Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 2,055 Words
  • 3,792 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

That Dog, Young Jae - 4. Chapter 4

 *~*~*~*~*

If you can’t get rid

Of the skeleton in your closet,

You’d best teach it to dance.

George Bernard Shaw

*~*~*~*~*

4

“She’s insane.” Min glared at the slender elegant woman on the television. How could she go on live television and promise to support striking Hanje factory workers? He grabbed the remote and switched the screen off just as Young Jae walked into his bedroom.

“You need to talk to her.” Young Jae dropped a bunch of magazines on the bed. “She’s giving interviews to anyone who is willing to talk to her. She’s going to destroy your father’s reputation.”

“I can’t talk to her.” Min refused to look at the magazines and concentrated on cuffing his gray shirt. “I won’t get in between my parents.”

“You won’t be getting between them. Their stability ties into the company image. We can’t afford a scandal. Your father has left for Osaka, which makes you acting head of your family.” Young Jae pulled out a white envelope from his inside jacket pocket and held it out. “Your mother is hosting a gala tonight; you should show up and try talking to her.”

“You are so cold-hearted, Young Jae.” Min took the envelope and threw it on the bed with the magazines. “I’m not getting in between their non-marriage.”

“I don’t think you have a choice.” Young Jae sighed and closed the distance between them. He placed a gentle hand on Min’s shoulder. “Look, I realize you’re trying to protect your mother, but she’s gone too far.”

Min shrugged Young Jae’s hand from his shoulder and reached for his suit jacket. His day was filled with annoying appointments with the various directors of Hanje. He couldn’t imagine adding his mother on to the list.

“Min,” Young Jae prompted when he walked to the desk by the large windows showing off the garden. “They’re going to pull you in to this sooner or later.”

Min scoffed. “We share DNA, Young Jae, understate much?”

He grabbed up his wallet and phone. “We should get going. Mr. Rio doesn’t like to be kept waiting.”

Young Jae sighed. “We can’t ignore your mother’s antics any longer. She has to be stopped.”

“She’s a Jun; she can do whatever she pleases.” Min shrugged and hurried out of his bedroom.

A frustrated Young Jae followed him downstairs to the dining room where breakfast waited. Min grabbed up the newspaper hoping if he buried his attention into the daily news, Young Jae might quit. He found his mother’s smiling face on the front page promising financial support to protesting workers at the Hanje factories. He folded the newspaper and put it on the table with a sigh.

“We’ll swing by her house before we head to Mr. Rio’s residence. I’ll call ahead.” Young Jae stated, picking up his cup of coffee.

Min looked up and met his gaze. “Are you enjoying this?”

“What?” Young Jae asked sipping his coffee.

Min shook his head and stared into his untouched coffee. The week had been full of incidences that needed his attention. A supermarket manager who’d run away with a day’s worth of sales. It had been followed by one of the warehouses owned by Hanje malls burning to the ground. Thankfully no one died in the fire. Two days ago, the Hanje shoes factory workers had gone on strike. One incident after another leading to multiple complains from the board of directors. He’d scheduled a meeting with Mr. Rio in the morning to find a way to sort out the complaints.

He rubbed at his left temple and got up from his chair. “Let’s go, we’re wasting time.”

“You should eat something.” Young Jae urged quietly. “Starving yourself won’t fix your problems.”

Min glared at the annoying man. “I’ll be in the car when you’re done stuffing yourself.”

He turned on his heel, ready to leave, but Young Jae grabbed his elbow. Angry words at the tip of his tongue, he turned to yell but Young Jae stopped him with a hard punishing kiss. He reached up, grabbing at Young Jae’s upper arm, but the punishing kiss turned soft against his lips. A cajoling demand on his lips, that had him frozen as Young Jae’s fingers slipped into his hair, the other around his waist to pull him closer. He closed his eyes and sighed as he opened his mouth to allow Young Jae’s seeking tongue. The soft teasing exploration left him breathless and clinging to Young Jae’s upper arms.

