Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 4,042 Words
  • 4,021 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

That Dog, Young Jae - 8. Chapter 8

Let’s go together.

I may not know where the end is…

But if we go together,

It won’t be lonely.

 

8

“Kim Young Jae was responsible for the workers striking at the Hanje shoe factory. He has been helping Jun Yul to destroy Chairman Jun Min Ho’s business reputation. He confessed it all at a press conference two months ago. Chairman Jun Min Ho was vetted by the board and he’s now officially the group’s heir.”

“Shut up,” Lara snapped at the two women whispering to each other in the hallway at the Hanje Group had offices. The two women gasped when they looked at her. “Don’t you know gossiping is in bad taste? Find some place else to make up stories.”

She glared at the two women and kept walking down the hallway towards Min’s offices at the end of the fifteenth floor. She pushed her hair back and shook her head at the gossip. She’d been hoping it would die down, but it seemed to be catching fire with each week. Min was already struggling with the situation; he didn’t need an office full of gossip mongers peddling that bogus story.

She walked into the quiet reception and smiled at the young man behind the desk. “Is he in?”

“Yes, he’s supposed to be going out in a few minutes.”

“Thank you.” She walked right into Min’s office and wasn’t surprised to find him standing by the office windows staring out. She’d caught him doing it more times than she cared to count. He was missing Young Jae. “Oppa, I brought you lunch.”

He looked up and smiled at her. “Are you running away from your classes again? I told you that you don’t need to do this for me. I can always have my assistant get me something out there.”

She shrugged and moved to a coffee table to place the lunchbox she’d brought with her from home. “We both know you don’t remember to eat lunch. Come and sit. Mom made you japchae. She wants to see you later for dinner. Do you think you can make it?”

Min sighed and came to seat at the comfortable armchairs surrounding the coffee table. He looked at the food arrayed on the table and picked up his chopsticks. “I have to meet Shin. He’s coming into town today, and will be gone tomorrow afternoon. We’re going out to Bar 74.”

Lara sat down across Min and watched him take a small bite of his japchae. He looked tired; there were dark circles under his eyes. He wasn’t sleeping well. “Are you sure you should be out drinking? I think you need to rest.”

“Don’t nag, Lara. I can take care of myself just fine.” He shrugged. “Besides, I miss seeing Shin. We haven’t managed to talk while he’s been away. I’m glad I have the freedom to go wherever I please now.”

Lara sighed and sat back in her chair watching him eat. He didn’t look up to see her speculative study. So, she sighed again and waited to see if he’d catch on. When he didn’t glance up, she shook her head. He was ignoring her.

“Are you really not going to ask what’s wrong?” she asked with a frown.

“I’m sure you’re going to tell me anyway.” He glanced at his watch and raised his right eyebrow. “Make it quick, I have to leave in a few minutes.”

“Fine, I want you to call Young Jae Oppa. He misses you, you know. The same way you’re missing him and don’t bother denying it. You’re not sleeping.”

Min put his chopsticks down and glanced at her with a frown. His expression was carefully blank. She hated seeing it. “Are you done?”

“I’m not done. If you don’t call him, I will.” She declared with a glare.

Min picked up the napkin she’d placed beside the bowl of japchae and wiped his mouth. He placed it down on the table carefully and smiled at her. “Thanks for the food, Lara. Be careful going home, and say hi to Omma.”

He stood up and walked to the coat hanger where he retrieved his suit jacket. A fitted black jacket that he pulled over his pastel green shirt, he closed the buttons and smiled at her. “I’ll see you later.”

“Escape all you want, Jun Min Ho. I’ll get you to talk about this.” She stood up as he left the office with a short wave and she was left standing alone in his spacious office.

Her gaze fell on the half full bowl of japchae. He really wasn’t eating enough. She leaned down and picked up her handbag. She pulled out her cell phone and scrolled through her contacts until she found Young Jae. She smiled and perched on the edge of her seat as she waited for her call to be answered.

