Jump to content
    kuragari129
  • Author
  • 732 Words
  • 2,700 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Little Life of Nolan Parks - 10. Friends - I'll Try

This story contains mature content; rape, incest, and abuse being a few. This is a warning so you do not enter into the story without warning. I promise, even though this is a darker story, it does not have a dark ending.
Enjoy!
This is the 3rd of Henry's POV chapters. It's a little on the short side, but it's here.

Henry -The day of the sleepover

 

I woke up to find Connor in the living room watching TV. “Hey, what's up?” I looked over at the clock, it read 11:02.

“Nothing much, Nolan had to go home early, by the way. You were asleep, and I didn't want to wake you or the 'lion'.” Justin does snores like a lion, and it doesn't help he has a mop of hair on his head like a lion's mane.

“Ya... I guess I've gotten used to it. How come Nolan went home early?”

Connor shrugged his shoulders, “Something about his mom going into work I think. His brother and a friend came by to pick him up. He's been gone for about an hour.”

“Weird...” Nolan always gets shy around his brother. I'm now worried about everything that's happened while I was asleep.

Connor and I spent a few hours watching TV. Justin joined us around 2PM, just like I thought he would, he always sleeps late when he comes over. I spent the entire time worried about Nolan; something was just unsettling about the whole situation.

Connor and Justin went home at about four, and I made my way over to Nolan's. When I got here, I found a police car in front of his house. I ran up on the porch and knocked furiously on the front door.

His mom answered the door, “Oh, Henry, why are you here?”

I looked into the house a bit, and there was an officer sitting on the couch. “I was wondering what happened with Nolan this morning.”

She nodded and started to tear up, “Henry now is not a good time. You'll learn more later; I promise.”

“Okay... Thanks.” I couldn't tell what was going on, but the pain in her eyes almost made me cry. I didn't know what to do... I started to walk home slowly.

 

It was the next day when Nolan's mom showed up at my house. She told me Nolan ended up in the hospital; she didn't really say why just that he was there. “You're welcome to visit him any time you would like. His cousin Liam will be there; I'll tell him to expect you?”

I nodded, “Ya... I want to visit him.”

“Okay, I'll tell Liam.”

 

The next day I was visiting Nolan. He was lying there, just lying there, and I was watching him. “Do you know what happened to him?”

I looked over to Liam. He gave me a shrug. “No idea, I just... Have stuff of my own I've needed to sort out, so I've been staying here.”

“Oh... I can go if you want to be alone still.”

“No, I should have some company now. I've been a little too, myself the past couple of days.”

“What happened?”

“Moving suddenly is a lot to swallow.” It sounded like there was more to the story, but who am I to question him right now. “Who is Nolan to you?”

I felt my face heat up; I was blushing! “He's... he's a friend of mine, that’s all...”

Liam let out a laugh, “Is he now? Just a friend, you sure?” I nodded furiously. “I know you just met me, but let's be honest here. You like him more than just a friend.”

How would he know that? What have I been doing? I just came in and looked at Nolan like any other normal person would. What did I do for him to pick up vibes about that?

I didn't know what to do, I almost felt like crying. “I just wanted to know he was okay...”

Liam sighed, “Look; I'm sorry about being so forward about this. I moved suddenly because my father got drunk and got thrown in jail. Now we both know each other’s secrets.”

“From the first time I saw him I thought he was adorable... I wanted to get to know him; it just felt like I needed him.”

“Well, I'm sure Nolan feels the same about you, you know that he needs you. This is the first time even meeting him myself, so I can't say it for sure, but do your best. You never know maybe he'll give you a chance.” I couldn't help but giggle and smile.

I will definitely take Liam's advice, one day; I will ask Nolan out.

Chapter end.

This story was originally posted on Nifty and will hopefully now be on Gay Authors. If you've read it on Nifty, and reading it again thanks! If you're reading it for the first time, I hope you enjoyed!
Copyright © 2016 kuragari129; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Sad 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Nice that Liam and Henry have started a friendship. I'm not certain Henry will find out about what's been going on with Nolan, unless Nolan chooses to tell him himself.
Good job on some of the "back fill" of the story. More, more!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

There's still a bit of mystery behind Liam's story. I'm guessing that dad more than just get drunk and go to jail to prompt their sudden move to town. Guess we'll just have to wait till Liam is ready to tell his story. Let me continue to make guesses, his perceptiveness about Henrys' feelings for Nolan are because he's probably gay as well? Lots to keep us interested in the story. Chapter was short but good. I'm really beginning to love this story.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..