and all were unique. I love this. You wrote a wonderful story!thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Thanks Joann! I really like the anthologies, how each writer approaches a subject with their own unique point of view. It's a lot of fun and you get several short stories to read at once *happy dance* :P
Link to comment
On 09/09/2012 01:35 PM, Breeze said:
Like the others, thank you for sharing something so personal. What a beautiful story.
Thanks Breeze, it's harder writing something so personal. I'm glad you liked it :)
Link to comment
On 09/09/2012 10:14 PM, Shadow Runner said:
How romantic! I've heard you tell this story before, I'm so glad that you put it up for the world to enjoy. xoxo ~R
:*) This was soooooo hard to do. I stressed and worried so much over this. I think I'll stick to fiction where I can create my own world and characters to push around...this real life stuff is hard! :P
Link to comment

:hugs: kudos KC! you have an amazing way of letting us see int your life through a window.

Its beautiful and amazing. Now i see what you had once told me abt 'loss'.

just.. WOW! :D

Link to comment
On 09/10/2012 03:12 AM, Frostina said:
:hugs: kudos KC! you have an amazing way of letting us see int your life through a window.

Its beautiful and amazing. Now i see what you had once told me abt 'loss'.

just.. WOW! :D

Thanks Frosty, yeah this is what I was talking about. It was still hard on him, even if they weren't still together. Thanks for reading and alwys being so kind and supporting my work :hug:
Link to comment

Thanks for letting us see this snapshot of your life. Your description of Rory makes me want to meet him, too!

Link to comment
On 09/10/2012 08:14 AM, Dark said:
Thanks for letting us see this snapshot of your life. Your description of Rory makes me want to meet him, too!
:D Thanks Dark, I'm glad you liked it, now step away from my man! :P

 

No...seriously...he's mine! :lol:

 

Thanks! ;) Kc

Link to comment

Thanks for sharing. And don't you ever complain about bad luck again because you've described having the best luck about one of the most important aspects in your life. cool.png

Link to comment
On 09/10/2012 11:53 AM, Daddydavek said:
Thanks for sharing. And don't you ever complain about bad luck again because you've described having the best luck about one of the most important aspects in your life. cool.png
You know what, that is so true and believe me, I tell him every day how lucky I am to have him. I can't believe that he wanted me and my quirky-craziness but he did! :D I'm so happy he did. Thanks for reading!
Link to comment

Dude!!!!!

Man, am I allowed to be jealous? Irish, a hunk, an man that gave it all up for you as he felt as crazy for you as you did for him......

Ah hell, true life is always the best story.

It's never easy to share days, weeks, pain or shame with people KC, but you came out the other end with a pure diamond and it's only added to its value over time. Thanks for having the courage and willingness to share a snapshot of your life for me and all to read, it was a sweet, charming and pleasant road to walk with you. :)

Link to comment

Thanks for sharing something so personal KC. It is such a lovely story, but it must have been so hard writing it.

Link to comment
On 09/10/2012 12:34 PM, Yettie One said:
Dude!!!!!

Man, am I allowed to be jealous? Irish, a hunk, an man that gave it all up for you as he felt as crazy for you as you did for him......

Ah hell, true life is always the best story.

It's never easy to share days, weeks, pain or shame with people KC, but you came out the other end with a pure diamond and it's only added to its value over time. Thanks for having the courage and willingness to share a snapshot of your life for me and all to read, it was a sweet, charming and pleasant road to walk with you. :)

Awww Thanks! He is such a great guy, I don't know what I've done to deserve him! It is hard to share personal stories, but my hubby gave me the ok to tell it. Thanks for taking time to read. :) KC
Link to comment
On 09/10/2012 04:44 PM, Andy78 said:
Thanks for sharing something so personal KC. It is such a lovely story, but it must have been so hard writing it.
Thanks Andy, it is so much easier to write fiction. This story affected so many other lives besides mine which can be hard to write objectively. This really took a toll on me, so I think I'll stick to make-believe for a while :P
Link to comment

Exceptional story, KC! That it's based on your own life makes it all the more so. A real birthday treat, too. Thanks. worshippy.gif

Link to comment
On 09/11/2012 02:33 AM, Conner said:
Exceptional story, KC! That it's based on your own life makes it all the more so. A real birthday treat, too. Thanks. worshippy.gif
Happy Birthday! Glad you liked it, If I would have known ahead of time I would have gift wrapped him---err I mean the story for you. Only I get to unwrap him ;) LOL Thanks for reading.
Link to comment

For someone who says they are so unlucky you seem to have found some wonderfully lucky things. The story is as uplifting and beautiful as the man who wrote it. May you both have many more years and rides on the merry go round KC. :)

Link to comment
On 09/12/2012 01:02 AM, comicfan said:
For someone who says they are so unlucky you seem to have found some wonderfully lucky things. The story is as uplifting and beautiful as the man who wrote it. May you both have many more years and rides on the merry go round KC. :)
I'm unlucky when it comes to a lot of things but not with him. I can honestly say that if it wasn't for him, I would not be here today! He has put up with my craziness and help to keep me grounded when I've felt like flying into a million pieces. Thanks so much for reading, Wayne!

 

KC :D

Link to comment

Hey KC, thanks for sharing your story.... Beautiful story, loved it. You have had a pretty interesting life, havent you thumbsup.gif I am pretty jealous, i guess... I hope you have a great life together, the two of you. hug.gif

Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..