“Hello.” Young Jae’s quiet tone reached her after two rings.

“Young Jae Oppa, will you meet me for a while? I hope you’re not too busy.”

************************************************************************

Young Jae looked up when Lara showed up around two o’clock. She looked lovely in fitted jeans and a red top that framed her figure to perfection. Her hair was up in a ponytail and she sat down at the chair across him with a wide smile.

Annyeong,” she said happily.

He couldn’t help the smile as he put his book down and sat back. “You look happy, is it because the sun is shining today?”

“I’m enjoying the weather before it changes and its cold.” Lara shivered dramatically. He laughed and waved the waiter over so that she could get a drink. “What’s good here?”

“Have anything you like,” he told her. “Oppa might not have a job with Hanje anymore but I can still afford to buy you lunch.”

She chuckled and ordered a chocolate pastry and a tall glass of peach juice. When she was done, she returned her attention to him and he was suddenly treated to a thorough scan on his face.

“You look better than Min.” She frowned. “I hope you’re not a stubborn as he is.”

“Lara,” he started to protest but she raised a finger to stop him.

“Don’t start; I just had a similar conversation with my brother. He’s such a hardheaded idiot. All he knows how to do is work.”

Young Jae moved his book to the side. It was so easy to picture a stubborn Min working away in his new office. Min, he smiled at the image that filled his mind. He always remembered him at the musical park. He pushed his book to the center of the table and glanced at Lara.

“How is he really doing?”

Lara glanced at him with a frown. “What do you think? I’m having a hard time keeping up with him. He’s living at Jun house alone. Dad is busy doing his political things in Daegu. Omma wants him to move in with us, but he can’t. He’s not taking care of himself.”

“He has a house full of servants.” Young Jae pointed out to Lara. She was seriously concerned and her worry was hard to take. He didn’t want to think of Min struggling with anything. It made him want to run to Min. “He gets difficult when situations don’t go as he wants.”

“He’s not acting up right now. I haven’t seen him smile in two months, Young Jae Oppa. Is that even healthy for a human?” Lara shook her head and paused as the waiter returned with her order. When he left, she sipped her juice. “Actually, he smiled today. I think it has to do with Shin.”

“Shin,” Young Jae prompted. The thought of those two back together made him want to curse. “Is he back from Switzerland?”

Lara narrowed her eyes at him before she answered. “Yes, they are meeting tonight. I think it’s more than Oppa is telling me. He was too happy about it.”

He frowned. “What does that mean?”

“I mean,” she lifted her brow at him. “What do you think? He is a guy who hasn’t been with anyone in a while. Shin is back, Oppa is alone, and I don’t need to explain further.”

Young Jae gritted his teeth together at the thought of Min in Shin’s arms. Tonight, at Jun house where Min was living alone. He shuddered at the thought. It wasn’t meant to end like this. He wanted Jun Min Ho. “Where is he right now?”

“If you mean Shin, he’s arriving around seven o’clock or something like that. They are supposed to meet at Bar 74. Min looked all wide eyed about it.” She smiled at him. “It was kind of nice to see him that way.”

Young Jae looked away from her wondering if he was supposed to be smiling about Shin being with Min. The thought of Shin touching Min, he fisted his fingers. He tried to squelch that thought and sighed. “I’m glad he’s doing better.”

Lara rolled her eyes at him. “You don’t have to stay away. You can always visit him, call him, and talk to him. Min misses you.”

Young Jae shrugged. “Why aren’t you in school?”

She laughed. “He asked the same thing. I’m doing a project. I don’t need to be in a class room until next week. I thought I better try to fix the two of you before Oppa works till he drops.”

Young Jae reached for his drink and shrugged. “There is nothing to fix. I walked away, he’s living his life. There’s nothing to fix, little girl. Why don’t you concentrate on your project instead?”

Lara sighed at him in exaggeration but she talked about her project for a while. He helped her with a few contacts she needed to talk to for data. An hour later, she stood up ready to leave. She picked up her purse and gave him a soft look.

