Jump to content
    lofie
  • Author
  • 2,554 Words
  • 2,190 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Please enjoy this short-ish story I wrote.
 

Mate me - 4. Single or Taken

I took a quick shower then I drove over to her place. Luckily uncle Robert was in his room. I texted him when I got to the car. I wasn’t in the mood to listened to his half-baked ideas about my so-called alpha status. I mean c’mon I was at the bottom of the pack and I was happy with my ranking, I slid under the radar and I could be as antisocial as I wanted to be. That’s another thing, an alpha, a good one, was charming and cared about pack politics. I was often the last to know about who hates who. Peter was destined to be the alpha. Everybody knew that even me. Unfortunately, he would be cruel in leadership, that was abundantly clear, to me anyway. I had no place here. I’m no alpha, no beta definitely not an omega. I’m a square peg in a valley full of round holes, I just didn’t fit. I pulled into her driveway and my heart skipped a beat. She was sitting on porch with her headphones in fiddling with her phone. Her hair hung around her like a cape occasionally swaying in the wind. This visceral reaction I felt every time I saw her was too much. My uncle was right about one thing, at least I wanted him to be, she was my mate. I got out of the car and walked over to her and tapped her on the shoulder. She jumped, looked up at me and gave me a blinding smile. It was like a flash went off, I blinked. She took out her headphones and put them in her coat pocket.

“Hey sorry about that I was in my own little world there.” She stood up. She was incredibly close to me. The dusting of freckles that peppered the bridge of her nose and parts of her cheeks varied in size and intensity. I looked up and we locked eyes. She blushed. I felt like I was falling.

“Hey.” My voice was hoarse, my throat was suddenly dry.

“Hey yourself…I’m pretty hungry, you ready to go?” It was like snapping out of a trance.

“Yep.” I blinked then looked away.

“Lead the way.”

 ***

We drove in silence. He seemed strained judging by the way he griped the steering wheel. Everything about him was intense. The way he addresses me. It was like I was the only person in the universe. I was pretty sure he was about to kiss me back on my driveway. I shivered. Wonder what that would be like...

“Are you cold? Want me to turn on the heat?”

“No.” I blushed, trying to smile it off. “I’m fine.” His eyes were as dark as midnight. It was almost impossible to tell where his pupils ended and irises began. Then as if he wasn’t doling out the most heated look I have ever been on the receiving end of, he turned back and faced the road. Yep so intense the scary part was, I was into it.

 ***

“So ah- is this place any good?” We were sitting across from each other in a booth in the back. She had piled her hair up in a bun on top off her head. I tried not to stare as she studied the menu but it was nearly impossible. Everything about this screamed date yet the word date was never spoken.

“Of course, I wouldn’t take you somewhere that wasn’t good.” She rolled her eyes,

the corner of her lips quirked into the hint of a smile.

“So what would you recommend?”

“The waffles or pancakes if you have a sweet tooth. But everything is good.” She looked up and away from me.

“Hi are you guys ready to order?” Darren floated over to our table. I’m sure he had been dying to come over ever since we walked in. I could practically feel his excitement.

“Darren this is Jacs, Jacs, Darren.”

“Hi Darren.” Jacs smiled. Darren raised an eyebrow ever so slightly and tilted his head. “What would you recommend?”

“Well this guy always gets the pancakes, but if you're more into savoury the chipotle burger is my fave.” Her smile widened.

“I’ll have the blueberry pancakes.”

“Alright then.” He didn’t bother writing down her order. “Ry can I have a word with you in private.” I frowned. “It’ll be quick I promise.” His smile broadened. I sighed and reluctantly rose from my seat.

“He’ll be right back.” She nodded, pulling out her phone. Darren led me to the back office. Whatever he had to say he didn’t want anyone to overhear. I groaned internally figuring he was about to give me shit. He also never saw me with a girl ever.

“So this is the cause of your angst.” I frowned, throwing him a deadly glare for good measure. I was not angsty, or moody, I was just… not having a good day. “Relax, I just want to congratulate you.” He said once he unlocked the office.

“For what?”