He buried his face into Young Jae’s shoulder when they broke the kiss. His heart racing a mile a minute in his chest unsure what to say at this exact moment.

“You need to keep calm.” Young Jae stroked his hair gently with his right hand. “Things are only going to get worse from here.”

“I suppose you think kissing me is the way to make me calm.” Min tried to step back but Young Jae refused to let him go.

“I kiss you because you annoy me so much. I find it’s the best way to shut you up.” Young Jae tightened his hold, giving him a tight hug. “You’re doing fine.”

“Let go,” Min said quietly. He didn’t want the warmth in this hug. He wanted to cling to the heat he’d found in Shin’s arms instead of this smoldering fire raging between him and Young Jae. He wanted nothing to do with it. “We shouldn’t be doing this.”

“There is nothing stopping us.” Young Jae ran a hand over Min’s back gently.

Min shook his head, and took a step back. He brought his hands up and pushed against Young Jae’s chest. “Don’t touch me,” he ordered keeping his tone hard. “I don’t like it.”

“Who are you lying to, me or you?” Young Jae chuckled. “Your face is flushed, your cock filling from arousal, and your lips are swollen.”

Min glared at him for a moment before he stalked out of the dining room and headed straight for the bathroom to wash his face. His cheeks flaming hot he wished for a reprieve.

************************************************************************

Young Jae chuckled when Min hurried out of the dining room. It was fun getting a rise out of Min. He loved how Min’s eyes flashed at him with anger. He couldn’t help imagining the thrilling sight of watching Min’s eyes burn with passion. He turned to look at the newspaper Min had left at the table. His thoughts settled on Min’s mother and her recent campaign against Hanje Group.

The opposition against Min was immense. The factory workers being incited by Min’s Uncle, the fire at the warehouse, the board members, he frowned. Min was keeping it together but he was stressed. It was time to pick a side, he thought.

**********************************************************************

Omma,” Min tried to keep his tone as calm as possible. “Can’t you stop making trouble for Hanje Group? I’ll give you whatever you want. Tell me what you’re after.”

“If you came to push your father’s agenda, you better leave, Min.” Yuna sat back in her armchair and took up a regal stance. “I thought you came to see your mother.”

Min sighed. He fought off irritation and studied his mother. He didn’t understand her. She kept a slim figure, and thanks to a few visits to her plastic surgeon, she could pass for later thirties instead of the late forties she was. She was always in designer clothes. He’d never seen her dressed casually.

She’d separated from his father when he’d turned ten. She’d left for New York and hadn’t returned until his eighteenth birthday. She’d come back with a daughter six years his junior. Six years having her in Seoul, and he still hadn’t found common ground.

She broke the silence first. “Your sister needs a date for the gala tonight. Will you do it?”

“You mean, that crazy girl and me,” Min blurted out. He shuddered at the thought of the eighteen year old brat Yuna liked to call his little sister. Lara, as she preferred to be called was a she-devil disguised as an eighteen year old woman. “No way,” he said firmly.

“Min, she’s your sister.” Yuna insisted with a severe expression. “You should help her enter the social circle. Introduce her to Shin, Jihu and Kaori.”

“They’re abroad,” Min said glad his friends weren’t in Seoul for the first time since they had flown out.

“Min, try and get Lara into your social circle.”

“I won’t do it.” Min shook his head hating the thought of letting Lara lose on unsuspecting people. “You’re being unfair. You want something from me, but you can’t promise to let go of the spotlight. It must mean you’re eager to expose Lara’s reputation to the circus you’re running.”

He picked up the newspaper lying on the coffee table and held it out to her. “My name is printed beside yours every five sentences in this article. Is that the life you want for Lara?”

“You’re like your father.” Yuna accused glaring at him. “Is this how he taught you to treat your elders?”

Omma,” Min shouted in irritation. “Make a choice! I have an appointment in minutes.”