“Young Jae Oppa, I know you still care for Min.” She glanced around the café and then leaned down so that she whispered into his ear. “Tell him how you feel; he’ll forgive you for everything. Don’t let it go like this.”

She pressed a chaste kiss on his jaw and left the café in quick short strides. He was left there to think about what she’d said.

***********************************************************************  

Shin was late, Min thought as he sat on a stool at Bar 74. The dimly lit bar suited his mood, he wasn’t feeling festive. Hadn’t in a very long time, and it was starting to get on his nerves. He sipped his drink and stared at the bar counter.

“I’ll have what he’s having.” A familiar voice said and he glanced up as usual. His heart speeding up with hope even though it would be crashed when he found it wasn’t him. Was it possible to be such a slave to one person? His gaze settled on the man standing beside his stool. “How are you Min?”

He gasped quietly when his gaze collided with familiar dark eyes. “Young Jae,” he whispered. He cleared his throat and sat up straight on his stool. “What are you doing here?”

“I heard you’d be here.” Young Jae slid into the stool beside his and turned so that they were looking at each other. He nodded to the glass he was nursing. “You’re getting serious, is something troubling you?”

Min glanced at the glass of scotch and shrugged. “I don’t see how that is your problem. I’m here to meet someone.”

“If you mean Shin, I called him before I got here. He’s not landed yet. I told him I’d tell you not to wait.”

Min frowned at him; he’d suspected that Shin’s flight had been delayed. He hated that Young Jae was so informed. He hated that he missed that thorough ability the man possessed to organize every aspect of his life. It was ridiculous that he couldn’t even make a decision without thinking what Young Jae would say about it. He tossed back his drink and closed his eyes as it burned down his throat.

He slid out of the stool but Young Jae stopped him with a firm grip on his left arm. “Don’t leave yet,” Young Jae said quietly, his tone rough. “I’m sorry about that. I came here to talk.”

“We don’t have anything to talk about.” Min tried to extricate his arm from Young Jae’s hold but he couldn’t. He glared at Young Jae with irritation. “You’ve perfected the art of torturing me. Why can’t you just leave me alone?”

“I can’t.” Young Jae confessed quietly. The bar was dim and crowded no one paid attention to their conversation. Min leaned on the counter his gaze on Young Jae. “I can’t stop thinking about you and your darned confession. I know you’re talking to Shin, but I’m prepared to fight for you. Please just sit down and give me a moment to explain.”

“What is there to explain?” Min demanded his eyes flashing with anger. The feelings of pain filling his heart made him want to lash out at this man. “You didn’t want me. I moved on, end of story.”

“Can we talk somewhere private?” Young Jae asked then. “Please, Min. Give me fifteen minutes, and if you don’t think my explanation is good enough, we’ll call it quits.”

He wished he could refuse. He wanted to refuse, but, he gave the nod of assent. Young Jae dropped the money for their drinks on the counter and pulled him out of the bar. They walked through the alley to the front street and Young Jae hailed a cab.

It took more than fifteen minutes to get to Young Jae’s apartment. Min removed his shoes at the entrance and stopped. He looked around the bright living area, awed by Young Jae’s masculine décor. It looked like a comfy place to hang on any given day. Young Jae urged him forward with a hand on his shoulder. Min walked to the comfortable brown leather couch and sat.

Young Jae disappeared in what he assumed was the kitchen and returned back a few minutes later carrying two mugs of hot coffee. He placed one on the edge of the wooden coffee table and sat on the other end of the couch.

Min took the cup and sipped it slowly. The coffee was really good. He put the mug down and looked at Young Jae. “What do you want to tell me?”

“I’m sorry for not staying.” Young Jae apologized, his tone quiet. “I was protecting you the only way I knew how. Your vetting process needed you clean, no scandal. I did the press conference to take the heat away from you.”

