Jump to content
    LillyLee
  • Author
  • 991 Words
  • 1,046 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Christmas Admirer - 2. Chapter 2

On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me…

The key-chain was added to my key-ring. I didn’t even notice it at first, not till I climbed into his car and went to put my keys in my bag. The toonie sized silver medallion was inscribed ‘I hope your Christmas is as nice as your butt’

 

“Really, Keirnan?”

“It’s a very nice butt, Little Bit.”

“You’re such a weirdo.”

“Aw, darling, you love me and all my weirdness.”

“Yea, I do. I wouldn’t change a thing.”

“Did you have a good time with Shay last night?”

“I did. Feeling left out? Missed me?”

“As a matter of fact, I did miss you. I always miss you when you're not around. But I think it was nice you guys were spending some time together. I know I kind of monopolize your time.”

“Don’t worry about her, she's got her own friends. I love her like a sister but we don’t really have much in common.”

“Yea, she won’t let me meet them.”

“That’s because your intimidating and over protective.”

“I am not!”

“You are, but I don’t mind.”

 

 

<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>

 

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me…

The mason jar had a red bow glued to the lid and glitter snowflakes all over it. The card said “Chocolate kisses for when I’m not there to give you the real ones” .

 

The crowds seemed to press against me on all sides. Kids yelling and crying everywhere. And for some reason people kept running into me. I know I’m short, but come on. People are supposed to be jolly and kind this time of year. It felt more like I was surrounded by vultures.

I looked through the windows of each store I passed, hoping something would catch my eye, but nothing seemed right. I wandered the aisles of the large department stores but everything was so commercial. Nothing spoke to me, nothing said ‘Nicholas loves Keirnan’, or ‘you mean everything to me’. I tried to come up with ideas for a basket like I made for him when he was sick but it just didn’t fit. Maybe the mall wasn’t the best place to find a gift for my lover.

I had been wondering around for two hours at least when I decided to call it quits. I headed out to wait for the bus and the snow was falling much heavier than when I had come out. The wind cut right through my jacket and I was wishing I had my hat and gloves.

With a sigh of defeat I pulled out my cell phone.

“What’s up, Little Bit?”

“Can you come pick me up.”

“Of course. You sound miserable, baby, where are you?”

“The mall”

“Why… never mind you can tell me all about your adventure when I get there. Love you.”

“Love you too. And thanks.”

“Anytime, you know that.”

 

He had the heat cranked when he pulled up and I was thankful. He also had a hot chocolate in a take out cup for me.

“You are the best.” Keirnan chuckled.

“So what made you decide to brave the hordes this close to Christmas?”

“I wanted to buy presents.”

“I didn’t see any bags. Didn’t find anything?” I shook my head. “I would have come with you, I know you must have hated doing that alone.”

“I was trying to find something for you.” I mumbled.

“Oh, darling, you don’t have to give me anything. You’re all I’ve ever wanted.”

“Well, you’ve set the bar pretty high.”

Keirnan pulled into the driveway and turned off the car. He turned to me with a soft smile. “Nikki, I have had a lot of fun picking out little things for you. If it’s too much i’ll stop.”

“No! I mean… it’s really sweet and you have put so much effort into it.”

“I never meant to make you feel like you had to match it. I just wanted to make you smile.”

“The gifts do make me smile. I just want to do something special for you too.”

“I get it. But listen, you have never once given me something I didn’t love and never have I doubted how much I mean to you. I think you’re having trouble because you are thinking about it too hard. Just relax and it will come to you and it will be perfect.”

He left me with a soft kiss and a promise to hang out tomorrow. He was right, of course, I was thinking too hard.

 

 

 
<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>><<>

 

On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me…

When Keirnan showed up the next day with a gingerbread house kit I knew he was in full cheer up mode. We got three of the walls up before things started to fall apart. I’d never had so much fun failing at putting a house together but the mess on the table was surprisingly rewarding. We ate more candy then we stuck to the walls of the gingerbread. The icing had ended up all over our hands and faces. I snuggled into his chest, unsure and uncaring about when exactly I had ended up on his lap, and sighed as I tried to calm the giggles.

 

“I’m a little disappointed we don’t have anything to show for all this hard work. It was would have been kind of nice to have a house to keep over the holiday.”

Keirnan chuckled and reached around me into the bad he had sat next to the table. I hadn’t really noticed it when he came in, I was so excited for the gingerbread house.

 

“Well, that’s why I brought two.”

 

God, I loved this man. The second one turned out much better… but it was still a little light on the candy.

 


 

Copyright © 2017 LillyLee; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

How sweet, in a fun and not sappy way. Maybe Nikki will give himself to Kiernan for Christmas. Thanks for more good story.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..