Jump to content
    Mychyl
  • Author
  • 1,119 Words
  • 628 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Frozen [Mychyl Kime] - 2. Chapter 2

School continued, much as it always does. The fact that I even bother to continue attending should be good enough for these morons, who are clearly bent on chaining my mind to their points of view and their beliefs. Not likely, though they can keep trying all they'd like. It's not gonna work.

Long story short, the end of the day rolled around, and I could barely take three steps before I'm being pounced on from behind, with enough force given that I'm surprised to knock me to the ground.

"Ow!" I yelled, more from surprise than anything, "what the fuck!?"

Before I can move, Tyler leans over my head, his face split in an upside-down grin. "Hey, Chris!" he said loudly, pissing me off. EVERYONE called me Chris, and I hated it. My first name was Damien... why couldn't people get over it and call me by it, instead of my middle name? "You ready to go?"

I got up quickly, dumping him unceremoniously to the ground, and dusted myself off, pulling myself back into order. The kid was definately gonna be annoying, as usual, but since I'd already said yes, I could hardly say no, now could I? It wouldn't be right. And while I'm the one who wants to be alone and left alone, more than anything, it still wouldn't be right to ignore him after telling him we'd hang out. I groaned inwardly and took off, leaving him to try and keep up, his shoes slapping audibly against the concrete.

When we got to my house, I was greeted by silence. Remarkable, since I fully expected someone, anyone, to be home when I got there. Of course, the silence lasted MAYBE a full five seconds before Tyler started on about whatever random drivel poured out first, setting up my Playstation and clicking a game into place, switching in one of his memory cards.

Reluctantly, I took my usual chair, leaving him to grab a chair from the table in the kitchen to sit in. The game loaded... another stupid fighting game, as usual. His obsession with fighting games knew no bounds. I sighed, slouched in my seat, and settled in for boredom.

An hour and a couple cigarettes later, the kill count was 8-2, his lead, and I was about bored, so I reached up and shut off the power to the console. And nothing.

At this point, I expected wailing, tears, displeasure, complaining... nothing. I looked at him, and strangely, I saw a weird look in his eyes... then he saw that I was looking, and quickly glanced away. And I'll be damned, but for an instant, I thought I saw him flush a bright red.

However, the moment passed, and whatever I'd missed, it wasn't continuing, since he quickly grabbed the game out of the PS, then went to the kitchen. I heard the cabinets doors opening and closing quickly, which usually meant he was looking for snacks, then the fridge opening. With a sigh, I walked over to the couch and opened my backpack, digging through for my homework. With him stuffing his face, at least I'd have a chance to get it out of the way relatively quickly, and when he took off, I could go back to playing games I actually liked, instead of catering to him and his stupid games.

I heard him walk back into the living room, then stop at the doorway, and I glanced up. In each hand, he had a plate of chips and sandwiches, and somehow he'd managed to balance two bottles of soda between them, like some sort of magic trick. Surprised, if only a bit, I walked over to him, accepting my plate and soda and actually thanking him as I walked with it back to the couch.

"Aww, you don't wanna play anymore?" he asked, almost petulant, as he came over by me, sitting on the couch instead of in front of the TV.

"No, I need to get my homework done now," I said, in as close to a dismissive tone as I could manage at the moment, and purposefully started walking towards my bedroom door.

"That's OK, I need to do mine still too... we can play more afterwards." I could almost SEE the grin on his face, just from the tone of his voice, and I realized he'd planned out the entire afternoon, all of it devoted to torturing me... but then I remembered the food and soda, and I realized that maybe, just maybe, he might not be so difficult to deal with after all. If nothing else, I could always have him run to the kitchen...

While on this train of thought, I'd entered my room, letting him inside for what was probably the first time, and he stopped to stare at the walls...

OK, yea. I said I'm gay, and to anyone who doesn't have their head buried up their ass, my room proves it. Posters of hot guys plastered all over my walls, with the smaller magazine clipping-ones stuck wherever any white showed on the walls. The end result was my room now: hot guys, on every wall, watching me, and me, sleeping under their gazes, wishing that one of them would come rescue me from this Hel which was my life right now.

"Wow..." he whispered, almost entranced, and as I turned to look at him, his eyes were dancing from one guy to the next, as though judging them. Not the response I was expecting, but I was glad of that... he was almost bearable, and alienating him with my walls, while fun for a minute, might not prove as fun later on, when he might tell his mother just how my room was decorated. She would guess, I figured.

Without further ado, I settled onto my bed, books and binder out before me, and he sat at my desk right next to the bed, working on his math homework. Time passed, slowly as it always does when doing homework, but before I knew it, it was getting too dark in the room to read, and I was reaching for the lightswitch.

As the light came on, I glanced over at Tyler, confused by his silence... which is probably only natural, since this was the longest he'd been quiet since I'd met him... and saw his head down, facing me with his eyes closed. With a long-suffering sigh, I walked over to him and shook him awake.

"Wake up, kid... it's homework-time, not sleeptime," I chided, not feeling all that gruff at the moment, and was rewarded when he started stirring.

"Damien... love ya..." he mumbled, as he slowly awoke...

2004-2005 Mychyl Kime (KimeNet, LLC)
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..