“Why didn’t you tell me what Yul was doing to you and your mother,” Min demanded unable to hide the hurt he’d felt at that revelation. “You knew everything about me.”

“I didn’t think my problems were yours to deal with.” Young Jae shrugged. “It came from habit, I wanted to protect-

“Don’t say that to me again.” Min cut him off. “I’m tired of all the protection you’re doing. If you think leaving me and being here alone is fine then we’re wasting our time.”

Young Jae sighed and moved closer on the couch so that he could place a hand on Min’s shoulder. “I’m sorry. I’m trying to explain the best I can it’s not coming out the way it should.”

“Why did you leave me?” Min turned his eyes full of accusation. “I needed you that day, and you walked away. You jumped alone over the cliff. I couldn’t watch that awful press conference you did. Damn it, you should have trusted in me.”

Young Jae glanced down to where Min had a hand on his thigh. He dropped his hand from Min’s shoulder and took the slender hand in his. He held it tightly.

“Tell me how to fix it.” Young Jae begged quietly. “I miss you, Min. I know I won’t be back to work for Hanje, but that works out better for both of us. I’ll have more time to spend with you and-

Min shook his head. “You’re jumping ahead. We need some rules first. First, if anyone is hurting you and your mom, let me know. Even though it is someone close to me, don’t ever let it be like that.”

“I promise.” Young Jae smiled. “I know what you did for her, thank you for getting her house back. That was very kind of you.”

Min nodded and squeezed Young Jae’s hand. “Second, don’t leave me again. You have to promise not to leave me. It gets lonely and I-

Young Jae pulled him into a tight hug and he let a gasp escape as warmth filled him. He took in Young Jae’s familiar scent with closed eyes and buried his face into Young Jae’s solid chest. It felt like homecoming. “I won’t leave you again. Any other rules I should know about?”

Min wrapped his arms around Young Jae’s back and pulled him closer. “Only one other rule,” he said softly.

“Let’s have it,” Young Jae urged.

“If I tell you I love you, you’re supposed to reply-

Min never got to finish his third rule. Young Jae leaned back pressed a kiss to his right eye. “I’m sorry,” Young Jae said gently. He pressed another kiss on Min’s left eye. “I love you too. I should have said it that day.”

Min’s breath hitched and he opened his eyes to look into hopeful dark ones. Young Jae leaned closer and kissed him, this time on his lips. A hungry, desperate kiss that spoke of longing, need and love. His arms held on tight as Young Jae held him tight.

Min was lost in sensation as Young Jae kissed him with fervor. He’d missed the sensual feel of Young Jae’s tongue stroking and filling his mouth. It made him want to get closer to Young Jae somehow fit his body closer to Young Jae so that he’d never be alone again. Min slid his arms up around Young Jae’s broad shoulders and pressed closer.

Young Jae broke their kiss and buried his face in Min’s shoulder. “I missed you.”

“I missed you too.” Min answered his voice muffled. His heart slammed against his chest as he clung to Young Jae. “Please don’t leave me again.”

He couldn’t imagine losing this feeling if Young Jae left him again. “Will you say it again?”

Young Jae ran a hand over his back and lifted his head slightly. He pressed his lips against Min’s ear gently and whispered. “I love you, Jun Min Ho.”

 

 

Epilogue

It was Min’s birthday. He was turning twenty-five. Young Jae held the small black box in his hand nervously moving it from one hand to the other. He stood in the foyer at Jun house watching the guests arrive. Lara led Kaori, Jihu and Shin into the foyer. She smiled wide when she saw him waiting anxiously.

“Young Jae Oppa is a bit nervous. I think this is the first time he’s been at this kind of party as a guest instead of the person who arranged it all.” Lara explained to Jihu.

“Young Jae Oppa,” Jihu looked at her with a questioning eye and she chuckled. Lara and Jihu seemed to have been hitting it off ever since he’d returned. “I thought I was the only one you called that.”

“Keep wishing.” Kaori came to stand beside Young Jae. She tucked her hand at his elbow. “Where is the birthday boy?”

