Jump to content
    lofie
  • Author
  • 2,967 Words
  • 984 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
Please enjoy this short-ish story I wrote.
 

Mate me - 5. Rainbows and Sunshine

My wolf was at peace. Finally, I felt so fucking content. I had tasted her and she reciprocated. In fact, she initiated. God she was such a firecracker. I felt myself heat slightly at the memory. I definitely wanted more but at least I was satisfied for now. I was all rainbows and sunshine. I knew what this meant, she was my mate and I wouldn’t be happy unless I was with her. I was pretty sure she wanted to be with me based on that kiss and how disoriented she was after. I smiled, broadly. Today turned out alright. I pulled into the driveway and my uncle was waiting for me on the porch. He looked pensive. He stood up and walked over to me as I exited the car.

“You were with with your mate.” I blinked. His energy was off even though his words were steady.

“Yes.”

“You smell like her.” His voice softened “but you're not mated your scents haven’t fused.” I shrugged looking away. I felt uncomfortable. What was he getting at? “She is your true mate, isn’t she?” I felt it, I knew she completed me, made me feel whole, settled my wolf. Yet I said nothing. “Only alphas have true mates.” I frowned. He looked away. We both know what this meant, my days here with the pack, were numbered.

“The Alpha has requested your company.” It was his turn to frown.

“For the night?” I tried to joke but it fell flat.

“There has been word of your… new found dominance. Everyone knows you found your true mate…where did you take her?”

“The diner.” He rolled his eyes.

“Of course, go see the Alpha we’ll talk later.”

 ***

In my experience, the alpha seemed reasonable enough, but things change when people felt threatened. I wasn’t a threat by any means I wasn’t even an alpha. Let's hope he thought so too. My existence within this pack depended on it. I decided to walk to the Alpha’s. It was in the centre of town and I needed to clear my head. The funny thing was if Jacs had never come into my life I would have left willing. Now I couldn’t, not without her and we just met so running away together wasn’t an option. The alpha’s house was much bigger than the average pack house which made sense. Pack mates were often crashing there. I knocked on the door and much to my chagrin Peter was on the other side.

“Hey there lover boy.” His face was a mix between a grimace and a smirk. I decided to ignore him.

“I’m here to see your father. Let him know I’m here.” An authoritative tone slid out out of me that I didn’t know I possessed. He scowled as I met his glare. Finally, he blinked his eyes and he looked down in submission briefly. There was nothing he could do if he didn’t let me inside. I would just let his father know. Wordlessly he stepped aside. His face was pinched into a mottled angry ball.

“He’s in his study.” He spat. I stepped past him leaving the door open for him to close. I knew my way to the study I had been here before when I came out. The Alpha sat behind a large oak desk. I knocked before entering. His head was bent as he shuffled around some papers.

“Come in Riley.” I sat down on the other side of the desk. When he looked up I was struck by his piercing green eyes. He had thick curly light brown hair that cascaded down his back, and a long reddish brown beard. He was also huge tall and broad shouldered with thick ropey muscles fused to every part of his body. He seemed God like. Everything about him screamed leader, and he was a good one. He oozed power and commanded respect. Compared to him I was no alpha.

“Hello Alpha hope you are well.” I addressed him in my most polite tone. He smiled warmly.

“I am, I’m just buried under a mountain of paperwork as usual.” Deep laughter rumbled out of him. He was nothing like Peter. The Alpha was relaxed, friendly and good natured whereas Peter was bitter and hate filled it was surprising that they are father and son. I was on edge. He gave me a comforting smile. “It’s okay Riley I brought you here to congratulate you on finding your true mate.”

“Thank you.” A lump formed in my throat.

“What’s wrong Riley?” He looked amused.

“Isn’t this where you kick me out for being…”

“An alpha? No. I’ve known of your nature for a long time now even though it was dormant.” He paused. “please close the door.” When I did he continued. “I see the way you handle the others, you reign yourself in. You control your wolf. I am aware that you feel aimless, position-less.”

“I...how…”

“It is my job to know my people Riley. And you are my people. Riley know that you’ve found your mate you do see that you are becoming who you were destined to be, correct?” He waited for me to answer.

“It’s only been two weeks since I scented her and three days of contact…” He nodded.

“Have you noticed any changes.”

“My wolf feels...settled.”

“You’ve marked her yes? Have you lain with her?” I blushed and he chuckled.

“Uh...no.”

“I didn’t think so, your scents haven’t fused but you smell different.” He paused and stroked his beard. “You've marked her?” I thought back to the kiss I felt my face burn. I hadn’t given her the mating mark but I almost did.