“You don’t have time for your mother.” She complained shaking her head in disappointment. “What’s wrong with my name appearing besides yours? I’m your mother, Min.”

“You’re making life difficult for me.” He stood up and adjusted his suit jacket. It was obvious they weren’t going to reach an agreement. “I’m begging you, please, stop giving interviews to anyone who’ll talk to you. As for Lara, she can show up at the gala alone. She doesn’t need a date, she has the name.”

He gave her the bow of respect she was craving and turned to leave the living room. This was why he hated dealing with issues do with his parents. Issues got blurred. He always ended up having to choose a side.

Oppa,” Lara called just as he reached the door. He froze, a grimace twisting his face for a moment. He turned to look at her. She stood at the top of the stairs with a wide smile. She was dressed for a game of tennis, her long hair in a ponytail. “Were you leaving without saying hello to me?”

She rushed to the bottom of the stairs and he was wrapped in a tight hug. She stepped back with a happy giggle. “You’re always so busy. Come play tennis with me.”

“I’m sorry, I need to go.” He smiled stiffly.

“You always say that.” She pouted. “Did you fight with Omma?”

“Lara, please, I have an important appointment. I don’t want to disappoint this man.”

“It’s fine to disappoint me, then,” she replied, tears filling her eyes. “I thought we’re family. I know I’m just your half-sister, but, don’t you think of me as your dongsaeng?”

“You see the way you’re acting right now?” Min pointed to the tears and the stupid pout she was wearing. “I don’t have time for your antics. I’m leaving, see you.”

Oppa,” Lara exclaimed as he escaped out of the house and into the waiting car in the parking lot.

Young Jae gave him an in inquisitive glance as he settled in his seat. He sighed and shook his head.

“She won’t do it. I told you she won’t stop.”

“We’ll see what happens at the gala.” Young Jae decided.

“I’m not going to the gala. Lara will be there.” Min shuddered at the thought. “I can’t go through a party with her.”

“Lara is a sweet girl,” Young Jae protested gently. His tone toward Lara surprised Min. “What did she ever do to you?”

“She’s manipulative and full of theatrical antics. There’s nothing ‘sweet’ in Lara.” Min shook his head. His mother had spoiled the girl rotten.

“If you gave her the time of day, you’d find out she’s just lonely like you. She’s more than a manipulative brat.” Young Jae pointed out as the car turned into traffic. “Take it from a person who knows.”

“What do you mean?” Min turned to Young Jae confused.

“You were a spoiled brat as far as I was concerned a couple of weeks ago. I couldn’t stand the sight of you.” Young Jae confessed with a slight smile. “Look at me now.”

em>Oppa - means older brother, used only by girls to their older brothers or older boys close to the family...
Omma - means 'mom' in korean
dongsaeng- younger sibling....:thumbup:  more to learn just for you Carrie :)
2012, lilansui
  • Like 15
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Oh wow. Didn't know Min would be taking on a nutty mother in the run too. She is a really interesting character. So is the sister that is now coming into play. I am curious to see how that all plays out. As for Young Jae, He seems to think his kisses are magic. He uses them as a hush tool all the time. Its pretty cute actually. I want to see them get together and be happy. In a lot of ways, Young Jae has so much control over his emotions that he is just going to let Min play into his arms. Min may not know he wants to be there yet but he will soon. I really like this story. I can't wait for more.

This weekend, me and my dongsaeng Jessica are going to a concert. Woohoo, shake our booties to really loud music. Then off to a comic con. Shall be fun!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/18/2012 10:21 AM, Carrie76 said:
Oh wow. Didn't know Min would be taking on a nutty mother in the run too. She is a really interesting character. So is the sister that is now coming into play. I am curious to see how that all plays out. As for Young Jae, He seems to think his kisses are magic. He uses them as a hush tool all the time. Its pretty cute actually. I want to see them get together and be happy. In a lot of ways, Young Jae has so much control over his emotions that he is just going to let Min play into his arms. Min may not know he wants to be there yet but he will soon. I really like this story. I can't wait for more.