“He’s upstairs getting ready for the big party. His father wants to officially announce the board’s decision last year today. He’s a bit nervous.” Young Jae explained, looking up to meet Shin’s gaze. “He’ll be happy to see you guys here. He’s really missed you.”

“Not so much though,” Shin said with a small smile. “He had you, right?”

Young Jae chuckled at this friendship that seemed to be developing between Shin and him. It was still unsettling to see Min be so friendly with the guy, but he wasn’t bad. “He does have me.”

Kaori patted his arm. “I think you should go rescue birthday boy from himself. He’s probably standing before his closet unsure what he wants to wear.”

Young Jae shook his head at her accurate assumptions. He left the group of friends and headed upstairs eager to see Min. Min’s bedroom was on the second floor. He’d moved back in a month ago. It had taken a lot of courage to face Min’s father and declare his intentions for Min. The man had taken their relationship quite well considering his political aspirations. He’d praised them for telling him the truth and urged them that it was better to keep things in the light than hidden. Hence, he was now living in Jun House, where he would remain for the rest of his life, or until Min send him away, unlikely as that was.

In Min’s bedroom, he frowned and adjusted that thought. In their bedroom, Min stood by the bed wearing a towel around his hips. It was hard not to stare at the lean gorgeous body. Min was beautiful to look at. Young Jae couldn’t help thinking about the sight of him caught in the throes of passion. His head thrown back, lips parted in a gasp, his eyes closed in ecstasy. Min looked at him at that moment, and he groaned. They were definitely going to be late for the party downstairs.

“What?” Min asked.

Young Jae held out the black box he’d been carrying around all day. “I know you’ll be receiving loads of gifts downstairs. So, I want you to open my present first.”

Min smiled a charming cute smile that drew his gaze to the curved lips. He leaned down and kissed them before he released the box to Min.

Min opened the box eagerly. He didn’t protest when Young Jae wrapped his arms around his hips and pulled him closer. Instead his gaze was fixated on the platinum band resting on a bed of blue velvet. Min removed the ring from the box and stared at it. A sparkling diamond in the center of the ring glinted in the light. A soft gasp escaped when it parted in the middle and they were two rings. One with the stone in the middle, the other without, the stone held the two rings together.

He looked up at Young Jae. Young Jae took the ring with the stone with one hand. “This is my heart. Keep it safe.”

Min nodded and held his left hand out for Young Jae to slide the ring on his middle finger. He slid Young Jae’s ring on his left middle finger.

“Now, Shin will know to keep his hands off you.” Young Jae declared with a satisfied nod.

Min laughed and wound his arms around Young Jae’s neck. “He calls you, That Dog, Young Jae.”

“I know.” Young Jae’s hands slid down Min’s bare back to the towel his fingers tangling in the soft white fabric. “I’m glad he knows that I’ll turn rabid if he touches you.” He tugged on the towel and it dropped to the floor leaving Min naked.

Min pulled back slightly to look at him. “Do we have time?” Min asked breathlessly as his body filled in anticipation.

Young Jae turned him toward the bed. “We can make time. You’re the boss, everyone else is just early. Besides, you’re the birthday boy.”

***The End***

 

If you notice, there has been a quote on every chapter in this story. So, to end things, I got a quote for you to think about at the end of this story. Feel free to share your favorite quote, or what you thought about the story. Cheers.