“For finding your mate.” It felt good, hearing him refer to her as that, too good. She wasn’t mine though not yet anyway. She may never be mine. He frowned at my silence. “You're not going to claim her, are you?” He looked completely aghast.

“I don’t know.” I answered truthfully. I wanted her but what if she didn’t want me also she is human that complicated things.

“You’ll go feral.” He whispered. An unspoken word lay between us, Alpha. Jesus not him too. I sighed. “Just try, she’s lovely and all the unmated wolves in here want her.” I growled. My wolf still close to the surface.

“They know she’s yours. Chill” he smirked. I had noticed the looks and the lowered eyes from the more dominant wolves. I couldn’t deny the subtle signs of submission. “It’s obvious…” he pressed on. “Look I have to go put in your orders.” I nodded he turned to leave.

“Congratulations.”

“For what?” He tilted his head.

“Sky.” He blushed and released a breath, before leaving. I took a moment to collect my thoughts.

 ***

An eerie feeling had crawled over me as soon as they left to talk. I’m not usually paranoid but I felt like people were staring at me. When I tried to make eye contact with anyone they quickly turned away. I was feeling a little unhinged to say the least. Riley was only gone for a few minutes but I was relieved when Darren strode by the booth tossing a smile and a wink in my direction. Moments later Riley arrived.

“Sorry about that.” His smile didn’t quite reach his eyes.

“You alright?”

“Yea,” he paused, “ just… you know, guy talk.”

“Hmm.” I nodded. “Okay…”

“Sorry you had to wait out here. Anything interesting happen?”

“No, but I felt kind of like I was on display.” I looked away I was prepared for him to tell me how crazy or vain I was.

“It’s a small town thing.” He gave me a small smile, his eyes softened. “I know everyone here, they won’t hurt you.” Something stirred inside. It had to do with his protective tone, it was sexy. He cleared his throat and leaned forward. His voice was so low I almost didn’t hear him. “Do you have a...are you in a relationship?” Despite the delicious shade of crimson creeping up his neck, his eyes, once again dark, failed to waver from mine. I smiled coyly.

“Cute. I like boys, mostly.” I felt myself flushing “And yea I’m super single.”

“I find that hard to believe.”

“Smooth. What about you?”

“I’m single.”

“What about the other thing?”

“I like..girls.” He licked his lips. My pulse kicked up, I didn’t think it could go any

faster.

“Sorry to interrupt, your foods ready.” I looked up at Darren and leaned back. I hadn’t realized I was leaning forward.

“It’s okay.” I smiled adopting a breezy tone as if that would diffuse the sexual tension.

Riley gave me a scorching look before turning to Darren, I shivered. Darren smirked. He put our pancakes in front of us and two glasses of water.

“I’ll leave you to it.” I took a sip of my water relieved there was something to cool me down.

 ***

Natural born wolves navigate the world with their sense of smell and hearing, even in our human skin. For someone like me who was usually not the best at reading social cues these added traits were mostly a blessing and sometimes a curse. This diner was not a wolf only diner by any means, there were a few humans here, about ten or so others who were wolves not including myself. I could tell from their scents they were on edge. Especially the more dominant ones. What shocked me was I wasn’t sure why but I knew it had to do with Jacs. That thought left me very uneasy. My protective instincts surged. At least the pancakes were good, and most importantly she seemed content.

“How are your pancakes?” I asked between bites. I was hungry since this was my first meal of the day.

“Pretty damn good.” She took a sip of her water. “They’re almost as good as my mom’s.”

“I’m sure you mom is a great cook but she’s no Patty.” I failed at keeping a straight face.

“Who?” She cocked an eyebrow. An amused look skittered across her pretty features.

“Head chef extraordinaire.” A sultry laugh escaped from between her lips.

“Wow what a title. She’s good but you haven’t met my mother.” I took a sip of my water to prevent myself from saying something stupid. We finished our meals. So tell me.” She put down her fork. Her plate was completely devoid of pancake crumbs, there was just the usual left over syrup. I took that as a good sign. “Does everyone here know your trans? I hope I’m not being too forward.”

