Jump to content
    LillyLee
  • Author
  • 877 Words
  • 1,330 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Christmas Admirer - 1. Chapter 1

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me…..

 

The basket was sitting on my desk when I awoke with a big red bow tied on the front. I could see through the red tinted cellophane it was full of movie night supplies. A box of microwave popcorn (extra butter style), two popcorn flavor shakers, two christmas mugs and a can of hot chocolate, a bag of marshmallows and a snowman onesie. The card was plain and simple with a christmas tree on front. Inside Keirnan’s neat printing read, ‘Every moment with you is a celebration’. Who would have thought this big, strong vampire would be such a sappy romantic?

 

“Come on, I only have 12 days till christmas, as I was reminded this morning. I need to pick something perfect”

“Nikki, you know him better than anyone, you're his oldest and dearest friend.”

“Yea, but now I’m also his boyfriend. I don't know what to buy a boyfriend for Christmas!”

“And you think we do?”

“You have had relationships before.”

“Sure, with women. They are easy, just get them something shiny.”

“Or soft and cuddly.”

“Or chocolate.”

“You are no help at all.”

“We warned you we wouldn't be.”

“What do guys like?”

“Condoms and lube?”

“Lingerie?”

“Beer and hot wings?”

“Yea, no help at all.”

 

 

 

<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>

On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me…

 

At first it looked like a picture frame but it was much too thick. When I pulled the paper off I realized it was a shadow box. The background was done up like a racetrack and a little red hot wheels was mounted inside. On the front of the glass he wrote ‘you make my heart race’.


 

“I agree, it's adorable and sweet.”

“I have no idea how to be romantic. I need to do something special for him!”

“So what do you want from me?”

“I’m not romantic! You're a girl, it's like in your DNA.”

“That's sexist. Besides, I think Keir got all the romance in this family.”

“Shay!”

“Nicholas!”

“He's your brother.”

“And he's your boyfriend. Your best friend. Look, you two have been attached at the hip since we met. Remember when he got sick?”

“Course I do.”

“You made him that care package when he went into the hospital.”

“That wasn't romantic. I just put a bunch of his stuff in a box for him.”

“It was thoughtful. And it meant a lot to him. And then you snuck into the hospital because everyone thought he was going to die and you didn't want him to be alone. Or leave without getting to say goodbye. You risked your life to see him one last time.”

“That's not even relevant.”

“Sure it is. The time he got upset by the kid dressed as a vampire and you stopped him from picking a fight. Then took him home and showed him those old movies. Or how you convinced your Aunt to let you get a mini fridge in your room to keep blood stalked because he was too embarrassed to go downstairs and ask.”

“That's not even…”

“My point is you have always done wonderful and thoughtful things for him. It doesn’t matter if they were for your friend or boyfriend or if they were meant to be romantic. What matters is they came from your heart. I could have the most amazing romantic idea ever, but it doesn't mean anything if I give it to you. You have to come up with it all your own.”

“Urrgggg. You are right. I know you're right. I just don't know where to start.”

“You'll figure it out. You two were made for each other. He’ll love anything you give him.”

“What about you? You got anyone special you’re buying for?”

“Oh god no.”

“No boys in your life?”

“Lots of boys, no one special.”

“Eww Shay! I didn’t need to know that!”

I laughed and threw a pillow at her. She caught it and threw it back at me.

“Not all of us were lucky enough to meet our true loves before puberty. We got to play the field and search for them. Besides, dating is more fun when it's not serious. Guys are like ice cream.”

“How so?”

“You can’t choose your favorite flavor until you try them all. And even then it's hard to choose just one.”

“You're a little bit of a slut aren't you?”

“And you are a little bit of a prude!”

Nikki laughed as he attacked his friend with the pillow and defended himself from her counter attack. After a while the two friends collapsed next to each other and caught their breaths as their laughter died down.

“Shay…”

“Yea, Nikki?”

“Do you think Kiernan wishes he… tried different flavors?”

“No.”

“But you said…”

“Thats me. We're talking about you and Keirnan. He has never wanted anyone else and he never will. Trust me. As sure as the sky is blue, you will always be the only one for my brother.”

“Do you ever think you’ll have that? Would you want it?”

“Maybe one day. But right now I’m having fun being young, single and not attached.”

Copyright © 2017 LillyLee; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I liked the fun, sweet, and serious (all in one) talk between Shay and Nikki. I really like these characters and enjoyed "visiting" with them again. I'm on to chapter two, and I hope you have more adventures planned for these guys. Thanks. Jeff

Link to comment
On 02/24/2017 10:03 AM, JeffreyL said:

I liked the fun, sweet, and serious (all in one) talk between Shay and Nikki. I really like these characters and enjoyed "visiting" with them again. I'm on to chapter two, and I hope you have more adventures planned for these guys. Thanks. Jeff

Thanks for the review! I'm so glad you like it. These two are so cute and Im having lots of fun writing them. I'm planning a whole bunch, year in the life sort of thing but it will be slow moving.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..