We’re so busy thinking about our own bruises

Our own scars, we forget how to forgive,

But if we just take the time to peak into

Someone else’s world,

Even the unforgivable can be forgiven,

Philip , Spring waltz

Thanks so much for reading this story.

em>Japchae - korean style stir fry noodles, Omma - Mom, Annyeong - hello/ hi (informal greeting), Oppa - older brother(used by girls only)
Cafe 74/Bar 74 - Popular cafe in Seoul that has a bar in the back that starts at around 6p.m. Great place to have cocktails ^_^Read about it here.
2012, lilansui
  • Like 12
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

What a beautiful story sui..i'm so happy to see jae and min together. I also liked lara alot. Great story and wonderful writing. Keep up the great work.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/08/2012 02:57 AM, joann414 said:
Beautifully written storry with a well deserved happy ending for my two favorite guys.thumbsupsmileyanim.gif
Thank you Joann, so much for reading and loving Min and Young Jae. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/07/2012 02:02 PM, sacredlove said:
What a beautiful story sui..i'm so happy to see jae and min together. I also liked lara alot. Great story and wonderful writing. Keep up the great work.
Thanks Sacred, for the reviews and for reading through to the end. It really means a lot.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/07/2012 01:32 PM, Conner said:
Excellent story, well told. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

 

Thank you. worshippy.gif

Thank you Conner!! I totally love the *bow down* it made my day. As always, I'm honored you read through to the end. Cheers.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Damn you, you made me cry. lol

 

I didn't realize I missed a chapter before this one. It must have been when I was still w/o power.....

 

I'm so glad they finally got together. I'll be honest with you, at the beginning I really wanted Min and Shin to get together. Well, more than they were anyway. lol

 

But Young Jae grew on me. It was so sweet at the end with the rings. Made me cry.

 

Excellent story lilansui! :2thumbs: Now I look forward to more EB&Catnip. =)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Awesome story, I cheered for Shin at first, and really, really didn't like Young Jae, but as it became clear what he was dealing with and what kind of a person he really was, I started to like him too. I'm glad this all worked out in the end for Min, it was neat to see how he emerged from his reluctance into someone who was stronger than he initially seemed. Great Story!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Very beautiful story, way to short but still very beautiful. I'm not surprised that Shin and Young Jae are becoming friends. Your quote was perfect to end this story. Your stories are so warm and inspiring and this one was very much so.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/08/2012 03:04 PM, Lisa said:
Damn you, you made me cry. lol

 

I didn't realize I missed a chapter before this one. It must have been when I was still w/o power.....

 

I'm so glad they finally got together. I'll be honest with you, at the beginning I really wanted Min and Shin to get together. Well, more than they were anyway. lol

 

But Young Jae grew on me. It was so sweet at the end with the rings. Made me cry.

 

Excellent story lilansui! :2thumbs: Now I look forward to more EB&Catnip. =)

I just saw this, wow, is bad to say I loved that you cried. lol. Thanks so much for your reviews Lisa.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/05/2012 07:37 AM, layla said:
Awesome story, I cheered for Shin at first, and really, really didn't like Young Jae, but as it became clear what he was dealing with and what kind of a person he really was, I started to like him too. I'm glad this all worked out in the end for Min, it was neat to see how he emerged from his reluctance into someone who was stronger than he initially seemed. Great Story!
Thanks Layla, I think that Shin might have worked out if he stayed, but if he had, then Young Jae and Min wouldn't be right...lol. Thank you for your reviews.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/06/2013 07:22 AM, Daithi said:
Very beautiful story, way to short but still very beautiful. I'm not surprised that Shin and Young Jae are becoming friends. Your quote was perfect to end this story. Your stories are so warm and inspiring and this one was very much so.
Thank you so much for reading through this one too. This one was short, but I think it was just right. Young Jae's and Min's love was the ultimate goal and having Min become the head of a family worked out. It's always good to come back and see some of the things I might have added, but also it's the best to read your thoughts. Thank you so much...:)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/21/2013 02:48 PM, Jaro_423 said:
A lovely story. You do a wonderful job. Thank you for writing and entertaining so well.
The pleasure is all mine, Jaro. Thanks once again for reading one of my stories. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

You really know how to put 'LOVE' in a love story...great story, very nicely done!! Thanks for sharing!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/01/2014 08:33 AM, Onim said:
You really know how to put 'LOVE' in a love story...great story, very nicely done!! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you Onim, I work at the LOVE part...lolz..:)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..