“Um no...” I took a deep shaky breath. “Not a mating mark.” At this point my face was hotter than the sun. He nodded his eyes twinkled with amusement.

“Okay that’s it for the invasive questions.” I breathed a sigh of relief. “I have a theory, your alpha nature is deeply tied to your mate. Once you complete the mating your true nature will come to fruition.” That was exactly what my uncle said, fuck.

“I just want to live here with my mate. I don’t want to be an alpha.”

“We are who we are Riley. The only way to not be an alpha is to deny your mate.”

My heart sunk like a stone. I couldn’t deny her not now that I’ve tasted her, I need her. “I see that isn’t an option. Good.” He smiled softly. “Now I think you need a mentor; this is the reason I summoned you. What day is good for you?” It took me a moment to realize he meant himself.

“Tuesdays are good I don't work Monday night.”

“Great I’ll see you Tuesdays at 2.”

“What about Peter?” His features darkened. We both know there was bound to be jealousy.

“I will speak to him. Now I have some work to finish up here.” I blinked. Just like that

the meeting was over.

“No problem, thank you for your time.”

“You are always welcome in this pack Riley. Please close the door on your way out.”

*** 

I all but sprinted to the front door and opened it with shaky hands. He was still in the driveway. I ran upstairs to my room as quietly as possible I didn’t want to attract any attention. I looked out the window and watched until he drove away. Five minutes later I went into the ensuite bathroom. There were three hickies on the right side of neck. They were exquisite. The one on the base of my neck was the darkest it would take atleast a week to fade. He marked me. That thought was irresistibly erotic. I could picture him sucking on my neck. I was still keyed up. If I didn’t have to go to Swedesville I would finish what he started. I sighed. One thing for sure I wanted him and since I never saw the point in waiting and playing mind games, just ask my exes, I was going to have him. Maybe once I get the lust out of the way we could be friends or maybe something more. I smiled. My heart fluttered at the idea of more I definitely wanted more.

 ***

“Who are you texting hon?” My mother was using her sweet coaxing tone. The you can trust me tone. My brother had his headphones plugged into his portable gaming device. My dad was driving us back from my aunt Sally’s six hours later. We were only 15 minutes into the drive home. I looked up and locked eyes with her in the mirror. I felt my face heat up. I was texting Riley, he wanted to know how my visit with my aunt went.

“Uh no one...a friend.”

“No one or a friend?” She sing-songed. I said nothing. “Well whenever your ready we’d love to have him over for dinner. My eyes went wide. She laughed, “Right Bill?”

“If I were her I would focus more on putting my life back together other than boys.” Dad snapped effectively killing the mood. My chest burned. I looked out the window. “The daughter I raised used to have her priorities in order.” He mumbled loudly.

“Bill enough.” I looked at my phone and sent Riley a quick text.

‘Are you working tonight?’ Dad’s being a dick I need someone to talk to.’ He responded right away.

‘I get off at 12, I can be there 15 mins after 12.’

‘Ok.’ My eyes felt heavy I wanted to sleep. ‘I gotta go but I’ll see you later.’

‘I hope your okay…I can get off earlier…’

‘No 12 is perfect everyone will be asleep see you then :).’

‘Yes see you soon.’ My heart ached I wished I could see him now.

 ***

My shift passed by in a blur. Trevor was actually present tonight but even if he wasn't here I guess Pat would have to close I’m leaving at 12. My mate needed me. She wanted to talk, what about I wonder. Even though we were texting I could tell she was really upset. I sighed as I wiped down the bar.

“Mate got you down?” Trevor grinned. Trevor was the only wolf I worked with, however he belonged to a neighbouring pack. We had always been friendly but I didn’t see him enough.

“Wow didn’t think gossip travelled that fast.”

“Ahh newly mated then, and no you smell different.”

“What do I smell like.” I was curious.

“Well more powerful for one thing Alpha,” His grin widened. “and piney, cinnamon,

woodsy, springtime and then your usual spicy musk. Is she an omega.”

“She’s human.” He gaped at me. “And uh we’re not mated yet.” Trevor was a few years older than me. In his pack he was a healer, an omega.

“Your true mate. A human with an omega spirit…” He mused. “If her smell is any indication you are one lucky dude.” He grinned.

“I am.” I blushed.

 ***

I was five minutes late. By the time I made it to her place it was 20 after midnight. She was waiting for me on the porch in what appeared to be her pyjamas and her long coat. As per her instructions I parked down street and walked up to her place. It wasn’t her first time sneaking out. I just didn’t get why she felt the need she was over 21. When I got to her, she jumped into my arms and wrapped me up in a fierce hug as if I hadn’t just spent the morning with her. She sniffled and I realized she was crying. My heart ached. I kissed the top of her forehead and waited patiently.