“No it’s cool.” I smiled. “It’s hard to be out and not have everyone know in a small community like this. Especially since being trans is so visible, but yea everyone knows and nobody cares.”

“Wow.” Her expression was thoughtful. “I always assumed that the small town mentality would make things...difficult.”

“I can only speak for myself and my town, most people are cool with it.” Those who didn’t mind were mostly my pack mates and that’s all that really matters.

“And what about those that aren’t cool with it?” I paused. Wolves don’t care about gender roles matching biological sex as much as humans do. It’s more about ranking and pack titles that is what denotes one's role. I didn’t really have one that’s where my problems lay. I shrugged.

“They don’t really matter.” A slow smile spread across her face. She’s so gorgeous.

My breath caught in my throat.

“That’s really refreshing.” Her voice washed over me like a cool wave. I shivered discreetly. I looked around it had gotten rather quiet and I hadn’t noticed the sudden shift in noise level.

“Believe me I’m privileged. I just happened to live in a community that’s mostly supportive. Things could be a lot worst. Do you have plans after this?” The low noise level was unnerving.

“Yes I have a family thing at my aunt’s. She lives in Swedesville.” I nodded that was about an hour and a half drive north.

“We should get you home then.” I waited for her to collect her things then we went up to the front to pay.

 ***

He paid for my meal. I had a feeling he wouldn’t have it any other way. It’s just this was feeling a lot like a date, and I was into it. I’m not the greatest at reading dating signals because I usually don’t care, however it was pretty clear that he was into me. The way he looked at me it was like he could see inside me, he also looked at my lips and blushed a lot. I blushed a lot too but it was more from his intense scrutiny. It was mega flattering I’ve never been someone’s focus before. It would be a lie if I didn’t say it felt really good.

“You okay?” He gave me what he thought was a surreptitious glance.

“Yes, good food, good company what more can a gal ask for?” I flashed a toothy grin. His hands tightened around the steering wheel. I smirked.

“What are you smiling at?” He looked amused. We were almost at my place I was feeling a little unbalanced. He was fun, I wanted to stay but I couldn’t and let’s face it I probably shouldn’t.

“I think I just found a way of teasing you.”

“Yea and what’s that?” His voice was so deep. I bit my lip he looked away from the road and tracked the movement with his bottomless blue eyes. I was shaken. My face went hot. He laughed it was a low sensual intonation. Fuck. He pulled into my driveway. I undid my seat belt just as he turned to face me. Suddenly I was feeling shy. “I had fun today.” He started. He was looking nervous. “I uh think we should hang out again.”

“Yes for sure. Thanks for treating me.”

“It was my pleasure…” His eyes dropped back to my lips, then snapped back up. His pupils were completely blown. It was in this moment that I realized our sexual desire was mutual. I leaned in until our lips connected and then...my brain short circuited. A seductive growl escaped his throat. I felt the vibration in every part of me. My toes curled and I whimpered. More I wanted more. I fisted his shirt and pulled him closer to me. I could feel his heart pounding in his chest. Heat was radiating from his body. He tentatively slipped his tongue into my mouth and stroked my own. I trembled. He was being careful, gentle but I wanted him to come unglued in the same way that I was. I grabbed a handful of hair and crushed our lips together deepening the kiss. This time he growled and nipped my bottom lip. I moaned. He dipped back Into my mouth and I stroked his tongue. I was insatiable. He smelled like fresh rain and a hint of spice. And the sexy little growls he made...fuck. The wetness between my thighs grew. He moved away from my lips and kissed a path to my neck. Pleasure pulsed through me. I mewled it was euphoric having his lips on the juncture where my neck and collarbone met. My fingers were entangled in his soft shiny black hair. His teeth grazed my skin I arched into him. I was falling and...I was so, so close…and then he pulled back. A rush of cool air punctuated the sudden loss of contact. I took a few seconds to open my eyes. My mind was completely scattered. That kiss was mind blowing.

“Hey” He cupped my chin. “You okay?”

“Yea just...recovering.” He searched my face. I know I should reassure him but my brain was completely blissed out. “That was everything.” My voice was hoarse. I grabbed my purse and hopped out of the car.

Copyright © 2019 lofie; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..