Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Come Back To Us - 9. Chapter 9

Dear Margaret,

I hope that you, your husband, your parents, Paul and Emma are doing well.
I really hope the bombings will soon stop. Are you still living with your parents?
If I can go back soon, I’d like to help you find a new home.
I miss you all dearly.

I slowly learn to adapt to my new life here. It’s nice to find other Danes here, but it hurts at the same time. They remind me of home and how I can’t be there. Bu at least I know I’m not alone.
Learning all these new things is not easy, but I can count on my friend Jørgen to help me study. He knows a lot of things.
There is also this man who helps me, an officer, he teaches me how to write and read. Not only English, but Danish too. I can learn quickly thanks to him. I don’t really have time to wait how to do it good anyway. Your teaching helped me a lot.

I know I never wrote long letters, but I never knew what to say but that I was doing well and asking if you were too. Besides it’s the first letter I am writing by myself, without help of anybody.

I was never good for this kind of thing.

I don’t want you to worry for me. I didn’t forget what your husband told me. Jørgen told me stories of what men had endured for missions before. I am preparing to the worst. But no matter what will happen, I will never change my mind. I made my choice, and now I have to take full responsibility of it. Do, I whish I could be there with you to help the people who need it. But even if I did, it wouldn’t help stop this war.

Too much people died to this day. And I might be useless for now, but I know all comes in time. Even if I die, I will have tried.

Jørgen write everything that happens daily here in case something happens to him, so it can be given to his family, they can have something left of him. I thought about doing the same, but I think my letters are enough.

He doesn’t look afraid. Not any of theses men do. They look…sure of them. They know what they have to do. I’d like you to see them, I’d like you to come here. But I think you can’t…Even with Paul’s friend. I don’t know if he changed since he worked here, but at least you could tell me.

If you want me to tell him something, just write it, I will. Or no, I forgot, you can phone him.

Thank you for the food you send me each week, but you should keep it. Some people need it much more than I. I like to share it with Jørgen do, becoz he doesn’t have this luck.

I give you all my love, just like you give me yours. May my next letter fins you well.

His hand quivered as it was holding the quill. It had taken him more than a week to get to writing that letter, and now there he was, unable to put a full stop to it.

He wanted to ask her about George, how he was doing. But he shouldn’t.

He was sure George had never asked about him since he left. Was he even still living the Hopkins? He must have been happy. He didn’t have to share a room anymore.

I hope George didn’t do it again.

How is George? Is he still living with you? Is he still helping at the hospital? How is he doing with the situation?

Say hello for George from me.

Did George tell you about me?

Did George go back to his home to see his mother?

Is George still alive ?

Tell him I think about him. No, in fact, don’t. Just tell him it’s strange not to have to share a room with him anymore.

So many things he was thinking of, but which he would never write down.

I don’t need you. I can live without you. I’ve made a real friend who’s there for me whenever I need it, not only when he needs me.

That was it.

Your dear Danish lad.

Karl.

Hello! :)
Here you go with the next chapter!
Take care ❤️
Copyright © 2022 LittleCherryBlossom26; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
  • Love 6
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

What a nice touching letter that took Karl a week to write. He used a quill. How old fashioned and elegant. His helpful personal trainers have enabled him to write a letter in English.

I am sure Mrs. Hopkins will love reading it. Karl told her about his life and friend and desire to stay through and help fight the war. He could not discuss George.

However, Karl was transfixed by George and really is tormented by his feelings for George. He is pained he can't say what he wants to say about George.

I hope someone comes to visit him. George is a cad for not visiting him and helping Karl balance and better understand his life and feelings.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
37 minutes ago, scrubber6620 said:

What a nice touching letter that took Karl a week to write. He used a quill. How old fashioned and elegant. His helpful personal trainers have enabled him to write a letter in English.

I am sure Mrs. Hopkins will love reading it. Karl told her about his life and friend and desire to stay through and help fight the war. He could not discuss George.

However, Karl was transfixed by George and really is tormented by his feelings for George. He is pained he can't say what he wants to say about George.

I hope someone comes to visit him. George is a cad for not visiting him and helping Karl balance and better understand his life and feelings.

@scrubber6620I know right 😞 But George needs time to deal with his feelings, accept them and make peace with hismelf

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Karl sounds like he is really still lost without George being close to him.  I think Karl is missing more than George, he is missing the touch of a man not just George.  Karl has been struck with the feelings of love for another man, not neccessarily George.  I hope Karl will find what he is looking for to allow him to feel good about himself inside and then be able to sleep once again.  Karl need that to continue on with his deciding to join the RAF. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..