“Sorry,” She whispered looking up at me. “Let’s go then we’ll talk.” Her amber eyes glistened in the moonlight and her cheeks were flushed. It took everything in me not kiss her senseless until her pain disappeared. Finally I spoke.

“Sure let’s go.”

 ***

When I’m upset I liked to shift and run until my legs give out. That wasn’t an option here. I decided to bring her back to my place. Things were private there at least. At my place all the lights were off my uncle was asleep. I grabbed her hand and navigated the way to my room in the darkness. I didn’t want to wake up my uncle he was a light sleeper she seemed to get that. Once the door of my room was closed I turned on the lamp. And sat down on my bed. She kicked off her shoes and plopped down beside me. I wish I could turn off my libido if only for a few hours.

“So what’s up?” I nudged her smiling.

“I’m sorry you must think I’m some overly emotional mess.”

“No I think you're normal, everyone gets sad sometimes.”

“You're so wise.” She got up and shrugged off her coat. My mouth watered at the sight before me. She wore a green satiny strappy top they had white lace around the fringe. Her creamy shoulders were bare and I was pretty sure she wasn’t wearing a bra. I could see the outlines of a nipple piercing in both nipples. What made things even sexier was her pyjama pants. They had little ducks on them. She stretched and her shirt rode up exposing her belly button. My groin swelled. I licked my lips and quickly looked away. This wasn’t about that, she’s upset. I scolded myself. She finally flopped back down beside me. Laying down, she turned on her side facing me. I did the same.

“I’m a good listener too, try me.” She studied me for a moment. As if she was looking for clues in my features that signified trust. I waited.

“Before I moved here, I was in med school.” She began. “Actually, I’ll start over. In high school I was an overachiever I got good grades and I ran track. I was competitive and I thrived so naturally medicine being the most competitive field was were I felt I should be. I got my BSc in biology then I got into a medical program and once again I thrived. Not because I liked it but because I was good at competing with my peers and what else is there?” I could think of a few things. She continued. “At the end of my second year I got addicted to Adderall. At the time when I started using it was recreational then I realized I could stay up all night with limitless energy” she paused, “Nothing really bad happened I just decided to quit one day when I looked at my life and realized how lonely I was. So I quit the drugs and my grades suffered but by then I realized how much I hated medicine. I was doing it for all the wrong reasons. I was supposed to want to help people not just to be the best. You can probably guess where this is going.” I nodded. “I quit med school at the end of last year. For the first time in my life I felt like I could figure out who I was and what I wanted to do with my life. I didn’t think about my parents though.”

“How did they react?”

“My mom was supportive she always is. But my dad, he fucking hates my guts. I mean I get it he’s mad to him it seems I’m throwing my life away. Because honestly, I was depressed. Once the thrill of competing wore off and I was faced with the very real prospect of becoming a doctor, I just couldn’t. I couldn’t go to class. I couldn't leave my apartment. I just stop functioning. I was deeply unhappy.” She sighed. I reached out and rubbed her shoulder. My mate was hurting. Her eyes were shiny with tears. I wanted to ease her pain. “My dad won’t talk to me except to criticize. I’ve never felt so unwelcome in my life.” My chest tightened.

“Are you...moving out?”

“I think I have to. I wanna move back to DC eventually. Might as well stay here for a

while until I can manage that.” She shrugged. “But who knows.”

“I’ll come with you wherever you go.” She smiled. She probably didn’t realize how serious I was, I just couldn’t let her go not yet not ever I just found her.

“You’re sweet. I’m waiting for you to realize what a freak I am. The thing sadness it wasn’t new.”

“You get depressed sometimes?”

“Yea but in the past I could function.” I stroked her cheek. I needed to touch her I

needed to take her pain away.

You’re really brave. I should’ve said that right away.”

“For what?”

“For not staying on the wrong path even though it would be easy to, since your

already on it.” She didn’t seem convinced. “For doing what’s right for you despite the fact that to everyone else it seems wrong. You made the right decision, and yea it doesn’t seem like it and it’s scary as fuck but I’m 100 percent sure you’ll be ok.”

“100 percent huh, you just met me.”

“I’m also 100 hundred percent sure that your smart, beautiful and kind. A little, even a lot of sadness doesn’t scare me.” If she only knew, compared to her I was the stuff of nightmares. I kissed her on the forehead. “That’s how sure I am.” She snuggled into me and I wrapped my arm around her shoulders pulling her even closer. I inhaled her scent as her body slotted against mine. In this moment my wolf has never been happier.

Copyright © 2019 lofie; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..