This weekend, me and my dongsaeng Jessica are going to a concert. Woohoo, shake our booties to really loud music. Then off to a comic con. Shall be fun!

Min's mum is special ^_^ That's funny about Young Jae, didn't think about it before, but I had a good laugh.

I'm jealous of you and your dongsaeng, I want to go to comic con too.:)Is it yaoi con in long beach? I wonder if you guys will be dressing up? And as who? The club sounds a lot of fun too. enough questions. Thanks for reading Carrie.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Young Jae seems to attract Min no matter how Min tries to deny and avoid it.

Min's mom does have a point. He just went to see her, went straight to business, and nothing more. That was pretty cold. But I can't blame him for being cold to the "bratty" sister. lol

Min should have volunteered Young Jae to talk hi sister to the gala, kinda turn the tables on him. That would have been interesting.

Another good one girl:)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/19/2012 05:37 AM, joann414 said:
Young Jae seems to attract Min no matter how Min tries to deny and avoid it.

Min's mom does have a point. He just went to see her, went straight to business, and nothing more. That was pretty cold. But I can't blame him for being cold to the "bratty" sister. lol

Min should have volunteered Young Jae to talk hi sister to the gala, kinda turn the tables on him. That would have been interesting.

Another good one girl:)

Min needs to work on his relationship with his mum a bit more. Young Jae and Lara, hehe, i might just do that to see how it comes out. Thanks for the review, Joann
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Well, that's one way of shutting Min up; by kissing him. lol But I think Young Jae likes it too much. =) And of course Min is denying his feelings.

 

Min always seems annoyed. I wonder if that's his usual personality, or if it's just b/c he's under so much stress and b/c he's doing a job he didn't really want to begin with.

 

I do think if he wanted his mom to back off, he should have been nicer and more like a son than a businessman. And I think he's being totally unfair to Lara. She seemed really nice and sweet.

 

I'm looking forward to the gala. I wonder what will go wrong there? lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/21/2012 12:08 PM, Lisa said:
Well, that's one way of shutting Min up; by kissing him. lol But I think Young Jae likes it too much. =) And of course Min is denying his feelings.

 

Min always seems annoyed. I wonder if that's his usual personality, or if it's just b/c he's under so much stress and b/c he's doing a job he didn't really want to begin with.

 

I do think if he wanted his mom to back off, he should have been nicer and more like a son than a businessman. And I think he's being totally unfair to Lara. She seemed really nice and sweet.

 

I'm looking forward to the gala. I wonder what will go wrong there? lol

We're working on Min's att. :) I'll have a serious talk with him. :wizard: Thanks for reading Lisa.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Min's mom is special all right. Leaves her son with nothing at ten years old leaves the country comes back eight years later with a daughter and expects everything to be hunky dory. Your right Min is being churlish and cold but look at it his way, his mother leaves him with his father who can only think of family honour and business first before his son. He only had three friends who he could relax and be himself with and only after escaping to meet them, now they are gone and he has nothing. He is now thrust into the middle of a three way family war with a side kick he desperately wants to hate and that doesn't even include the fact that his side kick is working for the other side. Add to that he is 22 years old, why would you expect him to react any different.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/06/2013 06:28 AM, Daithi said:
Min's mom is special all right. Leaves her son with nothing at ten years old leaves the country comes back eight years later with a daughter and expects everything to be hunky dory. Your right Min is being churlish and cold but look at it his way, his mother leaves him with his father who can only think of family honour and business first before his son. He only had three friends who he could relax and be himself with and only after escaping to meet them, now they are gone and he has nothing. He is now thrust into the middle of a three way family war with a side kick he desperately wants to hate and that doesn't even include the fact that his side kick is working for the other side. Add to that he is 22 years old, why would you expect him to react any different.
You summed up Min's predicament beautifully. His mom was pushy, in an annoying way, but she was going after what she wanted. I love your thoughts on Min's situation.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..